PDA

View Full Version : tom english hibs prehistoric playing hoofball

davehiby
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27569763 pretty true

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Can't call that football. Worse than calderwood, worse than mixu. Just chronic tactics. The players shouldn't listen. They should be smart enough to realise it isn't working and try something else.

matty_f
25-05-2014, 08:22 PM
We were worse than pre-historic.

Boot it as hard as you can in the direction you're facing and hope for the best. ****ing brutal style of football, we played with no courage, no thought, no heart and no bottle.

Absolutely horrendous performance from the team and the management.

Tom English is being kind to us.

TornadoHibby
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Accurate description of what has happened at ER since TB & MM arrived and particularly today! :agree:

Sad but true! :agree:

leggeto
25-05-2014, 08:25 PM
That dick head is delighted we are down,seek listening to him today,although he did say Petrie must take the blame

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
can't argue with much if any of that sadly :rolleyes:

eastterrace
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
ball goes into midfield sammy passes out to stevenson who then slows everything down then passes back to craig who then puts it further back to mcgivern who then hoofs it up the pitch. multiply this by about 20 times and the opposition have an easy time it so boring.

Fergos
25-05-2014, 08:27 PM
That dick head is delighted we are down,seek listening to him today,although he did say Petrie must take the blame

What is he saying that's wrong?

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Your heart sinks every time Nelson and McGivern pick the ball up as the only thing on their minds is HOOOF. like a human horse, big and lazy boot up the park to nobody.

MacGruber
25-05-2014, 08:32 PM

It's not so much that what he's saying is wrong, it's largely true. It's that to me he comes across like he's beating one off writing it.

Del Boy
25-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Hamilton, ******* Hamilton gave us a lesson in playing football today. They don't have great players by any stretch of the imagination but from defence right through to attack they got the ball down, passed and moved. We lumped the ball into corners - or through to keeper or just into the stand ffs! - every time we got it.

We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Butcher.

leggeto
25-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Don't mean the article that's pretty much spot on,it was his attitude on the radio earlier

Golden Bear
25-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I heard Tom English's radio interview and he was spot on in everything he said about the Club, the Management and the supporters.

Fergos
25-05-2014, 08:36 PM
It's not so much that what he's saying is wrong, it's largely true. It's that to me he comes across like he's beating one off writing it.

Tom English hasn't employed a lineage of managers that have under performed and he certainly doesn't tell the players to implement hoorball type tactics...the custodians and people in senior positions at ER shoudl take responsibility for letting journos like this write what is essentially the truth.

Fergos
25-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Don't mean the article that's pretty much spot on,it was his attitude on the radio earlier

I heard it too in the car on the way home....I didn't like it...because it was the truth.

The custodians in senior positions at ER have put us in this position, not Tom English and believe me I'm no fan of his either.

gillythehibby
25-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Maybe he's hit the nail on the head. Only saying what most of us have for ages. The fact that English pulls no punches with Hibs is that he considers HIbs one of our bigger clubs who should be doing a lot better?

leggeto
25-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I heard it too in the car on the way home....I didn't like it...because it was the truth.

The custodians in senior positions at ER have put us in this position, not Tom English and believe me I'm no fan of his either.

OK but he's still a cock

MacGruber
25-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Tom English hasn't employed a lineage of managers that have under performed and he certainly doesn't tell the players to implement hoorball type tactics...the custodians and people in senior positions at ER shoudl take responsibility for letting journos like this write what is essentially the truth.

Totally agree.
I don't blame Tom English for anything.
Don't even think he's off the mark.
Lots of truth.
Just comes over to me like he's reveling in it.
If you don't get that impression fair enough.

mmmmhibby
25-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts, he is spot on.

Irish_Steve
25-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I listened to Tom English on the way home and everything he said was true - he blamed Petrie saying RP has been asleep at the wheel for years - couldn`t have put it better myself

IWasThere2016
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
He's called it right IMHO.

Fergos
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Totally agree.
I don't blame Tom English for anything.
Don't even think he's off the mark.
Lots of truth.
Just comes over to me like he's reveling in it.
If you don't get that impression fair enough.

No I dont get that impression...quite obvious that i ont too.....he can't write it if the evidence isn't there....lashing out at journos is misguided...lash oot at the fannies in charge at ER....better use of any anger that is out there.

Stewboy
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Hhhhooooooooooooooooofffffffffffff

That is the football we play. It's embarrassing

Postman
25-05-2014, 08:50 PM
That is a very accurate article. Tough reading but hits the nail on the head.

CraigHibee
25-05-2014, 08:51 PM

i'm sure it was tom english i heard on the radio after the match, pretty much word for word in that article what was said on the radio, certainly cannot disagree with anything he said bud, its grim reading but reality

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I like the guy. Says what most are thinking and is he wrong?

