PDA

View Full Version : Championship

Hibby_G
26-05-2014, 07:29 AM
So How well do you think we'll do in the championship

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Near the bottom - nothing about the football club suggests fight or creativity. The Rangers will invest, Hearts will spend again, we simply won't and we will not bring in the player we need.

Mid table and expect 3 years at best in that league.

Hamilton outplayed us, as did Queens, Raith put us out at home in a cup scoring three goals - there is your evidence before anyone dares to ask !

killie-hibby
26-05-2014, 07:37 AM
So How well do you think we'll do in the championship

I am very confident that if we keep Petrie and Butcher we will only have one season in the Championship before relegation to the 1st division. My answer to your question is that without significant changes in the board and coaching staff we will continue on our downward spiral

proud_and_green
26-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Near the bottom - nothing about the football club suggests fight or creativity. The Rangers will invest, Hearts will spend again, we simply won't and we will not bring in the player we need.

Hamilton outplayed us, as did Queens, Raith put us out at home in a cup scoring three goals - there is your evidence before anyone dares to ask !

Pretty much what I was going to say.

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Impossible to say at this stage. So many factors could have a bearing on our success or lack of. For a start there's a chance that both rangers and hearts could be deducted points, 25 and 15 respectively which would be a massive help. We've yet to see who is staying and who's going from the current squad, and of course who will want to sign for a relegated hibs.
Also got to remember that there are other teams down there apart from rangers and hearts. Teams like Hamilton who will be tough to beat and will see us as a scalp.
My gut feeling is that we'll be down there for a couple of seasons at least.

AndyM_1875
26-05-2014, 07:42 AM
We won't be out till 2016.
Rangers will win it next season and neither Edinburgh club will go up.
I expect the Premiership side to prevail in next year's Play offs.

And please lets focus on Hibs, not drone on about Rangers and Hearts and their problems.

Hamish
26-05-2014, 07:43 AM
I fear we will become the new Dundee. Sloshing about mid table for a good few years.

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2014, 07:49 AM
And please lets focus on Hibs, not drone on about Rangers and Hearts and their problems.

Going to assume you're referring to my post with this comment. Rangers and hearts problems could have a massive impact on our season so it deserves a mention, don't you think?

Greencore
26-05-2014, 11:01 AM
It depends on the players we bring in... And if the fans attend games. I was told the last time we got relegated hibs gave tickets to the schools to get fans in... It's actually how my brother started supporting hibs...

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 11:09 AM
We'll be challenging for promotion after a summer of change.

GoldenEagle
26-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Thankfully the play offs give everyone a 2nd chance

Steve20
26-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Rangers will win the league. Hearts will go up through the playoffs.

We'll lose to Hearts in the playoffs.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:13 AM

As if we'll even make the playoffs.

easty
26-05-2014, 11:15 AM
The Rangers are going to win the league.

I'll wait and see who we bring in before I make any judgements on how we'll do. As things stand we'd struggle to make the play offs, but theres clearly a load of changes to the team this summer.

HiBremian
26-05-2014, 11:17 AM
As if we'll even make the playoffs.

We'll make the playoffs for a second year running, and lose them.......

..........And get relegated for a second year running

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sylar
26-05-2014, 11:42 AM
My answer right now is still pessimistic but given a few weeks to see what moves/signings etc take place and it might improve.

There are a lot of good footballing teams in that division but there are also a lot of young, inexperienced teams who blow hot and cold. It takes someone like a Dundee or Hamilton, with the blend of experience, youth and good football (not hoofball) to get out of that league.

The Rangers should win the league with their squad though I'm not sure financially they're going to be in a position to reinvest...infact, their financial woes might create another story over the summer months that could enhance our chances a wee bit but at the minute, that's just internal whisperings.

steviehibsleith
26-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Why is everyone saying Sevco will win they are stonewall administration by xmas material even if they make the start of the season. This will be a minimum 15 point reduction.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 11:48 AM
We should be aiming to win the league. No other target is acceptable.

A lot depends on the new players that come in and if we get a new manager. If Butcher stays I worry. Last time he brought ICT up they started poorly and it was a late charge that saw them go up. With the potential quality of teams down there next year, not just Hearts and Rangers, we won't get the luxury of being allowed a slow start.

I'm worried.

