PDA

View Full Version : The Clearout

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 11:58 AM
So lots of rumours about players going, looking like the majority of the squad has been emptied, or been told to find a new club.

Butcher has rightly taken A LOT of stick on here, with the majority calling for him to quit or be fired.

Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time? He has clearly had his mind made up from around New Year who was and was not in his plans. He has acted swiftly and with conviction around making the sweeping/drastic changes that we as a fan base have been asking for.

Or is this just another step in the now annual cycle of rebuild that happens every close season? with a bunch of journeymen brought in to take a wage and "try" to make a difference.

Personally I am interested to see who Butcher brings in, the worst thing has already happened in that we have been relegated. I have to have confidence that Butcher will bring players in capable of playing football he wants played (which I have to believe is not Hoofball).

Hibeesmad
26-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I believe the same players would have left even if we stayed up, I think this was planned by Butcher a long time ago

Leith Mo
26-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Have to disagree with the last bit - he's shown us nothing but hoofball is his way and attempting to hold on at home against (albeit) a better team when 1-0 down in the most important game our Club has faced in years is indefensible.

He should have been the first to go. I always he thought he had integrity - he has none and is an utter failure of an appointment.

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time?

Not for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the players as they're clearly part of the reason we're in this mess - but ultimately a good manager should be able to mould a half decent squad of players into an effective footballing side.

Butcher has completely and utterly failed to do that.

Not having the exact staff you want may be a mitigating factor in not achieving stretch goals but it is most certainly not an excuse for the potentially business ruining failure he has overseen. And with a good start I might add.

HKhibby
26-05-2014, 03:32 PM
So lots of rumours about players going, looking like the majority of the squad has been emptied, or been told to find a new club.

Butcher has rightly taken A LOT of stick on here, with the majority calling for him to quit or be fired.

Does this instant reaction go anyway to buying Butcher more time? He has clearly had his mind made up from around New Year who was and was not in his plans. He has acted swiftly and with conviction around making the sweeping/drastic changes that we as a fan base have been asking for.

Or is this just another step in the now annual cycle of rebuild that happens every close season? with a bunch of journeymen brought in to take a wage and "try" to make a difference.

Personally I am interested to see who Butcher brings in, the worst thing has already happened in that we have been relegated. I have to have confidence that Butcher will bring players in capable of playing football he wants played (which I have to believe is not Hoofball).

Did he not take ICT down as well?,im not sure either way about Butcher now, on one hand i'd like to say stick with him, on the other he produced nothing and has presided over us being relegated, and most managers either resign or are got rid off when this happens!

I supported his appointment at the time in November, but now it just seems all a complete waist of time and resources, as he has done nothing which i am completely surprised at, even if he inhereted a rubbish squad, you would have thought that he might have managed for them to keep us up just!

Onion
26-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I believe the same players would have left even if we stayed up, I think this was planned by Butcher a long time ago

Self fulfilling. The players knew they were going to get emptied so didn't fight for the jersey. I blame Butcher for that. He sucked the life out of the guys and they played like a bunch of doomed individuals. Butcher is ultimately to blame for our relegation and I will never forgive him for that.

The Hibs Family has never been so divided and fragmented. As long as Petrie and Butcher are here, that will prevail.

Onion
26-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Did he not take ICT down as well?,im not sure either way about Butcher now, on one hand i'd like to say stick with him, on the other he produced nothing and has presided over us being relegated, and most managers either resign or are got rid off when this happens!

I supported his appointment at the time in November, but now it just seems all a complete waist of time and resources, as he has done nothing which i am completely surprised at, even if he inhereted a rubbish squad, you would have thought that he might have managed for them to keep us up just!

You're not giving Butcher enough credit here. It took a very special talent to get us relegated from where we were. Given the quality of the opposition, Butchers record is as bad as Duff Jimmy. It is truly horrendous - probably worse than not having a manager at all !

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Have to disagree with the last bit - he's shown us nothing but hoofball is his way and attempting to hold on at home against (albeit) a better team when 1-0 down in the most important game our Club has faced in years is indefensible.

He should have been the first to go. I always he thought he had integrity - he has none and is an utter failure of an appointment.

Totally agree

Sammy7nil
27-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Has anyone heard the ENTIRE 1st team squad have been told to take a pay cut or find a new club?

Will this mean Hanlon, Stevenson, McGivern and Nelson may be going too?

If that is the case I wonde if Butcher Lee-anne and MM are taking a pay cut ?

