PDA

View Full Version : Dempster

Jim44
26-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Assuming she will be at ER very soon, I wonder what her thoughts are on Petrie's decision to back Butcher. I wonder if she was consulted on the matter.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if she was there yesterday and saw the enormity of the task she is facing ?

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-05-2014, 11:54 AM
She'll be a puppet for Petrie to take all the flak at the next AGM whilst he stands at the back grinning like a simpleton.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 11:56 AM
....I hope you're wrong, I really do ........but I guess on recent history ..you're probably right

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I thought it was a great move to bring her in but if she's just gonna be a mouthpiece for Petrie she can do one.

Her first task should have been to empty Butcher but Petrie has already stopped that from happening. A total joke.

Beefster
26-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Assuming she will be at ER very soon, I wonder what her thoughts are on Petrie's decision to back Butcher. I wonder if she was consulted on the matter.

I'm fairly sure that she'll have had input to the decision.

She'll be a puppet for Petrie to take all the flak at the next AGM whilst he stands at the back grinning like a simpleton.

Pish. Dempster won't be anyone's puppet. You can be sure of that.

Hibs07p
26-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Maybe a wee bit unfair on Leeann, as she is not employed by us untill 01/06,
but she can be contacted directly through twitter and linkedin, about the enormity of the task in in hand.

https://twitter.com/LeeannDempster

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/leeann-dempster/9/90a/490

GGTTH

Enthusiasm fastly fading.

scuttle
26-05-2014, 12:33 PM

She will do as she is telt

emerald green
26-05-2014, 12:40 PM

If she had "input" to the decision to keep Butcher & Malpas, and agreed with it, that's her first big mistake. The decision may have been based on monetary considerations first and foremost, rather than footballing ones. So no change there then.

How do you know she won't be anyone's puppet? What do you base that statement on?

Beefster
26-05-2014, 12:43 PM
How do you know she won't be anyone's puppet? What do you base that statement on?

Facts. What are the statements that she'll be a puppet based on?

marinello59
26-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I thought it was a great move to bring her in but if she's just gonna be a mouthpiece for Petrie she can do one.

Her first task should have been to empty Butcher but Petrie has already stopped that from happening. A total joke.

Hoe do you know any of what you have written is true?
She's not even in the door yet, surely we are going to give her a chance? This club needs strong leaders, that means sometimes they have to make unpopular decisions and see them through.

emerald green
26-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Sorry what facts are these? Can you expand a bit please?

I never said she would be a puppet. In fact I very much hope that she's not or nothing is going to change is it? I made the point that if she agreed with keeping Butcher & Malpas for financial, rather than footballing reasons, there was no change there IMHO.

Lago
26-05-2014, 12:57 PM

How do you know? Have you had dealings with her that lead you to make your statement.

Greenblood70
26-05-2014, 01:55 PM
I think last nights statement compromised her a bit tbh. I can't believe she was consulted about that statement ( in all honesty it's hard to imagine any right thinking person ok'd that disaster).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marinello59
26-05-2014, 01:58 PM
I think last nights statement compromised her a bit tbh. I can't believe she was consulted about that statement ( in all honesty it's hard to imagine any right thinking person ok'd that disaster).

I don't think that statement compromises her in any way. It's Petrie that is left exposed after accepting responsibility but refusing to leave the club.

greenpaper55
26-05-2014, 01:59 PM

String maybe ?. we have to have a wee laugh now and again folks.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 02:02 PM
She has just arrived at East Mains.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2014, 02:03 PM

that statement will have been lying in petries jacket pocket for the last few days, the statement for staying up in one side and the relegation statement in the other, it would have been quite funny if he had got his pockets mixed up

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't think that statement compromises her in any way. It's Petrie that is left exposed after accepting responsibility but refusing to leave the club.I do, if she wisnae consulted she cannae come in and sack him now even if she disnae want him there because Petrie said he's staying. I'd say that already puts her in a bit of a position, wouldn't you? If she was consulted and agreed with the decision tae keep Butcher and that pile of patronising bull**** being released then it'll be mair of the same tae look forward tae at ER Which IMO it will be as long as that prick is there. Anyway they winnae get a brass razoo from me while that **** is still there

Greenblood70
26-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't think that statement compromises her in any way. It's Petrie that is left exposed after accepting responsibility but refusing to leave the club.

I disagree, it makes it appear that all the major shots ares still being called by Petrie. He is a control freak, there is no way he's not going to meddle and that statement last night proved it IMHO.

I hope I'm wrong as the news of her appointment was one of the few bits of good news in the last few months. I like the cut of her jib, she seems willing to get her hands dirty and get involved in the day to day affairs of the club and engage with the support. The kind of changes required are significant tho, and the fact Petrie will be looming in the background suggests to me he will still be the key decision maker.

