PDA

View Full Version : With the amount of wages being freed up, I can only hope...

TheFamous1875
26-05-2014, 12:30 PM
..that those wages are going to be divvied up between 4-5 great players that are going to be worth the wage and supplemented by the youth at the club. The most evident thing Hibs have been missing for years is leaders, and I hope Butcher, a renowned leader himself (allegedly), builds a new spine with experienced players willing to die for the jersey and show the youths how it should be done.

As much as I'm gutted that we've been relegated (it's still not quite sunk in), I'm kind of optimistic that now we're getting rid of the highest earners, we can 4 or 5 pros in who're worth the dosh and we can build for the future after what has been a disaster of an era for Hibernian. 2007-2014 has driven away thousands of us, and although it hurts, I'm kind of glad it's finally over with. Gut the squad, get a few pros in and build the club back up. Hibs sold our squad in 2006/7 for MILLIONS and never replaced the players.

Hopefully now we've been given the slap we deserve and can deconstruct and build again for a new era of our club. We don't deserve what we've had the past few years -as fans we are incredible and hopefully this cull will be the start of a great journey back to where we belong.