Devilstorment
27-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I have only heard rumblings on hear about the 50% pay cut. I can't see it being the case. %50 is a massive pay cut to expect anyone to take and I doubt, unless pencilled in at point of signing, there is any way that it can be enforced

Onion
27-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I have only heard rumblings on hear about the 50% pay cut. I can't see it being the case. %50 is a massive pay cut to expect anyone to take and I doubt, unless pencilled in at point of signing, there is any way that it can be enforced

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. If any of these guys are not worth paying current wages, then they are not worth keeping ! Get shot of them all. In fact, close the whole club down for a year so we can clear out Petrie, Butcher and his man team, None of them can be trusted to make ANY decisions that affect Hibs future. We need to stop them Now. Someone PLEASE stop these incompetents from doing any more damage. Enough.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I would have thought Hanlon would have been the obvious Captain in the 1st divison :confused: not being asked to take a large paycut

emerald green
27-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Not for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the players as they're clearly part of the reason we're in this mess - but ultimately a good manager should be able to mould a half decent squad of players into an effective footballing side.

Butcher has completely and utterly failed to do that.

Not having the exact staff you want may be a mitigating factor in not achieving stretch goals but it is most certainly not an excuse for the potentially business ruining failure he has overseen. And with a good start I might add.

This :agree:. I'm very worried Butcher is still Hibs manager. His style of playing the game and footballing philosophy is pre-historic.

I can only presume he was kept on by Petrie for financial reasons only, because he knows f*** all about football. Could turn out to be yet another major blunder. I can only hope it's not.

147lothian
27-05-2014, 08:27 PM
So Leigh wanted to come to Hibs, Wolves have a player who wasn't in their plans so they were willing to let him go, but Hibs and Wolves couldn't agree a fee, if this is the case, its another petrie **** up!

southsider
27-05-2014, 08:49 PM
So Leigh wanted to come to Hibs, Wolves have a player who wasn't in their plans so they were willing to let him go, but Hibs and Wolves couldn't agree a fee, if this is the case, its another petrie **** up!
Petrie said that LG was not for sale......bull****. Every player in that Wolves team was for sale you only had to pay the right price. There was, and still is, a ONE MILLION interest free loan from Farmer lying unused. Mark my words if we had bought Leigh at the start of the seasn or even Adam Rooney in the last transfer window we would not have been relegated. FACT. Petrie should be dismissed for gross negligence for allowing this to happen. He is like the captain of the poor illfated ship who took a lifeboat whilst his ship sunk.Get him out now.

OsloHibs
27-05-2014, 08:52 PM
So, have we no goalkeeper? :confused:

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 08:54 PM

My worry is Butcher is making important decisions right now about players and he shouldn't be in charge of our club still.

If he stays he has to perform a miracle and change his hoofball tactics - something I can't see old school Malpas coaching having observed some of his coaching 1st hand.

Add to that you will be able to see how we will play next season in the first 45mins of preseason - will it be long ball (hoof) or something which is structured and resembles football - if Hamilton can out play us at home then we have major problems.

magnificent_seven
27-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I think it would be ridiculous to sack Butcher. He has made a pigs ear of the relegation run in but once he brings his own players in, ones who aren't big time prima donnas and actually want to play for him, he will come good. Guaranteed.

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Amazing how Nelson also wasn't first out the door. Would rather have a youngster who can pass the ball then someone who just constantly gives it back to the opposition.

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I think it would be ridiculous to sack Butcher. He has made a pigs ear of the relegation run in but once he brings his own players in, ones who aren't big time prima donnas and actually want to play for him, he will come good. Guaranteed.

He made us worse - how was that even possible? Shocking managemen, player recruitment and tactics that's how.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Phew what a relief thanks for that here was me thinking the guy was a useless tw@t of a manager.

ALL Hibs fans will sleep easier tonight after tour guarantee :greengrin

magnificent_seven
27-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Phew what a relief thanks for that here was me thinking the guy was a useless tw@t of a manager.

ALL Hibs fans will sleep easier tonight after tour guarantee :greengrin

Just my opinion, that's what message boards are for right? It was only a matter if time that this club ended up in the state it is just now, regardless of who was the manager. The club needed a kick up the arse. Butcher is hardly daft, he has never flopped at a Scottish club, and has a proven track record of building teams who consistently challenged at the top half of the premier league. That ability doesn't just disappear. It's no coincidence that the squad that got relegated was built by Pat Fenlon. Look how entertaining he teams Butcher had at Motherwell and ICT were. And given time he will bring that here. I just don't see the point in sh**ting the bed and sacking him. The cost implications involved in that can be better used towards new players.