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Nothing like a bit of optimism :greengrin

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:52 AM
We'll make the playoffs for a second year running, and lose them.......

..........And get relegated for a second year running

It's the more likely scenario if Butcher/Malpas/Petrie/Farmer remain.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 11:53 AM
pointless speculation until we see the new squad and or management team ......

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Petrie can survive that.:wink:

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 11:57 AM

:agree:

Allant1981
26-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I hate the fact that we have been relegated but it might be for the best, hopeful now RP and STF see we need to spend money on the team, and that will start next season, i think we will go back up via the play off

eggbamyasi
26-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Bring it on . Summer of change . Dont see why we cant take on hearts and rangers **** them . I know its hard for a lot of people to be positive at mo . But hearts and rangers arent as strong as some make out . If we make the right signings why not we can defo challenge for title . Remember last time we went down ? People were saying same thing I know league was totally diff then but imo I think we can fight with those two for title defo . We will have totally diff squad with players that actually give a ahit and actually have work ethic and want to play for hibs . Just trying for a bit of positivity and I know I will get shot down but I gotta believe for my own sainity !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

number 27
26-05-2014, 12:13 PM
We will have a good run,push Sevco all the way but just fall short in second, Hertz will scrape into the playoffs miles behind in 4th place.

The poppy thieves will proceed to hammer us home and away in the play offs and they will end up being promoted.

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Bring it on . Summer of change . Dont see why we cant take on hearts and rangers **** them . I know its hard for a lot of people to be positive at mo . But hearts and rangers arent as strong as some make out . If we make the right signings why not we can defo challenge for title . Remember last time we went down ? People were saying same thing I know league was totally diff then but imo I think we can fight with those two for title defo . We will have totally diff squad with players that actually give a ahit and actually have work ethic and want to play for hibs . Just trying for a bit of positivity and I know I will get shot down but I gotta believe for my own sainity !

That's crazy talk, go see a shrink immediately!

:wink:

AndyM_1875
26-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Going to assume you're referring to my post with this comment. Rangers and hearts problems could have a massive impact on our season so it deserves a mention, don't you think?

Aimed at your comment personally? No.

Just fed up reading speculative rubbish about Rangers and Hearts on here and on social media when we are in an absolute mess and need rebuilding from top to bottom. Hearts will have an average age of 16 and Rangers will have a 2nd Administration. Or they might not or they might order 30 fish suppers with salt and vinegar. I honestly don't care.

We have been relegated and I am trying to get my head round that and not succeeding. I am not too fussed about other teams in the league.
Hibernian need to challenge next year and we can't do much about the other sides in the league.

eggbamyasi
26-05-2014, 12:27 PM
That's crazy talk, go see a shrink immediately!

:wink:

Yeah your right lol my god im a mentalist ..........
Were ****ed , kill everyone , burn the training facility's , knock down new east stand , change strip to brown , and hang farmer in grass market for all too see .........
Phew im better now , back to normal ;-)

ekhibee
26-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Good post, I totally agree too, but you're right you will get shot down. A lot of the posts will have the phrase 'Would you really trust Butcher to do it' or 'if Butcher stays we won't go back up' or something to that effect. And don't forget the people that started all the anti-Butcher threads in the first place weeks and weeks ago, those threads have all grown arms and legs now.

Spudster
26-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Teams like Hamilton who will be tough to beat and will see us as a scalp.
:confused: I think you'll find them in the Premiership next season

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 02:07 PM
It's impossible to say at this stage, as there are so many unknowns. That we won't be promoted next season is my only firm prediction, and the longer we remain in the championship, the harder it will become to escape.

ballengeich
26-05-2014, 02:32 PM
It'll depend on how our summer signings work out. We should be able to put together a team which makes the promotion playoff, when anything can happen. I expect The Rangers to win the division unless they go into administration. With the exception of McCulloch and possibly Daly, their former SPL players should get back to near the standard they showed in past years once they're being tested regularly by full-time teams.

hibeesjoe
26-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Hopefully straight back up via the playoffs. Rangers will spend and I can't see past them for winning the league. What we need is a team that can beat hearts. Would be tragic if we managed to get a playoff spot and get beat of them.

Westie1875
26-05-2014, 03:14 PM
With butcher at the helm mid table mediocrity and average crowds of 5k.

With a new manager in place who sets his team out to play football and has a clue about tactics, challenging at the top with crowds on the up.

