PDA

View Full Version : Piping in the sound of fans chanting over the tannoys at ET

Northernhibee
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Ram your chanting sounds - that was nearly as embarrassing as the result. If playing songs when we score is artificial then that's just taking the piss.

Wheat Hound
25-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Yep thought that was utterly cringeworthy.....how about a team that makes the fans that are actually there sing?

ZS DOOM
25-05-2014, 09:58 PM
****ing embarrassing. sums up today

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM
At least The Yams got beat. According to the scoreboard

Hibs90
Thought I heard that. Small time pish

Hibeesforever
Ram your chanting sounds - that was nearly as embarrassing as the result. If playing songs when we score is artificial then that's just taking the piss.

Totally agree with you. After the Board's offensive statement, makes the humble fan seem very insignificant. Petrie's fault again. Embarrassing.

hfc rd
25-05-2014, 10:00 PM
True, that did sound very cringeworthy.

GlasgowHibee
25-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I was cringing like **** when this happened. ***** idea.

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 10:02 PM
WTF was that all about ?, the fans were doing their bit without some North korean style sound effects.

hibeemikey21
25-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Canned laughter would have been more fitting

ehf
25-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Think the recording was from the SC win at Rugby Park last year; oh for the player of the quality of Matt Done today...

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 10:06 PM
At least The Yams got beat. According to the scoreboard

1-0 by St Mirren.

Even the scoreboard was below par today.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Canned laughter would have been more fitting

agreed

(((Fergus)))
25-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Which Proclaimers song was played before the penalties (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27569763)? Surely to God not SoL?

Gus Fring
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
The announcer is a useless erse! Hasn't got the first clue of how to start anything resembling an atmosphere, plays daft dance tunes in the build up, can never hear a word he's saying and then pumps in artificial crowd noise? What does he do that actually justifies his wage?

ehf
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Which Proclaimers song was played before the penalties (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27569763)? Surely to God not SoL?

No; pretty much the only plus about today was that they did not play SOL at any point.

ehf
25-05-2014, 10:42 PM
The announcer is a useless erse! Hasn't got the first clue of how to start anything resembling an atmosphere, plays daft dance tunes in the build up, can never hear a word he's saying and then pumps in artificial crowd noise? What does he do that actually justifies his wage?

To be fair, it's a difficult job when there's a multiple car crash going on all around you; think there's an Arcade Fire song that might fit the bill, but perhaps a bit of a minority taste.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 10:43 PM
The last announcer was fired for winding up the fertz fans. But winding up Hibs fans seems to be part of the job description. :confused:

keep the faith
25-05-2014, 10:48 PM
The piped in singing was the point I really wondered if this club have now lost it. Laughing stock material.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 10:48 PM
The last announcer was fired for winding up the fertz fans. But winding up Hibs fans seems to be part of the job description. :confused:

Another sign of the disconnect between the club and the fans.

Gus Fring
25-05-2014, 10:50 PM
To be fair, it's a difficult job when there's a multiple car crash going on all around you; think there's an Arcade Fire song that might fit the bill, but perhaps a bit of a minority taste.

Not just today, this has been going on for a couple of seasons. Today's fake crowd noise was just the latest in a long line. Can anyone tell me they understand him when he speaks? I can understand the security announcements just fine and whenever he hands the microphone to somebody else to speak.

We need a proper experienced compere, not a failed club DJ whose only in the job because he DJ's in George Street and we know the clubs attachment to that!

To me he's indicative of the off field problems. He's crap at his job but he gets kept around because nobody has the stones to sack him. And IMO playing fake crowd noise is a sackable offence.

hfc rd
25-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Don't know any professional club that has done something as stupid as that today. Very embarrassing to say the least.

Greencore
25-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Thought it was to get the fans singing to motivate the team. But my god I was like what the hell.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Sackable offence.

LancashireHibby
26-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Just summed the whole day up for me. Finding new ways to p*** the fans off.

Aaron
26-05-2014, 09:50 AM

It was 500 Miles IIRC

Broken Gnome
26-05-2014, 09:51 AM
In fairness, the support was beyond numb by the point and its a split-second decision to try and get some sort of life around the place. Aye it was cringey but it's easy to say hindsight.

Too convenient to rip the p!sh out of people who have just been trying to do their job in surreal circumstances.