Itsnoteasy
27-05-2014, 09:22 PM

He relegated ICT & Motherwell. Falkirk should have been promoted but never had the stadium criteria so WELL stayed up. At least TB is consistently hopeless.

skipster7
27-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Butcher can gtf. Hoofball pish. Simply no coming back from that.
Had 2 months knowing we were in real trouble and somehow shape a win from our many games left. Shameful mis management.

wills
27-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Why was Nelson and mcgivern not told to look for another club?

Dibben
27-05-2014, 10:06 PM

Think they are still under contract. Negotiations ongoing?

Greencore
27-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Nelson and mcgivern are amazing

At f all! They need to leave

Northernhibee
27-05-2014, 10:14 PM
If the rumour on here yesterday about Stevenson being told to find a new club is true I'll be gutted. I'd want us to keep Hanlon, Forster, Robertson, Stevenson, Stanton, Harris and Cummings from the first team but would be particularly disappointed if we were to lose Lewie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 10:18 PM

They have been. They were both told yesterday they are free to find new clubs.

S4uzee
27-05-2014, 10:37 PM
They have been. They were both told yesterday they are free to find new clubs.

Can I just ask how you have all this inside info?

silverhibee
27-05-2014, 11:02 PM
So, have we no goalkeeper? :confused:

Steve Marsella will be signed as player coach and be our No 1 goalie for next season.

silverhibee
27-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Things will get worse as we go through the week, bad news only.

Shields Hibee
27-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Stevenson puts the effort in & would be sad to see him leave. McGivern & Nelson should be given marching orders if not already done so. Only Hanlon, Cummings, Forster, Stevenson, Roberts, Harris & Robertson should remain as they show effort & desire to battle. If players have been told to take 50% wage cuts then so be it , they got us relegated so now must pay the price.

Butcher has so far failed at this club, any decent manager should be able to scrape results even if the squad is poor but he didn't. Who Butcher brings in will be interesting but that will all come down to how much money he is given and whether players want to play in the championship or his brand of hoofball.

If we get rubbish in and the football doesn't improve, our start is a carry on of this season just gone then Butcher has to go and yet again would show he cannot manage clubs with tradition and sizeable support.

southern hibby
28-05-2014, 01:37 AM
Amazing how Nelson also wasn't first out the door. Would rather have a youngster who can pass the ball then someone who just constantly gives it back to the opposition.

This is a major concern for me. Nelson is so slow. Young fitter attacking players are just going to out run him next season. We cannot possibly be considering actually being I'n the play offs with players like this, never mind even talking about winning the league.

McGivern has shown to be another major concern. I believe we will struggle with these two I'n our defence. I have no coaching badges, have no footballing career, but I've watched just one or two games I'n my life to asses that Any manager worth his salt will make sure his attacking options go up against these two.

GGTTH

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Believe me the so called clear out hasn't ended, there will be some surprises to some who else has been told they can leave, I can't believe what I'm hearing to be honest. Some will be glad but even younger players aren't being spared from this empty.

this guys ruining our club

coldingham hibs
29-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Believe me the so called clear out hasn't ended, there will be some surprises to some who else has been told they can leave, I can't believe what I'm hearing to be honest. Some will be glad but even younger players aren't being spared from this empty.

Spit it out :hmmm:

Heisenberg
29-05-2014, 08:12 PM

I'm ****ing praying the likes of OTJ, Nelson and Mcgivern are included. There's only a couple I would want to keep and they come under the category of younger player, got to hope we keep hold of Stanton etc.

theonlywayisup
29-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Spit it out :hmmm:

Harris?:cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Anyone know if OTJ is free to leave?

Callum_62
29-05-2014, 08:13 PM

Why is getting rid of a generally failing club squad ruining us?

For me, its exactly what is needed

Altho im not privvy to exactly who has been told to go - I dont really care for any of our current players

Scottie
29-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Altho im not privvy to exactly who has been told to go - I dont really care for any of our current players

:agree:

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 08:17 PM

Even our most promising young players and players who are still young enough to get a good ore season under their belt.

Callum_62
29-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Even our most promising young players and players who are still young enough to get a good ore season under their belt.

Depends what you class as promising

I may be in the minority here - but I dont think Harris has the heart to make it, and I think Stanton disappeared with 6 weeks of the season to go

Compare that to Callum Paterson, or a few of the 'young' players over Tynecastle way

Cummings I think has potential

TheFamous1875
29-05-2014, 08:20 PM

I think it is essential we keep:

Stanton
Harris
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson
Cummings

Although judging by the tone of your post, I can see some if these guys leaving which is really, really worrying. Anyone else at the club I would be happy to leave, but these guys are either our future or could be very useful to our squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

strummbo
29-05-2014, 08:22 PM
all contracted players have been told they are welcome to find other clubs. if they dont, then report for preseason and contract will be renegotiated. all players means all players. every single one.

