PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Anyone know why it isn't on tonight? Thought it would have been a decent listen.

SMAXXA
26-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Anyone know why it isn't on tonight? Thought it would have been a decent listen.

The guys are all still out in the Bevie celebrating hibs relegation mate .

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 05:30 PM
All you would hear is a laughing sound effect for the duration of an hour.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 05:30 PM

Ah, that explains it :greengrin

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 05:36 PM
:top marks

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Its all about Hibs on Eklipse Sports radio, if you can bear it anymore

Pete
26-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Sportsound would have been an hour of jambos s******ing and Tom English repeating the words "I told you so".

No thanks.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2014, 05:44 PM

you better believe it.
That lot have had it right in for Hibs for months.
Richard farmer sh*gger Gordon. Rob slanty eyes McLean. Fatso Robertson. Willie skelp Miller. Billy Boy Dodds. Alan peanut brains Preston.
what a group of absolute smegma lickers.
can't wait to see their clubs FAIL in future.

what gets me is McLean and Gordon both reckon they're the country's football super brains. Sadly, they don't come even close to their English counterparts. Chalk and cheese. Their commentary and general punditry is dire and sore to listen to.
Move on ya fuds.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-05-2014, 05:44 PM
They've finally run out of withering things to say about Hibs.

lapsedhibee
26-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Bank Holiday Monday so it's only available as a download (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9O6pCYyelA) today.

gillythehibby
26-05-2014, 06:04 PM
FK Sportsound. It's full of Hand-shaking Anti-Hibs nonsense anyway. Those cants will be loving it. See how *** much they are loving the premiership next year without premiership teams. Bawbags

G15 Hibs
26-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I wonder why you all listen to it if they upset you so much. Put on The Archers instead.

(((Fergus)))
26-05-2014, 06:16 PM
I wonder why you all listen to it if they upset you so much. Put on The Archers instead.

They are slagging Hibs in Ambridge too.

Smartie
26-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I hadn't listened to Sportsound in ages (normally at the game when it is on) and considered the ctiticism it got on here to be Celtic-esque paranoia.

I missed the game yesterday as I was at a wedding and listened to the build-up to the game and was absolutely flabbergasted at how critical they were of Hibs in the lead up to the game, and how they seemed to be hell-bent on talking Hibs into a poor result. Ok, we have been grim this season but we were in a pretty solid position going into yesterday's game off the back of a solid if unspectacular performance at Hamilton.

Didn't hear the game or the aftermath but I could only have imaged they would be revelling in the "I told you so" glory of it all.

With hindsight none of it is really unreasonable. Take a club of our size and budget, give it 3 months to get 4 points and avoid a play-off or get 90 minutes to better a 2-0 defeat at home with a full house behind you against lower league opposition, fail to do it, and imo you deserve every little piece of criticism that comes your way. I just wish they didn't seem to enjoy it all so much.

green day
26-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I hadn't listened to Sportsound in ages (normally at the game when it is on) and considered the ctiticism it got on here to be Celtic-esque paranoia.

I missed the game yesterday as I was at a wedding and listened to the build-up to the game and was absolutely flabbergasted at how critical they were of Hibs in the lead up to the game, and how they seemed to be hell-bent on talking Hibs into a poor result. Ok, we have been grim this season but we were in a pretty solid position going into yesterday's game off the back of a solid if unspectacular performance at Hamilton.

Didn't hear the game or the aftermath but I could only have imaged they would be revelling in the "I told you so" glory of it all.

With hindsight none of it is really unreasonable. Take a club of our size and budget, give it 3 months to get 4 points and avoid a play-off or get 90 minutes to better a 2-0 defeat at home with a full house behind you against lower league opposition, fail to do it, and imo you deserve every little piece of criticism that comes your way. I just wish they didn't seem to enjoy it all so much.

Why? If it was The Dons, I would be laughing my tits off. Why wouldn't Gordon et Al do the same for hibs?

As has been said before, we are a big club, its a big story.

emerald green
26-05-2014, 06:30 PM

This is what saddens and angers me the most. Our once proud club has been reduced to a laughing stock. Those responsible should hang their heads in shame. You know who you are.

lapsedhibee
26-05-2014, 06:32 PM

Accidentally channel-hopped on to Sportsound on the way home and Richard Gordon, who I once thought was a very decent broadcaster, sounded as if he might have been coming in the studio.

Smartie
26-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Why? If it was The Dons, I would be laughing my tits off. Why wouldn't Gordon et Al do the same for hibs?

As has been said before, we are a big club, its a big story.

Fair enough and as a fan I'd have had a quiet chuckle myself.

But we're not employed to host a license-fee funded broadcast. A bit of decorum, impartiality and tact used to be important in that line of work - not any more it seems.

hibee19
26-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Don't get the sportsound hate really. I've rarely heard anyone on it say anything that most hibs fans haven't said themselves.

Hibs Class
26-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Don't get the sportsound hate really. I've rarely heard anyone on it say anything that most hibs fans haven't said themselves.

I don't hate it, just choose to ignore it as they're not very funny, their debates amongst themselves lack intellect and their inability to practise neutrality is wearisome.

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 07:16 PM
They are slagging Hibs in Ambridge too.

Naw, you're thinking of Tom's organic sausages.

erskine-hibby
26-05-2014, 07:20 PM

It was on...only lasted long enough to say "I told you so".

G15 Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:24 PM

Blatant anti-sausage bias. Sickening.

ehf
26-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Apparently wee Lewis is partial to them...

DH1875
26-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Does it not stop now that the season has finished?

Emerald
26-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Richard Gordon hates Hibs and all his sly and not so sly comments grind on me. But what comes around goes around, karma :greengrin I think they call it. Well Richard or Dick as I like to call you, you have a whole bunch of it coming your way, I can't wait.

southsider
26-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Just before the 6pm news on Radio Scotland i had to suffer plastic toothed Mulligan crying crocodile tears that there are now no capital teams in the top flight of scottish football. He came across exactly what he is " a self obsessed Hear7s prick.

Carheenlea
27-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I plucked up the courage this afternoon to listen to the Sportsound podcast from Sunday`s calamity, and while it made for some uncomfortable listening, I don`t get the outrage directed at the show and it`s presenters that many on here proclaim.
While Hamilton got the plaudits they deserved, our plight was given plenty air-time, along with some good interviews with fans who had gathered at West Stand entrance. Certainly didn`t hear anyone taking pleasure at our situation and being mocked and ridiculed as has been claimed on earlier threads :confused:

For anyone who has the stomach for it, podcast available to listen here.... http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/scotfoot/scotfoot_20140525-1902a.mp3

Ringothedog
27-05-2014, 07:05 PM

There's the difference though, as a Hibs fan I can,will and do berate the team if the performance is crap but if anyone who not a Hibs fan slags my team I get effing annoyed.

silverhibee
27-05-2014, 07:16 PM
I plucked up the courage this afternoon to listen to the Sportsound podcast from Sunday`s calamity, and while it made for some uncomfortable listening, I don`t get the outrage directed at the show and it`s presenters that many on here proclaim.
While Hamilton got the plaudits they deserved, our plight was given plenty air-time, along with some good interviews with fans who had gathered at West Stand entrance. Certainly didn`t hear anyone taking pleasure at our situation and being mocked and ridiculed as has been claimed on earlier threads :confused:

For anyone who has the stomach for it, podcast available to listen here.... http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/scotfoot/scotfoot_20140525-1902a.mp3

Listening to it now, Tom English bang on the money about Hibs as usual.