Stevie Reid
26-05-2014, 03:21 PM
With butcher at the helm mid table mediocrity and average crowds of 5k.

With a new manager in place who sets his team out to play football and has a clue about tactics, challenging at the top with crowds on the up.

Whilst being down with Hearts and Rangers is far from ideal, at least it's at a time where two can go up, and fourth place means you retain an interest in promotion. There will be huge pressure on us next season, but not as much as there would have been had it still been 1st or bust.

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 03:35 PM
We should be aiming to win the league. No other target is acceptable.

Stuff this low expectation nonsense that's plagued us for so long, it's about time the club, from the very top, started setting their sights high. I want to see that attitude permeate all the way through from top to bottom.

boab1875
26-05-2014, 03:37 PM

This WILL happen

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2014, 03:47 PM
:confused: I think you'll find them in the Premiership next season

You've misuderstood me there. Teams like Hamilton ie similar to Hamilton, who pumped us for 120 minutes yesterday.

#FromTheCapital
26-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Aimed at your comment personally? No.

Just fed up reading speculative rubbish about Rangers and Hearts on here and on social media when we are in an absolute mess and need rebuilding from top to bottom. Hearts will have an average age of 16 and Rangers will have a 2nd Administration. Or they might not or they might order 30 fish suppers with salt and vinegar. I honestly don't care.

We have been relegated and I am trying to get my head round that and not succeeding. I am not too fussed about other teams in the league.
Hibernian need to challenge next year and we can't do much about the other sides in the league.

Fair dos.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 03:53 PM
What we need to do is stop popping out heads into the business or The Rangers and Hearts and fully focus on the task in hand. Our club right now is prob the worst run of the three and that's saying something.

Next season will be very difficult indeed but as long as the players are up to the task then we can only hope for the best.

26-05-2014, 03:54 PM

Impossible to tell at this stage, we have just gutted a barrel load of players out and atm we have no idea whos coming in. We will have an almost completely different team for next season and expect several other big changes at the club with Leanne Dempster now taking charge so impossible to predict how we will get on.

The only certainty I know is that it is going to be a very difficult league to get out of, it wont be anything like when we went down in '98.

I just hope we have had our signing targets lined up and brought in quickly so the team can have as long as a pre-season together as possible. The new players must have it stressed to them how important it is to win promotion as soon as possible and how important the derby is because not only are they our bitter rivals but they will probably be our rivals for second as well.

weonlywon6-2
26-05-2014, 04:06 PM
We'll be challenging for promotion after a summer of change.

This is what i believe will happen.
Rangers will probably win leaving hibs and hearts in the play off spots and a further two derbies,the winner possibly go on to play killie or st midden and possibly win if they are playing well.
Killie will struggle withhout boyd

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 04:17 PM

doom and gloomer :D We will smash hearts next season and break our previous points tally for winning the first :)

Hibeesmad
26-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't know what other people think about this but here it goes...

I think that we as a club needed relegation, I'm not saying I wanted us to get relegated, I'm disappointed like the rest of us but I think that it will get the message across that the club is a mess and a change needs to be made right through, I think butcher has started this change today by releasing 11 players plus the loanees going back to their parent club. I think financially we will be fine next season with Rangers and Hearts in the league with the ticket sales, TV money etc, us as fans need to turn up and I think that will be a major part in getting this team back to where it belongs. I don't know if we can do it in one season, but nothing would be better than beating Rangers and Hearts to it

cleanyman
26-05-2014, 06:26 PM
We must go up at the first attempt.

If not, we could be the next Dundee.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 06:31 PM
At the moment, I reckon we'll finish 4th or 5th.

Who knows what sort of shape we'll be in by the time August comes around.

Right now, we are not equipped to cope with a promotion challenge and it's going to take a massive turnaround to change that.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 06:31 PM
We must go up at the first attempt.

If not, we could be the next Dundee.

It isn't going to happen, mate. Nobody will be allowed to stand in Sevco's way back to the top, and when do we ever beat the maroonics when it matters? It's precisely for this reason that avoiding relegation was so vital. Being relegated this season was the worst possible timing.

