PDA

View Full Version : Our Marvellous Infrastructure

Leith Mo
26-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Here's an email I sent them this morning - no reply expected of course:

I understand from previous correspondence with the Club the the Board choose not to comment on "Footballing-related matters" via email - and therefore I shall attempt to restrict this message to address "non-footballing matters" only in this email. (Of course, it does appears that the Board of Hibernian FC have a different definition of "football" to the vast majority of Hibernian supporters who rightly regard "football" not as a "product," the preferred term of the Board, but the very lifeblood and raison d'etre of our institution).

On that note, let me address various "Product" related matters:

I am delighted and impressed with the quality of the infrastructure built by the second-best team at paying its bills in Scotland (although to digress once again officially the second-worst football "product" in the country). However, given the sacrifices made to achieve this (not least one would argue to the detriment of the "product" on offer on the pitch), I would not expect the roof of the East Stand to be leaking so soon after construction. If it is not too much trouble, and obviously if revised budgets permit, could the Board Director responsible for the stadium infrastructure please direct that the roof above Section 42, Seat R 127 and surrounding seats be repaired please? (Assuming of course the seat will be occupied next season).

Secondly, the quality of the catering in the East Stand now verges on the almost inedible. As part of the "Match Day Experience" and overall product offering this is surely not of the standards expected by the Board, although of course I am sure that the quality of the catering in the 1875 Restaurant (which I have enjoyed previously) to which our Club Directors are accustomed will not have deteriorated to the same extent as the "product" offered to ordinary supporters like myself and others. Could you please ensure that next season standards improve (assuming of course there will be anybody in the stadium to actually partake of the catering "product" on offer?

Additionally, the quality of the pitch (that is of course the large green area with various white lines where the real business or "product offering" of any football club is normally expected to be showcased) has also deteriorated over the course of the season. Can I suggets that like many other things in our Club, you rip it up and start again?

Finally, I should like to address the issue of integrity so dear to our Club, its Supporters and particularly the Board. Can I suggets that Board, and in particular Mr Petrie, actually show some integrity and resign forthwith from all their positions, and indeed that Mr Butcher and his entire coaching staff, if indeed as I suspect they lack the integrity to do the honourable thing, are not given the opportunity to resign but are also dismissed without delay?

I look forward with interest to your response,

P.S. I am, like all too many due to the poor quality of the "product" on offer and the years of disdain with which supporters have now been treated, yet another lapsed season ticket holder.

easty
26-05-2014, 11:42 AM
There were nae paper towels in the toilet in the South lower yesterday. I had to dry my hands on my jeans. Can you send them another email mentioning that too?

DarlingtonHibee
26-05-2014, 11:45 AM
there were nae paper towels in the toilet in the south lower yesterday. I had to dry my hands on my jeans. Can you send them another email mentioning that too?

lol

Leith Mo
26-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Depends what "product" category it comes under?