PDA

View Full Version : betting on Hibs

euro Hibby
26-05-2014, 12:02 PM
3 or 4 times a year I bet on Hibs much against my own wisdom because I think I have about a 2/10 ratio when picking Hibs. They are my team and I just can never manage to bet against them !

The thought however did occur to me a few times over the last 3 months to bet on Hibs to lose but thats all it was .......a thought !

I am just wondering know how much you would have won had anybody religiously picked Hibs week after week not to win ?

I had a few good winning runs with Blackpool losing every week and then with Rotherham and Preston winning !

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 12:08 PM
as much as it pains me to say it I won 150 bucks when Hearts won the Scottish cup against us.

I had it down as a little insurance, so that I would have at least something to smile about. It worked to, all the 5-1 ***** that still goes on to this day means nothing to me! I just think about that nice day I finally one some money of the bookie!! haha!

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I spoke to a mate about it months ago and said we should sell everything we had and stick it on Hibs being relegated.

Sad to say, we never followed through with the idea. Too much blind faith.

bobbyhibs1983
26-05-2014, 12:38 PM
I ve picked hibs 4/5 times over the last few weeks and hibs have not won any of the games!!

I must confess though that when we played heartz im sorry to say i backed them at 3/1

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I won a decent sum by betting on Hibs to lose some of the games in recent months, and put all winnings onto betting us to be in the play-off, and won more by betting Hamilton to win the play-off (Hamilton @ 10/1).
Obviously I wanted to lose the bets, but its had an inevitability for months.
I thought about using some of the money to get a season-ticket, even though I'd miss a lot of games through work, but with Butcher & Petrie clearly going nowhere I cant bring myself to do so.