PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernian F.C. official transfer ins and outs thread

Diclonius
26-05-2014, 10:24 AM
This is CONFIRMED transfer dealings only. Rumours can go on another thread.

So far:

In:

Out:
Kevin Thomson (released, 26 May)
James McPake (released, 26 May)
Paul Grant (released, 26 May)

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Bradley Donaldson out

Sean1875
26-05-2014, 11:01 AM
David Golds out

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Cairney away.

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Williams away
Murdoch away
McGivern away

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 11:04 AM
David Golds out
You won't be seeing any inns for a while Prudent Petrie will now see to that .

AlbertK86
26-05-2014, 11:05 AM

Week before the season starts 😉

nribs
26-05-2014, 11:05 AM
If this is official where can I read about it officially? Not doubting anyone btw

Sean1875
26-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Horribine released too

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:09 AM
The young players are saying there goodbyes on twitter. Not seen anything about Williams and mcgivern though yet.

staunchhibby
26-05-2014, 11:09 AM
All the best Kevin and James.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Williams, Taiwo, Cairney and Maybury gone according to SSN.

JDHibs
26-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Where are you finding all this out?

Alex Trager
26-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Craig also told to go on SSN

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Craig gone.

JimBHibees
26-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Craig gone.

Maybe some of these players had a clause in their contract allowing them or the club to terminate if relegated. Maybe for some a motivation to get relegated given some of the effort :rolleyes: put in yesterday.

Wonder if gone means gone, or gone means go and find another club but if you cant your contract is still here??

weonlywon6-2
26-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Craig gone.

Woohoo !

A clear out indeed

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:20 AM
It does make you wonder what butchers plan is. He's reportedly emptied half the 1st team with no sign of incoming players.

lucky
26-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Craig gone.

Will anyone notice?

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Woohoo !

A clear out indeed
But what's it costing us Think it's needed but unless they had clauses saying they would be freed if we went down we are eating into transfer budget for next year unless Sir Tom is footing the bill in order to give us a chance to come back up at first time of asking

Jonny1875
26-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Not being a dick but could the OP add confirmed departures ASAP to the Op just to keep things easy to read at the top and so we know what useless clampets are away.

Kato
26-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Will anyone notice?

I thought he was gone a while back but he had just found new places on the pitch to hide.

Asked to step up to the plate and be Hibernian Captain and found to be not up to the task.

Bye, door, erse, dinny let it hit you etc.

JimBHibees
26-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Will anyone notice?

Yep thought it had happened a few weeks back. The worst least inspiring Hibs captain ever. We are meant to be fighting for our lives and he is standing off the man and not closing down. No yellow cards yesterday says it all for that group.

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
But what's it costing us Think it's needed but unless they had clauses saying they would be freed if we went down we are eating into transfer budget for next year unless Sir Tom is footing the bill in order to give us a chance to come back up at first time of asking

Wouldn't be surprised if some players are quite happy to jump ship.

Weir7
26-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Craig gone.

No he hasn't

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if some players are quite happy to jump ship.
I know what you mean as it's clear they were not performing for T B but in this day and age players and agents look after the player and can't see them all just walking Away for nothing although you could argue they were in breach of contract and masquerading as Professional Footballers :wink:

weonlywon6-2
26-05-2014, 11:33 AM
No he hasn't

Boo,pretty boy says he has ,can we confirm yes or no please?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 11:34 AM

He was told he can find a new club.

BarneyK
26-05-2014, 11:34 AM

He means that some of them have been told they can leave. It doesn't necessarily follow that they have gone.

weonlywon6-2
26-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I know what you mean as it's clear they were not performing for T B but in this day and age players and agents look after the player and can't see them all just walking Away for nothing although you could argue they were in breach of contract and masquerading as Professional Footballers :wink:

No matter what way you look at it most need to go whether they are contracted or not.
Possibly been told you can stay and play in the reserves or go now,most will want to move on.

A complete clearout is no bad thing

h185forever
26-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Was reported as being told he could find another club ..not that he'd gone

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:36 AM

:) very true.

Amit
26-05-2014, 11:38 AM
No he hasn't

Apparently, Grant Stott has just said that Craig has been told to leave

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Is this a thread on OFFICIAL exits from the club or is it pure speculation?

