PDA

View Full Version : Ramifications?

Hibernia&Alba
25-05-2014, 11:18 PM
We won't be back in the top flight for a few years. Where do that leave us financially, and in terms of attendances and signings? How bad could this get? Of all the years to be relegated, this would have to be the worst. What a total **** up you have created, Terence.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 11:28 PM
The ramifications are huge. We were about to announce a tie up with Spartans with our youth set up and a significant investment in sport science. That may not happen now.
There is a good chance that the playing budget will be cut for next season.
Our income will likely be about £1.5m lower per annum lower.

eggbamyasi
26-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Why wont we be back in top flight for years ......... **** it bring on these cheating ****bags ranger and hearts . Rangers in financial misery , hearts will have **** all budget and wont be out of admin for a month at least . I know its hard for positivity right now . But for me bring these ******* head on and lets win this division ! Clear out wasters that dont want to work as hard as being asked bring in some quality build a strong fighting team and lets beat the huns and mini huns . GGTTH ........

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2014, 01:02 AM
Any thoughts about our EoS team, will be still be able to afford to keep those lads on the books?

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:28 AM
The ramifications are huge. We were about to announce a tie up with Spartans with our youth set up and a significant investment in sport science. That may not happen now.
There is a good chance that the playing budget will be cut for next season.
Our income will likely be about £1.5m lower per annum lower.

Not a bad thing at all :greengrin Hibs will do, as they should have done, invested in youth :aok:

I can see this, as I said today, as a positive. I have no faith in Butcher getting it right, every faith in Hibs fans ousting him and Petrie, and Nid being in charge pre-season :agree:

Terry Butcher is a busted flush :aok: Marsella looks like he's eaten too many kebabs......and he's a c*** - he has no Hibs class him - I actually despise SM wearing anything remotely associated with Hibs he is that fat, ugly and dull !!! And he is fat !!!

eggbamyasi
26-05-2014, 01:32 AM
? What has marsella done wrong to deserve such abuse ?

hibbymick
26-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Not a bad thing at all :greengrin Hibs will do, as they should have done, invested in youth :aok:

I can see this, as I said today, as a positive. I have no faith in Butcher getting it right, every faith in Hibs fans ousting him and Petrie, and Nid being in charge pre-season :agree:

Terry Butcher is a busted flush :aok: Marsella looks like he's eaten too many kebabs......and he's a c*** - he has no Hibs class him - I actually despise SM wearing anything remotely associated with Hibs he is that fat, ugly and dull !!! And he is fat !!!

Is he fat or just big boned ?

john18722
26-05-2014, 04:18 AM
He has 12 ankles

dp00
26-05-2014, 04:34 AM
In my opinion the biggest ramifications is that innocent people involved in hibs , who prob don't get paid a massive salary to start with will lose there jobs .. Came across this on Facebook which I think is really sad considering the people who got us in this position will just move to new clubs where as some May struggle to find a new job through no fault of there own 12648

Niffy
26-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Could average attendances at ER not just be as high or higher next season ?
It would only have been Celtic filing away end if we stayed up.

Nando™
26-05-2014, 04:47 AM
Not sure what Marsella has done wrong in all this...

TornadoHibby
26-05-2014, 05:08 AM
In my opinion the biggest ramifications is that innocent people involved in hibs , who prob don't get paid a massive salary to start with will lose there jobs .. Came across this on Facebook which I think is really sad considering the people who got us in this position will just move to new clubs where as some May struggle to find a new job through no fault of there own 12648

Said that to those that weren't shouting bile at the players coming off the pitch immediately after the final penalty miss!

A reduced income will inevitably mean less cash for admin type jobs at the club and after the inevitable job cuts, those left will be asked and expected to do far more for the same salary!

Sad but true I suspect!

MacGruber
26-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Not sure what Marsella has done wrong in all this...

He is chief scout & goalkeeping coach.

Scout - We signed 3 players who have been utter failures. If he was involved in their recruitment he has share of blame. Also, if he wasn't involved in their recruitment he didn't come up with any other viable alternatives (if they were identified and didn't come because of money they weren't viable plenty of others were in our price range).

Goalkeeping coach - Outside looking in it would appear he has managed to alienate the goalkeepers we have with stories of rank training/ goalies unhappy about Scott Thomson situation. That's conjecture. What's not is Williams form has been it's worst since his arrival, he's looked dis-interested at times since his arrival and it's clear he has been wanting out for some time. I'm sure there's factors other than Marsella at play in his thinking and the merits of having someone on the books at odds with coaches/management doesn't lend any sympathy (to the player) for me.

