PDA

View Full Version : Back to basics

Expecting Rain
26-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Yesterday was the accumulation of sustained mediocrity, Petrie, Butcher and co plus the so called experienced players should depart asap.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Yesterday was the accumulation of sustained mediocrity, Petrie, Butcher and co plus the so called experienced players should depart asap.

As as you suggest this has been coming for about 5 years now and clearly something has to change.

im bewildered by the successive managers, coaches and players, with the odd exception like griffiths, who have not been able to shake off the malaise that has engulfed our club over that period.

Weve hand reasonable SPFL players come who looked good elsewhere and then turned out to be tom tit at ER....but once they've left they turn good again ......what causes that ?
if it was the same mgr / coach it would be more understandable.....

we we as fans have had a part to play in this wether we like it or not ..the players are frightened to play at ER .....even though as professionals they should be able to rise above it

i honestly think that if we want all these other changes to take place then we need to change too and get and stay behind the players/ managers , whoever they are .......its the club we support not them really .

someone posted recently on another thread that they are transient parts of our history but we and the club are always there......so let's do our part too

GGTHH

Expecting Rain
26-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I''ve tried to be positive in a hopeless situation and will continue to support the team but yesterday was a brdge too far regards keeping my mouth shut.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I dont disagree with you jack .....just think there are one or two more suspects in the frame

Expecting Rain
26-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I dont disagree with you jack .....just think there are one or two more suspects in the frame

Agree mate, what is the point of being a professional if you are scared of your job and the challenges that it brings.

Leith Mo
26-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Well-written article by Tom English on BBC website says it all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27569763