PDA

View Full Version : Going to work

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 05:43 AM
...today with jambos intent on ripping the piss. As if reading 'amusing' Facebook status updates last night wasn't bad enough.

How to deal with it? Stoic grin and shrug, a weak comeback such as '6-2, 0-7, fth' or a swift kick to the gonad area?

Hungover too. ****ing dreading it. Be careful out there everyone.

puff the dragon
26-05-2014, 05:45 AM
...today with jambos intent on ripping the piss. As if reading 'amusing' Facebook status updates last night wasn't bad enough.

How to deal with it? Stoic grin and shrug, a weak comeback such as '6-2, 0-7, fth' or a swift kick to the gonad area?

Let them have a gloat lad.

hmfc - obsessed with the 'wee' team always and forever.

Lmc2105
26-05-2014, 05:49 AM

Just heading into work as well mate, sit beside a few of them and no doubt my desk will have something on it. Just going to get the head down and try to ignore. Not looking forward to this at all.

confused
26-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Yep it 'll be one of the worst days of my 49 year 5 month working life , i'll try and smile and not rise to the bait , but maybe i'll just have to be , "yer tea's oot an the pies cauld" and retre 7 month early .

MacGruber
26-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Let them have a gloat. We deserve it and gave them pelters for going down.

If they were staying in the SPFL it would go on forever however bottom line is that it's one set of fans of a relegated club taking the piss out of another set of fans of a relegated club,... for being relegated. We are both down whatever way you cut it.

The difference is that whilst we are *****e, we are honest *****e.

History will never forget their charity robbing, war dead fleecing, own-fan mugging off 'share issue', decimation of small businesses, non-tax paying, tainted results cheating etc.

One Day Soon
26-05-2014, 06:32 AM
It is two bald men fighting over a toothless comb. That's how far and how bad the fall is for Edinburgh football. I couldn't give a 5hit what Hearts fans or any other fans think.

I'm far, far more concerned about the fact that our club has just jumped out an airplane without a parachute. This is now an indisputably broken institution. It lacks direction and leadership from the top, it has a manager who perhaps could have been the right guy but who is now damaged goods, it has a playing squad barely worth the name with just three or four players worth keeping, it has fans who rightly feel that their emotional bond with the club and team has been betrayed and shattered, it has to compete in a league from which it is highly likely it will take two or three years to emerge.

It has done all of this at a time when its city rivals are at a low ebb and when we should have been capitalising on that to step forward in Edinburgh and in Scottish football. It has an owner who is effectively an absentee landlord.

It has to try and address all of its problems now in the context of reducing costs for the Championship and with what appears to be no-one sitting at the controls. If I could see or be persuaded of there being a plan, a leader and a determination to get back to playing attractive flowing football I would be prepared to back anyone who showed this is what they were aiming for - Butcher, Petrie, Farmer or completely different people.

The truth is that we are in free fall. We are a zombie that bears the name, the buildings and the trappings of a football club but we haven't been Hibernian FC for some years. More than anything in times like these you need a leader on the park, in the dressing room and in the board room. We appear to have none of these.

The animating spirit of this club is at risk here. It has been slowly killed from the inside.

26-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I really don't give a **** at what those charity robbing tramps have to say.

we are hibs
26-05-2014, 06:39 AM
just remind them that us going down means that their chances of getting out first time of asking just got a hell of a lot harder

aunty joyce
26-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Just heading into work as well mate, sit beside a few of them and no doubt my desk will have something on it. Just going to get the head down and try to ignore. Not looking forward to this at all.
I am heading into work where there are several Jambos with my Hibernian FC t shirt on - will need to change before we open to the public at 2:00pm and will no doubt be on the receiving end of their jokes but I am and always will support the Hibees GGTTH

Kato
26-05-2014, 07:21 AM

Bumped into my pet work Jambo a few minutes ago.

Him - "See you next season then." (undisguised happiness)

Me - "It's been coming the last few seasons. We don't deserve to stay up"

Him - "Well, Hearts didn't deserve to go down."

Me - "We're going down because we're rubbish, you went down because you're crooks."

Him - (looks like he's swallowed something nasty and moves on), end of conversation..........

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Took Monday off 2 weeks ago just incase.

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Bumped into my pet work Jambo a few minutes ago.

Him - "See you next season then." (undisguised happiness)

Me - "It's been coming the last few seasons. We don't deserve to stay up"

Him - "Well, Hearts didn't deserve to go down."

Me - "We're going down because we're rubbish, you went down because you're crooks."

Him - (looks like he's swallowed something nasty and moves on), end of conversation..........

Will be using that :aok:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Took yesterday off 2 weeks ago just incase.

Coward. Only delaying things.

I'm on way now and couldn't care what they think.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2014, 07:41 AM
I am heading into work where there are several Jambos with my Hibernian FC t shirt on - will need to change before we open to the public at 2:00pm and will no doubt be on the receiving end of their jokes but I am and always will support the Hibees GGTTH

Jambos with your Hibs top on.

Elephant Stone
26-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Hear7s have got little to be laughing about. We're there cause of poor management, they're there because they spent £40m of other people's money and never paid it back.

Kato
26-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Will be using that :aok:

Say it loud and proud, "We are rubbish". :wink:

Aldoo
26-05-2014, 07:48 AM
History will never forget their charity robbing, war dead fleecing, own-fan mugging off 'share issue', decimation of small businesses, non-tax paying, tainted results cheating etc.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it only seems to be hibs fans that won't forget this, how many times you seen this held against them by anyone other than us. Nobody else cares about this. Sad but very true.

There descent into relegation was portrayed as plucky fight cheered on by the media, ours is a source of mirth and was used to continually bash us by the same people.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Coward. Only delaying things.

I'm on way now and couldn't care what they think.

Not in the mood to face them yet.

Peevemor
26-05-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm in the fortunate position that, despite my best efforts, my workmates think Scottish football consists of the old firm.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Straight into the training room, will be here all day. Not leaving.

spike220
26-05-2014, 08:02 AM
It is two bald men fighting over a toothless comb. That's how far and how bad the fall is for Edinburgh football. I couldn't give a 5hit what Hearts fans or any other fans think.

I'm far, far more concerned about the fact that our club has just jumped out an airplane without a parachute. This is now an indisputably broken institution. It lacks direction and leadership from the top, it has a manager who perhaps could have been the right guy but who is now damaged goods, it has a playing squad barely worth the name with just three or four players worth keeping, it has fans who rightly feel that their emotional bond with the club and team has been betrayed and shattered, it has to compete in a league from which it is highly likely it will take two or three years to emerge.

It has done all of this at a time when its city rivals are at a low ebb and when we should have been capitalising on that to step forward in Edinburgh and in Scottish football. It has an owner who is effectively an absentee landlord.

It has to try and address all of its problems now in the context of reducing costs for the Championship and with what appears to be no-one sitting at the controls. If I could see or be persuaded of there being a plan, a leader and a determination to get back to playing attractive flowing football I would be prepared to back anyone who showed this is what they were aiming for - Butcher, Petrie, Farmer or completely different people.

The truth is that we are in free fall. We are a zombie that bears the name, the buildings and the trappings of a football club but we haven't been Hibernian FC for some years. More than anything in times like these you need a leader on the park, in the dressing room and in the board room. We appear to have none of these.

The animating spirit of this club is at risk here. It has been slowly killed from the inside.

That made me laugh!!! There is your reply HibsBolah: It is two bald men fighting over a toothless comb.

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 08:02 AM
There is nothing for them to gloat over, just remind them of that.

As the guy above said, Two bald men fighting over a toothless comb! arguing who is ****test

and Hearts did deserve to go down, Hamilton would have beaten them in the playoff, too experienced a side for their young team, would have beaten them around the park. Jambo's that tell you otherwise are saying so just to noise you up.

spike220
26-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Took yesterday off 2 weeks ago just incase.

Is that you Rod?

Islington Hibs
26-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Hibsbolla the only way is on the chin. We deserved it fully and the best way is to laugh with them and make the best of a bad situation. We had numerous chances, over the last 6 weeks to get out of this mess and we screwed up every one. The truth is the current team is not very good and is very poorly led- manager and board. We got our just deserts. However one day, I do not know when, we will be back. The only positive is that yet again Hibernian supporters have come out in their thousands. We still have potential. On day......

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Jambo's don't concern me one bit, I give enough of it out so I'm certainly big enough to take it back from them.

IFONLY
26-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Took yesterday off 2 weeks ago just in case.

Yesterday was Sunday????

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Yesterday was Sunday????

Forgive me am still pished.

IFONLY
26-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Forgive me am still pished.

No worries .....wish I was

neil7908
26-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Thank the lord for conveniently placed bank holidays

Stax
26-05-2014, 09:10 AM

Don't even know where to start today but your post sums up exactly how I'm thinking. Spot on & well worded post.

robinp
26-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Lest we forget:
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/2725197.jpg?type=articlePortrait
http://www.bighearts.org.uk/storage/header2.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/28/article-0-0CC4AFA500000578-860_634x427.jpg
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/258011/Hearts-finally-show-Craig-Thomson-the-door
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41064000/jpg/_41064732_grahamrix203.jpg
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/mar/27/vivekchaudhary

(((Fergus)))
26-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Thankfully, knowledge of my interest in Hibs is on a strictly need-to-know basis. I also have something highly incriminating against each and every one within that circle.

crieffhibee
26-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Glad I'm on the other side of the world just now living on a farm with another Scottish guy who has no interest in the game and 5 Malaysians, on a farm in the middle of nowhere couldn't get much further away I I tried!

Say what you want but I don't know how long if last without giving them a swift kick to the baws

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2014, 12:53 PM
I got into a right foul mood after the last derby and made the mistake of engaging with a couple of trolling puddle drinkers I know.

A mate stopped me and reminded me that no matter how much success they have - fraudulently obtained or otherwise - they still go to bed at night as a jambo and there just aren't enough goals and cups in the world to wash that particular stain away.

danhibees1875
26-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Hibs top on and not being a cheating **** approach from me.

Johnforr
26-05-2014, 01:24 PM
How do u think I feel ...... My boss is an Accies supporter !!! Jeeezzzzz .......

TomTheHibbyBev
26-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Accies supporter Yea tell him we see him when they come back down :greengrin

FranckSuzy
26-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Accies supporter Yea tell him we see him when they come back down :greengrin

Ouch! Good luck with that one :greengrin Just say "you deserved your win" and that'll take the wind out of their sales :agree: :wink:

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm not aware of anyone at my work that supports Hearts.

Actually, I don't know anyone in the whole city that supports Hearts, but I'd imagine somebody does.

:wink:

sh00byd00
26-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Today was a bit of a nightmare, but I believe some of it was our own doing. All the party at Tynie thing didn't help either and I had one of those flyers on my desk when i went in this morning. Take it on the chin lads.

gillythehibby
26-05-2014, 02:58 PM
I think we've all suffered the same day at work really. Even the MRS is a bit wary around me the now. I swear I am *** gutted. I could greet right now. That's three times I've witnessed this and it doesny get any easier. Anybody got any PROZAC ?

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Ex Hibs player came to see me first thing and was surprised how calm I've taken it - he's more concerned and gutted than I am :agree:

Couple of Hearts mates delighted that we are down only because they have derbies - to which I am equally delighted :aok:

My anger is at Petrie and Farmer, not at the relegation as for me that has been coming and we deserved it for last 3 seasons worth of dross. I'll support Hibs sitting on a park bench if they end up on The Meadows - games against The Rangers, Hearts with Levein in charge, Livingston with McGlynn.....Falkirk......not as good as the SPFL but competitive and a great learning curve for the young pups who will come in.......only in the darkness can you see that stars (Martin Luther King :aok:)

Kato
26-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Today was a bit of a nightmare, but I believe some of it was our own doing. All the party at Tynie thing didn't help either and I had one of those flyers on my desk when i went in this morning. Take it on the chin lads.

Only fools were involved in that "relegation party" nonsense and we're not all fools in the Hibs support.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 03:16 PM
we will win the league next year :)

Sir David Gray
26-05-2014, 05:19 PM
just remind them that us going down means that their chances of getting out first time of asking just got a hell of a lot harder

You really think so?

They'll be good for between 8-12 points next season right away.

I bet they can't wait to see when the first derby is next year.

we are hibs
26-05-2014, 05:20 PM
You really think so?

They'll be good for between 8-12 points next season right away.

I bet they can't wait to see when the first derby is next year.

That's the spirit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibs90
26-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Came in at 1 today and time is just slowly dragging away. Just can't be arsed with this place. Had a small ripping but that's about it so far.

Hermit Crab
26-05-2014, 05:30 PM
My gaffer announced over the tannoy in the bothy that I was booking if anyone wanted to speak to me. I just wanted to book off again.