PDA

View Full Version : Who can we realistically sign?

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Thoughts or heard anything? I have no idea

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Probably noone. Noone in any lower division signs players they all just play 0 v 0 with the two managers willing the wind on to blow the ball into an empty net.

That's how first division football works :agree:

James70
26-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Realistically, who on earth would want to join us more like.

Green Fish
26-05-2014, 12:50 PM
MM is originally from townhill near dunfermline, one of my mates grew up with him. I didn't believe this when my mate told me a few weeks ago but club were looking to bring in 18 players, 14 deals were already done, no names mentioned, who knows :-/-

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I'd be very suprised if we managed to get 14 players when we weren't sure which league we would be in

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 12:54 PM
It will come down to money as much as anything.

If we offer more than the lower half Premierhsip teams then we will beat them to players.

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Kenny McKay from Annan is one I'm hearing

Aldo
26-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I'll say this... If TB is staying then there better be a good few signings (and backed) before he goes off on his jaunt to the WC or there will be even more carnage.

Cocohibby
26-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Last time we were relegated we signed Sauzee. Just sayin' :sauzee:

California-Hibs
26-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Kenny Miller, come and SOS!!!

BVB Hibs
26-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Probably have a similar appeal as we would have had in the premiership, but we're going to have to offer 2/300 a week more than we would have, probably with perks for promotion.

steviehibsleith
26-05-2014, 01:15 PM
MM is originally from townhill near dunfermline, one of my mates grew up with him. I didn't believe this when my mate told me a few weeks ago but club were looking to bring in 18 players, 14 deals were already done, no names mentioned, who knows :-/-

This was before we got relegated then. Think both sides will have to reconsider.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tonez
26-05-2014, 01:16 PM

I find that hard to believe to be honest. I know for fact an out of contract St Johnstone players agent was in contact with Hibs about a possible move only to be told Hibs & Butcher couldn't confirm anything until we knew what league we where in. The Saints player has since signed a new deal.

Green Fish
26-05-2014, 01:23 PM
I find that hard to believe to be honest. I know for fact an out of contract St Johnstone players agent was in contact with Hibs about a possible move only to be told Hibs & Butcher couldn't confirm anything until we knew what league we where in. The Saints player has since signed a new deal.

TBH I don't believe it either but it's clear that a clearout had been planned, SM may well have tapped a few from down south. Think that's more likely as any local talent is snapped up by other SPL clubs

Diclonius
26-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Oh god. Welcome to life outside the top flight. :bitchy:

erin go bragh
26-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Last time we were relegated we signed Sauzee. Just sayin' :sauzee:

And Latapy . Rather we spend decent money on some quality players wages,rather than paying ****pence for crap ones .

Ggtth

DTS
26-05-2014, 01:47 PM

People have been saying we need to start scouting the lower leagues for players and the first sniff of it you criticise it

S4uzee
26-05-2014, 01:50 PM
The EEN was reporting that Hearts were in talks with Mcgregor of St. Mirren, he's one we should definitely be looking at

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 02:03 PM
The EEN was reporting that Hearts were in talks with Mcgregor of St. Mirren, he's one we should definitely be looking at

He's a hibee too.

Nutmegged
26-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Who could we sign?

My knowledge outside of the UK is pretty limited, I know as much as the average man but thinking about small fees or free teansfers then I've just not got that knowledge.

Looking at players in Scotland, Jamie McDonald, Darren McGregor and Kane Hemmings are 3 I'd like to see us go after, id also consider James McFadden if he is upto it and really fancies a big challenge, getting Hibs promoted within a maximum 2 years is a bigger challenge than anything else he could do in Scotland in my opinion

So thats four players

As for right back, I'd wonder if Celtic would be willing to loan out Darnell Fisher, with Lustig & Matthews clear first choice picks and the fact Lustig is probably over his injury problems, 1st team opportunities may become a bit more limited for the young guy

neil7908
26-05-2014, 02:10 PM
This is something that really worries me.

I'm hoping we'll see more of the young players getting a real chance in the team and I presume we'll keep the likes of Stanton, Cummings, Forster etc.

Still we basically need a whole new team now. We may well still have a budget that will allow us to compete with a lot of teams in the SPL but we also have Hearts and the Rangers now in our division probably paying similar money.

Although we'll probably still pay more than teams like Dundee, Ross County, Partick Thistle etc we are going to have a really hard time recruiting any quality players with ambition.

JDHibs
26-05-2014, 02:18 PM

Think youl find Dundee utd have done pretty well looking at the lower leagues, top 6, and youngsters flourishing all over the park getting Scotland call ups.

Basically shut up and ets try something new instead of going for journeymen

davhibby
26-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Doubt it will make too much of a difference to the players we are looking at down south as they'll be lower league players anyway

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Get Hemmings in. Knows the division and scored a barrowload this season.

HibbyAndy
26-05-2014, 02:34 PM

***in hell is this what its come to!!

hibee_nation
26-05-2014, 04:31 PM
***in hell is this what its come to!!

I'll ask Kenny if he is signing for us next time i see him at the gym, never seen him play but he is a beast in the gym and is a very fit laddie.

mentalhibee
26-05-2014, 05:19 PM

Also heard a similar rumour about butcher wanting 17 new players. Source was 2nd hand from an agent. This was before we where in the play offs though.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I understand Paddy McGinty's goat's out of contract......

h185forever
26-05-2014, 05:27 PM
As long as we don't wait until 11pm on the last day of the window to get the ...ahem !..."best deals" cos all that will be left is another bunch of dross to replace the current lot !!

cmon Leanne get yer purse oot now ! ..dinnae gie us the ...i don't start for a week yet pish !!

One Day Soon
26-05-2014, 05:31 PM
As long as we don't wait until 11pm on the last day of the window to get the ...ahem !..."best deals" cos all that will be left is another bunch of dross to replace the current lot !!

cmon Leanne get yer purse oot now ! ..dinnae gie us the ...i don't start for a week yet pish !!

No need

Sas_The_Hibby
26-05-2014, 05:40 PM
No need

:greengrin

ekhibee
26-05-2014, 06:16 PM
He's a hibee too.

That's what I've heard as well. Good player too, what I've seen of him.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 06:25 PM
It will come down to money as much as anything.

If we offer more than the lower half Premierhsip teams then we will beat them to players.

:agree: As much as we are definitely in the doldrums right now, players will still want to play for us and if it came to a choice between us and the likes of St Mirren or Hamilton, I'm sure the player would choose us nine times out of ten.

The problem is having people at the club who are capable of scouting the correct players.

That remains the biggest issue.

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 07:36 PM
So they are not out of administration officially ,can't sign and register players officially but they are linked with players and doing there planning for when they can will be interesting to see the quality of player both teams end up signing given the financial constraints and the different circumstances that led us to the Championship .

Jonnyboy
26-05-2014, 07:40 PM

ICT's 'success' was achieved with players scouted from lower league sides. It's always going to be the case that Hibs would 'shop' there. Bitching about the first name to come up is out of order in my opinion

500miles
26-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Gavin Reilly of QOTS? Impressive goal return (1 goal every 140 odd minutes) and only 21 years old. Scored against us and Rangers the year Queens put us out of the Cup.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Deek and Garry O > if ever there was a time to get your asses in gear. You two could punish hearts. sad they have given up - shocking really.

HibeeLR
27-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Are a few of the falkirk youngsters who played against us in the SC semi still there, might be worth looking at a few of them? Sibbald I think is one of them

jamieross
27-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Not a signing as such, but Booth will surely get a chance to be our first choice LB this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Hemmings and Taylor up front.

erskine-hibby
27-05-2014, 09:04 AM
If, and it is a big IF, we show real ambition there is no reason why we cannot build up a really decent squad. I won't hold my breath though.

Stax
27-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Not a signing as such, but Booth will surely get a chance to be our first choice LB this season.
Really hope this is the case, good player & used to the opposition we'll be up against.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 10:15 AM
A team I would mind us having to compete for promotion in the Championship

GK: Reguero/Back up

RB: Alcock/Black
CB: Hanlon/Forster
CB: Wedderburn/Ellis
LB: Booth/Baptie

RM: McGlashan/Max Todd
CM: Stanton/Robertson
CM: Buaben/Mousinho
LM Weston/Harris

ST: Lyle Taylor (loan)
ST: Hemmings/Boyd

TRC
27-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Ellis centre back?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Ellis centre back?

Yer.

sambajustice
27-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Hamilton assembled a team that battered us after being in the league for 3 years and on a fraction of the budget of our and what ours will be, decent players aren't hard to find at the lower levels.

We should be able to assemble at team that will comfortably finish 1st or 2nd.

I still think the best way to sort this though is to throw money at the problem!

TRC
27-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Yer.

But who is he was what I was getting at?

Unseen work
27-05-2014, 11:06 AM
A team I would mind us having to compete for promotion in the Championship

GK: Reguero/Back up

RB: Alcock/Black
CB: Hanlon/Forster
CB: Wedderburn/Ellis
LB: Booth/Baptie

RM: McGlashan/Max Todd
CM: Stanton/Robertson
CM: Buaben/Mousinho
LM Weston/Harris

ST: Lyle Taylor (loan)
ST: Hemmings/Boyd

Who are the majority of these players and are we linked with them?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:12 AM
But who is he was what I was getting at?

Crewe Alex Centre half and captain. Turnes down a new deal so is a free agent.

1987kev
27-05-2014, 11:18 AM
I'll ask Kenny if he is signing for us next time i see him at the gym, never seen him play but he is a beast in the gym and is a very fit laddie.

Hopefully he can show the young lads how to put muscles on , is it just me or does every player that comes thru your system never develop muscles ie hanlon Stevenson Stanton Harris handling they are all light weights hit the iron boys it's time to man up.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Who are the majority of these players and are we linked with them?

Antonio Reguero (Killie GK) been linked with us.
Craig Alcock (Peterborough RB) not linked.
Nath Wedderburn (Cowdenbeath CB) not linked
Mark Ellis (Crewe Alex CB and Captain) been talked about.

Jermaine McGlashan (Dag & Red winger) not linked.
Prince Buaben (Carlisle/Thistle CM) not linked.
John Mousinho (Prestion NE CM) not linked.
Myles Weston (Gillingham winger) not linked

Lyle Taylor (Sheff Utd ST) been linked before.
Kane Hemmings (Cowden ST) been linked.
Kris Boyd (Killie ST) been linked.

munchar
27-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Thoughts or heard anything? I have no idea

Craig Gordon- If he can get to anywhere near 90-100% fit. No brainier.
Lyle Taylor- Proven 1st Division striker, done well on loan in Spl to.
Kenny Miller- Free agent. Would rip the 1st Division apart.
Kris Boyd- see above.
Derek Riorden- Same as Craig Gordon.

These are DEFINATELY the quality of player we should be going for.
will we though???

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Craig Gordon- If he can get to anywhere near 90-100% fit. No brainier.
Lyle Taylor- Proven 1st Division striker, done well on loan in Spl to.
Kenny Miller- Free agent. Would rip the 1st Division apart.
Kris Boyd- see above.
Derek Riorden- Same as Craig Gordon.

These are DEFINATELY the quality of player we should be going for.
will we though???

:faf: :faf:

munchar
27-05-2014, 11:50 AM
:faf: :faf:

Fail to see the humour.
An unfit Riorden would still offer more than ANY of our current strikers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Fail to see the humour.
An unfit Riorden would still offer more than ANY of our current strikers.

Cause he was a rip-roaring success at Alloa right enough.

He's finished.

munchar
27-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Cause he was a rip-roaring success at Alloa right enough.

He's finished.

He was injured at Alloa.
And as I say, IF he got himself in shape, I'm sure he would still get 15 goals in 1st division.

Paperboy
27-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Anyone heard a rumour that we're going to concentrate more on youngsters next season than new players..?

munchar
27-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Anyone heard a rumour that we're going to concentrate more on youngsters next season than new players..?

If true, we really are in trouble then.
If they were good enough, they would have been pushing for a place in front of they impostors who took us down!

The_Horde
27-05-2014, 12:17 PM

I think that's the best thing to do. It's about a season too late though.

Fill the team with young players minus 3 or 4 quality, fearless experienced lads.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Paul McGowan and Farid El Alagui have left their clubs. Worth a punt?

SteveHFC
27-05-2014, 02:56 PM

:agree:

HH81
27-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Plenty of players in league 2 that could get us out this mess.

TheFamous1875
27-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Hope we sign some leaders for a change. Supplement them with youth and build from there. The youth should always be our priority, and what's best for them is to play alongside some reliable leaders who can play football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Centre Hawf
27-05-2014, 03:20 PM

McGowan - Yes
El Alagui - No

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 03:37 PM
McGowan - Yes
El Alagui - No

El Alagui is a proven gloascorer in the league we are now in.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Erm .................. Lets not forget what we are up against here.

Our competition wont be Falkirk or QotS etc and they will be hard enough if Raith Rovers and Hamilton are anything to go by. It will be two clubs who also cannot afford more than a season in the Championship.

The Rangers short of going bust will be a shoe in for top spot .... I doubt the bookies will even give odds. That leaves a battle for 2nd and a play off spot. If we are 3rd and manage to win a place in the play off semi that will mean a two leg showdown with more than likely the Yams. Not brilliant considering our history in derby matches ..... especially vital ones.

Even if by some miracle we make the play off final .... someone remind me of our win ratio against bottom 6 clubs again.

In order to have any chance of getting out of this hole in less than 2 or worse 3 seasons we need to sign quality. How we do that is beyond me ..... that's the job of the owner and chairman.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .................ooh ma sides ................... he he he he he he he he he .... Help !!! Just realised what I said.

Nevi_SOL
27-05-2014, 03:59 PM
@SFL_CHAMP: @HibernianFCClub release 14 players! But are they going to bring in Rangers forward, Andy Little #hibs

Seen this on twitter but as we all know not the most reliable but just putting it out there.

berwickhibee
27-05-2014, 04:03 PM
id get lee currie in from Berwick,scored over 20 goals last season from midfield,a massive threat at set pieces. he hasn't signed on at Berwick. so free:greengrin

GordonHFC
27-05-2014, 04:08 PM
id get lee currie in from Berwick,scored over 20 goals last season from midfield,a massive threat at set pieces. he hasn't signed on at Berwick. so free:greengrin

Is he the guy who played for Musselburgh Athletic?

Jonnyboy
27-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Is he the guy who played for Musselburgh Athletic?

He played for Hibs. We released him a while back

hibseleven
27-05-2014, 04:36 PM
I know we had talked to David Gray a month or so back but not sure if it was dependant on us being in the premier. He's on loan at Burton but wants back up the road.

Unseen work
27-05-2014, 05:11 PM
@SFL_CHAMP: @HibernianFCClub release 14 players! But are they going to bring in Rangers forward, Andy Little #hibs

Seen this on twitter but as we all know not the most reliable but just putting it out there.

This is exactly the type of player we need to bring in! Would be delighted with it!

There's a lot of released players as mentioned that would be alright in the first division and I think are butchers type of olayers like

Hasslebaink
McGowan (suprised st mirren released him)
Farid El algui
Darren mcgregor
Mongaro gomis
Ryan Stevenson

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 05:18 PM
This is exactly the type of player we need to bring in! Would be delighted with it!

There's a lot of released players as mentioned that would be alright in the first division and I think are butchers type of olayers like

Hasslebaink
McGowan (suprised st mirren released him)
Farid El algui
Darren mcgregor
Mongaro gomis
Ryan Stevenson

:hilarious

Unseen work
27-05-2014, 05:24 PM
:hilarious

We are inclined to think that as he was at hearts but, he gives his all every game, scores goals and is the main reason hearts got the better of us so often IMO

dmc1875
27-05-2014, 05:34 PM
We are inclined to think that as he was at hearts but, he gives his all every game, scores goals and is the main reason hearts got the better of us so often IMO

While I don't think he's a bad player there is absolutely no chance he would ever consider signing for Hibs.

In fact hardly any of their players ever would. Ours might not have the same sort of loyalty. Just another difference between the mentalities of both

gorgie greens
27-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Can't see him ever being accepted at Easter Road and I would not want him there either,as for The Hearts we must be in a better position to pay for better players than they are ,but we need to get rid of the wage cap and make a Le god signing or a Latapy ,

MagicSwirlingShip
27-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Realistically I would like to see us go for a player like Murray Davidson, of St johnstone.

Out of contract this summer I believe, and recently returned from a bad injury.

Sad thing is he most likely has far more appealing options.