Flanny boy
26-05-2014, 06:57 PM
It isn't going to happen, mate. Nobody will be allowed to stand in Sevco's way back to the top, and when do we ever beat the maroonics when it matters? It's precisely for this reason that avoiding relegation was so vital. Being relegated this season was the worst possible timing.
This :agree:

weonlywon6-2
26-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I dont think anyone can say where we wil finish next year as we have no idea what players are coming in and who will be in charge of them.
I do expect rangers to win but they are not short of their own issues and may not be as strong as some think.hearts probably have the best advantage cause their players have had one season together

DAVE1875
26-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Suppose a small advantage to the Championship is all the ground are fairly close, with the exception of QoS, but even then a ***** o'clock (12.30) kick off or evening game is more doable there than Aberdeen or Inverness & Ross County.

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2014, 08:44 PM
What we need to do is stop popping out heads into the business or The Rangers and Hearts and fully focus on the task in hand.

Very much this.

There is *theoretically* nothing to stop us winning the Championship.

Sevco are no great shakes and there's short odds on them to have another administration event.
The Budge woman looks like she has no intention of spending ridiculously so in theory that should keep a level playing field.

It's about us getting the right people in to make it happen and not about them.

Course whether we can do this on not is a whole other matter :)

cleanyman
26-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Our first game will be the 26th July(Challenge Cup)

Considering what's happened, TB going to the World Cup would be a mistake. We have to do all we can to get out of this hellish division.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Our first game will be the 26th July(Challenge Cup)

Considering what's happened, TB going to the World Cup would be a mistake. We have to do all we can to get out of this hellish division.

I can't see this arrangement still going ahead, given what's happened in the last 24 hours.

Hibs90
26-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Minimum I expect is for us to put in a title challenge. Anything else is utter failure and will see thousands of more fans disappear into the wilderness.

pontius pilate
26-05-2014, 10:13 PM
I live in hope that we will come straihht back up. I agree with an earlirr post thst regrettable as it may sound that relegation was the bedt thing that vould have happened and it has been coming for a while now. We will need a big squad 4 different competitions next season I wondr ehat the main emphasis will be ibv promotion but will it be a good run in all 3 cups or a min of 1 cup and promotion.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Whilst being down with Hearts and Rangers is far from ideal, at least it's at a time where two can go up, and fourth place means you retain an interest in promotion. There will be huge pressure on us next season, but not as much as there would have been had it still been 1st or bust.

Surely we can challenge for 4th place?
I'd very much expect Rangers to win the league, but with the introduction of play-offs fourth place is as good as second.

VivaHiberņa
26-05-2014, 10:42 PM

Surely we can challenge for 4th place?
I'd very much expect Rangers to win the league, but with the introduction of play-offs fourth place is as good as second.

3rd and 4th have to play each other before playing 2nd. No thanks, just another chance for them to **** up.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 10:50 PM
3rd and 4th have to play each other before playing 2nd. No thanks, just another chance for them to **** up.

2nd marginally better, but we are just as capable of fuc*** it up if we finish 2nd- miles ahead of 3rd & 4th.

Hibeesmad
26-05-2014, 11:41 PM
36 games will be played, 8 of those will be played against Hearts and Rangers.

Dundee won the league last season and they won 21 games, Hamilton won 19 and Falkirk won 19.

So if we can win over 20 games we will definitely finish in the top 3

As mentioned, 8 of the 36 games will be played against Hearts and Rangers which means we will have 28 games against the other teams in the league, with last seasons table suggesting Falkirk are the best team remaining in that league.

Surely we can win at least 20 of those 28 games and beat Hearts and Rangers at least twice? Taking our total points tally to 72 points and that's not including any draws from the other 8 games from the 20 wins.

Surely that will be good enough to win the league?

Callum_62
26-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Dundee won the league last season and they won 21 games, Hamilton won 19 and Falkirk won 19.

As mentioned, 8 of the 36 games will be played against Hearts and Rangers which means we will have 28 games against the other teams in the league, with last seasons table suggesting Falkirk are the best team remaining in that league.

Surely we can win at least 20 of those 28 games and beat Hearts and Rangers at least twice? Taking our total points tally to 72 points and that's not including any draws from the other 8 games from the 20 wins.

Seeing it written down like that makes it seem wholly unachievable!

DH1875
27-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Don't see why its a given that the rangers will win the league. Sure they should beat all the other teams but then, so should we. Would like to think it would just come down to our games against each other.
That said, we need a squad and a manager good enough to challenge and I don't see it happening during the summer :(

Keith_M
27-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Whoever is the manager next season must have the goal of WINNING the league. We shouldn't be trying to cling on to one of the Play-Off places. We should consider anything other than finishing first as failure.

