PDA

View Full Version : How do we shift players still under contract - thieves?

madhatter
25-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Any ideas - will it be in their contract or will they graciously go "I'm partially to blame because I'm **** so I will happily walk for free"?

I'm concerned we still have a large number of wage thieves under contract, to list a few:

McGivern (numpty)
Nelson (carthorse)
Craig (captain calamity)
OTJ (injury'r'us)
Heffernan (injury'r'us)
Collins (where's the goal?)

Maybury (solid defender most of the time but should solely be a coach - if he is any good - or nothing)

How do we shift the names above? Collectively they share the blame - even those constantly injured as they should have been on the scene to encourage other players and youth, which as far as I can see hasn't happened in the slightest. Liam Craig is one of the worst captains I remember.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Think you'll find that one is easy - they get pulled in and told they are not part of plans and find a new club. Their agents as we speak will be trying ti find them clubs, I'd hazard a guess and say 4 on that list have no desire to play in the lower level of Scottish football. I have absolutely no desire to see any of them, bar Maybury, at Hibs - Maybury in coaching.

JJP
25-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Doubt many will want to stay anyway

theonlywayisup
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Think you'll find that one is easy - they get pulled in and told they are not part of plans and find a new club. Their agents as we speak will be trying ti find them clubs, I'd hazard a guess and say 4 on that list have no desire to play in the lower level of Scottish football. I have absolutely no desire to see any of them, bar Maybury, at Hibs - Maybury in coaching.

Agree. These imposters will have no desire to play in the Championship. I can see many agreeing to rip up their contracts and taking the easy option out the door. My worry is that Hibs in the Championship might be the best offer they get.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Agree. These imposters will have no desire to play in the Championship. I can see many agreeing to rip up their contracts and taking the easy option out the door. My worry is that Hibs in the Championship might be the best offer they get.

Exactly.

Who else is going to want the likes of Nelson and McGivern?

McKenzie
25-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Thought Maybury was the best if a bad bunch. His experience will be vital in developing the younger players. One of the few I would keep. Agree major clear out required though

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:38 PM

Nah - Heff has English pedigree so he will be fine. Craig will perhaps be a catch for Partick or the likes....even going back to Saints. Nelson - my lads football team wouldn't take that caaaant, and Collins will end up in Conference.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I can actually see mcgivern getting a team quite easy either spl or England