Lang Toun Hibs
26-05-2014, 11:41 AM
No matter what way you look at it most need to go whether they are contracted or not.
Possibly been told you can stay and play in the reserves or go now,most will want to move on.

A complete clearout is no bad thing

As long as it includes the management team...sorry but can't see how they can continue.

Hiber-nation
26-05-2014, 11:42 AM

I don't think there are any OFFICIAL exits so far as our club is closed today....

Boyle89
26-05-2014, 11:48 AM
He's told Craig he can go? He made the man captain Ffs!!

East Coast Hibe
26-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm hearing that all out of contract players will not be kept on and almost all those still in contract will be told they can find a new club - with the exception of Harris, Cummings and Stanton. Now that's what you call a clear out!!

Dibben
26-05-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm hearing that all out of contract players will not be kept on and almost all those still in contract will be told they can find a new club - with the exception of Harris, Cummings and Stanton. Now that's what you call a clear out!!

I would agree with that - would like to see Forster stay, sure he'll come good with decent players around him!

leggeto
26-05-2014, 11:54 AM
One positive here it will be a busy transfer scene at hibs this summer

leggeto
26-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Could see this coming a mile away

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 11:56 AM

I'd be gutted if Hanlon left.

cwilliamson85
26-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Out of the squad all I would have kept was Harris, Cummings, Stanton, Hanlon and Williams. IMO a clear out was/is needed and that is what's happening. It will be interesting to see what happens next after the clear out.

Iceman1875
26-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Has Nelson gone yet!

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Barney McGrew
26-05-2014, 11:59 AM
So the squad as it looks just now for next season appears to comprise of Stanton, Cummings, Harris, Nelson and Hanlon.

hope they have plenty lined up to come in, and quickly.

QMU-1875
26-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I hope he has told them all to leave with exception of youth

SDavey1992
26-05-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9326554/scottish-football-james-mcpake-and-kevin-thomson-to-leave-hibernian

Interviews with McPake and Thomson for people interested. Both players really wanted to stay and both seem relatively bitter about how they were treated by butcher, especially McPake. Had no idea he was fully training for 10 weeks? Good luck to the both of them anyway. As long at KT Doesn't go to hearts, anyway.

Sumner
26-05-2014, 12:13 PM

Sky Sports News may be a source -
but the Club will say nothing much, no PR at ER
- total shambles, starting with King Rat Petrie

WeeCraigy
26-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Robertson staying according to his twitter

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Robert Hoof must be a target for us

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Has Nelson gone yet!

No news on admiral hoofball yet. I hoped he'd be first out.

Barney McGrew
26-05-2014, 12:15 PM
@scottrobbo8: To those asking about my future I am under contract for another year and will be reporting for pre season training at east mains.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Has Nelson gone yet!

Just saw him battling through the crowds at Waverley and boarding a train to Waterloo. I think he may have winked at me. :wink:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Robertson staying according to his twitter

Good news.

3pm
26-05-2014, 12:21 PM
@scottrobbo8: To those asking about my future I am under contract for another year and will be reporting for pre season training at east mains.

Bonus. :rolleyes: The most overrated guy in the squad (by a lot of people on here).

Sumner
26-05-2014, 12:22 PM

At least SR is letting us know.. unlike the PR disaster upstairs at ER
.. BUT step the F Up Scott, you are BETTER than this, prove it !!

anon1875
26-05-2014, 12:23 PM
If anyone one of you boo Kevin Thomson if he plays for Hearts against us I will attack you in the stands. How can someone go from getting a Scotland call up and a key player in the team to not even making the bench. Butcher's "my way or the high way" ultimatum. It's no wonder the players didn't buy in to it, launching the ball from full back to channel and expecting Collins to chase it down like a dog. It makes me sick.

WeeCraigy
26-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Good news.

I agree, never gives up and always gives his best, which will be good qualities for the championship next season.

Scouse Hibee
If anyone one of you boo Kevin Thomson if he plays for Hearts against us I will attack you in the stands. How can someone go from getting a Scotland call up and a key player in the team to not even making the bench. Butcher's "my way or the high way" ultimatum. It's no wonder the players didn't buy in to it, launching the ball from full back to channel and expecting Collins to chase it down like a dog. It makes me sick.