If our current manager can't accept that, he shouldn't be the manager.

Scottie
27-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Whoever is the manager next season must have the goal of WINNING the league. We shouldn't be trying to cling on to one of the Play-Off places. We should consider anything other than finishing first as failure.

If our current manager can't accept that, he shouldn't be the manager.
Right on the money for me.
2nd place next season is 1st loser. We need to go out with the mentality we are going to win the league.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2014, 04:21 PM

In order to win games of football, you need to score goals. Given that we've just scored the lowest number of goals out of all 42 teams in the four Scottish leagues, things will need to change drastically.

We'll need to see a complete overhaul of how we play the game if we are going to put in a credible title challenge next season.

coldingham hibs
27-05-2014, 04:35 PM
For me there is no chance that we will be competing for 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The best we will do is mid table, teams currently in the division have good settled squads and will hit the ground running, we will have a hotch potch of players some of whom have just been on an unbelievably bad run of form.

The Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk, QOS & Dumbarton will all finish above us.

I would even suggest that we could become the Wolverhampton of Scottish football and drop futher down the leagues.

Lets face it Raith Rovers only just stayed up and they ripped us a new one.

HibeeHendo
27-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Can The Rangers afford to strengthen next season?

coldingham hibs
27-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Can The Rangers afford to strengthen next season?

Of course they will, they have little choice but to as the competition for them has become much greater than they probably assumed it would be. They will sign far better players than we will.

Michael
27-05-2014, 04:52 PM
For me there is no chance that we will be competing for 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The best we will do is mid table, teams currently in the division have good settled squads and will hit the ground running, we will have a hotch potch of players some of whom have just been on an unbelievably bad run of form.

The Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk, QOS & Dumbarton will all finish above us.

I would even suggest that we could become the Wolverhampton of Scottish football and drop futher down the leagues.

Lets face it Raith Rovers only just stayed up and they ripped us a new one.

Morton also ripped the Scottish Champions a new one. Maybe Celtic will be relegated next season too?

coldingham hibs
27-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Morton also ripped the Scottish Champions a new one. Maybe Celtic will be relegated next season too?

Mate, I'm just being realistic. Too many people think it will be a 3 horse race and that just won't be the case. The team we had last time was full of quality far superior to the other clubs. This time it won't be.

Michael
27-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Mate, I'm just being realistic. Too many people think it will be a 3 horse race and that just won't be the case. The team we had last time was full of quality far superior to the other clubs. This time it won't be.

I actually agree with your prediction (i.e. that we will struggle)...but one-off results are meaningless. If I remember correctly the Raith Rovers result was when we were doing okay in the league.

CorrieHibs
27-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I actually agree with your prediction (i.e. that we will struggle)...but one-off results are meaningless. If I remember correctly the Raith Rovers result was when we were doing okay in the league.

Raith Rovers also beat The Rangers on the pens. Hearts were the only team to beat Raith albeit on pens as well. Anyone can raise their game in a one off match! The hardest thing is producing it all season.

We should be aiming for first but realistically 2nd. Butcher will hopefully have his own players in mind and will do what he achieved at ICT.

pontius pilate
27-05-2014, 05:55 PM
It is going to be hard to come up straight away I honestly beleibe we wont however that wont stop me from going along even though I said I wouldnt be back but I am looking foward to next season. I also think the rangers and hahaha hearts will be in for a shock with the likes of falkirk qots dumbarton raith rovers and livingston all able to play football and get results wouldnt suprise me if falkirk finish second

davym7062
27-05-2014, 06:01 PM
We'll win it.

hibee62
27-05-2014, 06:31 PM

Of the three teams we are the only ones with stable finances. We don't know what any of the three teams will look like but we are a step ahead of both at the moment in that we likely have some idea of what our player budget is while Hearts haven't started selling season tickets and Rangers fans are boycotting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not confident we will go up but I'm not convinced we won't either. The thing against us is having to sign a whole new team, we'll just have to wait and see what that team is like...

HibbySpurs
27-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Whilst rangers and hearts fans are busy worrying about how to win the championship over in Hibs land we're already wheeling out why we can't win.....

what ****ing chance do a Hibs team have when sections of the support have us beat and it's not even June yet....

yes we are all hurting. Yes we are all angry as hell. Yes we want change.

however what's happened can not be changed and now the job in hand is to get hibs back to where we rightfully belong.

this starts with us as far as I'm concerned.... We must believe the team and whoever is in it next season can win that title and stick two fat fingers up to the establishment and their two favourite clubs.

stop wallowing in self pity and stop always having an excuse that we can't do it...

demand change & demand a team capable of winning that league next season but for the love of Leith lets not be beat before we've even begun.

why? Because "WE DINNAE GIE UP! WE'RE ****ING HIBS!
(Shamelessly stolen from Porno I admit)

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
27-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Whilst rangers and hearts fans are busy worrying about how to win the championship over in Hibs land we're already wheeling out why we can't win.....

what ****ing chance do a Hibs team have when sections of the support have us beat and it's not even June yet....

yes es we are all hurting. Yes we are all angry as he. Yes we want change.

however what's happens can not be changed and now the job in hand is to get hubs back to where we rightfully belong.

this starts with us as far as I'm concerned.... We must believe the team and whoever is in it next season can win that title and stick two fat fingers up to the establishment and their two favourite clubs.

stop wallowing in self pity and stop always having an excuse that we can't do it...

demand change & demand a team capable of winning that league next season but for the love of Leith lets not be beat before we've even begun.

why? Because "WE DINNAE GIE UP! WE'RE ****ING HIBS!
(Shamelessly stolen from Porno I admit)

GGTTH

Nice sentiment but the last few months have shown that it really doesn't matter about how positive or otherwise the fans are in terms of how we're going to do next season.

Full house against Hearts last month - Zilch
Full away end at Tynecastle the month before with a chance of relegating them - Zilch
Full house on Sunday against Hamilton when all we had to do was avoid defeat to a first division team and we were safe - Zilch
Massive crowd at home to Kilmarnock when any win would have kept us out of the play offs - Zilch

The fans have done their bit time and time again and I'm sure the majority will continue to do so, despite relegation. It's time that those in charge stood up and did their jobs.

That's the only way we're going to get out of this mess.

HibbySpurs
27-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Nice sentiment but the last few months have shown that it really doesn't matter about how positive or otherwise the fans are in terms of how we're going to do next season.

Full house against Hearts last month - Zilch
Full away end at Tynecastle the month before with a chance of relegating them - Zilch
Full house on Sunday against Hamilton when all we had to do was avoid defeat to a first division team and we were safe - Zilch
Massive crowd at home to Kilmarnock when any win would have kept us out of the play offs - Zilch

The fans have done their bit time and time again and I'm sure the majority will continue to do so, despite relegation. It's time that those in charge stood up and did their jobs.

That's the only way we're going to get out of this mess.

Then we protest in an organised fashion we apply REAL PRESSURE! Folk on here banged on for ages about how the yams sat back and accepted it, well guess what? The same thing is happening to us.... Sitting here bleating will do **** all... We must make our voices heard...

the supports support is beyond question but if this has to get ugly and a "civil war" has to break out for things to change then so be it IMO.

eggbamyasi
27-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Of the three teams we are the only ones with stable finances. We don't know what any of the three teams will look like but we are a step ahead of both at the moment in that we likely have some idea of what our player budget is while Hearts haven't started selling season tickets and Rangers fans are boycotting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not confident we will go up but I'm not convinced we won't either. The thing against us is having to sign a whole new team, we'll just have to wait and see what that team is like...

Yep totally agree . Just have to hope the team that gets assembled is good enough . But I honestly believe that we shouldnt fear rangers or hearts and I think once they both look at it they will not be happy we have came down too . For them its an extra thing to stop them going up . And lets bloody do that !!
GGTTH come on hibees

HibbySpurs
27-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Yep totally agree . Just have to hope the team that gets assembled is good enough . But I honestly believe that we shouldnt fear rangers or hearts and I think once they both look at it they will not be happy we have came down too . For them its an extra thing to stop them going up . And lets bloody do that !!
GGTTH come on hibees

If it was possible to agree 1000% I would.

IanM
27-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Then we protest in an organised fashion we apply REAL PRESSURE! Folk on here banged on for ages about how the yams sat back and accepted it, well guess what? The same thing is happening to us.... Sitting here bleating will do **** all... We must make our voices heard...

the supports support is beyond question but if this has to get ugly and a "civil war" has to break out for things to change then so be it IMO.

Agree re protest but disagree re the civil war chat. No point in that whatsoever. It needs to be done properly. I believe there's a few original hands on Hibs lads who organised that still kicking about that we could so with getting involved. That day at ER saved us, we mimic that it'll get the message across rather than just protesting for the sake of it

HibbySpurs
27-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Agree re protest but disagree re the civil war chat. No point in that whatsoever. It needs to be done properly. I believe there's a few original hands on Hibs lads who organised that still kicking about that we could so with getting involved. That day at ER saved us, we mimic that it'll get the message across rather than just protesting for the sake of it

Yeah ok civil war is extreme but you get my point? Someone needs to organise proper protests and galvanise the support into action.

im not well enough connected tbh to start trying to organise it although I would if people were up for it, I'll gladly assist someone as well.

Hibby_G
27-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I think hibs rangers hearts and falkirk will all be in the top 4

Hibby_G
27-05-2014, 09:01 PM
We'll win it.

We'll definitely do better with easier teams

Dashing Bob S
27-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Rangers will win the league irrespective of any financial problems and penalties they are issued. They simply have to be in the top tier with Celtic after next season, to reestablish the toxic OF brand. Therefore they massively outspend Hibs and Hearts combined.

Far less predictable as to how either Edinburgh club will fare as they have new line ups and different budgets. I think one, or even both, might struggle to make the play offs.

hibee62
27-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Rangers will win the league irrespective of any financial problems and penalties they are issued. They simply have to be in the top tier with Celtic after next season, to reestablish the toxic OF brand. Therefore they massively outspend Hibs and Hearts combined.

Far less predictable as to how either Edinburgh club will fare as they have new line ups and different budgets. I think one, or even both, might struggle to make the play offs.

I am inclined to agree with the first part but I do think Hibs and Hearts will both be top 4, if not 2 and 3. I think at this moment in time its between Hibs and The Rangers to win it, but like you say the chances are The Rangers will spend. If they're not top in January they certainly will then.

Note also that I say at this moment, Hearts are a totally unknown entity and might well put together a decent squad, I just hope we do too!

Ronniekirk
27-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Geeze ,just when I was coming to terms with what has happened on Sunday this comes along to Cheer me up

AL-Qaholik
27-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I honestly think we'll be bottom half of the table. Can see it taking 3-5 years for us to get back up.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but I see nothing to suggest the slightest glimmer of positivity - especially if Butcher, Petrie and Farmer are allowed to continue at the club.

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I honestly think we'll be bottom half of the table. Can see it taking 3-5 years for us to get back up.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong but I see nothing to suggest the slightest glimmer of positivity - especially if Butcher, Petrie and Farmer are allowed to continue at the club.

I have to say I'm also very worried about what may happen. Relegation this year of all years is a disaster. We need a new team, manager and, preferably, owner.

Waxy
28-05-2014, 10:42 AM
It will be a toss of a coin who wins the Hibs hearts playoff. Even then the winner will most likely stay down.

AlbertK86
28-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Nice sentiment but the last few months have shown that it really doesn't matter about how positive or otherwise the fans are in terms of how we're going to do next season. Full house against Hearts last month - Zilch Full away end at Tynecastle the month before with a chance of relegating them - Zilch Full house on Sunday against Hamilton when all we had to do was avoid defeat to a first division team and we were safe - Zilch Massive crowd at home to Kilmarnock when any win would have kept us out of the play offs - Zilch The fans have done their bit time and time again and I'm sure the majority will continue to do so, despite relegation. It's time that those in charge stood up and did their jobs. That's the only way we're going to get out of this mess.

Spot on

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 11:51 AM

I can understand why you'd say that but I don't think it's as firmly set in stone as you imagine. The Rangers are currently in total turmoil and might even start the season with a 25 point deficit. Even if they don't, they don't necessarily have the money, or manager, to just walk over the rest of the league.

If we had a winning culture at our club, starting with a new board of actual football people, I see no reason why we shouldn't make our target to actually WIN the league.

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 12:15 PM
For me it's not the big games that will decide the league, but it will be consistency across the 30 odd games - the away games to Livi, QoS and Alloa - nippy ties which could make all the difference.

I think we will beat The Rangers and Hearts - and they'll beat us - so we need a determined positive and fitter squad who want to beat Cowdenbeath as much as The Rangers.

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Is it only me that will be calling it 'the second division'? This 'championship' lark is a nonsense bit of corporate rebranding, call me old fashioned :greengrin

truehibernian
28-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Is it only me that will be calling it 'the second division'? This 'championship' lark is a nonsense bit of corporate rebranding, call me old fashioned :greengrin

Surely it's the big league now that The Rangers, Hearts and ourselves are in it ?

The Alloa chairman was right - every single week there'll be games of real importance - more I think about it from a footballing perspective it'll be good, added to which the cup runs.

Plus no trips to bloomin' Inverness and Dingwall !!!

hibsbollah
28-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Surely it's the big league now that The Rangers, Hearts and ourselves are in it ?

The Alloa chairman was right - every single week there'll be games of real importance - more I think about it from a footballing perspective it'll be good, added to which the cup runs.

Plus no trips to bloomin' Inverness and Dingwall !!!

You've a stronger stomach than me TH; I cant even think about attending a hibs game at the moment. Maybe a summer of looking after bored children will get me in the mood by the last weekend of August :boo hoo:

Smartie
28-05-2014, 12:53 PM
I think it is more important than ever to get a good start. Get the fans on board early on (especially at the big 3) and momentum can come from that. The flipside will be either a big, expectant crowd getting on players' backs or a large, echoey, empty stadium which won't help the players. I know we can be bad at ER, Hearts will probably be similar at Tynecastle but it would be worst at Ibrox if they find themselves 6-10 points off the pace. Essential then that we have our squad in place early with a full pre-season behind them ready to hit the ground running. No last day of the window bargain bucket signings this time.

Home form could well be key. the team that gets that early momentum will do well. Those who find themselves playing catch-up within a month or 2 could well have managerial upheaval, panicking fans etc and find it difficult to make up the difference.

Whilst the big 3 will be favourites, all are in some form of a crisis or other at present. It would be mental to be complacent about the chances of other well-run clubs who have experience in this league both in individual games and over the course of the season.

To be honest, it was a horrific shock at first and there's no way I'd have ever wanted to be relegated but it's a fascinating prospect and I'm starting to look forward to it more and more.

CorrieHibs
28-05-2014, 01:06 PM
I think it is more important than ever to get a good start. Get the fans on board early on (especially at the big 3) and momentum can come from that. The flipside will be either a big, expectant crowd getting on players' backs or a large, echoey, empty stadium which won't help the players. I know we can be bad at ER, Hearts will probably be similar at Tynecastle but it would be worst at Ibrox if they find themselves 6-10 points off the pace. Essential then that we have our squad in place early with a full pre-season behind them ready to hit the ground running. No last day of the window bargain bucket signings this time.

Home form could well be key. the team that gets that early momentum will do well. Those who find themselves playing catch-up within a month or 2 could well have managerial upheaval, panicking fans etc and find it difficult to make up the difference.

Whilst the big 3 will be favourites, all are in some form of a crisis or other at present. It would be mental to be complacent about the chances of other well-run clubs who have experience in this league both in individual games and over the course of the season.

To be honest, it was a horrific shock at first and there's no way I'd have ever wanted to be relegated but it's a fascinating prospect and I'm starting to look forward to it more and more.

I have to agree, I didn't want to relegated but if we can get Petrie out, get the right players in with a winning attitude not like the last lot. It will be exciting! Fans just want to see us winning games and challenging at the top.

Waxy
28-05-2014, 01:10 PM
We might look forward to an exciting season in the duds league. This will grow weary pretty quickly if we don't come straight back up. A great start is a must.

Keith_M
28-05-2014, 01:28 PM

It's the First Division.

Sorry for calling it The Championship earlier, it was a slip-up. :greengrin

I'm not in the least bit surprised that our footballing leaders were so unimaginative as to just copy the names from the English Leagues. At least down there, the name 'Championship' does have some justification, (despite it sounding 'twee') as it is technically the top level of the The English Football League. Considering they just merged the two leagues in Scotland, that was a nonsensical decision to give it that name.

JOD
28-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Just seen current betting on Will Hill = Huns 1/2
= Gunts 7/2
= Hibees 5/1

Any thoughts folks :dunno: