PDA

View Full Version : The morning after....

andy1875
26-05-2014, 06:52 AM
I've woke up this morning feeling worse than I did last night.

Last night was feelings of shock, emotion, hurt, disappointment, anger all rolled into one.

The same feelings are still there but with realisation now chucked in.

We really couldn't have picked a worse season to go down, quite remarkable really how bad a season this was.

I left the Malmo game at 0-5 and although there were signs there, I couldn't have predicted this. Albeit signs that this could have happened have been there for what, 3 seasons?

Utterly depressed and yet again, the club we all love boot the fans in the balls yet again.

Gutted beyond belief, a dark summer and few years ahead.

Callum_62
26-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Im glad i live in NZ now

Infact, ir probably makes it more interesting for me to watch the games in the championship (if I can get any coverage).

Would HATE to have still lived in Scotland though - distance, and a new born really mellows you from the disgrace that is Hibernian

i was up at 2am to watch teh game last night (with work straight after)....how many times i cussed the work 'weak' was crazy

We looked truely amateurish in comparison to Hamilton

No one can argue they didnt deserve it. Cruel to score with 1 min left- cant say it wasnt merited though

Only 1 team tried to play football yesterday, and that wasnt us - thats hard to take

26-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Waking up this morning feeling numb tbh, don't think its quite sunk in yet. I don't think I even felt this hurt this time last year after the cup final.

I hope the players are feeling the same but I highly doubt it. I suspect 90% of them will have practically forgotten it already.

Gatecrasher
26-05-2014, 06:57 AM
I woke up thinking how did we end up with a team so inept that it was back to the walls against Hamilton for 120 minutes.

MacGruber
26-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Beyond gutted. Got to bed about 2 a.m. Got up at 5:30 a.m. thinking it was later. Not working today but can't sleep.

Jamesie
26-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I woke up thinking how did we end up with a team so inept that it was back to the walls against Hamilton for 120 minutes.

This is the bit I can't get my head around, especially after the performance on Wednesday night.

Gettin' Auld
26-05-2014, 07:10 AM
At least most of you guys managed to sleep.....

That must have been the worst nights sleep i've ever had. Managed about 3 hours tops and i'm Donald Ducked before the day even properly begins.

Thanks Hibs!!!

southsider
26-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Beyond gutted. Got to bed about 2 a.m. Got up at 5:30 a.m. thinking it was later. Not working today but can't sleep.
Aye me too. Last night i was numb but now really angry at Petrie and Butcher and their cohorts. Anyone up for a demo ? Next saturday 3pm outside ER. Be there if you love this club.

SanFranHibs
26-05-2014, 07:11 AM
After watching the game in the pub sat there on my own, depressed and watched the first period of the ice hockey to take my mind off our absolutely embarrassing performance and relegation. Did not help. Went home on the train depressed. Went to bed at midnight which is early for me, depressed and honestly, woke up every 15 minutes or so and it was still on my mind.

However, I have to say now that morning has arrived and I am off to work I really a lot ****ing worse. ]My sincere sympathy for those who have to face jambos this week.

I am really stunned we could not win one game in the past couple of months when the chips were down. Going to take me a while to get over this.

Could be down there for years unless there are radical changes in the running of this club. We have a merry-go-round of managers and a succession of players who can barely make mediocre and if this squad is not greatly rebuilt we will not challenge at the top end of the Championship. I will not give up on the young players as they have come into a team that looks like a kids playground team, all frightened off the ball and confidence lower than a jambos IQ. But a huge changes must come about starting at the top.

:boo hoo:

Gettin' Auld
26-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Aye me too. Last night i was numb but now really angry at Petrie and Butcher and their cohorts. Anyone up for a demo ? Next saturday 3pm outside ER. Be there if you love this club.

Who will be inside the stadium to even hear the protest?

southsider
26-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Who will be inside the stadium to even hear the protest?
The police will have to inform the management that there is (i hope) a large crowd gathered.

NatureBoy
26-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Feel like my heart has been ripped from my chest, sitting in work and everything feels so surreal! I thought it couldn't get any lower than 5-1 but the club always manages to surpass it's self in the woeful!

If a Hollywood director made a film based on the calamities by club it would get panned by critics for being too far fetched!

andy1875
26-05-2014, 07:30 AM
As many guests on here now as there is members.

Lock this forum down for a few days and keep for Hibs fans admins.

HibsNZ
26-05-2014, 07:34 AM
I haven't had my morning (or mourning) after, I'm like Callum up at 2am to watch a truly shocking performance from a truly shocking Hibs team. Could'nt go back to bed after the game, how do you get back ta sleep when you feel like you've been hit by a bus. Funnily I've been through every emotion today apart from anger, been f####d over to many times by Hibs in the last few years now to get angry, I'm now at depressed!

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Went to bed at 11 and then woke up at 1, 3, 4 and 5 before having to get up at 6 for work. Shattered and gutted this morning. Go **** yourselves Hibs

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Still beyond angry.

The warning signs have been there for years yet we have stumbled from one disaster to the next.

jdships
26-05-2014, 08:07 AM

:top marks
My thoughts exactly , and to compound that we missed two penalties !
Still not clear in my head what I would like to happen at ER Stadium over the next few weeks .
What is decided surely will formulate the future of the club over the next five + years and has to be carefully planned and carried out

Good luck to the " new lady" - she will need it !!

truehibernian
As many guests on here now as there is members.

Lock this forum down for a few days and keep for Hibs fans admins.

Why ? I'm laughing at the state we are in so have no issue with others laughing and looking in - if the boot was on the other foot I'd be doing likewise.

Hibs are a basket case of a club at the moment and have been since we were signing the likes of Joe Keenan, Valdas Trakys, Divis, Agogo, Thornhill, Tudur Jones, Nelson, three goalkeepers on big wages, etc etc etc.

Even humiliation doesn't move this club's Board so a few gloating fans from other clubs on a fans forum doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I love Hibs but make no mistake we are quite simply a laughing stock all across Scottish football today and have been for a few seasons. Time for reality to bite and hit hard - we as fans are more interested in green dots that ousting Petrie - sad but very very true.

SlickShoes
I feel sick, our club is dying, the fans are irrelevant and it's business as usual, stick to the plan, it'll all be OK, training complex, spartans deal, thanks for all your money again, please keep it coming. **** off hibs.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Why ? I'm laughing at the state we are in so have no issue with others laughing and looking in - if the boot was on the other foot I'd be doing likewise.

Hibs are a basket case of a club at the moment and have been since we were signing the likes of Joe Keenan, Valdas Trakys, Divis, Agogo, Thornhill, Tudur Jones, Nelson, three goalkeepers on big wages, etc etc etc.

Even humiliation doesn't move this club's Board so a few gloating fans from other clubs on a fans forum doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I love Hibs but make no mistake we are quite simply a laughing stock all across Scottish football today and have been for a few seasons. Time for reality to bite and hit hard - we as fans are more interested in green dots that ousting Petrie - sad but very very true.

Petrie's position should be untenable now, after yesterday's performance and his statement his brand is toxic. I won't be back at ER until there have been wholesale changes starting from the very top. I think yesterday was the last straw for even the staunchest petrie yes men.

Col2
26-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Woken up now. Feel angry still but onwards and upwards. No point in wasted energy and emotion thinking about it.

Rebuilding is needed one way or another. This means some or all of following:-

- new players, lots of them
- existing losers (players) leaving
- new management team (possibly)
- new ceo and direction which has been missing for years
- winning games most weeks
- 2 x derbies at home and 2 x games vs the rangers as opposed to one at home to Celtic
- maybe even some excitement for a change