The point is Butcher, Malpas, Marsella - utter failures.... GTF.

GlenrothesHibee
26-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Close a stand? Sell training ground? All very real possibilities

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 06:49 AM
We will be told it's business as usual for another year, then when we fail to get promotion the cut backs will begin. Any players we panic bought will be let go, they will only open two stands on match days, the training complex will become too large a money drain for a mid table division 1 team, onwards and downwards.

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Why wont we be back in top flight for years ......... **** it bring on these cheating ****bags ranger and hearts . Rangers in financial misery , hearts will have **** all budget and wont be out of admin for a month at least . I know its hard for positivity right now . But for me bring these ******* head on and lets win this division ! Clear out wasters that dont want to work as hard as being asked bring in some quality build a strong fighting team and lets beat the huns and mini huns . GGTTH ........

This!

spike220
26-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Any thoughts about our EoS team, will be still be able to afford to keep those lads on the books?

They are safe, they will be the first team mate!

spike220
26-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Can someone in the know do some rough calculations, apart form the prize money how much worse off will we be?

There are some good clubs in the championship.

TRC
26-05-2014, 08:11 AM
What should happen (but wont ) is farmer should be laying a wedge down saying get us out of this league. No transition period blah blah. This year we have to hit the road running we should be beating the likes of championship teams.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 08:18 AM
What should happen (but wont ) is farmer should be laying a wedge down saying get us out of this league. No transition period blah blah. This year we have to hit the road running we should be beating the likes of championship teams.

We are the likes of championship teams, better get used to it because it's going to last a lot longer than a season.

Col2
26-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Season 1 may not be as bad as we think

£400k estimated drop in tv income

However 2 derbies and 2 sevco games offset this a bit.

Advertising may be lower but attraction of championship for media and others may mean little drop.

If we are down longer than one season thats when it gets messy.

I think we will need to cut back by 20% which should make us equivalent or better than yams but unlikely to be anywhere near basket case sevco.

Be brave and keep budget to get up in one attempt or be cautious and accept play offs at best?

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Season 1 may not be as bad as we think

£400k estimated drop in tv income

However 2 derbies and 2 sevco games offset this a bit.

Advertising may be lower but attraction of championship for media and others may mean little drop.

If we are down longer than one season thats when it gets messy.

I think we will need to cut back by 20% which should make us equivalent or better than yams but unlikely to be anywhere near basket case sevco.

Be brave and keep budget to get up in one attempt or be cautious and accept play offs at best?

Col, I think you have underestimated the financial loss - Hibs will need two very very good cup runs, with some bumper ties included, to absorb the hit.

Like I say though, the huge huge thing in our favour now is that players like McPake, Williams, Collins, OTJ, Nelson and Craig will, in my opinion, be either bought or leave the club - those salaries combined is a lot of cash - and for me not one player is a player who we cannot replace with youth and exciting up coming talent.

None bring anything to the table - harsh, but very true. I'm expecting big things from a few young players next season and would have done regardless of what league. The players I listed I don't think have the heart nor the ability to fight it's way out a league anyway.

Biggie
26-05-2014, 08:53 AM

Agree, Sue Mclernon has been with hibs for years, and it's people like her that will more than likely be the ones who take the hit for the incompetence on the park......not fair.

The yams laughing at us need to bear in mind the losses of jobs hurt real hard working normal folks the hardest......not forgetting the people who lost their jobs at Tynie as a result of the cost cutting.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Very good point. It's the least culpable who may find themselves the victims of this debacle. There will doubtless be 'efficiency savings' (as redundancies are euphemistically called) which will impact upon real people.

Might East Mains be sold down the line?

To those saying we have a good chance of promotion at the first attempt: forget it. This is Hibs, and we'll have Rangers, Hearts, and several other decent teams. Yesterday might cripple us for years.

Ronniekirk
26-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Could average attendances at ER not just be as high or higher next season ?
It would only have been Celtic filing away end if we stayed up.

In theory yes but depends on Management teams ability to manage properly which to date they have failed, and how the financial scale back affects playing budget and who T B can attract to come to a club in free fall .
Am eagerly awaiting Petries part two of wind of change in the summer speech .

I suspect he is now having to rewrite that and it will be something along the lines of the wind has changed direction, we need to be more prudent than ever and cut our cloth accordingly .The proposed changes to the academy set up are on hold and I am needed more than ever as I cut back costs and have to take on more work for Hibernian F C while spending most of my time trying to secure a coveted position in The Blazer world of the SFA where my thoughts and opinions are highly valued .My crisp business is also taking off .
Maybe it's going to take a woman with Emotional Intelligence and sound core values that we need to focus on the Team and find ways to re engage with the Customers and real custodians of the Club because Rod is so far up his own arse IMO he believes the ***** that comes out his mouth .There is an Arrogance about him which is misplaced .Where were all the Blazers in the Hospitality are in the Main Stand when it really mattered they had disappeared quicker than snow off a dike in a thaw ..
We need a forum equivalent to an AGM where Lee Ann and whoever else is coming in can spell out the new Vision ,give Leadership and convince us that lessons have been learnt and won't be repeated.
I really can't see us shifting more Season Tickets till there is some Clarity as the last few months have been Shambolic with Petrie burying his head in the sand and T B looking and sounding like a beaten man in charge of. Beaten Team leading us to the Championship It was like a Self Fulfilling Prophecy and those culpable are already closing ranks .
In the cold light of day I am now angry at what has been done to our club

Let's see what the next few weeks bring but it's going to take more than we are all in this together type Platitudes uttered by the Tache

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 10:01 AM
In my opinion the biggest ramifications is that innocent people involved in hibs , who prob don't get paid a massive salary to start with will lose there jobs .. Came across this on Facebook which I think is really sad considering the people who got us in this position will just move to new clubs where as some May struggle to find a new job through no fault of there own 12648Mair people on top of those over the previous years tae lose their jobs tae pay for Petrie's mistakes while he carries on regardless, ****in' shameless ****

GreenOnions
26-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Once Hearts fans have stopped laughing at us they may want to reflect on the fact that us being in the same division makes it more difficult for them to get straight back up to the SPFL. Things look dire for Hibs at the moment and Hearts finished the season stronger once they knew they were relegated and the pressure was off. However - things can change quite quickly. Butcher will almost certainly remain in charge and he has experience of getting a team out of the championship. I think that's quite important. Maybe the Jambos should have been more careful what they wished for?

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Once Hearts fans have stopped laughing at us they may want to reflect on the fact that us being in the same division makes it more difficult for them to get straight back up to the SPFL. Things look dire for Hibs at the moment and Hearts finished the season stronger once they knew they were relegated and the pressure was off. However - things can change quite quickly. Butcher will almost certainly remain in charge and he has experience of getting a team out of the championship. I think that's quite important. Maybe the Jambos should have been more careful what they wished for?aye everybody in that league will be quaking in their boots with us there. :rolleyes:

greenpaper55
26-05-2014, 10:20 AM
In theory yes but depends on Management teams ability to manage properly which to date they have failed, and how the financial scale back affects playing budget and who T B can attract to come to a club in free fall .
Am eagerly awaiting Petries part two of wind of change in the summer speech .

I suspect he is now having to rewrite that and it will be something along the lines of the wind has changed direction, we need to be more prudent than ever and cut our cloth accordingly .The proposed changes to the academy set up are on hold and I am needed more than ever as I cut back costs and have to take on more work for Hibernian F C while spending most of my time trying to secure a coveted position in The Blazer world of the SFA where my thoughts and opinions are highly valued .My crisp business is also taking off .
Maybe it's going to take a woman with Emotional Intelligence and sound core values that we need to focus on the Team and find ways to re engage with the Customers and real custodians of the Club because Rod is so far up his own arse IMO he believes the ***** that comes out his mouth .There is an Arrogance about him which is misplaced .Where were all the Blazers in the Hospitality are in the Main Stand when it really mattered they had disappeared quicker than snow off a dike in a thaw ..
We need a forum equivalent to an AGM where Lee Ann and whoever else is coming in can spell out the new Vision ,give Leadership and convince us that lessons have been learnt and won't be repeated.
I really can't see us shifting more Season Tickets till there is some Clarity as the last few months have been Shambolic with Petrie burying his head in the sand and T B looking and sounding like a beaten man in charge of. Beaten Team leading us to the Championship It was like a Self Fulfilling Prophecy and those culpable are already closing ranks .
In the cold light of day I am now angry at what has been done to our club

Let's see what the next few weeks bring but it's going to take more than we are all in this together type Platitudes uttered by the Tache

:top marksEvery word, he could not sack Butcher or he would have had to go so the two of them are clinging to the wreckage, this has a long way to run before we are free of these idiots.