I've tried to justify my opinion there but not sure if it comes across, it's the sheer frustration of yesterday and today!

emerald green
26-05-2014, 02:06 PM

But what exactly is Petrie "exposed" to if he simply refuses to leave the club? It seems to me he is bomb proof.

I really wish Leanne Dempster all the luck in the world. She is going to need it.

marinello59
26-05-2014, 02:10 PM
But what exactly is Petrie "exposed" to if he simply refuses to leave the club? It seems to me he is bomb proof.

I really wish Leanne Dempster all the luck in the world. She is going to need it.

Nobody is bomb proof. His very presence is toxic. Just read this thread to see how him being there leads to unwarranted criticism of our new Chief Executive before she is even in place. He quite simply has to go.

southsider
26-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I said on another thread that direct action will be the only way to FORCE these clowns from OUR club. I am still in favour of a demo next saturday..... then the Saturday after that until we build up enough momentum to get rid of the whole sorry bunch. This has worked with other clubs so why not ours ?

greenginger
26-05-2014, 02:24 PM
I've heard Dempster is a very strong personality and will take sh*t from no one.

I've also heard Petrie will be more than happy to take a back seat, do the SFA business and deal with the rest of STF's many business interests.

Petrie should still resign as Club chairman.

bingo70
26-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Petrie said in the statement he is needed to do the transition but what if he was hit by a bus tomorrow? (Any bus drivers out there, I'm not suggesting that you do so). Why is our club so reliant on one individual?

Imo he'd make dempsters job a lot easier if he was to just leave completely

emerald green
26-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Nobody is bomb proof. His very presence is toxic. Just read this thread to see how him being there leads to unwarranted criticism of our new Chief Executive before she is even in place. He quite simply has to go.

I'm not sure if you've misinterpreted my post. I have read this thread carefully. I agree with what you say about Petrie's presence being toxic and that he should go right now.

Any unwarranted criticism of Leanne Dempster before she has even got her foot in the door is crazy. That's not where I'm coming from I can assure you. I have great hope that she can improve things at ER. I do however believe that if she has agreed to Butcher retaining his position as manager this is a mistake. I'm not sure if that's unwarranted criticism. It's just my honest opinion.

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2014, 02:45 PM
If she somes in and says "sorry, our chairman got it wrong, Butcher's out" then fair play to her. Will show that she has a set.

Keep Butcher on and her judgement is as bad as Petrie's.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 02:52 PM
If she somes in and says "sorry, our chairman got it wrong, Butcher's out" then fair play to her. Will show that she has a set.

This.

AndyM_1875
26-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Rod will bugger off to Hampden and get his SFA Blazer whilst doing boring SFA committee work for the club.

Leann Dempster needs a complete free hand to revamp the club from top to bottom and if she chooses to hand Terry his jotters then so be it.

She needs to know what is good at out club which is a short list consisting of the facilities, the loyal behind the scenes staff at ER such as Sue McLernon, along with the U20s team and coach and some of the youth set up.
Plus a large loyal fan base whose patience has now worn thin.

Everything else is rotten and can be cleared out starting with the current Board and most of the First team along with Rod's budgetary controls.

WestStandMoaner
26-05-2014, 02:57 PM
I said on another thread that direct action will be the only way to FORCE these clowns from OUR club. I am still in favour of a demo next saturday..... then the Saturday after that until we build up enough momentum to get rid of the whole sorry bunch. This has worked with other clubs so why not ours ?

I am with you mate, direct action is required, as long as Petrie is involved in the club there will be no change, he is only interested in himself, it is unbelievable both Petrie and Butcher remain in their positions today, we need to force them out and as for anyone who thinks Butcher should get a chance, you need your head tested, he has got us relegated and should go

HKhibby
26-05-2014, 03:02 PM

She is definately not a puppet for anyone, i know someone here in HK who has connections with Motherwell and he has assured me that she is her own person, and a very professional business person.

Baker9
26-05-2014, 03:06 PM

From what I have heard about her she will be more than a match for Petrie and will not be bullied in that way that previous senior managers were. If she thinks Butcher is wrong for the job to be done I expect her to say so and to act on that. For that to happen she would need to be certain about a suitable replacement. The club is now a blank canvas on which someone can begin to create a great future. I can't think of any other likely candidate and will stick with TB's original concept of what is needed.

He got the winning of a few points completely wrong with poor team choices and his hammering of the existing players before we were mathematically clear of trouble. It's a brave new world we are entering and not for the faint hearted.

WhileTheChief..
26-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Sack Butcher and recommend to the board that Petrie be totally removed from the Club and she'll have my full support.

northgreen24
26-05-2014, 03:25 PM
If Dempster doesn't do what I think is best even though I have not the first idea about finance or running a club then she is just a puppet and can GTF:wink:

Seriously she has my full support and think she will do good things