PDA

View Full Version : Angry

Vai
26-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I've been a member on here for years but this is my first post - and you can all imagine why.

Walking home from Easter Road yesterday I was fairly non-plussed about what I'd just witnessed - lets be fair, this outcome had been on the cards for years... so it came as no surprise.

However, what's made me angry was seeing a Dad consolling his young son walking down Easter Road. This young lad was in floods of tears. His dad was telling him that in a couple of years time the likes of Stanton and Cummings will be great players and we'll all be back to our best. No matter - the young lad was still sobbing his heart out. I remember being that age (over 30 years ago) and the thought of the stick I'd get at school the following day would have made me ill too.

Feel free to share this across all the forums. The players, management and (particularly) the board of directors need to know what this feels like and what it means to the fans.

After the embarrassments of 2 cup finals (where we were soundly beaten) , the Malmo debacle and the sheer lack of competitiveness this season - those at the helm - who have steered this ship to this outcome - should hang their heads in shame....

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 04:18 PM
I genuinely think the debacles over the last 4 - 5 years means many possible fans of the future will have lost interest and walked away to be lost for ever.

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I've been a member on here for years but this is my first post - and you can all imagine why.

Walking home from Easter Road yesterday I was fairly non-plussed about what I'd just witnessed - lets be fair, this outcome had been on the cards for years... so it came as no surprise.

However, what's made me angry was seeing a Dad consolling his young son walking down Easter Road. This young lad was in floods of tears. His dad was telling him that in a couple of years time the likes of Stanton and Cummings will be great players and we'll all be back to our best. No matter - the young lad was still sobbing his heart out. I remember being that age (over 30 years ago) and the thought of the stick I'd get at school the following day would have made me ill too.

Feel free to share this across all the forums. The players, management and (particularly) the board of directors need to know what this feels like and what it means to the fans.

After the embarrassments of 2 cup finals (where we were soundly beaten) , the Malmo debacle and the sheer lack of competitiveness this season - those at the helm - who have steered this ship to this outcome - should hang their heads in shame....

Welcome Vai. A good first post and one which we all can relate to.

Yesterday's debacle was far far worse than THAT cup final and the ramifications of the result could linger on for a few years.

:boo hoo:

southsider
26-05-2014, 04:20 PM
[QUOT=Vai;4031016]I've been a member on here for years but this is my first post - and you can all imagine why.

After the embarrassments of 2 cup finals (where we were soundly beaten) , the Malmo debacle and the sheer lack of competitiveness this season - those at the helm - who have steered this ship to this outcome - should hang their heads in shame....[/QUOTE]

snooky
26-05-2014, 04:23 PM

After the 4-0 Scottish cup semi drubbing from the jams I looked up at the final whistle and saw the tache with a big smile on his face. Outside Hampden I saw a similar sight to you of a dad consoling his tearful young son.
The gulf between the two images has never left me
I lost all respect for RP that day.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I genuinely think the debacles over the last 4 - 5 years means many possible fans of the future will have lost interest and walked away to be lost for ever.

This.

Something I've worried about, and commented on, for a long time.

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 04:26 PM

:agree:

4 of us were discussing exactly the same point in the journey home last night.

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 04:39 PM

I remember as a young boy watching Hibs get tanked 6.1 at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final. You are gutted but you still support Hibs and you feel extremely grateful not to be a jambo. Good times return albeit not rapidly.

Diclonius
26-05-2014, 05:26 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the emotional low of Petrie's footballing season was when Aberdeen were knocked out of the Scottish Cup.

He doesn't give a **** about how the fans feel.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I remember as a young boy watching Hibs get tanked 6.1 at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final. You are gutted but you still support Hibs and you feel extremely grateful not to be a jambo. Good times return albeit not rapidly.

:aok:

I've seen darker days in my life let alone football and Hibs :agree: Hibs are coursing through my veins, part of my genetic make up, they will never ever leave me. This relegation doesn't hurt me as badly as others as I've been here before - there were a fair few good games and memories even after the last ones. I have a mate who died unexpectedly last week and he's left behind a wife and a young child. That my friends puts everything these days into perspective and ensures that whilst I moan and get angsty about the club I love, it's not the end of the world. Club is still there, fans are still there, stadium is still looking magic - we play in green and white and ever since my first game I've been hooked. They get under your skin do Hibs.

