PDA

View Full Version : Full Backs

ulises_trotter
26-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Please get two decent full backs for next season, one of our biggest problems for the last few years has been our inability to replace whittaker and murphy!
Surely we had two young lads that could have came in and done a better job up until now... they are almost the most important part of the team in modern football in regards attacking and creating chances, ours have been bowfing for years!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Booth returning.

Brooster
26-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Absolutely spot on Ulises. Every week I look at the opposing full backs and think to myself how much better they are than ours. The boy Gordon at left back for hamilton was 100 times better than anything Stevenson is capable of, he could defend and header, he drove on constantly, he cut inside and out and he could pass, in fact he created the equiliser. Maybury has been ok but the two of them are incapable of creating anything going forward which is a must in the modern game. Black and Baptie from the u20s are superb prospects who have it all and will be great players if they keep improving. Black in particular shouldve been in the team ages ago.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Absolutely spot on Ulises. Every week I look at the opposing full backs and think to myself how much better they are than ours. The boy Gordon at left back for hamilton was 100 times better than anything Stevenson is capable of, he could defend and header, he drove on constantly, he cut inside and out and he could pass, in fact he created the equiliser. Maybury has been ok but the two of them a incapable of creating anything going forward which is a must in the modern game. Black and Baptie from the u20s are superb prospects who have it all and will be great players if they keep improving. Black in particular shouldve been in the team ages ago.

Both are squad players, or should have been. They are poor skill wise, and are safety first players who pass the buck. The problem is they pass it to equally poor players.

The technique of our team compared to a Hamilton team is scary, every one of their players seemed much more comfortable on the ball than ours.

Yet we see threads weekly on how good a player Lewis is, and what a Pro Maybury is. I must watch a different sport to some folk?

Ricky Bobby
26-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Any half decent side these days have full backs that are capable of pushing forward. Our two yesterday only slowed play down due to their lack of pace. Unfortunately it's not only the full back positions where the problems lie.

ulises_trotter
26-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I know the rest are pretty ***** aswell, but if they aren't hoofing it up the line, they pass inside to the middle two that are more than happy to do it for them.
Still think its been our biggest problem, lack of composed, quick, ball playing full backs!

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Should get Logan who was on loan at aberdeen

Ricky Bobby
26-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Should get Logan who was on loan at aberdeen
Exactly the type of player we need/needed. Out of our reach now i would think.