PDA

View Full Version : Michael Nelson

talking_wiss
25-05-2014, 09:01 PM
It's painful to watch him play. Has a player with so little footballing ability ever played as many games for hibs???

Wheat Hound
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
He is the worst Hibs player ever.

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Watch out mate

I suggested his sending off a few weeks ago could save our season .... I got pelters from most

He got straight back in and has been the worst offender of hoof ball and poor defending

However ..... The rest were as culpable today

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I will never watch another game that Michael Nelson plays in again.
Every cloud and all that.

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Without a doubt the worst player I've seen play for Hibs in my 20 years attending.

talking_wiss
25-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Watch out mate

I suggested his sending off a few weeks ago could save our season .... I got pelters from most

He got straight back in and has been the worst offender of hoof ball and poor defending

However ..... The rest were as culpable today

He's not even capable of a reasonable standard of hoof. They either go straight up in the air or head for the 9th or 10th row.

GGTTH07
25-05-2014, 09:08 PM
His aimless punt was the summary of our season.

Sir David Gray
I don't like singling out individuals for criticism but he is absolutely atrocious.

Every time he gets near the ball, he just kicks it as high and as hard as he possibly can with absolutely no purpose or direction in mind.

Hopeless.

mcfly
Guy is hopeless and so is the manager for picking him every week.

The_Exile
I wouldn't mind so much if the hoofs weren't so aimless, at least aim it in the general direction of the ****ing box!!!

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Christ he isn't the worst player ever to play for the club. How you can single him out over the rest I have no idea. Some.people did the same.weeks ago when Forster was at fault for four goals in as many weeks. Did he give the ball away suicidally for the first goal? No. Mcgivern did. He deserves more pelters than nelson tonight. Everyone today was poor.

Skol
25-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Nelson is a reasonable defender, but with no distribution ability. If he had short pass midfield options he wouldn't have to resort to the aimless hood to an opposition player.

Exposed by our tactics I am afraid

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 09:10 PM
So predictable that you can see the opposing players looking skywards before he's cleared the ball. Add that to the number of times he manages to hoof it into the stand.

Nelson and Hamilton. That sounds familiar.

Stuarty27
25-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Said it from the start and was shot down in flames on here, fu ckin terrible signing and has been so bad it ain't even funny.

Hopefully he does the honourable thing and gtf!

Johnforr
25-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Christ he isn't the worst player ever to play for the club. How you can single him out over the rest I have no idea. Some.people did the same.weeks ago when Forster was at fault for four goals in as many weeks. Did he give the ball away suicidally for the first goal? No. Mcgivern did. He deserves more pelters than nelson tonight. Everyone today was poor.

Totally Agree with this ........ Others were way more culpable !

Scottie
25-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Just another poor signing that hasn't performed. Get rid.

Bearders
25-05-2014, 09:13 PM
........ Others were way more culpable ![/QUOTE]

Our captain for one. Total imposter.

AJHibby
25-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Utterly shocking player. What chance do our midfield and strikers have if whenever our defence win the ball it is punted straight back to the opposition? He might not have been directly responsible today but his inability to kick a football has cost us all season.

sbell1875
25-05-2014, 09:14 PM
The things Nelson has to do I feel he does well. However, anything and everything beyond that he is howkin.

After his red car against Partick Forster should have finished the season at CB. He's nowhere near the finished article but he's a million times better than Nelson.

But it's all academic now I suppose.

stewpot
Your right he is murder but he is not alone

Our captain ain't any better

Slim Shady
Possibly the worst player I have ever seen wear the green and white.

Certainly the worst defender we have ever had.

Contender for the worst player of the SPFL season considering the goals we have shipped / games lost / relegation.

HOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!

He has another year on his contract - hope to bejesus we have a release cause on relegation that has been triggered.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Utterly shocking player. What chance do our midfield and strikers have if whenever our defence win the ball it is punted straight back to the opposition? He might not have been directly responsible today but his inability to kick a football has cost us all season.

I would argue our tactics by our manager asking him to constantly hoof the ball (he didn't do it under fenlon) are more to blame.