TAHibby
26-05-2014, 09:58 AM
How I wish the ****ing stadium announcer was the biggest problem right now.

emerald green
26-05-2014, 11:34 AM
I wonder whose brilliant idea it was? It really smacked of desperation. The club has become a laughing stock. So sad. So angry.

er75
26-05-2014, 09:03 PM
stadium announcer is the least of the problems at the club infact is nowhere near the issue. Several months ago we were all on here singing the boys praises…

Knowing Barrie personally I can tell you that most of the decisions with what is played and what is said on match days at the stadium is completely out of his control! The club instruct him what to play for opening and close. There are two of them that sit up in the away stand, one of which controls the scoreboard whilst the other (Barrie) is down at the dugouts prior to kick off.

The allez allez ou chant that was played out yesterday (which i agree was a shocking decision) was given to him from the club

To come on and suggest he is a failed club dj is somewhat laughable and shouldn't be discussed! The boy is one of the most successful dj's in the city our issues at our beloved club lie a lot deeper that a stadium announcer the abuse directed on twitter towards him today is piss poor and embarrassing.

I think the atmosphere within ER has been poor for a number of years.

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 09:08 PM
stadium announcer is the least of the problems at the club intact is nowhere near the issue. Several months ago we were all on here singing the boys praises…

Knowing Barrie personally I can tell you that most of the decisions with what is played and what is said on match days at the stadium is completely out of his control! The club instruct him what to play for opening and close. There are two of them that sit up in the away stand, one of which controls the scoreboard whilst the other (Barrie) is down at the dugouts prior to kick off.

The allez allez ou chant that was played out yesterday (which i agree was a shocking decision) was given to him from the club I know this for fact as i personally have slated it before to him

To come on and suggest he is a failed club dj is somewhat laughable and shouldn't be discussed! The boy is one of the most successful dj's in the city our issues at our beloved club lie a lot deeper that a stadium announcer the abuse directed on twitter towards him today is piss poor and embarrassing.

Cheers Barrie, keep up the horrible work :aok:

PS Your mate who is doing the Scoreboard isn't doing a very good job either.

Northernhibee
26-05-2014, 09:12 PM
stadium announcer is the least of the problems at the club intact is nowhere near the issue. Several months ago we were all on here singing the boys praises…

The allez allez ou chant that was played out yesterday (which i agree was a shocking decision) was given to him from the club I know this for fact as i personally have slated it before to him

Fair play - just shows the disconnect between the clubs management and the rest of us.

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Fair play - just shows the disconnect between the clubs management and the rest of us.

Sounds like the problem at the club is always to blame it on someone else. Maybe Barrie should tell us who is actually at fault so we can direct out anger to the correct person? Where did the order come from?

Northernhibee
26-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Sounds like the problem at the club is always to blame it on someone else. Maybe Barrie should tell us who is actually at fault so we can direct out anger to the correct person? Where did the order come from?

Honestly, I think that the problem is that the board are more interested in marketing season tickets and so forth to us like we're shoppers in a supermarket. I don't want to hear about "Butcher's Army" and "Fortresses", I don't want clever ploys to get people through the gates when the football is piss poor and will drive people out the gates just as quick, I want them to treat our club as a football club as that's what the people in the stands want.

Take the money put towards marketing campaigns and put it into the team. Put more money into the team. Set the club up to play good football with good players who fight for the shirt and show pride to be playing for Hibernian and then the fans will come back and they will come back for good.

I'm sick to death of bloody Hibs marketing.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Grim. Like our season from the word go.

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Honestly, I think that the problem is that the board are more interested in marketing season tickets and so forth to us like we're shoppers in a supermarket. I don't want to hear about "Butcher's Army" and "Fortresses", I don't want clever ploys to get people through the gates when the football is piss poor and will drive people out the gates just as quick, I want them to treat our club as a football club as that's what the people in the stands want.

Take the money put towards marketing campaigns and put it into the team. Put more money into the team. Set the club up to play good football with good players who fight for the shirt and show pride to be playing for Hibernian and then the fans will come back and they will come back for good.

I'm sick to death of bloody Hibs marketing.

I don't think the club spends as much on marketing as you think it does. Certainly not enough to adversely affect the playing budget. Getting the season tickets is what affects the playing budget which is why they need marketed in the first place. I don't think when a player is signed anybody thinks they won't play well either.

Things like fake crown noise affect peoples perceptions though. Yes, the team was poor, but when the club is making cringeworthy decisions to try and fake the atmosphere it reflects badly. Especially when the attendance was so high in the first place. It gives the impression that the club doesn't care whether we back the team or not because they'll just pretend they do.

We've been slagging Hearts for faking attendances all season but now Hibs are faking what the crowd does even when it's a sellout! Green tinted glasses off at it's utterly cringeworthy.

