PDA

View Full Version : Time to spend

26-05-2014, 06:31 AM
We can't carry on like this. Part of the reason we are where we are is because we have very little ambition within the club. The board seem to always take the cheap option, leaving us with 3rd/4rth choice English lower league journeymen. With the poppy theives having to severly cut their cloth now we should be looking to take advantage of this and spend more on quality players that will give us a good shout at coming up.

I'm not saying do what the huns and the tramps did and completely break the bank and spend millions we don't have on players. I'm simply saying we need to be ambitious. We are in a terrible mess and the club moral is at an all time low. If we can bring in some known names over the summer it might bring a wee bit more excitemnet back to the club and give us some hope.

I'm not entirely convinced with Butcher as a manager but by the looks of yesterdays club statement it appears as if we are stuck with him so I hope he is in Petries office this morning 1) clearing out just about every one of our current bunch of spineless no hopers and 2) already preparing a list of good, proven players so we can get in for them early instead of wavering and ending up with our 4th choice.

We are in a better position to do this than the rest of the championship.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 06:42 AM
We can't carry on like this. Part of the reason we are where we are is because we have very little ambition within the club. The board seem to always take the cheap option, leaving us with 3rd/4rth choice English lower league journeymen. With the poppy theives having to severly cut their cloth now we should be looking to take advantage of this and spend more on quality players that will give us a good shout at coming up.

I'm not saying do what the huns and the tramps did and completely break the bank and spend millions we don't have on players. I'm simply saying we need to be ambitious. We are in a terrible mess and the club moral is at an all time low. If we can bring in some known names over the summer it might bring a wee bit more excitemnet back to the club and give us some hope.

I'm not entirely convinced with Butcher as a manager but by the looks of yesterdays club statement it appears as if we are stuck with him so I hope he is in Petries office this morning 1) clearing out just about every one of our current bunch of spineless no hopers and 2) already preparing a list of good, proven players so we can get in for them early instead of wavering and ending up with our 4th choice.

Opening part of this post applies to last year, too little too late now.

Moon unit
26-05-2014, 07:23 AM

Money will not be spent as long as Petrie is involved..and sadly we are not in a better position than the rest of the championship as they will slaver at the prospect at meeting a weak willed club like ours!

Alex Trager
26-05-2014, 07:26 AM
I agree with this.

It hurts like mad right now but it's done. Very shortly we'll know who is going from the club.

I also hope that soon enough we'll know who is coming in. The time is now, we can't change what has happened. Let us think forward and hopefully we'll produce the goods and win the title