He is a no nonsense committed defender but not a 'footballer' he's never going to make decent balls forward. Short passes to midfield is what he should be doing.

Slim Shady
25-05-2014, 09:15 PM
........ Others were way more culpable !

Our captain for one. Total imposter.[/QUOTE]

Liam Craig is not playing well - agreed. But you can't tell me his has no qualities. You don't just become pish when you join Hibs overnight

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:17 PM
And the devastating thing for youngsters is that he is coaching - abysmal does not even cover it with Nelson. By far and away the worst Hibs player I have seen in decades. Does not deserve to be on a pro contract with any side. Heart of a mouse.

mmmmhibby
Hooooooooooofffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!

Seekyit
Nelson is a reasonable defender, but with no distribution ability. If he had short pass midfield options he wouldn't have to resort to the aimless hood to an opposition player.

All our players would be ok in a different team at a different club. Not this team, not this club I'm sorry to say.

TornadoHibby
25-05-2014, 09:18 PM
It's painful to watch him play. Has a player with so little footballing ability ever played as many games for hibs???

Was a bombskare on Tuesday night and lived up to that reputation fully again today! :rolleyes:

dmc1875
Sorry. Nelson is definitely not the worst player to play for hibs. When beside hanlon people praised him Ffs

I hate always trying to defend him. I'm not saying he's the answer but there is no way he is.more.responsible than the rest.

Mcgivern and Forster over the last few weeks have been worse

Stevie Reid
He wasn't that good to begin with, but he got worse under Butcher - as every single one of our players has done.

Beefster
Nelson is a mediocre to middling Premiership defender but he has the worst passing ability of any Hibs player in the last 20 years. He possesses an uncanny ability to find an opposition player with his aimless hoofs up the park.

I said late last year that he was part of the reason why we were not scoring enough goals. I stand by that.

snooky
25-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Nelson is a paling stab as I've said ad nausium however, your point about options for someone to pass to is spot on. However, this applies to all Hibs players because no one will put themselves in position to take a pass.

Bishop Hibee
25-05-2014, 09:24 PM
The worst CH I've ever seen in a Hibs strip. Disgraceful that he played ahead of Forster. Incredibly, I believe he got a 2 year deal so the oil tanker will be here next season.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 09:27 PM
The worst CH I've ever seen in a Hibs strip. Disgraceful that he played ahead of Forster. Incredibly, I believe he got a 2 year deal so the oil tanker will be here next season.

Don't think it's disgraceful. Forster has cost us too many goals from blatant errors and lack of.marking his.man

easty
25-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Nelson is painful to watch. I don't expect Sol Bamba style defending from him. He's probably never been all that comfortable on the ball, he's not going to change now. He is, though, a professional footballer and is capable of controlling a ball and looking up. I think it's the fact that Nelson will hoooof the ball to **** wether or not he's under any pressure. It's totally unnecessary. It gives the opposition the ball back more or less 100% of the time.

He's not even close to the worst we have ever had though.

easty
25-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Nelson is a paling stab as I've said ad nausium however, your point about options for someone to pass to is spot on. However, this applies to all Hibs players because no one will put themselves in position to take a pass.

Stanton looked for the ball today, so did Cummings. Nobody else.

Pray4Marc
25-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Player / Manager?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Said from the beginning he was a terrible signings and was horrendous at Killie.

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 09:55 PM
absolute ****in' donkey

matty_f
25-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Nelson is an awful footballer.

Sumner
25-05-2014, 10:24 PM
RANK ROTTEN

Jason Scotland, heavy & 35 waltzed past Nelson like he was a lamppost

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 10:29 PM
RANK ROTTEN

Jason Scotland, heavy & 35 waltzed past Nelson like he was a lamppostHe wouldnae have gotten past a lamppost so easily.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:29 PM
RANK ROTTEN

Kris Boyd waddled past Michael and you're surprised Jason waltzed past him - I suggest a waltz is quicker and more stylish :greengrin

What angers me more about Nelson is he lauds himself as brave - he has zero bravery and is a coward on the pitch. He is in my top 3 of worst players I have seen at Hibs in 40 odd years.

Anyone into 'coffee clubs' can get tae anyway - soft as ***** patter from a centre half !!! :aok:

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 10:31 PM
RANK ROTTEN

All this even with having his waist size on the back of his top.

GreenOnions
25-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Don't think it's disgraceful. Forster has cost us too many goals from blatant errors and lack of.marking his.man

I was sitting today with some friends who have Hibs sympathies but are not Hibs fans and don't attend games. They were actually laughing at how terrible both Nelson and McGivern are - they couldn't believe either are playing in the SPFL.

I found it to be just a massive embarrassment and Nelson and McGivern were absolutely at the core of that. People involved in football often sneer when fans offer opinions because "they don't really understand the game". How the F*&k anyone signing either of these guys can claim any football knowledge is beyond normal understanding and an utter insult.

Rod Petrie has many, many questions to answer but how can someone who is paid to manage a football club at this level bring players like that to the club. It's utterly unforgiveable and not due simply to penny-pinching by the board. Eight teams above us in the league have smaller budgets than we do.

Yes - the whole team was poor today but these two were the absolute icing on the cake and were both walking reasons for the outcome to this season.

Heisenberg
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Woeful player. Get him to ****.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:42 PM
I was sitting today with some friends who have Hibs sympathies but are not Hibs fans and don't attend games. They were actually laughing at how terrible both Nelson and McGivern are - they couldn't believe either are playing in the SPFL.

I found it to be just a massive embarrassment and Nelson and McGivern were absolutely at the core of that. People involved in football often sneer when fans offer opinions because "they don't really understand the game". How the F*&k anyone signing either of these guys can claim any football knowledge is beyond normal understanding and an utter insult.

Rod Petrie has many, many questions to answer but how can someone who is paid to manage a football club at this level bring players like that to the club. It's utterly unforgiveable and not due simply to penny-pinching by the board. Eight teams above us in the league have smaller budgets than we do.

Yes - the whole team was poor today but these two were the absolute icing on the cake and were both walking reasons for the outcome to this season.

They're not Partick fans are they ? I know two lads who watch Hibs when PT are not playing and they say the same :aok: have to say that's why I have a soft spot for Thistle 'cos of them, and two Killie fans that do the same - in fact my Killie mate bought a season ticket for both Killie and Hibs.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Every single game he is terrible, wins a couple of headers but other than that?
Is the like of Bradley Donaldson any better? Forsters not been great lately but much rather him. A half for mcpake? Christ even Tudor jones at centre half.

Speaking if Tudor jones, on the edge of the box for the second goal when he tried to "tackle" he should of took, the man, the ball, the grass, anything and anyone within 5 yards of him..... He pulled out?

macd123
25-05-2014, 10:50 PM

100%

He just needs to do what he s good at. Get his ugly head on the ball and under no circumstances try to pass it more than 5 yards. Could be effective under most coaches. But nelson playing 40 yard long balls to our vertically challenged "target men" heffernan, harris and cummings is the most bizarre game plan i have ever seen.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Every single game he is terrible, wins a couple of headers but other than that?
Is the like of Bradley Donaldson any better? Forsters not been great lately but much rather him. A half for mcpake? Christ even Tudor jones at centre half.

Speaking if Tudor jones, on the edge of the box for the second goal when he tried to "tackle" he should of took, the man, the ball, the grass, anything and anyone within 5 yards of him..... He pulled out?

Bradley was lucky to be at Hibs in my opinion - not a fan.

OTJ - plays like he did today, like someone has hit the still advance button on a remote. Someone questioned why he's in the Welsh squad - I'd say comedy value or he makes a decent bunk bed if hotel is pash !

Watch him in the 1-1 game v Celtic when Heff scored - really watch him - the most perfect example of a rabbit in headlights and the game the convinced me that he was out his depth. A horrible footballer to watch and not a midfielder that I want in any Hibernian side. Horrible horrrible horrible footballer.

GreenOnions
25-05-2014, 10:52 PM
They're not Partick fans are they ? I know two lads who watch Hibs when PT are not playing and they say the same :aok: have to say that's why I have a soft spot for Thistle 'cos of them, and two Killie fans that do the same - in fact my Killie mate bought a season ticket for both Killie and Hibs.

He's a Dundee fan actually - but strangely, his strongest football emotion is a hatred of Hearts! I don't even know why.

His comments on the game were probably similar to those of most Hibs fans. The most strident of these were about our embarrassment of a central defence, his incomprehension that a team like Hibs can afford not to select Kevin Thomson or offer him a new contract or make him captain and that Sam Stanton is the only one who looked like a player.

On another note - I met Tom Taiwo at the game. He seemed a really nice guy and said that he has settled up here and would love to stay. He says that everyone was going in tomorrow to be told their fate.

Sean1875
25-05-2014, 10:54 PM
look up. find a man. play a pass. simple.
Whenever Nelson gets the ball he acts as if it's a time bomb and just reacts by hitting it as hard and far away from him as possible, absolute huddy who should never wear the green and white again.

macd123
25-05-2014, 10:56 PM
He is the worst Hibs player ever.

Worse than brian kerr?

madhatter
25-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Worse than brian kerr?

In my opinion, yes.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Bradley was lucky to be at Hibs in my opinion - not a fan.

OTJ - plays like he did today, like someone has hit the still advance button on a remote. Someone questioned why he's in the Welsh squad - I'd say comedy value or he makes a decent bunk bed if hotel is pash !

Watch him in the 1-1 game v Celtic when Heff scored - really watch him - the most perfect example of a rabbit in headlights and the game the convinced me that he was out his depth. A horrible footballer to watch and not a midfielder that I want in any Hibernian side. Horrible horrrible horrible footballer.

Was lucky? Is he not still here under contract? Also why you not a fan

I actually thought Tudor jones wasn't too bad today, well compared to everyone else

neil7908
25-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Although I'm raging at the moment and always try and not criticise individual players its pretty difficult with some of our current squad.

I don't think Nelson is one of the team who doesn't care - he just should never have been brought to the club. Not an SPL quality player by a million miles. His distribution is genuinely terrible. Part of the problem however is that often when he gets the ball in defence there is no movement in front of him, the players are so static he just has to lump it forward. Rob Jones was probably just as bad a passer but all he would do is give the ball to Boozy, Brown etc and let them get on with it. Nowadays the team has no shape, no movement and a group of players who look like they've never seen a football before.

The position we find ourselves in is a collective failing from the very top to the bottom of the club. Apart from a couple of the young players like Stanton I don't think any player in the current squad could be pleased with their efforts this season.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Was lucky? Is he not still here under contract? Also why you not a fan

I actually thought Tudor jones wasn't too bad today, well compared to everyone else

Never have rated Donaldson, and OTJ offers the sum of zero to a midfield I want to see - I love a midfield to be energetic, circulating the ball quickly, creative - he has size and bulk - but is crap !!

I don't pay to watch players play side to side passes and play safe - I want creativity in midfield and a bit of speed and bite.

OTJ was a bizarre signing when you see what Claros offered in the same 'role'. The whole midfield, minus SS, lacks pace, spark, creation and vision.

dave62
25-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Nelson should have been signed till the end of this season as cover for McPake or if McPake wasn't going to be available until we could find someone better next season. Unfortunately somebody decided it was a good idea to sign him up for a two year contract and now we will have to pay to get rid.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Nelson should have been signed till the end of this season as cover for McPake or if McPake wasn't going to be available until we could find someone better next season. Unfortunately somebody decided it was a good idea to sign him up for a two year contract and now we will have to pay to get rid.

Cover for McPake ?? You'd need a hooooooooooooooooooooge cover.

Someone will pay for Nelson - not Paramount comedy, but someone from lower English leagues will sign him.

McPake - he'll spend all day on Twitter.

joebakerforever
25-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Nelson turned in some decent performances early on, and was part of a defence which was sound.

IMO when Butcher came in, he transformed Nelson from a reliable CH playing within his limitations, into a shambolic player that got progressively worse as the season wore on.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 12:24 AM

F*** me I thought Zammo from Grange Hill was off his nugget - can't see you getting any charity single or a trip to the White House mate - off your trolley if you think he is a footballer. He is without doubt an awful player, standing in the way of a good football player.

He should stick to coffee, coaching 10 year olds down south and leaving Hibernian FC - I want him nowhere near my football club, he is impeding progress. He is someone you would see on ITV 4 at 7.30am on 'Football Classics' when 'Birmingham play Leyton Orient' !!!

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Find it hard to read some of the posts about Nelson. He is an out and out centre half, no airs or graces. Perhaps he should try to pretend that he is a player, play with a scowl on his face and dive into tackles. He might be accepted then.
well it worked for a former skipper didn't it?

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 02:07 AM
Find it hard to read some of the posts about Nelson. He is an out and out centre half, no airs or graces. Perhaps he should try to pretend that he is a player, play with a scowl on his face and dive into tackles. He might be accepted then.
well it worked for a former skipper didn't it?

No, perhaps he should just go - he's terrible as has been proved - he'll be incredibly lucky to get better than Killie and Bradford, let alone where he ended up - he's a coward !

(((Fergus)))
26-05-2014, 02:07 AM
So predictable that you can see the opposing players looking skywards before he's cleared the ball. Add that to the number of times he manages to hoof it into the stand.

Nelson and Hamilton. That sounds familiar.

Except it use to be Nelson who fu/ked Hamilton

(((Fergus)))
26-05-2014, 02:11 AM
RANK ROTTEN

More like Nelson came flying past Scotland trying to make up for McGivern's comedy pass and his own lack of positional sense.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 02:14 AM
No, perhaps he should just go - he's terrible as has been proved - he'll be incredibly lucky to get better than Killie and Bradford, let alone where he ended up - he's a coward !
He may be limited in his ability but he isn't a coward. Unless you can prove otherwise.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 02:14 AM
He may be limited in his ability but he isn't a coward. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Easily - last 20 games !

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 02:15 AM
Easily - last 20 games !
Define coward

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 02:17 AM

In fact, no, you prove otherwise ?

Centre halves organise and lead - when has Nelson ? He's utterly gash, worst player I've seen in decades, more keen on coffee clubs and twitter ! Plus I don't like him !

There ya go !

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Define coward

Sorry to interrupt yer coffee Michael - you big huge coward !

confused
26-05-2014, 06:18 AM
If Nelson is the answer ??? then it must be an really stupid question .

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 06:32 AM
If Nelson is the answer ??? then it must be an really stupid question .

I'm still waiting on Bestie's response to Nelson being a coward on a football pitch - Michael Nelson is a coward, cannot lead, joker who cannot play football, never led a side that needed experienced heads to drive it forward, always played with his head down and his heart in his pocket.......bravery of a mouse, launched the football anytime it came near him due to chronic inabiity to pass a football under pressure or not.

Won a few headers, woopie doo :aok:

Coward - hope he finds someone who will take him. I don't want to see him in a Hibs jersey ever again. Same applies to Liam Craig.

GreenOnions
26-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Nelson turned in some decent performances early on, and was part of a defence which was sound.

IMO when Butcher came in, he transformed Nelson from a reliable CH playing within his limitations, into a shambolic player that got progressively worse as the season wore on.

This is a myth that comes up once in a while on here. Nelson cost us goals every week right from the start of the season! Far more than any other player - especially Forster - whose game IMO has suffered by having to move position to accommodate someone who has no business playing at SPFL level.

I said after the first home league game of the season that Nelson should be nowhere near the first team. He cost us goals either directly or indirectly in each of our early season games: v Motherwell (long ball over his and Mullen's head for Anier to score winning goal), v DUFC (another long through ball past Nelson), v Hearts away (the man he was marking beat him to a header to score the winning goal) then against Killie away where a poor defensive header from Nelson lands at Nicholson's feet who then lashes it straight into our net. The list goes on.... and on.... and on ..... and that is without discussing his terrible passing and his chronic lack of pace that makes us play so deep and give the opposition attackers so much space.

No - I don't agree that he "turned in some decent performances early on". Sorry.