PDA

View Full Version : The way forward

1875er
25-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Bring in John Collins with a free reign and get him to bring in 10-15 hungry players who will fight for the right to wear the shirt. A young coach like Ian Murray to help out. Sorry but TB and MM are not the answer. Too many players in the comfort zone picking up £70k a year to turn up at E M and go through the motions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdships
25-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Bring in John Collins with a free reign and get him to bring in 10-15 hungry players who will fight for the right to wear the shirt. A young coach like Ian Murray to help out. Sorry but TB and MM are not the answer. Too many players in the comfort zone picking up £70k a year to turn up at E M and go through the motions.

Achieved nothing as a Manager - " Tried and found guilty" .
Now yesterdays man !!:rolleyes:

PeachyCarnehan
25-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Have you forgotten the league Cup?

HibbyAndy
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM

Just cause you personally dont like him?

Your talking............

jdships
25-05-2014, 09:07 PM
No !
But his man management skills were NON EXISTANT . For instance could never find the time to have a " one to one " with young players who were looking for help and advice .
Team sports are all about bonding , getting the right mix in the coaching staff and respect on both sides Collins failed to do achieve any of these things and he " lost" the dressing room .

MacGruber
25-05-2014, 09:09 PM

As much as it hurts like a mother ****** right now we do need to find a vision/changes for a way forward but as much as there is a lot of positive things Collins brings, identifying players isn't one of them. Plays football the right way though and his attitude/professionalism is without question. Bringing players players in isn't his strong point.... but I get the sentiment.

jdships
25-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Just cause you personally dont like him?

Your talking............

Strangely enough on the number of occasions I have met JC at functions over the years have always enjoyed his company - last time was two weeks ago in Glasgow
Suggest you speak withe players who were at ER when he wasthere .
My two lads tried on more than one occasion to get a " one to one" and were brushed off
Wee bit of research and you find out quite a lot - you should try it !!

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 09:24 PM
What's the love in with getting Collins back? Yes he should have been backed but never and Petrie screwed up having the meeting with the players.

Yes I want to see us play good football with youngsters but Collins is not the man