Shut up!

Keith_M

I hope so, cause that's what's REALLY needed.

Though I'd keep Hanlon, Stevenson and Williams as well. Unfortunately, I think Williams wants to go back to England.

nribs
26-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Bonus. :rolleyes: The most overrated guy in the squad (by a lot of people on here).

Put me in that camp then because I rate him as a player

blindsummit

Yep. Two weeks into pre-season friendlies there will be half a dozen cut price English non-league cast offs or the Scottish or Irish equivalent brought in. I have no expectations of any decent signings, especially not now we have been relegated. Any that might have been considering paying Petrie their own bus fare to sign for us will be off for sure now. Sorry for the negativity but we can only go by Petrie's past actions and that is how he works. Leopards don't change their spots and with relegation he now has the excuse he needs to be even more tight fisted.

Thecat23
If I was Thomson I'd be right off to hearts. The first derby I'd do everything in my power to win or score and ram it right up Terry.

hibbymark
26-05-2014, 12:26 PM

ooooaf its the boo police

Unseen work
Confirmed on official website that 14 players have left (including 3 on loan)

James.
14 out according to the official site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140526/out-of-contract-players_2262950_3858888

Alex Trager
26-05-2014, 12:27 PM
If I was Thomson I'd be right off to hearts. The first derby I'd do everything in my power to win or score and ram it right up Terry.

Waw. You wouldn't be interested in another team and not our bitter bitter rivals? Some hibby

Harpandcastle
26-05-2014, 12:28 PM

You might, I wouldn't. Last club on earth I'd play for especially if I'd had years of earning decent dough at Ibrox and down south.

MrRobot
26-05-2014, 12:28 PM
So im guessing Stevenson is being kept? Sure he was out on contract this year(or it might be next)

Hopefully this means he's staying.

Kato
26-05-2014, 12:29 PM

He might just do that.

If he's fit.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Waw. You wouldn't be interested in another team and not our bitter bitter rivals? Some hibby

If another team was interested yes. But I'd like to live in Edinburgh and I'm as much a hibs fan as you so don't give me that *****.

It's a job!!!

bawheid
26-05-2014, 12:33 PM

Really?

None of these players have shown the respect for the club that is required. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the gaffer, he's the GAFFER. You should get on with the job you're employers are paying you to do. Instead we've had months of stories leaking out of east mains like a sieve. As I said, a complete lack of respect for Hibernian FC.

Guys on the inside leaking the 1st team before every match. It's been an utter disgrace for the last six months.

Butcher will be in charge and that's how it should be. Anyone not buying into it can go. And not before time.

danhibees1875
26-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Official site has 14 gone. Need a few more. ...

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Really?

None of these players have shown the respect for the club that is required. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the gaffer, he's the GAFFER. You should get on with the job you're employers are paying you to do. Instead we've had months of stories leaking out of east mains like a sieve. As I said, a complete lack of respect for Hibernian FC.

Guys on the inside leaking the 1st team before every match. It's been an utter disgrace for the last six months.

Butcher will be in charge and that's how it should be. Anyone not buying into it can go. And not before time.

Like I've said, clean out defo needed including the management but Thomson would be one I'd have kept. All about opinions.

neil7908
I'm slightly confused about some of the names being mentioned - are these folk that have definitely left the club? Or just told they can go?

I cant find anything to confirm the club have announced departures yet although I am aware there was talk that Butcher would sit down with the players today to discuss their futures.

Btw I'm not having a dig at any posters, its great when folk in the know provide info but I'm just not clear with some of these posts where they are coming from

EDIT - just seen the official site now...

HibsNutter
To the people complaining about the fact we will sign cheap players, how much do you think McKay, Doran, etc cost? We shouldn't moan straight away when we inevitably sign players we've never heard of, because there's a chance they'll come good.

leggeto
26-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Needs to go,panic merchant with a ball at his feet

Cropley10
26-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Where did you hear this??

I'm slightly confused about some of the names being mentioned - are these folk that have definitely left the club? Or just told they can go?

I cant find anything to confirm the club have announced departures yet although I am aware there was talk that Butcher would sit down with the players today to discuss their futures.

Btw I'm not having a dig at any posters, its great when folk in the know provide info but I'm just not clear with some of these posts where they are coming from.

Announcement on official site, thread on Main Board.

Hiber-nation
26-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Btw I'm not having a dig at any posters, its great when folk in the know provide info but I'm just not clear with some of these posts where they are coming from.

Out of contract players leaving here:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140526/out-of-contract-players_2262950_3858888

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Is the 50% wages true for the remaining players?

LALthehibeeGAL
26-05-2014, 12:41 PM

Btw I'm not having a dig at any posters, its great when folk in the know provide info but I'm just not clear with some of these posts where they are coming from

EDIT - just seen the official site now...

from the fishal site

Hibernian FC can confirm that the following players who are out of contract have not been offered terms of re-engagement:
Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
James McPake
Alan Maybury
Bradley Donaldson
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
David Gold
Dean Horribine
Kevin Thomson

Loan players Daniel Boateng, Danny Haynes and Duncan Watmore all return to their parent clubs.
The Club would like to thank the players for their service to the Club

cheers

Lal:wink:

leggeto
26-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Out of contract players leaving here:

That's some list by the way pity about Ben he's the one I'd have kept but he will be aiming higher than the championship

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Thought Murdoch might have been kept on as number 1 in light of our situation.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-05-2014, 12:48 PM
And McGivern still with us?

Unbelievable to say the least, he'd have been my first out the door.

Steven_Hibs
26-05-2014, 12:49 PM
I'd be gutted if Hanlon left.

How? He's garbage.

hfcok
26-05-2014, 12:50 PM
What about Nelson thought he was out of contract at end of season.

GreenPJ
26-05-2014, 12:51 PM
And McGivern still with us?

Unbelievable to say the least, he'd have been my first out the door.

McGivern and Nelson must be shown the door. Am guessing they have only officially announced the out of contract situation but hope/expect that these two will follow out the door in early June.

ALF TUPPER
26-05-2014, 12:54 PM

Och behave yourself :rolleyes:

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2014, 12:56 PM
What about Nelson thought he was out of contract at end of season.

He was given a two year deal :faf:

neil7908
26-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately the list doesn't include the bulk of the players responsible for our demise - I'm really worried we are going to have to pay off half a team or keep them on the books for next season as can't see many club taking players off our hands

Sunny Leith
26-05-2014, 01:03 PM
At the moment it appears Petrie, Butcher, Collins, McGivern, Nelson and aimless hoofball are all here to stay - there is no awakening from this nightmare! Fair to say I will not be back for a while!

Tonez
26-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Liam Craig back to St Johnstone is what I've heard.

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Thing that gets me is most the players were proven at spl level but never shown it for us.

The players we have should excel in the championship

neil7908
26-05-2014, 01:09 PM

If true, I bet he ends up doing really well for them next season.

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 01:12 PM
If true, I bet he ends up doing really well for them next season.

He's a good player. Regarded as a legend at St J. I hope we hold on to him.

Green Fish
26-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Sorry, can't agree, biggest disappointment of the year, abysmal and that's being kind

steviehibsleith
26-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately the list doesn't include the bulk of the players responsible for our demise - I'm really worried we are going to have to pay off half a team or keep them on the books for next season as can't see many club taking players off our hands

Have no fear they will be on a huge pay cut for their failure and it is in their contracts. People live within their means if you were suddenly told as of tomorrow you will take a 50% wage cut I would be looking for a new employer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

delbert
26-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I hope so, cause that's what's REALLY needed.

Though I'd keep Hanlon, Stevenson and Williams as well. Unfortunately, I think Williams wants to go back to England.

Everyones entitled to an opinion but people advocating a clear out and then adding that they would like to hold onto mediocre serial loser journeyman like Stevenson and Hanlon utterly baffle me. Throughout our slide into oblivion over the past few years, these guys in particular along with countless others have been the cause of our demise, Hanlon has been bullied off the ball in one on one situations by every centre forward in the SPL and SPFL for 5 seasons and Stevensons main attribute and apparent saving grace is that he runs around a lot and that John Collins once gave him a man of the match !

If this is what qualifies guys to be Hibs players then clearly I'm right out of touch because as well as commitment which I don't doubt from either, there also has to be talent and ability which both lack in abundance. Our defensive stats last year were utterly abysmal, our midfield were too often posted missing and as for our forwards, just laughable. Clearout from top to bottom and please start with every first team defender on the books !

stubru59
26-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Everyones entitled to an opinion but people advocating a clear out and then adding that they would like to hold onto mediocre serial loser journeyman like Stevenson and Hanlon utterly baffle me. Throughout our slide into oblivion over the past few years, these guys in particular along with countless others have been the cause of our demise, Hanlon has been bullied off the ball in one on one situations by every centre forward in the SPL and SPFL for 5 seasons and Stevensons main attribute and apparent saving grace is that he runs around a lot and that John Collins once gave him a man of the match !

If this is what qualifies guys to be Hibs players then clearly I'm right out of touch because as well as commitment which I don't doubt from either, there also has to be talent and ability which both lack in abundance. Our defensive stats last year were utterly abysmal, our midfield were too often posted missing and as for our forwards, just laughable. Clearout from top to bottom and please start with every first team defender on the books !

Spot on.

Kato
26-05-2014, 01:31 PM
He's a good player.

...in what position?

Regarded as a legend at St J.

...for doing what?

I hope we hold on to him.

...over a bridge for a few seconds before letting him fall?

Kato
26-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Everyones entitled to an opinion but people advocating a clear out and then adding that they would like to hold onto mediocre serial loser journeyman like Stevenson and Hanlon utterly baffle me.

I stopped saying as much about Stevenson and Hanlon a good few years ago as it just caused grief on this board.

Neither good enough for Hibs and never have been.

Col2
26-05-2014, 01:38 PM
I stopped saying as much about Stevenson and Hanlon a good few years ago as it just caused grief on this board.

But probably good enough for the championship and provide some experience. We must be confident we can bring in better AND in volume.

MB62
26-05-2014, 01:41 PM

There is not ONE player in that current squad that is good enough for the first team. I include Sam Stanton and Jason Cummings in that comment as I feel they are still young laddies learning their trade.
I'm afraid Alex Harris is going to have to find himself another trade, knitting jerseys or something, although the big needles might frighten him too, along with his own shadow.

heretoday
26-05-2014, 01:44 PM

Stevenson had a blinder for Hibs in the League Cup win in 2007. He's been deployed as a full back mostly since then instead of fulfilling his midfield potential.

I really think a change of club would benefit him.

Aldo
26-05-2014, 01:44 PM

When?? I will pick him up and drop him off no probs.

Aldo
26-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Nope he's a coward and should never if been made Capt. Hides and has shirked responsibility for months on end.... In fact I'd go as far as to say an empty jersey.

SteveHFC
26-05-2014, 01:49 PM
When?? I will pick him up and drop him off no probs.

I'll pay for the petrol :agree:

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 01:50 PM
How? He's garbage.

He was much better than anything else we've had while he's been here and much better than anyone we'll be able to attract to the championship.

AlbertK86
26-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Everyones entitled to an opinion but people advocating a clear out and then adding that they would like to hold onto mediocre serial loser journeyman like Stevenson and Hanlon utterly baffle me. Throughout our slide into oblivion over the past few years, these guys in particular along with countless others have been the cause of our demise, Hanlon has been bullied off the ball in one on one situations by every centre forward in the SPL and SPFL for 5 seasons and Stevensons main attribute and apparent saving grace is that he runs around a lot and that John Collins once gave him a man of the match ! If this is what qualifies guys to be Hibs players then clearly I'm right out of touch because as well as commitment which I don't doubt from either, there also has to be talent and ability which both lack in abundance. Our defensive stats last year were utterly abysmal, our midfield were too often posted missing and as for our forwards, just laughable. Clearout from top to bottom and please start with every first team defender on the books !

Correct

NOLA
26-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Are fulham still interested in paying 1m for Hanlon ;)

Kato
26-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Stevenson had a blinder for Hibs in the League Cup win in 2007. He's been deployed as a full back mostly since then instead of fulfilling his midfield potential.

I really think a change of club would benefit him.

No player can carry a career on one good game.

FWIW I think both are honest professionals who try their hardest.

Their hardest just isn't good enough and never has been. Every derby game they came out with fear in their eyes, beat before kick-off.

I can understand how some younger fans like them as they do try and I don't bracket them with some of the imposters we've had/have, but for me not the standard we need.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 01:53 PM
The senior pros can all go for all I care. This squad collectively brought disgrace upon the club.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Nope he's a coward and should never if been made Capt. Hides and has shirked responsibility for months on end.... In fact I'd go as far as to say an empty jersey.

Good at losing his footing, pointing, arguing with refs, not chasing back, getting caught out of position - occasionally scores a goal, scored a derby winner - shareholder in the Venga Bus.

That is Liam Craig's Hibernian FC career.

I hope it's a Hibs career that ends today.

I'm however reeling in shock that Nelson is still here :panic: can we not do a direct debit scheme akin to Hearts whereby instead of putting money in the kitty for players we put it in to pay them off :greengrin would be the best money I ever spent seeing that useless **** leave Hibs :aok:

Kato
26-05-2014, 02:03 PM
can we not do a direct debit scheme akin to Hearts whereby instead of putting money in the kitty for players we put it in to pay them off

That's been our season ticket money for the last 4-5 years.

shagpile
26-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Are fulham still interested in paying 1m for Hanlon ;)

Yup! & Benji has signed for Real Madrid.:thumbsup:

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Good at losing his footing, pointing, arguing with refs, not chasing back, getting caught out of position - occasionally scores a goal, scored a derby winner - shareholder in the Venga Bus.

That is Liam Craig's Hibernian FC career.

I hope it's a Hibs career that ends today.

I'm however reeling in shock that Nelson is still here :panic: can we not do a direct debit scheme akin to Hearts whereby instead of putting money in the kitty for players we put it in to pay them off :greengrin would be the best money I ever spent seeing that useless **** leave Hibs :aok:
Keep me updated on this. I'm in.

IanFaeClerrie
26-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Everyones entitled to an opinion....... Stevensons main attribute and apparent saving grace is that he runs around a lot and that John Collins once gave him a man of the match !

He has the best first touch in the team, he is the best tackler, he is the fittest, he is one of our fastest players, he plays first touch, he does pass and move better than anyone in our team, he is our best through ball passer, he anticipates, he takes risks, he is one of the few creative players we have. He is not the best player in the world but he is the best player remaining in our team now that KT has left

Borderhibbie76
26-05-2014, 02:37 PM

110% Aldo...absolute coward of a capt and disgrace to the jersey. ...door ars# on way out etc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PatHead
26-05-2014, 02:39 PM
He has the best first touch in the team, he is the best tackler, he is the fittest, he is one of our fastest players, he plays first touch, he does pass and move better than anyone in our team, he is our best through ball passer, he anticipates, he takes risks, he is one of the few creative players we have. He is not the best player in the world but he is the best player remaining in our team now that KT has left

Do you want the name of a good optician? Agree he tries but he is not good enough and never will be.............

eastterrace
26-05-2014, 02:45 PM
your having a laugh he cant beat a man he cant header a ball he scored two goals in 2oo odd games , he slows the play down then passes back to craig who in turn passes back to mcgivern who then has no option put to punt into the channels.

trev the hat
26-05-2014, 03:17 PM
So do we know the list of players told they can leave if they find a club ?

mcfly
26-05-2014, 03:21 PM

Dearie me.... We're you there yesterday???

I despair With some of the posts on here at times.

gegs70
26-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Wasn't wotherspoon.a good player to when deployed behind the strikers....the hibs played hibs as a right back and in right midfield. Similar happened to Stevenson got plaudits for midfield so.we move him to playing a fullback....ah well....let's.hope we get some quality through the door.

Ricky Bobby
26-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Just read the list of players who are away, who in their right mind would get rid of Murdoch and Williams? I just hope in the coming days Craig, Nelson and Mcgivern are also away.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Just read the list of players who are away, who in their right mind would get rid of Murdoch and Williams? I just hope in the coming days Craig, Nelson and Mcgivern are also away.

Williams has wanted away for months.

Ricky Bobby
26-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Williams has wanted away for months.
Did'nt know that mate, can't really blame the guy.

Tricla
26-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Stevenson and hanlon serial journeymen? They've only had one club.

mcfly
26-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Stevenson and hanlon serial journeymen? They've only had one club.

Ok 1 club but how many managers have they helped get the sack??

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Ok 1 club but how many managers have they helped get the sack??

Have a lie down. :hilarious

They're probably the only 2 never to kick up a fuss.

mcfly
26-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Good post pal I feel for you

Aldo
26-05-2014, 04:14 PM
It's remarkable and quite galling that despite other players being worse and showing no commitment or effort that 2 names keep popping up when the ***** hits the fan.

Lewis Stevenson and Paul Hanlon.

They might not be world beaters but at least they care and try.

That might not be enough for some but I'd rather have a team full of Players like them than players like Craig and McGivern.

It's been posted that they have been present whilst X amount of managers have been sacked...... Is it not the case that they are proper professionals and when there is a change they just get on with it... Train harder etc and the manager sees this.

Maybe that's the reason they e been at the club so long!!!

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 04:18 PM
It's remarkable and quite galling that despite other players being worse and showing no commitment or effort that 2 names keep popping up when the ***** hits the fan.

That might not be enough for some but I'd rather have a team full of Players like them than players like Craig and McGivern.

It's been posted that they have been present whilst X amount of managers have been sacked...... Is it not the case that they are proper professionals and when there is a change they just get on with it... Train harder etc and the manager sees this.

:agree:

If they were so bad, the would have been shot of by now by one of the previous incumbents.

SMAXXA
26-05-2014, 04:32 PM

dont think either of them are top quality by any stretch of the imagination but these 2 are simply beyond singling them out. For me I have loads of respect for both of these guys and they will be hurting us much as most of us. People to single them out is simply wrong IMO. We've missed Hanlon since he got injured and I believe he has come on a fair bit this year and will hopefully get better. Lewis I actually thought his best performances were when he played left mid.

HarpyHibby
26-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Danny Handling has said on twitter he's got a year left on his contract and isn't expecting to be going anywhere.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 04:38 PM

!!!

I want to win not care and try - too soft.

IanFaeClerrie
26-05-2014, 04:54 PM
your having a laugh he cant beat a man he cant header a ball . I'll not correct your punctuation which is my limited response to your dismissive tone. How many crosses did we put in yesterday and how many came from Lewis? How many times did we get to the by-line and how many times was that Lewis? I assume you missed the only person to beat both M-A-C and Jason Scotland at the same time in the air. Getting rid of Lewis would be way down the list of Hibs players by anyone who has ever coached a football team.

patlowe
26-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Wasn't wotherspoon.a good player to when deployed behind the strikers....the hibs played hibs as a right back and in right midfield. Similar happened to Stevenson got plaudits for midfield so.we move him to playing a fullback....ah well....let's.hope we get some quality through the door.

I'm not suggesting that any of our recent managers have had great judgement but I really feel if Stevenson was ever going to make it as a central midfielder he would've done so by now as his performances on the park and in training would have demanded it. He's a decent back up in a number of positions but not outstanding in any unfortunately.

As for the 2007 cup final, he had a good game, a very good game in fact. But he slotted into an incredible midfield which kept the ball and passed well, full backs always showing for it and stretching the game, and forwards who would take the ball into feet in high pressure situations (ah, probably not the best time to think about how good that team was). I may be being unfair but I think that allowed him to look slightly better than he has turned out to be.

I should stress that I do like him as a player and would probably have no qualms with keeping him on.

IanFaeClerrie
26-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Lewis I actually thought his best performances were when he played left mid. and really we should not be surprised at that because he a midfielder

number9dream
26-05-2014, 05:25 PM

I reckon most will have been told it's a hefty pay cut (hopefully there are the requisite clauses in contracts) or find a new club.
Craig will definitely get an offer from a Premier team (and probably thrive, as another poster has said already).
OTJ & McGivern could maybe con their way into an English League One side using their international credentials.
Now we are entering the realms of wishful thinking; a coaching role somewhere for Nelson?
I can see us stuck with Collins, Heff, Robbo & Stevenson.

eastterrace
26-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I'll not correct your punctuation which is my limited response to your dismissive tone. How many crosses did we put in yesterday and how many came from Lewis? How many times did we get to the by-line and how many times was that Lewis? I assume you missed the only person to beat both M-A-C and Jason Scotland at the same time in the air. Getting rid of Lewis would be way down the list of Hibs players by anyone who has ever coached a football team.

mince , its a forum mate not a school report card. so take your punctuation and stick it were the sun dont shine.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 05:56 PM
The only coaching role Nelson should get at ER is driving the team bus .......and he might no even be good enough for that !

Amit
26-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Squad List

Callum Booth
3Ryan McGivern
4Paul Hanlon
5Michael Nelson
7Alex Harris
8Scott Robertson
10Liam Craig
14James Collins
16Lewis Stevenson
17Owain Tudur Jones
19Danny Handling
23Jordon Forster
24Paul Heffernan
26Sam Stanton
27Abdellah Zoubir (on loan from )
29Ross Caldwell
35Jason Cummings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heidtheba
26-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I reckon most will have been told it's a hefty pay cut (hopefully there are the requisite clauses in contracts) or find a new club.
Craig will definitely get an offer from a Premier team (and probably thrive, as another poster has said already).
OTJ & McGivern could maybe con their way into an English League One side using their international credentials.
Now we are entering the realms of wishful thinking; a coaching role somewhere for Nelson?
I can see us stuck with Collins, Heff, Robbo & Stevenson.

Oh please God no... Really feel for those who can and do turn up to the games and have to rely on a central defence of him and McGivern.

OsloHibs
26-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Why get rid of Murdoch :confused:

mcculloch1875
26-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Squad List

Callum Booth
3Ryan McGivern
4Paul Hanlon
5Michael Nelson
7Alex Harris
8Scott Robertson
10Liam Craig
14James Collins
16Lewis Stevenson
17Owain Tudur Jones
19Danny Handling
23Jordon Forster
24Paul Heffernan
26Sam Stanton
27Abdellah Zoubir (on loan from )
29Ross Caldwell
35Jason Cummings

that squad makes for grim reading, no chance of promotion with that.

Amit
26-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Surprised Zoubir is still here? Does his loan run til Xmas or something. Would've expected him to be on the OOC list.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Surprised Zoubir is still here? Does his loan run til Xmas or something. Would've expected him to be on the OOC list.

Zoubir went home 3 week ago. Has Caldwell got another year on his deal?

Amit
26-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Zoubir went home 3 week ago. Has Caldwell got another year on his deal?

Cheers. Wondered what happened to him!

DanTheMan
26-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Why get rid of Murdoch :confused:

I can't understand this either

leithsansiro
26-05-2014, 07:54 PM

:agree:

Ringothedog
26-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Www.Hibernianfc.co.uk has the full list

spike220
26-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Www.Hibernianfc.co.uk (http://Www.Hibernianfc.co.uk) has the full list

Hibernian FC can confirm that the following players who are out of contract have not been offered terms of re-engagement:
Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
James McPake
Alan Maybury
Bradley Donaldson
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
David Gold
Dean Horribine
Kevin Thomson

Loan players Daniel Boateng, Danny Haynes and Duncan Watmore all return to their parent clubs.

coldingham hibs
26-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
James McPake
Alan Maybury
Bradley Donaldson
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
David Gold
Dean Horribine
Kevin Thomson

Interesting looking at that list of players being released, only 2 of them Williams & Maybury have played on a regular basis and started in Sunday's debacle. Does this mean that Butcher is happy to retain the other 9 players?. Very worrying indeed.

In my opinion only 2 players in that Starting 11 should be retained, Stanton & Cummings.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Interesting looking at that list of players being released, only 2 of them Williams & Maybury have played on a regular basis and started in Sunday's debacle. Does this mean that Butcher is happy to retain the other 9 players?. Very worrying indeed.

In my opinion only 2 players in that Starting 11 should be retained, Stanton & Cummings.

after he told most of them they were rank, i would guess no....maybe the contracts that they have is making it pretty difficult to shift them, i'm sure he would love to see quite a few from that team yesterday shifted on