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
He is 100 % correct

Hoofball = no creativity and no goals

We are where the board management and majority of players deserve to be

MacGruber
25-05-2014, 08:57 PM
No I dont get that impression...quite obvious that i ont too.....he can't write it if the evidence isn't there....lashing out at journos is misguided...lash oot at the fannies in charge at ER....better use of any anger that is out there.

Again Fergos, totally agree. I'm not lashing out at Journos just making passing a comment on the thread. Petrie/Butcher/Malpas and 90% of the playing squad out for starters - that's where my focus is.

Jonnyboy
25-05-2014, 08:57 PM
We were worse than pre-historic.

Boot it as hard as you can in the direction you're facing and hope for the best. ****ing brutal style of football, we played with no courage, no thought, no heart and no bottle.

Absolutely horrendous performance from the team and the management.

Tom English is being kind to us.

Yep, Heff at the front and hoof at the back :agree:

Risboro Hibby
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Spot on in my book that Hibs the institution with our fan base and history will be a miss to the Premiership but the teams we have been putting on the park for the last few seasons will definitely be no loss.

green is good
25-05-2014, 09:04 PM
It's bad enough to keep playing hoofball for a whole game when it's plain to see that it isn't working but to keep it up for months on end...:bitchy:

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 09:06 PM
He is 100% spot on. The current players are "squatters in a mansion" as he described it which is true.

ekhibee
25-05-2014, 09:14 PM
This was the phrase that stuck out for me:

" this club that has for so long been a shadow of what it can be and what it ought to be."

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 09:15 PM
It's bad enough to keep playing hoofball for a whole game when it's plain to see that it isn't working but to keep it up for months on end...:bitchy:

This!! The players should just ignore butcher and play football

dave62
25-05-2014, 10:50 PM
A lot of what Tom English says in that article hurts, but every word is true.

libernian
25-05-2014, 11:33 PM

:top marks

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 11:47 PM
A lot of what Tom English says in that article hurts, but every word is true.

And a lot of that is the problem - TE calls it as a non Hibs fan, and a Hibs fan (if they are honest) sees it !

I've loads of mates who support other clubs, and to a fan, they see Hibs as a soft touch - when they play us, they always feel they have a better than 'against any other club' chance. They also comment on Hibs fans - firstly they always say we are the most knowledgable and also the most inclusive.....in the sense that regardless of win/lose/draw, we are always the fairest in our assessment of a game.

That last comment is why we are a club in demise - we don't have the arrogance of 'them', we don't have the 'small mindednesss' or 'stukc in the success' of Aberdeen......or the supportiveness of Inverness or Saints (St J)..........we are actually more like Thistle in our psyche........a kind of 'we are cool, always been here, we have ups and downs' !

We need a right gareth hunt at the helm, and right roy keane in the playing squad, and fans that are a little bit more hostile - in my opinion.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Good article . Unfortunately there haven`t been many others like it and Butcher has been a protected species since day 1 . Not sure if it`s because he does media work or because it`s assumed he`ll be manager at Ibrox sooner or later so journalists have been slow to put the boot in . I left ER after the New Year Derby thinking club was going backwards despite win and hate to say I could see ensuing disaster then . Am actually more positive now thinking / hoping that something new is about to start . Lets face it , things can`t be worse next year than this .

(((Fergus)))
26-05-2014, 12:15 AM
He's got the gift of the gab alright, shades of Flann O'Brien:

On a day of many memorable images, there was one that springs to mind. Minutes before the end of normal time, and with his side clinging to a 2-1 lead like a man hanging from a cliff-top, Butcher walked to the edge of his technical area and started flapping his arms madly, like a big old bird attempting to take flight.

Flap, flap went Butcher and flap, flap went Butcher's players. Flap went his defenders as they hoofed the ball clear with the composure of men whose trousers were on fire. Flap went his midfielders and his strikers, devoid of confidence and any semblance of leadership.

This has been the way of it all season. Those panic-struck moments were the year - the era - [in] microcosm. A flapathon.

The_Horde
26-05-2014, 12:40 AM
I refuse to believe butcher said go out and play this way.

The ball was a hot tattie today as usual. Nobody wanted to take responsibility in front of the big crowd.

Cowards.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 12:53 AM
;4028318']I refuse to believe butcher said go out and play this way.

The ball was a hot tattie today as usual. Nobody wanted to take responsibility in front of the big crowd.

Cowards.

Squad full of them - James McPake :faf::faf::faf::faf: auditioning for Irvine Welsh since he joined. Shame Irvine is a drug inspired f*** up who knows as much about football players as Begbie knew about conciliation.

Steve-O
26-05-2014, 01:00 AM
Butcher hasn't played football in about 20 years and he still thinks the way it was played then is how it should be played now.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Butcher hasn't played football in about 20 years and he still thinks the way it was played then is how it should be played now.

I don't think football was ever played that badly 20 years ago.

Steve-O
26-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I don't think football was ever played that badly 20 years ago.

Maybe it just worked better back then?