PDA

View Full Version : Thank you and good luck James McPake

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Absolutely gutted he's going and he didn't get to play a part in trying to keep us up. He is a good defender when fully fit, in my opinion and is a fantastic leader and captain.

Thank you for keeping us up 2 years ago, because without you we were going down. You gave us what we had missed for so long - Fight, grit, determination, leadership and it rubbed off on everyone around you.

I cannot thank you enough for your efforts James, especially when you first arrived and last season. I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do, whether that's in football or not. You will always be held in high regard around here, don't forget that. I hope you continue to support us as a fan and possibly even return as a coach/manager or an assistant when you have experience. You're Hibs through and through.

If you are reading this. Thank you, Captain and good luck. We will miss you. #leader

(Keep the posts positive guys) :aok:

GreenArmyyy!
26-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I second this. I don't think I have ever seen a player single handedly drag a team away from the brink with some quite sensational performances. Tremendous leader and I am happy to have ever seen him in the green and white. Best of luck James and well done for getting out while you can.

Billychaotic182
26-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Is he defenetly leaving? When fit he is our best center half. We missed his grit

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Is he defenetly leaving? When fit he is our best center half. We missed his grit

Yep he was just on SSN saying Butchdr has told him and KT they're not in his plans.

ManBearPig
26-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Agree with above wish your back wasnt so bad could really have done with you for big parts of the season. All the best.

Steven_Hibs
26-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Yep he was just on SSN saying Butchdr has told him and KT they're not in his plans.

Not in Butchers plans? What plans. Hoof ball? Shocking decision

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Absolutely gutted he's going and he didn't get to play a part in trying to keep us up. He is a good defender when fully fit, in my opinion and is a fantastic leader and captain.

Thank you for keeping us up 2 years ago, because without you we were going down. You gave us what we had missed for so long - Fight, grit, determination, leadership and it rubbed off on everyone around you.

I cannot thank you enough for your efforts James, especially when you first arrived and last season. I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do, whether that's in football or not. You will always be held in high regard around here, don't forget that. I hope you continue to support us as a fan and possibly even return as a coach/manager or an assistant when you have experience. You're Hibs through and through.

If you are reading this. Thank you, Captain and good luck. We will miss you. #leader

Wow

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2014, 10:16 AM

:top marks

Centre Hawf
26-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Butcher has a plan?!

booshsutton
26-05-2014, 10:23 AM
McPake is exacly the sort of player/leader we need for next season, committed to the cause & inspires those around him (caveat, when fully fit). I was saying to the boys in the pub after the game that Hibs should be signing him up for the fight in the Championship.

lucky
26-05-2014, 10:26 AM
When fit both are good players but not fit enough off the time. Both will be on decent money which we probably can't afford now we are down a league

h185forever
26-05-2014, 10:29 AM
He was just what we needed when he signed ....and what we needed recently ,.and going forward ...i cant say im shocked but I am very disappointed in how we treat good servants of the club !!

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Nearly everyone that mentions McPake adds (when fully fit) into their comment...........................don't they realise that is the problem, well rid in my opinon.

sh00byd00
26-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Although I'm sad to see McPake go, I think we're needing to slash the wage budget for next season and I'll assume he's one of the higher earners. I don't think we fully expected to go down and as such there will be more wage shedding before next season. Some of it is going to be painful and the worst part is, the players who we've been slating this season are probably the lower earners so we're going to be stuck with most of them in the championship.

Scottie
26-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Wow
My feelings exactly Scouse
Out pouring of love for a guy who's been average at best and had more injuries as an extra in Platoon :confused:

SunshineOnLeith
26-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Nearly everyone that mentions McPake adds (when fully fit) into their comment...........................don't they realise that is the problem, well rid in my opinon.

Could say exactly the same about Thomson.

Baader
26-05-2014, 10:38 AM
One of the few who can hold his head up when he leaves this club. We wouldn't be in this mess if he had stayed injury free. Wish him all the best

Nutmegged
26-05-2014, 10:42 AM
McPake has become a better player with every month that passes that he doesn't play, that being said he is head and shoulders better than Michael Nelson and Ryan McGivern

Wish him all the best though, wasn't a good player but was a long way from being the worst.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Could say exactly the same about Thomson.

:agree: Him too

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 10:49 AM
My feelings exactly Scouse
Out pouring of love for a guy who's been average at best and had more injuries as an extra in Platoon :confused:

Sentimental rubbish, another player remembered only for his brief decent spell, the rest has been erased to hold him up as some sort of hero.

easty
26-05-2014, 10:52 AM
McPake has become a better player with every month that passes that he doesn't play, that being said he is head and shoulders better than Michael Nelson and Ryan McGivern

Wish him all the best though, wasn't a good player but was a long way from being the worst.

Agree with the bit in bold. I don't think he's much, if any, better than Nelson and McGivern though.

midfield_maestro
26-05-2014, 10:52 AM
The man was a bomb scare - wouldn't tackle standing up when he could slide in or take a diving header. Like one of those kids in the playground who are obsessed with making last minute heroic tackles, usually unnecessarily.

Having said all that, probably exactly the sort of character we need to drag us out of the Championship.

leggeto
26-05-2014, 10:54 AM

But not his ability, always went to ground last ditch and most of the time never made it,saying that I wish him good luck and full fitness,he could have done a job for us in the championship

CRAZYHIBBY
26-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Not good enough imo

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 10:58 AM
But not his ability, always went to ground last ditch and most of the time never made it,saying that I wish him good luck and full fitness,he could have done a job for us in the championship

He was playing with a serious injury, thats why he was so off pace. He was our best defender when he first arrived here and was fit.

It was his leadership skills that kept us up in 2011/12. Something we missed out on this season IMO.

FitbaFolkKen
26-05-2014, 11:01 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9326460/mcpake:-not-just-the-players'-fault

The man seems gutted he didn't get to play.

All the best James.

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm surprised that he isn't in Butcher's plans as McPake was captain Hoofball (when he was fit)

Thought Butcher would appreciate a guy that can boot it 50 yards to an opposition defender :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm surprised that he isn't in Butcher's plans as McPake was captain Hoofball (when he was fit)

Thought Butcher would appreciate a guy that can boot it 50 yards to an opposition defender :wink:

If you don't have anything nice to say don't other saying anything at all.

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Absolutely terrible health problems meant we never saw how good he could have been. His willingness to play through painkilling injections and the kindness he showed my daughter while making time to chat and sign her flag means I'll remember him well.

I'm sorry to see this thread get negative.

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 11:04 AM
He was playing with a serious injury, thats why he was so off pace. He was our best defender when he first arrived here and was fit.

It was his leadership skills that kept us up in 2011/12. Something we missed out on this season IMO.

This.

leggeto
26-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Agree he was good when he got his contract and well deserved aswell, don't know how he hit such bad form,maybe too much good football on the deck and more strikers with pace found him out

MB62
26-05-2014, 11:22 AM
McPake was no superstar and I'm not sorry to see him leave, not sorry to see ANY of them leave, with no exceptions. However given our troubles this season, especially the chopping and changing due to injuries suspension and just sheer poor ability, McPake was definitely worth a game, IF, as he says, he was fit to play.
It is very obvious from his interview that the players consider Butcher to be as much as a problem as the players were in all this farce.

staunchhibby
26-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Money will be saved as the players that are left are liable to have a big drop in there salaries due to being relegated

heretoday
26-05-2014, 12:47 PM
According to McPake he was fully fit yesterday.

He couldn't have done any worse than Messrs Hoddit and Doddit at the back.

MB62
26-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Absolutely terrible health problems meant we never saw how good he could have been. His willingness to play through painkilling injections and the kindness he showed my daughter while making time to chat and sign her flag means I'll remember him well.

I'm sorry to see this thread get negative.

Not a lot to be positive about at ER at the moment, in fact there's NOTHING to be positive about. James came to us with a medical history regarding his back and if he didn't have that problem, would have been playing down south for some club that would pay him more than we could.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 02:16 PM
My feelings for McPake have been well documented on this site and I really wonder what the likes of BMD is on when he can post sentimental guff like that.
However, I wish James McPake nothing but good wishes for his future career and I hope that he can get himself fixed up with another club and be the success he no doubt wants to be. Good luck James.

bawheid
26-05-2014, 02:21 PM
No tears for anyone that leaves. The great pity is that they weren't emptied earlier. Failures, the lot of them.

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 02:25 PM
I wish him well but I'm not in the least sorry to see him go.

In the last two years, he has contributed very little to the club. Mostly not his fault but we just can't afford players that are persistently injured.

TheFamous1875
26-05-2014, 02:30 PM
No tears for anyone that leaves. The great pity is that they weren't emptied earlier. Failures, the lot of them.

Our club is the biggest failure. These players were hung out to dry by the shocking squad they were in and the tactics given to them (or lack there of). You need leaders in every part of the squad to bring out the best in their teammates - we don't have one in any part of the squad.

None of these players are integral leaders and they were set up to fail as they weren't good enough to take charge. Not one of them has the special qualities required to be a main player for Hibernian F.C. They miss heart, desire, commitment, teamwork and confidence. The whole establishment that is our club was destined to fail and we've followed procedure. Those at the helm should be ashamed of theirselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chrisski33
26-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Our club is the biggest failure. These players were hung out to dry by the shocking squad they were in and the tactics given to them (or lack there of). You need leaders in every part of the squad to bring out the best in their teammates - we don't have one in any part of the squad.

None of these players are integral leaders and they were set up to fail as they weren't good enough to take charge. Not one of them has the special qualities required to be a main player for Hibernian F.C. They miss heart, desire, commitment, teamwork and confidence. The whole establishment that is our club was destined to fail and we've followed procedure. Those at the helm should be ashamed of theirselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Errrr no these players arent good enough and has been proved

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 02:59 PM

He's now unemployed, that's what he and his agent will be saying from now until he signs with someone.

Like many Hibs players, talks a good game, doesn't play a good game. Christ we'd win the Champions League for football rhetoric and spin.

Baldy Foghorn
26-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Exactly, and IIRC was collecting plenty complaints from posters on here when he was playing......

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 04:11 PM
McPake was no superstar and I'm not sorry to see him leave, not sorry to see ANY of them leave, with no exceptions. However given our troubles this season, especially the chopping and changing due to injuries suspension and just sheer poor ability, McPake was definitely worth a game, IF, as he says, he was fit to play.
It is very obvious from his interview that the players consider Butcher to be as much as a problem as the players were in all this farce.

Butcher told McPake he wasn't fit enough.

silverhibee
26-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Not according to the manager.