PDA

View Full Version : How Do We Move Forward As One.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Looking over .net one things clear, it's pretty divided. Most look to want TB and the board out. But others want to give him a chance. I was one of them until a few weeks ago.

What I'm asking though is how to we all move as one together and help get our club back to where it belongs?

jimmyboco1875
26-05-2014, 04:34 PM
I wanted to give him a chance until his crazy decisions yesterday

Onion
26-05-2014, 04:44 PM
IMO this goes well beyond the sacking of a manager or removal of a Chairman. This is about setting standards. What the club is prepared to tolerate. What constitutes failure. What is success. There is no question in my mind that Butcher and his team have failed - spectacularly. This is now about the message the club wants to send to everyone and anyone who wants to be associated with it going forward.

We need leadership and good leaders. Petrie and Butcher have failed the club and should be removed. Clean slate and new standards set. As someone else said the club needs a hard reset!

Pete
26-05-2014, 04:48 PM
There has to be a clear, transparent timescale given out regarding his removal from the club.

None of this cloak and dagger statement stuff where all he says is that he's going to do the right thing by the club. What the malpas does that mean?

Jones28
26-05-2014, 04:55 PM
It's time for the board to man up and take reposnsobilty. Lead this club out of the mess we are in by splashing some cash and show some ****ing ambition!

borstalboy
26-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I think what we need is a genuine statement from Leeann when she joins detailing exactly what her aims are for Hibs. Whether thats a 2,3,4 or 5 year plan etc (I think you get what I mean). None of this wishy washy "we wan't to get back up as soon as possible" speak.

I'd personally want to see a statement of intent, for instance we are fully focusing on our youth development and our brand of football to be played in a certain way from the first team to the under 13s.

For example a Swansea type situation. So no matter who the manager is in the future, they fit what we want as a club. I'm not saying this is the right or wrong route but hopefully you get what I mean from my post.

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 04:57 PM
It's time for the board to man up and take reposnsobilty. Lead this club out of the mess we are in by splashing some cash and show some ****ing ambition!

Well said.

1987kev
26-05-2014, 05:01 PM
There's only thing that can happen we need to buy your selfs out this league pure and simply right now rangers and hearts are front of us. Wage structure no more want a good player pay the wages

Waxy
26-05-2014, 05:08 PM
IMO this goes well beyond the sacking of a manager or removal of a Chairman. This is about setting standards. What the club is prepared to tolerate. What constitutes failure. What is success. There is no question in my mind that Butcher and his team have failed - spectacularly. This is now about the message the club wants to send to everyone and anyone who wants to be associated with it going forward.

We need leadership and good leaders. Petrie and Butcher have failed the club and should be removed. Clean slate and new standards set. As someone else said the club needs a hard reset!Spot on.If its ok to get relegated then they'll think they don't need to get promoted.the management team should go for this.Butcher had done so well and had ICT sitting second so it looked a great signing getting the whole management team.It's turned out the worst thing we could have done but could have been foreseen by no one.

BH Hibs
26-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't want anymore of this stand up and be counted or we're in this together ***** coming from Petrie. The fans have backed the team it's up to the twats in charge to back the fans.

Green_one
26-05-2014, 05:10 PM
We cannot go forward with Petrie at the helm. The man has led us into this situation and only offers us apologies. His lack of any vision, footballing priorities or even attunement with customer thinking are all nil. The very personality of the man prevents a change. If anyone believes different then they are basically gambling once more on a situation that has almost always produces negative football outcomes.

Butcher - well here we go again. No-one wants to swap another manger but how do we ignore the catatrophic failure of Hibs footballing side since he took over? We are left with keeping him and probably ending up again in this place next year (or before) or a simple clear out.

So the way forward for me:

Realistic and transparent vision, prioritising FOOTBALLING OUTCOMES that we can all buy into. Starting with a clear out of those who have led us to where we are today.

Stax
26-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Looking over .net one things clear, it's pretty divided. Most look to want TB and the board out. But others want to give him a chance. I was one of them until a few weeks ago.

What I'm asking though is how to we all move as one together and help get our club back to where it belongs?
I honestly don't know anymore. I've been swinging between apoplectic with rage, pissed off to not giving a flying one..I don't even know where I stand myself now regarding Butcher. I've said on other threads I thought he'd do a job when he first came in but I just can't argue a case for him now. We need to break the cycle of sacking managers but I just can't convince myself he's the man to take us forward. What are the options...I honestly don't know at the moment. What I do know is no matter how disillusioned I am and who is in charge. I'll be back at the start of the season, I suspect most of us will. Petrie knows this and maybe that's part of the problem?

Benny Brazil
26-05-2014, 05:13 PM
We need complete change from top to bottom. Start with the imposters in the boardroom then sweep right through the club.
I would like to see us (cant believe I am saying this) go down the route Hertz have - DOF - First team coach - group of coaches - all singing from the same sheet - this is how we play regardless what age group - the DOF is ultimately responsible for player ins and outs results etc the buck stops with him - First team coach works in coaching the first team, work on tactics agreed with the DOF, style of play etc.

Hertz have the structure right - just the wrong people in these roles fortunately.

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 05:19 PM
The managers have to go as well as the players. Too many are pished at them.

A new Chairman would be nice, but so would a midge free Isle of Skye.

Northernhibee
26-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Be successful on the pitch.

If that happens then there'll be unity.

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 05:23 PM

First step. The removal of Rod Petrie from our club.

The longer he stays the worse it will get, he is now only using Hibs to keep his place at the SFA, time for him to go now, not next month or next year but now, today's cull was needed but it took the talk away and blame from Petrie, if it means putting pressure on STF to get him removed then so be it.

Protests at Farmers Auto Care would be a start.

Has someone told STF that his club has been relegated yet.

Diclonius
26-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Whatever our (justified) reservations, those of us who remain at the start of next season will have to back the management and boardroom teams in place. Otherwise, we will definitely go nowhere.

Whoever isn't here, I really can't blame you.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Sack Petrie, Sack Butcher, Clean start.

The people that dont like petrie and butcher will be happy, we hire someone new, the people that
like butcher and petrie will still be happy because they havent got a clue

:greengrin

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 06:37 PM
We'll no move forward together or otherwise so long has petrie remains, he is the one who has dragged us down tae this level and that is where we will stay if we're lucky while he remains.