PDA

View Full Version : Sean Murdoch on talksport......

micka_weer
26-05-2014, 05:15 PM
.......saying he and 13 other been released this morning

carnoustiehibee
26-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Said mcpake has been fit and hinted butchers tactics didn't suit the players

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Anyone got a link of Sean talking?

Hibs7
26-05-2014, 05:27 PM
More and more dropped hints that Butcher is more to blame than the players ... That is worrying !!!

Gatecrasher
26-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Any mention of the players embarrassing themselves and the club on several occasions over the last season or so? Thought not its always easy to blame someone else.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Poor wee players, tried so hard all season until butcher he bully ruined them...

marinello59
26-05-2014, 05:30 PM
More and more dropped hints that Butcher is more to blame than the players ... That is worrying !!!

Or more confirmation that the players are to blame. Depends how you spin it. The ICT players seemed to like his tactics alright but then again they did as they were told and got the job done more often than not. Blame on both sides probably.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 05:33 PM
It does make you feel that yesterday was a parting message from the players who have been told to bolt by Terry Butcher.

Enjoy the Championship if you're still around.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Poor wee players, tried so hard all season until butcher he bully ruined them...

They should all be tried.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 05:35 PM
It does make you feel that yesterday was a parting message from the players who have been told to bolt by Terry Butcher.

If your manager was stupid enough to tell you that you're getting outed after the day is done. Would you try a finger for the remainder of the day?

One Day Soon
26-05-2014, 05:35 PM

There were several occasions during yesterday's game when I couldn't shake the feeling that one or two of them were deliberately screwing up. Probably just paranoia on my part, but it tells you just how godawful badly they were playing that they could even get into the territory having it misconstrued.

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 05:36 PM

Hints dropped by players that are not wanted that players are less to blame. What a surprise.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 05:37 PM
If your manager was stupid enough to tell you that you're getting outted after the day is done. Would you try a finger for the remainder of the day?

I think I would. I have pride. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 05:39 PM
If your manager was stupid enough to tell you that you're getting outed after the day is done. Would you try a finger for the remainder of the day?

Yes.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I think I would. I have pride. :agree:

You would be in a minority then i'm afraid. Most people wouldn't bust their own balls for a complete roaster.

Beefster
26-05-2014, 05:40 PM

If I wanted to uphold my belief that I have some integrity, I would.

Gatecrasher
26-05-2014, 05:43 PM
There were several occasions during yesterday's game when I couldn't shake the feeling that one or two of them were deliberately screwing up. Probably just paranoia on my part, but it tells you just how godawful badly they were playing that they could even get into the territory having it misconstrued.
It's their careers they are ****ing up, being relegated from the SPL doesn't exactly look good on a cv does it? They only have a short time go play football and hibs will be around longer than their names will ever be remembered.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 05:44 PM
You would be in a minority then i'm afraid. Most people wouldn't bust their own balls for a complete roaster.

Minority eh? Might have to have a poll.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 05:45 PM
If I wanted to uphold my belief that I have some integrity, I would.

I'd rather have my self respect, than be treated like complete dirt.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 05:45 PM
To be fair to Sean Murdoch he is a decent guy and a Hibs supporter. I'd find it nearly impossible to believe he wouldn't try his best for the club regardless. He will genuinely be hurting as much as us. He was also very good in the one game he played this season.

He's also done his bit helping fans with a few things away from the playing side.

I'm not saying he is right in what he said, I didn't hear it, but I don't believe for a second he is stirring for the sake of it.

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Similar to Thomsons statement.

All the good times? Aye, that was down to the players.

All the bad times? Nah, that was down to the management.

Kaiser1962
26-05-2014, 05:49 PM

Footballers are regularly told whether or not they figure in a managers plans before the season ends, it allows their agent to try to fix them up before the cull.

If not and their contract is about to expire and they have not been offered a new one surely they will be able to work it out for themselves.

matty_f
26-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Yes.

Same here, especially if potential employers were watching me.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Yes I would make a point of it and leave with my head held high every time.

J-C
26-05-2014, 06:02 PM
TBH Murdoch didn't really have a say in the playing part as he warmed the bench a lot, so he doesn't have a gripe against Butcher and saying the ICT guys had no problems with butcher.......well the difference being is those players were bought to play in a certain style, unlike the Hibs players who were brought in to play another way.