Id like to know whose responsible for this decision if the announcer is deflecting blame. They need to be told, politely, not to make the same mistake again.

er75
26-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Gus I am by no means putting myself forward to speak on behalf of Barrie but trying to put a point across. Regardless of how pish he was yesterday we can't blame him for the product on the park

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Gus I am by no means putting myself forward to speak on behalf of Barrie but trying to put a point across. Regardless of how pish he was yesterday we can't blame him for the product on the park

Im not blaming him for the product on the pitch but I am blaming him for his part in the product off it. The whole club has an accountability problem.

SaulGoodman
26-05-2014, 10:52 PM
That Allez au or however it's spelled has been played a few times before tbf. Plus the only version they can get of it is from fans singing it, not like they could get the studio version :wink:

er75
26-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Im not blaming him for the product on the pitch but I am blaming him for his part in the product off it. The whole club has an accountability problem.

The point I'm making is that Barrie is quite clearly working to instruction. Your not aware of what he is or is not to do on a game to game
basis nor am I but I know he has a list of instructions written by the guys behind the scenes.

Willie is quite clearly proof of the pudding.

ALF TUPPER
26-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I wonder whose brilliant idea it was? It really smacked of desperation. The club has become a laughing stock. So sad. So angry.

Was very cringeworthy.

Said to my son at the time that it reminded me of that scene in the "Escape to Victory" movie when the Germans were playing the Allied POWs and they turn up the volume on a recording of fans cheering.

Any attempt to spur our support at that stage was pointless anyway. The team had already lost our support by by that point. We were numb.
Hopefully a lesson learnt.

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 11:15 PM
The point I'm making is that Barrie is quite clearly working to instruction. Your not aware of what he is or is not to do on a game to game
basis nor am I but I know he has a list of instructions written by the guys behind the scenes.

Willie is quite clearly proof of the pudding.

Which is why I asked if it's not his fault whose fault is it? It seems whatever the problem at Hibs is, everyone is always passing the buck on to nameless and faceless individuals. "A bigger boy made me do it".

I know for a fact Barrie has a fair bit of control over the music that is played during the match with a few exceptions. I also know he's in control of the microphone when he talks. Or did someone tell him to press it right into his face and talk in a way nobody can understand him?

Someone must know whose decision this stuff is?

GlenrothesHibee
27-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I thought it was embarrassing

er75
27-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Which is why I asked if it's not his fault whose fault is it? It seems whatever the problem at Hibs is, everyone is always passing the buck on to nameless and faceless individuals. "A bigger boy made me do it".

I know for a fact Barrie has a fair bit of control over the music that is played during the match with a few exceptions. I also know he's in control of the microphone when he talks. Or did someone tell him to press it right into his face and talk in a way nobody can understand him?

Someone must know whose decision this stuff is?

I'm not sure who he reports to.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Cringeworthy stuff indeed.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I was under the stand at the time and my heart just sank ......... as if we needed any more ways to make the club a laughing stock.

heidtheba
27-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Ew - don't like the sound of that as a concept at all. Only time I experienced anything similar was at the Gordon Hunter game at Tynie when they read out the Hertz team, cue rapturous applause the like of which the Maracana would be proud of...only to see a few Jambos chomping on pies and reading their programmes...

Not very impressive.

Stan the Man
27-05-2014, 10:57 PM
The decision to play that absolute embarrassment must have been made by someone who has come into football late in life. Never stood on terraces and quite simply DOES NOT GET IT. It really was the dangle berry on top of the turd roll that was served up on Sunday.
Can you imagine any other self respecting club with any pride or heritage, playing the sound of their fans singing over the tanoy.
How can fans sing if they are being drowned out by a pre recorded version of themselves?
Another embarrassment was the music still playing till virtually the 1st spot kick was taken. It smacks of someone thinking they were a much bigger deal than they actually are.
I can only hope which ever clown(s) responsible will be part of the summer clearout.

CraigHibee
27-05-2014, 11:08 PM
was an embarrassing decision to do this, I actually cringed when it blasted out, just another thing to add to the list

Togs91
27-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Thought it was to get the fans singing to motivate the team. But my god I was like what the hell.

Standing in the east when i heard our fans singing through a tannoy, it killed any sort of atmosphere that was left. All the supporters around me including myself were too busy looking at each other in disbelief with the same thought on our mind, 'WTF is going on' was like the club saying 'your a s@&;e support so we have pre recorded a cringeworthy attemp to make 18000 hibbys sound happy. Another cherry to top off a s@&£e day.

Jack
28-05-2014, 06:40 AM
I think generally its a decent idea.

I think at that game, at that time was up there with all the other poor decisions the club has made.