PDA

View Full Version : How I Feel.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Where to start...

This season has been like running a marathon that never ends. Every corner turned still a long way to go. Emotionally I'm drained physically I'm drained.

Seeing the club lose again such an important game has ripped me to bits. Sitting wondering how did it get this bad?

Not only that, the marathon I feel I've been running has turned out to just be the first mile. Petrie coming out with that statement feels like he's put me back to the starting line and asking me to run again.

Is there a finish line? Not insight just now that's for sure! My whole body is aching now but it's my heart that really hurts. I've poured every emotion into Hibs for years and I feel I'm getting slapped in the face each season.

Enough is enough now, this is us at a crossroads. Where do we go from here? If we choose the Petrie path for me it's over, if we all move forward united and under a new board and management then I might see that finish line after all!!

Stop hurting us, stop taking us for fools and please just stop lying to us.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Where to start...

This season has been like running a marathon that never ends. Every corner turned still a long way to go. Emotionally I'm drained physically I'm drained.

Seeing the club lose again such an important game has ripped me to bits. Sitting wondering how did it get this bad?

Not only that, the marathon I feel I've been running has turned out to just be the first mile. Petrie coming out with that statement feels like he's put me back to the starting line and asking me to run again.

Is there a finish line? Not insight just now that's for sure! My whole body is aching now but it's my heart that really hurts. I've poured every emotion into Hibs for years and I feel I'm getting slapped in the face each season.

Enough is enough now, this is us at a crossroads. Where do we go from here? If we choose the Petrie path for me it's over, if we all move forward united and under a new board and management then I might see that finish line after all!!

You and me both buddy. :aok:

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I was in bits earlier on when I got in, proper in floods of tears. No idea where it came from. It still hasn't quite sunk in.

Now? I'm absolutely furious.

Pat s 4
25-05-2014, 11:31 PM
You and me both buddy. :aok:
51years going to most home and away with the same bunch of mates, we've seen lots of bad teams but nothing like this season, the worst tactition ever, 4or5decent players the rest not good eneogh for juniors, but we will all be back next season, ggtth

Ronniekirk
25-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Where to start...

I am drained too ,Petrie's winds of change Speech now seems empty and Hollow as the first Official Statement from the Club after yet another Performance that leaves us fans bewildered and angry is to make it clear he and Butcher are going nowhere .
If he had come out with the new blueprint of how they plan to restructure the Board and regal anise the club and youth and coaching set up and stating relegation doesn't alter that then we would have something to look forward to perhaps , but to shove it down our throats immediately after the game he is staying and not announce other changes tells me he is out of tune with how the average fan is feeling just now and still holds all the power so what really is going to change and question marks have to hang over T B and his side kicks and there ability at a bigger club to replicate what they achieved at ICT

dave62
25-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Where to start...

Great post Cat. If it's getting to fans like yourself, then Hibs even more problems than they think.

This morning I thought I'd be happy knowing that this seemingly never ending season would be over one way or the other but I never thought we'd be as abject as we were today and we'd be relegated. Still can't quite get my head round it.

Where ever we go and whoever is in charge we can't go on as we are. As you say, the fans can't keep being kept in the dark or lied to. Someone at Easter Road has to be held accountable for the state we are in.

I'll still be there next season but as I've said on other posts there has to be some accountability and some sort of leadership.

Seven nil!! Always Hibernian.

The_Horde
25-05-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm relieved but angry.

Relieved the season is over and out fate is sealed and I don't have to go back there again.

Angry at the mess we're in.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 11:59 PM
;4028208']I'm relieved but angry.

Relieved the season is over and out fate is sealed and I don't have to go back there again.

Angry at the mess we're in.

Exactly how many of my friends feel. Glad it's all over now and we know we're down.

GoldenMeerkat
26-05-2014, 12:01 AM
It feels like I'm currently going through all the emotional stages of the grieving process.

DTS
26-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Holding back tears in the ground, got to the car started crying. Got home calmed down a bit told the pals where to go then turned in sky sports news and became absolutely raging can see this cycle repeating for a while

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:29 AM
I wasn't close to tears if I'm honest. Like I say I just felt tired and drained.

In a twisted way this could be the turning point for Hibs. If we stayed up I've no doubt we'd be the same next season so this way it's done. Ok it's not great with Hearts and The Rangers there but what it does it heaps the biggest amount of pressure on this board and Petrie. He says he's staying but wait till ST sales come in he will need to go.

If not then we could be down for a long, long time.

Cameron Wilson
26-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Its killing, the fact there was a 2-0 lead but still getting beat laid upon us?
Also the general fact that the board couldn't give a fck and continue to tell the same story again and again.

Hibs always seem to let down the big crowds.

I couldnt have been quicker leaving the south stand today.
:taxi

dave62
26-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Its killing, the fact there was a 2-0 lead but still getting beat laid upon us?
Also the general fact that the board couldn't give a fck and continue to tell the same story again and again.

Hibs always seem to let down the big crowds.

I couldnt have been quicker leaving the south stand today.
:taxi

This exactly.

southsider
26-05-2014, 12:49 AM
We are the worst team in the league by a country mile. I could list all the poor results but we all know them. We are, to be brutally frank, where we deserve to be. This clu is in ruins and i very much bout we can recover. Was i bed earlier but just could not sleep. This is a nightmare.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Eh ?? A Nightmare ?? Club in ruins ??

Can I remind you all that despite the result, and despite the seasons of utter garbage, this great club got 18,000 thru the gate today :aok: Best supported team outwith the OF :agree: and the neighbours were nearly deid :agree:

I feel good considering - four derbies against Hearts with Levein and Skacel there.....bliss :aok: Four games against McCoist.......jeez that's 9 points in the bag - he's mare of a bottle merchant than Liam Craig.........four games to laugh at McGlynn......come on tae.....:greengrin

Petrie goes......we thrive....he stays....we wollow........it's up to the fans :cb

portyhibernian
26-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Absolutely agree with the OP, and I'm worried about where we go from here. The official statement just more if the same old pish we've heard after every embarrassing result this season, Petrie and co are incredibly lucky the fans don't treat the club with the same contempt we've been shown by them for the past 7-8 years or there'd be none left

scuttle
26-05-2014, 03:43 AM
The fact im writing this at this time of the morning stone cold sober and unable to sleep says it all

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2014, 04:32 AM
51years going to most home and away with the same bunch of mates, we've seen lots of bad teams but nothing like this season, the worst tactition ever, 4or5decent players the rest not good eneogh for juniors, but we will all be back next season, ggtth

51 years eh? Bummer.

Lmc2105
26-05-2014, 04:53 AM
The fact im writing this at this time of the morning stone cold sober and unable to sleep says it all

Couldn't agree more mate, can't sleep what so ever up in about half hour heading to work with the humiliation with working with some of the other half is just not dare thinking about today. Preferably if I could sit in a dark room all day that would be ideal!

Johnny_Leith
26-05-2014, 05:06 AM
I currently feel gutted and hungover. Drowned sorrows big time.

screw that, I'm still absolutely devastated.

Waxy
26-05-2014, 05:28 AM
With the same people in charge we've yet to see how low they can take us.Much lower i suspect.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 06:02 AM
I feel worse this morning than I did at any point yesterday, it's fully sunk in just how devastating this is for the club. We all know it, but if anyone thinks it will be a great adventure like last time they are in for a rude awakening.

hibsbollah
26-05-2014, 06:25 AM
On the bright side, we'll get to see the likes of Sauzee and Latapy signing for Hibs. It happened before so therefore its statistically inevitable it'll happen again. We're just a more attractive proposition when we've been relegated :agree:

26-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Gutted. Absolutely gutted is how I feel.

I cannot believe it's got this bad. Well actually I can tbh, no ambition at the club, no driving force from the top. Petrie quite happy to be a completely below average team just as long as the bank books are all balanced.

Coco Bryce
26-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Where to start...

That's it for me me too.

Moon unit
26-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Where to start...

Thank You...Mr Petrie..

for .......up our club!

Postman
26-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Gutted. Absolutely gutted is how I feel.

I cannot believe it's got this bad. Well actually I can tbh, no ambition at the club, no driving force from the top. Petrie quite happy to be a completely below average team just as long as the bank books are all balanced.

Exactly this

Did not sleep much last night and hoped i'd feel a little bit better this morning but feel even more angry. The fact that Butcher and Petrie will be there next season has me seriosuly doubting whether I can or will go back.

tanfield
26-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Hibs can gtf as far as I'm concerned. I'm finished!

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-05-2014, 07:18 AM
I've not been back to Easter Road since we lost the League Cup Final to Livingston as I thought that since going to the ground since 1962 there was simply no point in going back to watch a team that had beaten Celtic then Rangers only to be beaten by Livingston, even back then I thought something was just not quite right at the holy ground, and after years of spending money I really never had going home and away I decided to stay away much to the astonishment of close friends and especially my Hibs fanatic family.

I just had that feeling then that what was happening at ER was strictly business only and not a peoples sport which football is, but every game since not going I have lived, breathed, shouted, jumped with joy and held my head in my hands with either joy or despair, more the latter of course. It was a very painful decision not to go back and although I regret it I had to do it for my peace of mind as well as my health.

Yesterday was the lowest I have ever felt in my life as a supporter, not because we were relegated just the way we "performed" on the park which was the poorest display I can remember in my long time as a fan of this once great club, and top it off the sight of that smirking imbecile Rod Petrie at the end of the game was just too much to bear for me and felt utterly humiliated by that performance and watching that cretin with that grin on his arrogant face, this was worse than 10 defeats by Hearts in any cup final.

Not by any means a knee jerk reaction but today I want to hear that Farmer will put the club up for sale (was he there yesterday?) get it sold and get that arrogant fool out of Easter Road for ever, however in Butcher I simply cannot make up my mind with him yes or no, I am still in numb shock as I still cannot believe how we threw away that game yesterday, I don't think this terrible feeling will go away soon unless it's good news as above.

Sorry for the ramble but I just felt it was right to share.

hfc rd
26-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Still struggling to come to terms with this. When Butcher took over we were in a mess, but relegation was one thing that did not come to my mind. The train journey back to Manchester was probably the longest ever journey back home I have ever had.

This absolutely feels a million times worser than 5-1 Hearts and 7-0 Malmo. Never felt so low that it actually feels as if a family or a close friend has died.

Also one other thing, PETRIE, FARMER, BUTCHER, MALPAS - GTF!