PDA

View Full Version : Laughed at for suggesting play the Under 20's

Moon unit
25-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Remember being ripped for suggesting playing the u20's about 6 weeks ago. Thought that they would have given much more heart,effort ,commitment and guile than the current wage thieves!..should TB have ditched the current mob then?..

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Wasn't laughed at (I think) but I'd have had Andy Black, Dean Horribine and Ryan Baptie in - and Euan Smith on the bench.

The 'pros' did nothing to deserve the shirt.

Next season though :aok: through necessity too as we will be rooked financially unless STF opens his wee biscuit tin :cb

Hannah_hfc
25-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Remember being ripped for suggesting playing the u20's about 6 weeks ago. Thought that they would have given much more heart,effort ,commitment and guile than the current wage thieves!..should TB have ditched the current mob then?..

My only guess is it would be unfair to send out an under-20's team to go out and get relegated. The current squad and management got us in this mess, it rested on them to rescue us from it or face the flack from their failure. No point in denting the confidence of the younger guys, I can imagine it would lie with them for a while if they had gone out and lost today.

Look at what happened to our yam neighbours...Took their squad the best part of a season to adjust to the league before they started getting results. It was too late in the season to put our under 20s out.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 11:03 PM
My only guess is it would be unfair to send out an under-20's team to go out and get relegated. The current squad and management got us in this mess, it rested on them to rescue us from it or face the flack from their failure. No point in denting the confidence of the younger guys, I can imagine it would lie with them for a while if they had gone out and lost today.

Look at what happened to our yam neighbours...Took their squad the best part of a season to adjust to the league before they started getting results. It was too late in the season to put our under 20s out.

Who cares? They're all being paid.

If a club is going to do something unfair, then they should bloody well make sure that it's not the fans that they're being unfair to, as they're the ones forking the cash over.

The club has been unfair to the wrong people time and time again.

Hannah_hfc
25-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Who cares? They're all being paid.

If a club is going to do something unfair, then they should bloody well make sure that it's not the fans that they're being unfair to, as they're the ones forking the cash over.

The club has been unfair to the wrong people time and time again.

At under 20 it's less about the money and more about the development. I'd rather see some more developed players emerging with some confidence over the next season or two than have a youth team tarnished with being part of the squad that went down.

What it comes down to is our money went towards the s***e who have appeared game after game and that is why the majority of us are, quite rightly, angry at the current board, management and players. Just my opinion but I'm feeling pessimistic enough at sections of the club without having the future players to feel negative about as well.