Scottie
26-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Said the fans need to "look at the bigger picture" ref the training facilities and the stadium and that RP had done a good job :confused:

delbert
26-05-2014, 06:19 PM
.......saying he and 13 other been released this morning

At least this will give Sean time to concentrate on his refereeing career, doing well, he is a Cat 3

gillythehibby
26-05-2014, 06:21 PM
It doesny take a Rocket scientist to see those players didn't suit Butcher's style of play(which is *** rank btw) A lot of the blame has to be down to Butcher and Malpas and their lack of knowledge or refusal to adapt a style of play which suited the resources on offer. Butcher has been found out for me. But you get what you pay for they say so here we are. I personally didn't want Butcher in and I won't shed any if he goes. Infact, I think he should be gone !

macd123
26-05-2014, 06:41 PM

What can the players do when they have been told the game plan is to play long balls up to heffernan, cummings and harris? The three smallest target men in the history of the game. Should they say it's not working? Didn't do kt any good.

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 06:47 PM
All this players moaning is showing us why butcher is getting rid, you never heard anything out of the caley players

Kato
26-05-2014, 06:48 PM

I'd try, if I wasn't trying for the roaster I'd be trying for the fans and my team mates - that's respect and self-respect rolled into one.

With an attitude like yours I'm glad I'm not in your team.

RedHibby
26-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Perhaps there are faults on both sides but those players need to man up. It was not a case of them not trying it was a case of they were not good enough, end of.

chrisski33
26-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Funny how some of the players are saying its not just the players fault. Its the kinda excuse my 12yr old comes out with

Borderhibbie76
26-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Like they r gonna come out and say "its coz we were all lazy, gutless, wage thieving b######s" or snything to that effect???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

woodyloon
26-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Think there is a lot if truth that Butchers tactics didn't work with the squad he had.
My only concern is if that's the case and the majority of squad felt this way then why didn't they revert back to tactics during a match that they felt comfortable with.
Deal with the fallout after the game, not just keep doing something that they say that's not working, most of the players have been around long enough to know how to win matches.

greenlex
26-05-2014, 08:01 PM
You would be in a minority then i'm afraid. Most people wouldn't bust their own balls for a complete roaster.What about busting your balls for your professional pride. What about busting your balls for a deal elsewhere? Your post says a lot about you IMO.

yekimevol
26-05-2014, 08:05 PM
It doesny take a Rocket scientist to see those players didn't suit Butcher's style of play(which is *** rank btw) A lot of the blame has to be down to Butcher and Malpas and their lack of knowledge or refusal to adapt a style of play which suited the resources on offer. Butcher has been found out for me. But you get what you pay for they say so here we are. I personally didn't want Butcher in and I won't shed any if he goes. Infact, I think he should be gone !

:top marks

gringojoe
26-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I'd rather have my self respect, than be treated like complete dirt.

I'd rather go out and make the manager eat his words

BSEJVT
26-05-2014, 08:11 PM
I don't for a moment believe that they didn't try, not even one of them.

Not trying once is the start of a slippery slope and like it or not most of the guys we are punting and talking about have been relatively successful on an individual basis at previous clubs or they wouldn't have got to ER.

Chucking it isn't in the mind of most amateur sportsmen let alone professionals

But anyone who has played any sport at any level knows that there is a massive difference in how you perform when you are confident and capable of the task being asked of you against when you are not.

My view is that they are bang average players who couldn't adapt to the tactics set by our management team and their motivational ways and when it started to go wrong couldn't turn it around and sunk deeper and deeper into a cycle of poorer results, poorer play and an increasing loss of confidence.

Our dream team had burnt their bridges with them, spectacularly miscalculating the situation and we ended up where we are.

Jack Nicklaus once said it takes hundreds of shots to build up confidence and one to lose it.

Any golfer out there will recognise that sentiment.

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 11:15 PM
People are greeting because mcpake was fit, what if butcher just never rated him? The same way the majority of hibs fan never rated him since about December, maybe even before that last year! Just because he helped us out for half a season doesn't mean he should walk into the team, especially since he hadn't played for the first team since about October

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I don't for a minute believe that butcher told McGivern and Nelson to just hoof the ball up to Cummings every chance they got. The players are as much to blame as the manager, there's not a chance that the tactics butcher laid out were to just punt the ball out of defence while panicking because the thing is even near you.

PatHead
26-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I don't for a moment believe that they didn't try, not even one of them.

Not trying once is the start of a slippery slope and like it or not most of the guys we are punting and talking about have been relatively successful on an individual basis at previous clubs or they wouldn't have got to ER.

Chucking it isn't in the mind of most amateur sportsmen let alone professionals

But anyone who has played any sport at any level knows that there is a massive difference in how you perform when you are confident and capable of the task being asked of you against when you are not.

My view is that they are bang average players who couldn't adapt to the tactics set by our management team and their motivational ways and when it started to go wrong couldn't turn it around and sunk deeper and deeper into a cycle of poorer results, poorer play and an increasing loss of confidence.

Our dream team had burnt their bridges with them, spectacularly miscalculating the situation and we ended up where we are.

Jack Nicklaus once said it takes hundreds of shots to build up confidence and one to lose it.

Any golfer out there will recognise that sentiment.

Disagree entirely These players were nothing more than wage thieves. We all wanted them out, they have as much pride as Petrie.

Emerald
26-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't for a minute believe that butcher told McGivern and Nelson to just hoof the ball up to Cummings every chance they got. The players are as much to blame as the manager, there's not a chance that the tactics butcher laid out were to just punt the ball out of defence while panicking because the thing is even near you.

Agree, some of the hot tattie defending was just a joke, not looking and booting it anywhere, the players bottles went. But some will say thats the fans fault for putting pressure on them :bitchy:

Shields Hibee
26-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Butcher tried to get those players to play he wanted them to, either they didn't have the ability to do so or didn't want to because of the way TB & MM approached the situation.

TB should've learnt early on that his way wasn't working & looked to doing what suited the squad at his disposal. He didn't & performances / results gradually told as once confidence is drained, the spiral sets in and for us has meant relegation.

Those players should have played for the supporters who've turned up week after week yet been let down every time. Let's see where some of these whimpers end up, some aren't even cut out for the junior leagues!

steakbake
27-05-2014, 12:19 AM
All this players moaning is showing us why butcher is getting rid, you never heard anything out of the caley players

Indeed. Many were gutted that he left.

I don't follow the logic that players being told their futures were on the line somehow means they'd switch off. If they had anything about them, they'd man up and dig in.

Also, they found it hard to adapt to new tactics? What do they think butcher was telling them to play, rugby? Football with all its intricacies is just football. Basic - run, kick, pass, tackle, shoot, cross whatever. Shouldn't pros be able to play the football of most tactics or is it getting that specific these days that players only click when the tactics suit them? They must have a very specific style and narrow range of skills.

FitbaFolkKen
27-05-2014, 01:04 AM

When he came in he stated his style of football was something along the lines of back to front quickly, into channels and over the head of defenders to put them on the back foot. I think they were told to hit it long but just have a poor range of passing.

1950's hibbie
27-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Its funny for all the managers we have had recently from Collins on, the post game comments on here are constantly cowards, no pride, lack of effort, etc. How come all the managers instil the same attitude in the players, you would think at least one of them would have been different to all the others but not for us it seems. Some like Butcher have been accused of being too tough, there had to be at least one who was too soft, but we still had the same attitude and lack of desire and spirit in most of our teams, there must be an answer.

EdinMike
27-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Sean's heart broken, like all of us. He's just been axed from his dream job..

BSEJVT
27-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Disagree entirely These players were nothing more than wage thieves. We all wanted them out, they have as much pride as Petrie.

You are perfectly entitled to disagree, but wage thieves is just a easy out.

Does everyone just arrive at Hibs and stop trying, is it written into their contracts?

Serious sports people don't spend a lifetime striving to improve every day, giving up all they have to do to get to that level to suddenly think ah sod it, I cannas be arsed anymore.

Even if one or two did, which I don't accept, for 20 odd this season and the hundreds of others in the past few years we have levelled such accusations at to do it, just beggars belief.

How would you explain some of these players subsequent success (relative) elsewhere?

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 06:15 AM

So after every match where they hoofed he got them into East Mains, bollocked them for not playing his favoured passing game from the back, drilled them again all week in his total football philosophy, then next Saturday they went and disobeyed his instructions again? And this cycle just went on repeating itself game after game for half a season?

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Similar to Thomsons statement.

All the good times? Aye, that was down to the players.

All the bad times? Nah, that was down to the management.

Now you are just making things up! :rolleyes:

Examples please? :agree:

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 07:40 AM

So how does the manager, who has been "coaching" and "working with" these players for months not have any influence over that horrible aspect of our play over the past few months then please? :confused:

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Sorry to disagree but to me it is a clear Butcher instruction.

Prior to hi arrival this was not a regular tactic

Now it seems to be the only tactic that we have ..... And don't have

The players capable of making that type of pass

And

The type of player who can receive such a pass

jeffers
27-05-2014, 07:50 AM
So how does the manager, who has been "caoching" and "working with" these players for months not have any influence over that horrible aspect of our play over the past few months then please? :confused:

'cos he's a clown and should be nowhere near our club. Taking off a striker with 10 minutes to go on Sunday, replacing him with a holding midfielder, inviting pressure then when you concede the inevitable equaliser are left holding on for penalties. That sums him up for me. As Jodjam posted earlier he was tactically outwitted by a rookie manager. Just F off Butcher.

Crossgates Hibs
27-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Said the fans need to "look at the bigger picture" ref the training facilities and the stadium and that RP had done a good job :confused:

im in the minority here but I agree. The manager is in charge of the playing side and is to blame. It's not money why we are awful just look at St Johnstone for that. Unless somebody had proof that RP has interfered in the playing side and restricted a manager from doing his job then in my eyes its the manager and his players. I was shocked when PF was saying he doesn't have imput into the under 20s he should have changed that to suit him. For a club that spends more than most we are a disgrace but Petrie to me isn't responsible other than maybe selling our talent too early.

J-C
27-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Gordon Strachan said recently that he made a mistake at Middlesbrough by trying to make the players there play to his style without taking into consideration the way they played already. What happened is history but Strachan learnt from this and now picks players for Scotland that suit his style of football.
What we had was a slow passing team, 2-3 decent youngsters and sitting fairly comfortably mid table. Then add to this his motivational skills in January when he tells half of the squad they're no good and will be away by the summer, a recipe for disaster.

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 08:26 AM
So how does the manager, who has been "coaching" and "working with" these players for months not have any influence over that horrible aspect of our play over the past few months then please? :confused:

I don't know I'm not the manager but he said on multiple occasions that they worked well in training all week on certain things and when the players hit the pitch that work just vanished, prime example being the away defeat to St Mirren.

J-C
27-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Then why the **** did he continue to play all those huddies when he new they were *****, Nelson/McGivern/Craig etc

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't know I'm not the manager but he said on multiple occasions that they worked well in training all week on certain things and when the players hit the pitch that work just vanished, prime example being the away defeat to St Mirren.

There's a great "rule" in project (and people) management and that is "learn from your lessons"! :agree:

Common sense really eh? :agree:

So, taking the point you make, why didn't Butcher do something about that the second time that what you put forward, almost as justification for him failking to manage his players and his team effectively, happened?? :confused:

Beyond the second time, and still not fixing the problem, amounts to incompetence or negligence or both IMO! :agree:

allyhibee
27-05-2014, 08:59 AM
There's a great "rule" in project (and people) management and that is "learn from your lessons"! :agree:

So, taking the point you make, why didn't Butcher do something about that the second time that what you put forward, almost as justification for him failking to manage his players and his team effectively, happened?? :confused:

Beyond the second time, and still not fixing the problem, amounts to incompetence or negligence or both IMO! :agree:

More or less how I feel. It is scary we are sticking with a manager who watched the same scenario play out week after week but never seemed to have a plan b. If something isnt working surely you look at changing the shape of the team(presuming he didnt fancy any of the other players)? Things weren't working on a pretty dramatic scale and we just seemed to persevere with this atrocious brand of football.

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:10 AM

I am not defending Butcher though, he made huge massive errors and contributed to our downfall. I was merely making the point that his tactics on match days would not involve merely punting the ball from each centre half to somewhere in their half to a striker that's almost a foot smaller than the centre halfs he is playing against.

What do you suggest a manager does when the players he has inherited can't follow simple instructions? He chucked it by trying to motivate them all with the promise of leaving hibs, turns out they were all happy to leave hibs so that back fired and then he had a team of players unable to follow instructions and most of them not even caring either way.

Weir7
27-05-2014, 09:21 AM

Rubbish. First training session they were told whack it long. First gsme at st mirren that's what they did and continued to fo

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Then why the **** did he continue to play all those huddies when he new they were *****, Nelson/McGivern/Craig etcWhat choice did he have?

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:28 AM

Well he obviously never developed a contingency for that problem or understood how to solve that problem and for that he is culpable as "manager".

BTW If there is one place disgruntled players are going to "down tools", it is in training where performance matters less and no else is watching.

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Rubbish. First training session they were told whack it long. First gsme at st mirren that's what they did and continued to fo

Proof?

I'll hold my hands up if you can prove that for 7 months the players were told to simply hoof the ball up to cummings/collins and avoid the midfield.

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:31 AM

Some will inevitably say "Why didn't they just ignore butcher play their own game?" Maybe that's how it works in Roy of the Rovers or if you're Maradona but if you're a mediocre employee in a workplace you do what you're told or you get the boot. That's not how it should be but that is how it commonly is.

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Proof?

I'll hold my hands up if you can prove that for 7 months the players were told to simply hoof the ball up to cummings/collins and avoid the midfield.

The proof is the fact that they played hoofball for half a season and that butcher did nothing to stop it before or during games and made no mention of the players' undermining of his total football philosophy.

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:33 AM
The proof is the fact that they played hoofball for half a season and that butcher did nothing to stop it before or during games and made no mention of the players' undermining of his total football philosophy.

What's he going to do to stop it? go on the park himself?

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:34 AM
What's he going to do to stop it? go on the park himself?

Never seen managers give instructions to pass the ball, keep it on the deck??

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Some will inevitably say "Why didn't they just ignore butcher play their own game?" Maybe that's how it works in Roy of the Rovers or if you're Maradona but if you're a mediocre employee in a workplace you do what you're told or you get the boot. That's not how it should be but that is how it commonly is.

So butcher as one man should have changed things, but the poor we players all 11+ of them can't muster an accurate pass out of defence?

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Never seen managers give instructions to pass the ball, keep it on the deck??

hahaha, yeah OK butcher never wanted the players to pass the ball only blast it out of defence, right you are.

Are you Ryan McGivern?

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:56 AM
So butcher as one man should have changed things, but the poor we players all 11+ of them can't muster an accurate pass out of defence?

The further away the target is, the harder it is to be accurate.

SlickShoes
27-05-2014, 09:57 AM
The further away the target is, the harder it is to be accurate.

Have you seen how deep our midfield sit? the target is right infront of you Ryan.

(((Fergus)))
27-05-2014, 09:59 AM
hahaha, yeah OK butcher never wanted the players to pass the ball only blast it out of defence, right you are.

Are you Ryan McGivern?

Judging by performances and everything butcher never said about his preferred passing game, I agree with you, Mrs butcher.

J-C
27-05-2014, 10:05 AM
What choice did he have?

Forster, Donaldson, Black etc anything had to be better than that crap, he even attempted to turn Craig into a holding midfielder ffs

18Craig75
27-05-2014, 10:19 AM
We weren't exactly playing the ball on the deck and passing teams of the park before Butcher arrived were we. A couple passes between the centre halves then a hoof to no one.

Nelson and McGivern are just s**t bags that punt it long to avoid any responsibility.

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 04:38 PM
I am not defending Butcher though, he made huge massive errors and contributed to our downfall. I was merely making the point that his tactics on match days would not involve merely punting the ball from each centre half to somewhere in their half to a striker that's almost a foot smaller than the centre halfs he is playing against.

What do you suggest a manager does when the players he has inherited can't follow simple instructions? He chucked it by trying to motivate them all with the promise of leaving hibs, turns out they were all happy to leave hibs so that back fired and then he had a team of players unable to follow instructions and most of them not even caring either way.

He was employed to do a job, which would have included as a minimum, "keep Hibs in the SPFL in 2013/14 and beyond", and he knew what players he would be working with, subject only to injuries to some of those players and he would have an idea of budget for new players he could identify and bring in during the January transfer window!! :agree:

He should also have known or, if not, quickly acquainted himself with the capabilities and experience of all of the non first team squad players just in case any of them were ready, or could be coached etc to be ready to go into and play from that squad on first team match days! :agree:

In short, there should have been nothing that could have made him able to meet his targets that he didn't do and he should have started that process the very first day that he arrived at Hibs! :agree:

As a "much lauded" man manager & motivator, it should have been well within his capabilities to coach, mentor, train and encourage players to fit into his model of how the job tasks he had been set could be achieved! :agree:

The fact is, he didn't achieve those and we are now relegated for 2014/15 and possibly beyond as a result. :rolleyes:

Go figure, it's not rocket science! :wink:

Onion
27-05-2014, 04:50 PM
He was employed to do a job, which would have included as a minimum, "keep Hibs in the SPFL in 2013/14 and beyond", and he knew what players he would be working with, subject only to injuries to some of those players and he would have an idea of budget for new players he could identify and bring in during the January transfer window!! :agree:

He should also have known or, if not, quickly acquainted himself with the capabilities and experience of all of the non first team squad players just in case any of them were ready, or could be coached etc to be ready to go into and play from that squad on first team match days! :agree:

In short, there should have been nothing that could have made him able to meet his targets that he didn't do and he should have started that process the very first day that he arrived at Hibs! :agree:

As a "much lauded" man manager & motivator, it should have been well within his capabilities to coach, mentor, train and encourage players to fit into his model of how the job tasks he had been set could be achieved! :agree:

The fact is, he didn't achieve those and we are now relegated for 2014/15 and possibly beyond as a result. :rolleyes:

Go figure, it's not rocket science! :wink:

Good summary :agree: Butcher has no defence, no stats of comfort he can draw on, no fingers to point. Relegation was the LAST thing in anyone's mind when he was given the job. In his private thoughts, he will know full well he's made a royal **** up of the whole situation. A mess from top to bottom. He and Petrie now have more in common than they thought.

Casey1875
27-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Sean's heart broken, like all of us. He's just been axed from his dream job..

It was never going to end well when Kieran taught him everything he knows, well according to Kieran.

Jim44
27-05-2014, 10:20 PM

To be fair to Sean Murdoch he is a decent guy and a Hibs supporter. I'd find it nearly impossible to believe he wouldn't try his best for the club regardless. He will genuinely be hurting as much as us. He was also very good in the one game he played this season.

He's also done his bit helping fans with a few things away from the playing side.

I'm not saying he is right in what he said, I didn't hear it, but I don't believe for a second he is stirring for the sake of it.

Around the time when things started to go sour there was talk, and I heard from a reliable sources close to a player, that the players didn't like Butcher's and Malpas's methods, treatment and attitude. Some players were quite vocal about this, Thomson and Heffernan to name two. These two, with others, became personna non grata, despite having the support of most of the squad, and they and others dropped out of Butcher's reckoning, injury often being cited for 'unavailability'. Yes, a lot of punters have said that Thomson has the reputation of being a troublemaker, maybe he is, but sometimes, when you feel strongly about something, you have to speak up. Of-course, you could say that that's mutiny in the ranks and out of order and he who is in charge must be obeyed. Well, Butcher got his way for a depressing spell, backtracked to play them in the last few battles when desperate, but too late in the day and and look where it has led us.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Around the time when things started to go sour there was talk, and I heard from a reliable sources close to a player, that the players didn't like Butcher's and Malpas's methods, treatment and attitude. Some players were quite vocal about this, Thomson and Heffernan to name two. These two, with others, became personna non grata, despite having the support of most of the squad, and they and others dropped out of Butcher's reckoning, injury often being sighted for 'unavailability'. Yes, a lot of punters have said that Thomson has the reputation of being a troublemaker, maybe he is, but sometimes, when you feel strongly about something, you have to speak up. Of-course, you could say that that's mutiny in the ranks and out of order and he who is in charge must be obeyed. Well, Butcher got his way for a depressing spell, backtracked to play them in the last few battles when desperate, but too late in the day and and look where it has led us.

:agree:

A fair summing up of Butcher's shambolic reign.

O'Rourke3
27-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Around the time when things started to go sour there was talk, and I heard from a reliable sources close to a player, that the players didn't like Butcher's and Malpas's methods, treatment and attitude. Some players were quite vocal about this, Thomson and Heffernan to name two. These two, with others, became personna non grata, despite having the support of most of the squad, and they and others dropped out of Butcher's reckoning, injury often being sighted for 'unavailability'. Yes, a lot of punters have said that Thomson has the reputation of being a troublemaker, maybe he is, but sometimes, when you feel strongly about something, you have to speak up. Of-course, you could say that that's mutiny in the ranks and out of order and he who is in charge must be obeyed. Well, Butcher got his way for a depressing spell, backtracked to play them in the last few battles when desperate, but too late in the day and and look where it has led us.
Can't work out whether this supports KTs integrity or is another example of player power being everything that's wrong at the core team of the club. Under JC we blamed the players this time the manager. Can we make our minds up?

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

Captain Trips
27-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Whatever he told them wether it was punt it, pass it etc etc it ended in relegation. I don't want him telling any players at this club anything again.