TheFamous1875
29-05-2014, 08:33 PM
all contracted players have been told they are welcome to find other clubs. if they dont, then report for preseason and contract will be renegotiated. all players means all players. every single one.

So, it's up to the players whether they choose to play for Hibernian or not?

eastterrace
29-05-2014, 08:37 PM

yes i heard some have been asked to take 50 percent pay cut, so they could be on there way { the younger players }

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I think it is essential we keep:

Stanton
Harris
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson
Cummings

Although judging by the tone of your post, I can see some if these guys leaving which is really, really worrying. Anyone else at the club I would be happy to leave, but these guys are either our future or could be very useful to our squad.

I wonder if asking them to leave and saying they can leave are two entirely different things? Is this possibly a rallying call i.e. If you want to play for me then stay, if not your free to leave?

On the same token, it would also be very surprising if Hibs were to let anyone go for free that had sell on potential, for that reason i can't believe Hibs would let this happen.

nribs
29-05-2014, 08:39 PM
So Hibs would be quite happy to allow Stanton and Harris who they have just given long term contracts to to walk away for nothing? These are the guys the management had high hopes for when they signed.

ruthven_raiders
29-05-2014, 08:39 PM

Heard the same, some of the names mentioned that can leave are astonishing! A clear out but let us keep some of our best young players

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I wonder if asking them to leave and saying they can leave are two entirely different things? Is this possibly a rallying call i.e. If you want to play for me then stay, if not your free to leave?

On the same token, it would also be very surprising if Hibs were to let anyone go for free that had sell on potential, for that reason i can't believe Hibs would let this happen.

No some have been told they can leave as no future, some told they can leave if they can find a club and some told you can leave if we can get a fee for you ala think young.

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 08:42 PM
So Hibs would be quite happy to allow Stanton and Harris who they have just given long term contracts to to walk away for nothing? These are the guys the management had high hopes for when they signed.

See my previous post they fall into the latter category

TheFamous1875
29-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Heard the same, some of the names mentioned that can leave are astonishing! A clear out but let us keep some of our best young players

Hopefully the names that aren't astonishing will be the ones leaving!

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-05-2014, 08:46 PM
No some have been told they can leave as no future, some told they can leave if they can find a club and some told you can leave if we can get a fee for you ala think young.

So, for example if we have Stanton and he has 'potential' we would be prepared to let him go for a nominal fee?

Just can't see it, it's business suicide and exactly what Rod has prided himself I'm over the years.

That said, there is nothing to say the players may not want to stay.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 08:54 PM
So, for example if we have Stanton and he has 'potential' we would be prepared to let him go for a nominal fee?

Just can't see it, it's business suicide and exactly what Rod has prided himself I'm over the years.

That said, there is nothing to say the players may not want to stay.

But what if the club need the money and he's on a food contract now for 4 years? Agree though he would be one I would defo keep.

nribs
29-05-2014, 08:55 PM
See my previous post they fall into the latter category

Sorry got you now. Sounds like we are totally rooked. Not sure why the cull would be this harsh!!.Happy that all senior pros can be allowed or told to go but the young boys Ffs!!

TheFamous1875
29-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I think it's very important that we keep our youth. I'd get rid of almost everyone and have a a youthful squad supplemented by experienced players with leadership qualities in every part of the park.

Calum68
29-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Steve Marsella will be signed as player coach and be our No 1 goalie for next season.

Might not be a bad shout. He stands in front of the goal there's very little room for a ball to squeeze past,

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-05-2014, 09:10 PM
But what if the club need the money and he's on a food contract now for 4 years? Agree though he would be one I would defo keep.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I still think they would want to protect any potential assets, Stanton being one.

It's a strange one, disappointing to say the least. I never realised Hibs were so financially struggling though??

steviehibsleith
29-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I still think they would want to protect any potential assets, Stanton being one.

It's a strange one, disappointing to say the least. I never realised Hibs were so financially struggling though??

I dont think we are finacially struggling there have been messages coming out of Easter road since Butcher arrived. He said straight away he was surprised how much many of our players were getting paid. Ben Williams stated soft and spoiled im reading more into the spoiled bit. Heres a question how much is Paul Hanlon being paid - compare that to what TB was paying his CHs at Inverness . They are over rated and overpaid i personally dont think many will go who are still under contract because do you think there is a team out there who will pay Nelson more than £600 a week thats probably half what he is on now? Go through the entire squad and apart from Stanton and Cummings i dont care who goes Marsella will get a better player in every position for 50% of what these muppets have been paid.
Just remember what were the Hamilton players being paid and they played us off the park.
What are Raith Rovers paying their players who put us out the Scottish Cup. Hibs players can have no complaints IMO and the term clearout is excatly what i want.

munchar
29-05-2014, 09:31 PM

Theres not 1 player I can think of that would astonish me if they left.
The whole lot of the remaining squad are mediocre at best.
If Butcher remains, I think he is doing the right thing in clearing the decks.
The young players who some think are promising are just that. Not one of them has showed enough to realistically be missed.
Maybe the way to go is quality, rather than quantity. If we want to challenge for promotion immediately, the youngsters will not be our priority.
Restructure, with the 1st team our priority.

Over to you Mr. Petrie.

GreenLake
29-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I dont think we are finacially struggling there have been messages coming out of Easter road since Butcher arrived. He said straight away he was surprised how much many of our players were getting paid. Ben Williams stated soft and spoiled im reading more into the spoiled bit. Heres a question how much is Paul Hanlon being paid - compare that to what TB was paying his CHs at Inverness . They are over rated and overpaid i personally dont think many will go who are still under contract because do you think there is a team out there who will pay Nelson more than £600 a week thats probably half what he is on now? Go through the entire squad and apart from Stanton and Cummings i dont care who goes Marsella will get a better player in every position for 50% of what these muppets have been paid.
Just remember what were the Hamilton players being paid and they played us off the park.
What are Raith Rovers paying their players who put us out the Scottish Cup. Hibs players can have no complaints IMO and the term clearout is excatly what i want.

Is he surprised at how much he is getting paid compared to Inverness? If the players are taking a 50% pay cut then so should TB, MM and SM. Give them all (players and management trio) the remaining 50% as a bonus for a Championship win or 25% for a playoff win and promotion.

Devilstorment
29-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I was always under the impression that Hibs paid quite a modest basic salary but with add ons to make more competitive? not sure where I got this from, always just been my perception

If its the case the clearly win bonuses and clean sheet bonus, not to mention goal bonuses don't seem to make much of a difference!

eggbamyasi
29-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Smaxxa . Are you able to say the names you heard ? Or when will it all become public ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hibby67
29-05-2014, 11:05 PM
does anyone have alist of players both senior and youth that are still at the club to get an ideawho we are taking

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Smaxxa . Are you able to say the names you heard ? Or when will it all become public ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Would rather not but I guess you could read between the lines from some of the previous posts and names mentioned.

SMAXXA
29-05-2014, 11:10 PM

i don't think you are far off the mark re cost and the value he feels he can get for the money we pay currently.

The Green Goblin
29-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Would rather not but I guess you could read between the lines from some of the previous posts and names mentioned.

I would be very sorry to see Stanton go, personally. (In case that's who your post MIGHT have been referring to) :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Fwiw I met a Hamilton fan lastnight down in London watching the game - he was probably in his mid-late 50s and was at one time quite close to the goings on at Hamilton. He claimed their highest paid player was on £4k but majority around £600-700 p/w.

That player ...?

Martin Canning

ehf
29-05-2014, 11:23 PM

I like Stanton and Harris, but let's be brutally honest; neither of them would get into the Hamilton team that papped us on Sunday, or even the Raith team that pumped us out of the cup, let alone another SPL team.

The Green Goblin
29-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I like Stanton and Harris, but let's be brutally honest; neither of them would get into the Hamilton team that papped us on Sunday, or even the Raith team that pumped us out of the cup, let alone another SPL team.

Sam Stanton, playing with a half-decent team around him, will be a quality player (imho).

itslegaltender
30-05-2014, 08:27 AM
The Sun stating all players under contract (including Stanton, Harris, Forster and Cummings) all been told take 50% cut or find a club. The point with the likes of Stanton is though, he was on a really low wage just before the contract was signed, surely their is mileage in paying him 100%, we need to win the bloody league next year and think about seasons to come. Seems extremely short sighted.

andy1875
30-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Fwiw I met a Hamilton fan lastnight down in London watching the game - he was probably in his mid-late 50s and was at one time quite close to the goings on at Hamilton. He claimed their highest paid player was on £4k but majority around £600-700 p/w.

That player ...?

Martin Canning

£4k a week for a Hamilton player?

I'd very, very surprised if that were the case.

To put it into context, if there's a player in Scotland outwith Celtic and Rangers on that money I'd be surprised!

Devilstorment
30-05-2014, 09:15 AM
£4k a week for a Hamilton player?

I'd very, very surprised if that were the case.

To put it into context, if there's a player in Scotland outwith Celtic and Rangers on that money I'd be surprised!

:agree: