PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 3pm KOs

greenlad
26-05-2014, 07:41 AM
This whole situation is quite frankly a disaster and an embarrassment but the one thing that comes closest to being the tiniest of positives (and even then its nothing near being relevant in the overal scheme of things) is that nearly all of our games will be Saturday 3pm KOs next season. BT/SKY are contracted to show 15 lower division games per season between them and you can bet your bottom dollar that will consist of 11 The Rangers away matches (including 2 at Easter Road) and our 4 derbies.

So we will be going back to basics in that regard anyway and this should mean an end to the huge swathes of silly lunchtime and Friday/Monday night KOs we have suffered.

If we are properly in the mix (by that I mean somewhere in the top 3, if not 1st then within credible touching distance of whoever is) then we should get some good walk-up crowds IMO.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 08:11 AM
This whole situation is quite frankly a disaster and an embarrassment but the one thing that comes closest to being the tiniest of positives (and even then its nothing near being relevant in the overal scheme of things) is that nearly all of our games will be Saturday 3pm KOs next season. BT/SKY are contracted to show 15 lower division games per season between them and you can bet your bottom dollar that will consist of 11 The Rangers away matches (including 2 at Easter Road) and our 4 derbies.

So we will be going back to basics in that regard anyway and this should mean an end to the huge swathes of silly lunchtime and Friday/Monday night KOs we have suffered.

If we are properly in the mix (by that I mean somewhere in the top 3, if not 1st then within credible touching distance of whoever is) then we should get some good walk-up crowds IMO.

Hopefully mostly 3pm, but I'll be surprised if a TV deal isn't in place to show Hibs/Rangers/Hearts matches

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Hopefully mostly 3pm, but I'll be surprised if a TV deal isn't in place to show Hibs/Rangers/Hearts matches

This.

I'm pretty sure the SPFL and BT/Sky will come to some arrangement to show more Championship games next season. Hibs, Hearts and Rangers were 3 clubs shown on TV most often and are far more attractive fixtures than almost and Premiership game next year.

IFONLY
26-05-2014, 08:34 AM
This.

I'm pretty sure the SPFL and BT/Sky will come to some arrangement to show more Championship games next season. Hibs, Hearts and Rangers were 3 clubs shown on TV most often and are far more attractive fixtures than almost and Premiership game next year.

Agree.....word is that there could be Friday nigh televised games

Deansy
26-05-2014, 08:34 AM
This.

I'd rather we (fans) go down with at least a bit of dignity and NOT echo those plums over at the PBS or their big-bros at 'Castle Greyskull' - 'better league, more exciting' etc, etc. No matter how attractive these matches may be, it's not THE top-league !

Steve-O
26-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I see what you are saying, but have any Hibs games been "attractive" in a while? :confused:

gegs70
26-05-2014, 08:43 AM
It's also less money and we need as much as we can to re-shape the team!

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd rather we (fans) go down with at least a bit of dignity and NOT echo those plums over at the PBS or their big-bros at 'Castle Greyskull' - 'better league, more exciting' etc, etc. No matter how attractive these matches may be, it's not THE top-league !

I'm not going down the same road as those mobs.

The simple fact is though as far as TV are concerned, for viewing figure purposes, Hibs, Hearts and Rangers games are more attractive as they will draw more viewers than any Premiership game not involving Celtic and maybe Aberdeen.

There's a reason why Rangers had televised games in the 3rd division and why we constantly had games moved to accomodate TV. Not sure about last season but the season before we were on TV more than anyone outwith Celtic.

Albion Hibs
26-05-2014, 08:50 AM
This would be a disaster I did not realised we had sold out to this extent. One of the best thing about the championship is that every game is on at 3pm on a Saturday. Not only is that silver lining going to be removed, but the sfa are also going to subject the fans of existing clubs to completely changing their fans football calendar. I really hope that there is some way this can be resisted, because a derby or rangers match on at 3pm on a Saturday at Easter road would be brilliant, and the only positive from the situation we are in.

Geo_1875
26-05-2014, 08:56 AM
This would be a disaster I did not realised we had sold out to this extent. One of the best thing about the championship is that every game is on at 3pm on a Saturday. Not only is that silver lining going to be removed, but the sfa are also going to subject the fans of existing clubs to completely changing their fans football calendar. I really hope that there is some way this can be resisted, because a derby or rangers match on at 3pm on a Saturday at Easter road would be brilliant, and the only positive from the situation we are in.

Yet most games involving The Rangers were Saturday or Sunday lunchtime ick offs. Best thing is no stupid split and playing each team 4 times. Still rather be in the top keague.

Deansy
26-05-2014, 09:01 AM
I see what you are saying, but have any Hibs games been "attractive" in a while? :confused:

Nope - and unless we get some players with bottle, they'll get even less attractive. My point is though that the cheats mentioned are using the same c**p sound-bite, trying to sound like the SPL will miss them more than they will miss it.

JCR6311
27-05-2014, 01:42 AM
BBC Alba are also likely to have 16 games- max 2 per ground, none featuring Rangers- from the Championship next season, most if not all to be Friday 7.45pm KO's.

Source the Scotsman.

Hibeesmad
27-05-2014, 01:54 AM
I'm just glad that nearly every game is less than 2 hours away

YehButNoBut
27-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Looks like the current TV deal will be revamped to ensure more coverage of Championship games, so KO times may still be changed.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-neil-doncaster-offers-3611512?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

RECORD Sport can reveal Doncaster has invited telly bosses to discuss swapping Premiership matches for Championship games.

SCOTTISH football’s TV deal could be ripped up and restructured for next season after Hibs crashed out of the top flight and into a Championship battle with Hearts and Rangers.

Record Sport can reveal SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster yesterday approached broadcast partners Sky TV, BT Sport and the BBC, offering to open discussions on how to restructure the contracts and allow them to screen more live matches from next season’s second tier.

And the talks are likely to centre around four Edinburgh derbies which, as things stand, can’t be shown on mainstream channels.

Under the terms of the current agreements, Sky have first pick on a maximum of five Championship matches, all including Rangers.

BT then have the rights to pick up another 10 Rangers matches while BBC Alba are able to hoover up a further 16 games, none of which can involve the Ibrox side.

But Doncaster has now invited telly bosses to get back around the table to discuss swapping Premiership matches for Championship games.

And it’s anticipated both Sky and BT will be looking to pick up the Hearts v Hibs clashes.

A spokesman for the SPFL said: “The first year of the SPFL provided some incredible drama. The interest in Scottish football is likely to be even greater next season.

“We have regular conversations with our broadcast partners.

“We expect to announce arrangements for season 2014-15 in conjunction with them in the coming weeks.”

BBC Scotland could yet consider showcasing Championship games on their main channels rather than Alba with only around 1.2 per cent of the population believed to be Gaelic speakers.

But if Sky and BT make a claim on matches involving the Edinburgh rivals then they will be accommodated first.

The current broadcast deals are worth around £15million a season.

h185forever
27-05-2014, 06:45 AM
So in short the ticket buying fans are way down in their list of priorities ....why am i not surprised.

was hoping fir a return to the good ol 3pm Saturday too !

Purple & Green
27-05-2014, 08:22 AM
If they want to show the Rangers games, then they'll rock up to Ibrox more often won't they?