PDA

View Full Version : Any chance the SPFL will be forced into a rethink in the summer?

spike220
26-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Any chance the SPFL will be forced into a rethink in the summer for $$$$ reasons, and move to a 18 team league.

I cant think there will be much worth watching in the SPFL now. Or is that just my green tinted sun glasses.

leggeto
26-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Nah we're down on merit and deserve it,we need to rebuild

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 08:15 AM
If you remove Celtc it's a wide open league, anyone can finish second and anyone could be relegated. However outside Celtc and Abderdeen no games will have a larger attendance than about 6000.

The media should not be celebrating the fact there are no Edinburgh teams in the SPFL Premiership, this is a disaster.

Losing Hibs and Hearts at the same time is equivalent money loss as losing Rangers was.

Coco Bryce
The Championship will be the big draw next season :greengrin

Islington Hibs
We fully deserve it. How we now respond to our self inflicted wound is the question.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I'd take the get out clause if it was offered.

However we have got ourselves in this mess so I'd rather we got oursleves out of it the proper way

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 08:16 AM
We fully deserve it. How we now respond to our self inflicted wound is the question.

Business as usual with Petrie and Farmer in charge, at least we exist and there's a team there for us, thanks lord farmer. The only man to save a football club then slowly kill it.

Sudds_1
26-05-2014, 08:18 AM

However we have got ourselves in this mess so I'd rather we got oursleves out of it the proper way

agree.............This may just be the opportunity needed to re-build and put the club back on firm foundations for the future.

Starting with removal of Petrie and introduction of people who understand and have the footballing side of the club firmly in the fore. :agree:

spike220
I cant see the SPFL being more competitive than the championship though, I mean it is not like they are going to be taking any big gate receipts.

matty_f

Pretty much agree with that.

The SPFL can't do anything now about restructuring anyway, it would blow any notion of sporting integrity out of the water. We're down because we were clearly the worst team in the league over the course of the season. We deserve everything we get.

ArmadaleHibs
26-05-2014, 08:19 AM
There will be a tv deal next season. Our away end will be filled at least 4 times next season. That's twice as much as would happen in the prem (only Celtic). If we start winning on the field the fans will come. That's what hibs fans do. I know we're hurting and no one is more than me but were in the championship and the sooner we deal with that and get on the sooner we can move on.

Ps. Only as long as the board fu(& off

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 08:20 AM
I posted last year that it's exactly the kind of dream set up Regan and Doncaster wanted - an SPL1 and SPL2, much like down south - until of course they realised no media companies had the cash or the stomach to pay money to show either league.

There is no desire to invest in Scottish football at all. It's a very very weak brand.

Good thing for a fan like me is that Hibs now have no option but to play and invest in youth - something Hibernian have been known for yet let drift drift drift away by signing the Thornhill's and De Graff's of this world and that has continued under 3 managers.

Butcher will not be manager anyway - I'm very confident of this :aok:

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 08:21 AM
There will be a tv deal next season. Our away end will be filled at least 4 times next season. That's twice as much as would happen in the prem (only Celtic). If we start winning on the field the fans will come. That's what hibs fans do. I know we're hurting and no one is more than me but were in the championship and the sooner we deal with that and get on the sooner we can move on.

Ps. Only as long as the board fu(& off

Until the club is changed from the top down there is no moving on for me, I can't support a team that has been rotting from the inside out for years. These people are killing hibs and they need to take a step back and see what's happening, if they can't do that then fans will walk away.

Sure there will be 5000 die hards at the games but I won't be one of them.

gem
26-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Any chance the SPFL will be forced into a rethink in the summer for $$$$ reasons, and move to a 18 team league.

I cant think there will be much worth watching in the SPFL now. Or is that just my green tinted sun glasses.

I don't think that will happen but I hope they rethink the tv deal/package as the games in championship will now have bigger audiences and so maybe televise more of those?

Weir7
26-05-2014, 08:25 AM

Failing in their duty. Sixteen team top league. You could argue not fair. But aa long as 11one vote exists there is no integrity.

From a commercial point of view SPFL is a joke

MyJo
26-05-2014, 08:36 AM
I think the championship will be an interesting league next season and definitely more exciting than the premiership, Celtic will win the league, probably undefeated next year, Motherwell are struggling financially leaving Aberdeen clear to be the second force in that league with the rest of the teams playing for meaningless "top 6" achievement or avoiding relegation.

The championship will have three massive clubs for that level competing to win the league and the play-offs could throw up a two legged derby to try and get back into the spl.

We will have potentially 6 derby matches next season in the league if rangers win it and we and hearts are in the play-offs, rangers v us and hearts will also be huge games next year and there are very capable teams in the league like Falkirk, raith and qots who are capable of giving us a run for our money.

I still believe the best structure for Scottish football in the future is top two leagues of 16 playing a 30 game season with a champions league format for the league cup but I think the spfl will simply use this as an excuse to say they were right in not altering the structure of the leagues because of how interesting the championship is shaping up to be next year

southsider
26-05-2014, 08:48 AM
agree.............This may just be the opportunity needed to re-build and put the club back on firm foundations for the future.

Starting with removal of Petrie and introduction of people who understand and have the footballing side of the club firmly in the fore. :agree:
My old schoolteacher Martin (now Lord) O'Neil was on the board for a while but quit as he was just being used. He is a died in the wool Hibs man and would make an outstanding Chairman.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Nae trips to Dingwall, Todders and Inverness too :top marks

Lots of easy to get to games, Livi, Falkirk, Hearts, Cowdenbeath, Raith and Alloa :aok: I'm coming round to this Championship malarky :greengrin

Mikey09
26-05-2014, 09:06 AM
I posted last year that it's exactly the kind of dream set up Regan and Doncaster wanted - an SPL1 and SPL2, much like down south - until of course they realised no media companies had the cash or the stomach to pay money to show either league.

There is no desire to invest in Scottish football at all. It's a very very weak brand.

Good thing for a fan like me is that Hibs now have no option but to play and invest in youth - something Hibernian have been known for yet let drift drift drift away by signing the Thornhill's and De Graff's of this world and that has continued under 3 managers.

Butcher will not be manager anyway - I'm very confident of this :aok:

How are you very confident of this??