PDA

View Full Version : Fitness

Skol
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I thought the look of our squads fitness(football aside) was poor. Some of them were struggling long before extra time. During extra time some of the players were absolutely finished and hiding - from youth to experience. These are full time professionals who train day in day out and are pampered.

I am not a kick in the pants off 50 years of age, work full time and ran the edinburgh half at under 6:30mm pace and still managed a sprint finish and if truth be told could have managed a few more miles at that effort if I had to.

I could have laced up boots and come on for extra time despite my half marathon in my legs from the morning and shown more effort than some of these guys.

Hang your heads in shame !

ehf
25-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I thought the look of our squads fitness(football aside) was poor. Some of them were struggling long before extra time. During extra time some of the players were absolutely finished and hiding - from youth to experience. These are full time professionals who train day in day out and are pampered.

I am not a kick in the pants off 50 years of age, work full time and ran the edinburgh half at under 6:30mm pace and still managed a sprint finish and if truth be told could have managed a few more miles at that effort if I had to.

I could have laced up boots and come on for extra time despite my half marathon in my legs from the morning and shown more effort than some of these guys.

:agree:

Jason Scotland is nearly 36 and was still buzzing about in extra time. Jason Cummings is half his age but was blowing out of his erse. But we couldn't take him off because Butcher had wasted a substitution by starting Haynes and subbing a sub with Harris.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Take a look at the Hibs 'warm up' - that is all you need to see.

Marsella would rather talk to officials than take the keepers for a proper warm up.

Things like that don't go unnoticed by 'non Hibs' people - it's been commented on the last few games I've been at. Also posted a few months back that an ex player now coach was surprised that Hibs had a policy of 'once you're in the first team' you don't come back and do more - he was of a mind that players like Harris, Caldwell, Handling and Forster should still be coming in for afternoon sessions with the younger players and learning the game and thus getting to train with players that may come into the side in the future.

easty
25-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't think it's an actual fitness issue. I'm pretty sure our players are physically fitter. Mentally though, our lads are ****ed. They aren't able to handle the situation at all.

Coco Bryce
25-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Also at half time all the Hamilton subs were all on the pitch warming up. Where were ours? In the dressing room drinking tea ffs.

easty
25-05-2014, 09:49 PM
:agree:

Jason Scotland is nearly 36 and was still buzzing about in extra time. Jason Cummings is half his age but was blowing out of his erse. But we couldn't take him off because Butcher had wasted a substitution by starting Haynes and subbing a sub with Harris.

Cummings did a lot more running than Scotland, because Hamilton played the right way and it meant Scotland wasn't wasting energy running about chasing nothing balls.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Comparing Scotland and Cummings today is completely different. Hamilton were always on the front foot, Scotland never had to chase after the ball. Cummings never had it and had to chase after loss causes all day and close down their defenders and midfielders

hibIBZ
25-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I thought our players looked slower and physically weaker than most of our opponents this season. You would struggled to slip a fiver under Liam Craig when he jumps for a header. Been this way for years now. Our clubs proximity to George street could have something to do with this

calumhibee1
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM
We looked knackered because we spent all day chasing shadows while Hamilton passed it around us all afternoon.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I've brought it up before. But these players look as if they haven't been trained properly.

The overall fitness levels are poor and the tactical naivety throughout the team is beyond amateur.

easty
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM
I thought our players looked slower and physically weaker than most of our opponents this season. You would struggled to slip a fiver under Liam Craig when he jumps for a header. Been this way for years now. Our clubs proximity to George street could have something to do with this

Our team lacks pace. That's not really a training issue though, they're just not quick.

It's like when I go visit my gran, I now accept that when I ring the doorbell I'll have a couple of mins to wait til she gets to the door. The same way I expect to wait a couple of mins for Nelson to turn round to run back.

heretoday
25-05-2014, 10:06 PM
To be fair Hamilton were out on their feet too but they had an inner strength which we lacked. And they had been practising penalties.

Haymaker
25-05-2014, 10:10 PM
- he was of a mind that players like Harris, Caldwell, Handling and Forster should still be coming in for afternoon sessions with the younger players and learning the game and thus getting to train with players that may come into the side in the future.

Currently a major point in youth development across the world, pretty much developed by Rene Muelensteen IIRC. When Marcheda scored to win United the league he was still training with the youths mostly. 1st team training tends to be very repetitive and based around the game ahead, young players can/should still be learning in youth training.

Baader
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
You save energy by keeping the ball. We were the ones chasing after it. Embarrassing

Weir7
25-05-2014, 10:40 PM

Butcher the dhinasor got rid of sports scientists fitness coach months ago