This marvellous football club, and it's fans, have taken me to anger, pain, hurt, joy, happiness, ecstasy and pride......sometimes in one 90 minute game :greengrin

That's what I joked with my son about yesterday - he's not going anymore as the football is boring. But he turned and said to me 'Dad, like you say, at least we're not Hearts fans' :greengrin:aok: it never leaves ya even if you don't go.

David_D
26-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I remember being absolutely devastated after we lost to Dundee Utd to relegate us in 98 (I think). Yesterday I walked home thinking I actually don't care. After getting home and having time to think I am gutted. Watching this garbage for the last 4 or 5 years has started to really chip away at a lot of peoples love for Hibs. Hopefully some of the younger ones will stick around and enjoy some great times as a Hibee.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Remember it well, probably more for the fighting at Hampden. The only difference is that we were beaten by an excellent Celtic side that day and there was no disgrace in losing albeit by a heavy score line.

These kids will get over it. We all have at some time or other.

Greencore
26-05-2014, 06:28 PM
We got what we deserved, this is the result of over priced ticket sales and merch. it loses trust with fans. Also the lack of investment, Hamilton didn't just want it more they out played us and i am not ashamed to admit that. the truth is people East mains is not a training centre in my eyes. it's a bloody holiday resort. get paid while you play pool , have a laugh in the team photo (nelson). the club is a joke and once again we are the ones who have to suffer.

Thanks hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 06:28 PM
:aok:

I've seen darker days in my life let alone football and Hibs :agree: Hibs are coursing through my veins, part of my genetic make up, they will never ever leave me. This relegation doesn't hurt me as badly as others as I've been here before - there were a fair few good games and memories even after the last ones. I have a mate who died unexpectedly last week and he's left behind a wife and a young child. That my friends puts everything these days into perspective and ensures that whilst I moan and get angsty about the club I love, it's not the end of the world. Club is still there, fans are still there, stadium is still looking magic - we play in green and white and ever since my first game I've been hooked. They get under your skin do Hibs.

This marvellous football club, and it's fans, have taken me to anger, pain, hurt, joy, happiness, ecstasy and pride......sometimes in one 90 minute game :greengrin

That's what I joked with my son about yesterday - he's not going anymore as the football is boring. But he turned and said to me 'Dad, like you say, at least we're not Hearts fans' :greengrin:aok: it never leaves ya even if you don't go.

Excellent post, truehibernian. Things feel terrible at this early stage, but we'll survive, even if that means a few years in the second tier. Whatever happens, it's a game and we'll adapt and cope.

emerald green
26-05-2014, 06:38 PM
There was a young lad and his dad sitting in two seats next to me yesterday which are usually empty most weeks. The wee guy hardly said a word, but from what his dad said occasionally he was obviously a (lapsed?) Hibs supporter who had turned out for this crucial fixture. There were no doubt lots more like them in yesterday's 18,000+ crowd. Not many of them will be back in the near future, if at all. All very sad.

mjhibby
26-05-2014, 08:29 PM
There was a young lad and his dad sitting in two seats next to me yesterday which are usually empty most weeks. The wee guy hardly said a word, but from what his dad said occasionally he was obviously a (lapsed?) Hibs supporter who had turned out for this crucial fixture. There were no doubt lots more like them in yesterday's 18,000+ crowd. Not many of them will be back in the near future, if at all. All very sad.

That is the most worrying thing about the game.guys who rarely go will be hugely put off and unless we start winning a few games quickly then the crowds will drop and of course the revenue. If we didn't have the stomach for a relegation fight how can fans feel confident we will have the fight to get out of the hottest 2nd tier there has ever been. Truly worrying. And with both butcher and Petrie still there what could possibly entice fans back.

mjhibby
26-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Only thing mind you that has surprised me how easy it has been to parry any jambo jibes about us going down. I think a lot of them now realise they are in the brown stuff. No consolation but surprising nevertheless.

Coco Bryce
26-05-2014, 08:34 PM

That could have been me and my lad. He was devastated, never said a word all the way home in the car, just stared out the window in deep thought. I really felt so bad that I have subjected him to Hibernian FC

snooky
26-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Years ago I was ragging an auld hun-supporting in-law of mine about the sticky period his team was going through.
His pithy reply was "Aipples will grow again."
I'm sure ours will, someday.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 08:41 PM
That could have been me and my lad. He was devastated, never said a word all the way home in the car, just stared out the window in deep thought. I really felt so bad that I have subjected him to Hibernian FC

Take a drive past Gorgie and Tynie next time then and close the windows - it hums :greengrin:aok: Or show him the girls in the Gorgie Fish Bar and then take him to the Hibs ticket office and see the two girls there........he'll know what you mean, he'll know :wink::aok:

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 08:44 PM

I witnessed something similar on the way out of the ground and. I have to say it has haunted me since. His dad and stranger asking him if he played football and to stick in as he could help us one day was met with a reply of 'I don't want to play football anymore' broke my heart. Maybe I am getting soft lol

Coco Bryce
26-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Take a drive past Gorgie and Tynie next time then and close the windows - it hums :greengrin:aok: Or show him the girls in the Gorgie Fish Bar and then take him to the Hibs ticket office and see the two girls there........he'll know what you mean, he'll know :wink::aok:

He's way to young to be looking at pretty girls but I know what you mean :-P

TornadoHibby
26-05-2014, 09:16 PM

Fav VAI tune then Vai?! :wink::greengrin

Vai
26-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Fave Vai tune? Too many to mention.... Trying to stay on theme here with all things HFC so will go for.....The Reaper....:wink:

TornadoHibby
27-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Fave Vai tune? Too many to mention.... Trying to stay on theme here with all things HFC so will go for.....The Reaper....:wink:

Are you really a Vai fan? :confused:

Have you ever seen him play live and, if so, what was the thing that you remember most from the experience!? :wink:

Vai
27-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi TH - yep, I'm a fan. Seen SV a number of times over the years, particularly as part of G3 with JS. Last saw SV just last year at the O2 Academy, a brilliant show where he played for about 2-3 hours - without any encores if I recall correctly. And he also got some folks up from the audience to construct a song for the band to play - the audience were listening!

emerald green
27-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Only thing mind you that has surprised me how easy it has been to parry any jambo jibes about us going down. I think a lot of them now realise they are in the brown stuff. No consolation but surprising nevertheless.

You know what? One of them said to me before Sunday's game that he didn't "want you lot down there too cos it's going to be hard enough to get back up in one season". They know they are in the s*** same as us.

Dublin07
27-05-2014, 09:07 PM
my son is the same he is still devastated. He burst into tears on the way home. He cried for weeks after the 2012 and 2013 cup finals. He said on Monday he wasn't going back as he couldn't take anymore. He then said today he is a hibs fan for life like his dad and will go back if Petrie leaves. That is from a 9 year old. I feel terrible for taking him and his wee brother the last few seasons but hibs are our team and I personally feel proud of the way everyone is pulling together for our common goal of getting Petrie out. I hate the man and what he has done to our club.

KingFranck
27-05-2014, 09:09 PM

How do you know he was a lapsed fan? The seats are usually empty but the guy may be like me,don't have a season ticket so get tickets wherever I can plus there were hardly any empty seats on sunday so hardly a surprise the seats weren't empty?

MrSmith
27-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi TH - yep, I'm a fan. Seen SV a number of times over the years, particularly as part of G3 with JS. Last saw SV just last year at the O2 Academy, a brilliant show where he played for about 2-3 hours - without any encores if I recall correctly. And he also got some folks up from the audience to construct a song for the band to play - the audience were listening!

You must have a favourite Vai track! Seen him with BS and SH amazing but nowhere close to him with DLR, BS and GB - awesome! :aok:

Coco Bryce
27-05-2014, 09:14 PM
my son is the same he is still devastated. He burst into tears on the way home. He cried for weeks after the 2012 and 2013 cup finals. He said on Monday he wasn't going back as he couldn't take anymore. He then said today he is a hibs fan for life like his dad and will go back if Petrie leaves. That is from a 9 year old. I feel terrible for taking him and his wee brother the last few seasons but hibs are our team and I personally feel proud of the way everyone is pulling together for our common goal of getting Petrie out. I hate the man and what he has done to our club.

It's really hard on them mate. My lad is 7 and he said he doesn't want to go back to ER either.

JollyGreenGiant
27-05-2014, 09:25 PM

My 8 year old and 5 year old have season tickets and I also feel guilty for what I have made them watch over the last couple of years!

My youngest doesn't get the relegation situation, but he knew something bad had happened and he goes 'does that mean we have to find a new team to watch dad' - had to laugh, but there was a part of me that thought if only it was that easy :rolleyes: