PDA

View Full Version : Some decent unemployed managers out there

macd123
26-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Owen coyle, billy davies, tony mowbray and steve clarke probably the pick of the bunch assuming alex mcleish wouldn't take the step down. Not sure about steve lomas, peter houston and kenny shiels but at the moment i would view danny lennon as better than we currently have. On today's showing i would also happily watch a team coached by alex neil. The gulf in the quality of coaching was incredible.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Hopefully Butcher will join them

nribs
26-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Hopefully Butcher will join them

The OP said decent

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Owen coyle, billy davies, tony mowbray and steve clarke probably the pick of the bunch assuming alex mcleish wouldn't take the step down. Not sure about steve lomas, peter houston and kenny shiels but at the moment i would view danny lennon as better than we currently have. On today's showing i would also happily watch a team coached by alex neil. The gulf in the quality of coaching was incredible.

Who is Alex Neil? Until a couple of weeks ago I had never heard of him, he's now a Premier League manager. He put a team out today that was entirely focused, knew their jobs, and were willing to fight for him, everything we lacked, there must be many others with the same attributes out there.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:58 AM
The OP said decent
I stand corrected. Admins please feel Frey to remove my ludicrous post. :wink:
I only meant this one in case you started deleting the rest of them.

macd123
26-05-2014, 01:12 AM
Who is Alex Neil? Until a couple of weeks ago I had never heard of him, he's now a Premier League manager. He put a team out today that was entirely focused, knew their jobs, and were willing to fight for him, everything we lacked, there must be many others with the same attributes out there.

Completely agree. They outpassed us too which is strange because terry told us malpas is the best coach in scotland.

Captain Trips
26-05-2014, 01:40 AM
You missed the first part of what Terry said about MM. "In a post apocalyptic Scotland Malpas emerges from his Anderson Shelter being the only person alive in the whole of the land making him the best coach in Scotland"

Jeez time for bed here.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Butcher will be unemployed by Tuesday.......in my opinion.

macd123
26-05-2014, 02:16 AM

I wonder if dempster will have free reign to decide the coaching staff. Would be pretty pointless if she can't.

RedHibby
26-05-2014, 04:28 AM

More money wasted paying off another Manager and less money to spend on the playing budget. It does not matter which Manager comes to us if he loses a couple of games all the boo boys will want him out as well. It has to stop now!

bingo70
26-05-2014, 05:29 AM
More money wasted paying off another Manager and less money to spend on the playing budget. It does not matter which Manager comes to us if he loses a couple of games all the boo boys will want him out as well. It has to stop now!

Lose a couple of games? Is that what happened to butcher and why the boo boys were on his back?

Being a manager brings pressures, one of those is to win football games, if you can't do that then there's a good chance you'll be replaced. Nothing to do with boo boys

Johnny_Leith
26-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Butcher out Mowbray and Venus back in. At least then we have Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus - Craig Levein's a ******g *****

Kenbo
26-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Butcher out Mowbray and Venus back in. At least then we have Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus - Craig Levein's a ******g *****

This!

Not sure we could get Mowbray back, but I enjoyed watching hibs play when he was manager. Now the 'decent football' at ER is often seen from the opposition. Don't mind us loosing (within reason obviously) if we play entertaining football and play our heart out, but that performance yesterday was absolutely pathetic. We have a bunch of young players doing well in the EOS, get Mowbray in to bring them through to the first team.

Scooter
26-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Does anyone actually think any of the above will come to hibs

lucky
26-05-2014, 06:35 AM
No way will any of them bar KS consider coining to Hibs

Albion Hibs
26-05-2014, 06:50 AM

You would be as well adding David Moyes, an Tim Sherwood to this list, it is pure fantasy with the exception of Danny Lennon and Kenny shiels. Over the last 12 hours it just because an awful lot harder to attract any new manager or player to hibs.

Rangers have ace just about broke themselves again having to pay such big wages to attract players, we will never do that, so the only thing that will get us out is a decent manager (not butcher) with a good knowledge of that league.

heretoday
26-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Danny Lennon would be ok. I was surprised St M got rid of him. Mind you maybe he harbours some terrible secret known only to the Buddies chairman!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Does anyone actually think any of the above will come to hibs

No chance.

macd123
26-05-2014, 03:04 PM
You would be as well adding David Moyes, an Tim Sherwood to this list, it is pure fantasy with the exception of Danny Lennon and Kenny shiels. Over the last 12 hours it just because an awful lot harder to attract any new manager or player to hibs.

Rangers have ace just about broke themselves again having to pay such big wages to attract players, we will never do that, so the only thing that will get us out is a decent manager (not butcher) with a good knowledge of that league.

Lennon, shiels, lomas and houston would i reckon. Exactly where is mowbray going to go?? He could maybe get a league one club i guess. I don't think he is out of our league at all. Whether petrie and co could make it happen is another question.

davhibby
26-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Shiels would come to Hibs and play nice football, but would he get us up? I doubt it

macd123
26-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Shiels would come to Hibs and play nice football, but would he get us up? I doubt it

I know what you are saying, his best role is probably as a coach like he was with mixu. That way he can keep away from the press and just coach. Not saying he is the answer, just that there are several unemployed managers out there who are better than we have got.

RedHibby
26-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Lose a couple of games? Is that what happened to butcher and why the boo boys were on his back?

Being a manager brings pressures, one of those is to win football games, if you can't do that then there's a good chance you'll be replaced. Nothing to do with boo boys

I know he lost more than a couple of games, I have been in the stands witnessing the humiliation. The one thing that I never do is boo the players. I know most of them are not fit to wear the jersey but the booing does not help the players whose confidence is already shot to pieces. I think that is why as soon as they get the ball at their feet they rush to pass and end up giving it away more often than not. You have to ask the question why good players from other sides come to this club and end up looking like they came from a Sunday league club.

As a Hibs fan of 46 years I am hurting and so are the vast majority of fans but to bring in another Manager only to want rid of him as soon as it is not going well is a waste of time and money.

ekhibee
26-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Lennon, shiels, lomas and houston would i reckon. Exactly where is mowbray going to go?? He could maybe get a league one club i guess. I don't think he is out of our league at all. Whether petrie and co could make it happen is another question.
Of those 4 I'm not sure. Houston has hearts connections which might make it harder for him to keep the fans happy, but he's a decent manager. Lomas left St Johnstone where he did a decent job too, but seemingly there were underlying reasons why he left which somebody on another thread seemed to know but wouldn't elaborate on. Shiels? Not for me, and Lennon? Well he wasn't treated well by St Midden but don't know how he'd cope with, or want to take on a job that requires even more pressure to succeed. Mowbray was good first time round of course, but nowadays he's probably want more money to spend on the team than Hibs would be prepared to give him. I dunno, it's a hard one to work out.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 06:46 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

BoltonHibee1875
26-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Mowbray had a brilliant squad first time around. Not sure he would be as successful this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanM
26-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Someone on twitter spreading a rumour Sandy Clark is about to announced as Hibs manager

I can't do smileys on my phone but if I could if be ROFLing like ****

h185forever
26-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Its time we realised, just like some of the managers above, that the hibs job is a poisoned chalice ...did McCall not say recently he wouldn't take it .....apparently we are too demanding in looking for a win and criticise everyone too much ...forget that the customer is right !! ...just geez yer cash an stfu........

and if ye dinnae like it come back next season for more of the same !!

and like a mug i am GGTTH

..when are the fixtures released ..I can't wait !...honest !!

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Mowbray had a brilliant squad first time around. Not sure he would be as successful this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure would be nice to watch.

h185forever
26-05-2014, 07:10 PM
..let's do the time warp again !!.....aw naw ive ripped my stockings !

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Its time we realised, just like some of the managers above, that the hibs job is a poisoned chalice ...did McCall not say recently he wouldn't take it .....apparently we are too demanding in looking for a win and criticise everyone too much ...forget that the customer is right !! ...just geez yer cash an stfu........

and if ye dinnae like it come back next season for more of the same !!

and like a mug i am GGTTH

..when are the fixtures released ..I can't wait !...honest !!

I wouldnt want mcCall at easter road. the fans just want to watch a decent team score a few goals - its not rocket science -

yeezus.
26-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Has anyone else seen the horrible Sandy Clark rumour on Twitter?

h185forever
26-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Can't disagree but it's been like applied atomic physics to our last 5 managers

bigwheel
26-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Has anyone else seen the horrible Sandy Clark rumour on Twitter?

Ignore it - it's nonsense ...he announced he was leaving weeks ago...just been formally confirmed - it's one of the reasons Gary Locke has gone there

yeezus.
26-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Ignore it - it's nonsense ...he announced he was leaving weeks ago...just been formally confirmed - it's one of the reasons Gary Locke has gone there

:aok: thought so.