PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Club Statement (Petrie And Butcher To Stay)

davehiby
25-05-2014, 08:05 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324 more cr@p

Westie1875
25-05-2014, 08:07 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324 more crap

Oh dear, was hoping that would say Butcher has gone.

Gala Foxes
25-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I didnt think I could be any more angry /disappointed / frustrated / gutted and disillusioned, until Hibs issued this statement

Clear that nothing is going to change

Shambles

leggeto
25-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Was that rod saying he's no going anywhere or am I mistaken

RSS Bot
25-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Club apologises to supporters

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324)

blindsummit
More drivel, more of the same old drivel. How about making a commitment that we will sign premier league players and a promise to get back in one season? Not that I think Petrie and Butcher are capable of that, but for once lay something on the frackin line and set a TARGET!

down-the-slope
No way can Rod sack / let TB resign after that statement.....they had better get the squad assembly under way pronto if they expect to keep the majority of fans onside

GoldenEagle
25-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Great so Butcher and Rod are still going to lead us.

I'm out.

greenpaper55
He can go and f*** himself, so nothing changes-unbelievable, don't give them a penny more until they are gone.

bingo70
Was that rod saying he's no going anywhere or am I mistaken

Saying him and butcher are going nowhere.

Great

overdrive
Well after today I didnt think I'd be back next season. That statement has firmed that decision up. I think we'd struggle to even get into the playoffs next season under the current regime (Board to management to players)

Davy Mac
Pre-empted corporate clap-trap, so robotic and insensitive.

Fxxxxx prepared prior to today's game - patronising buffoon, have the dignity and courtesy to let someone else have a go because you have outstayed your welcome.

This is not your club so do the honourable thing.

GreenArmyyy!
25-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I hate them all. They have ruined our club, we will never recover until they are all gone.

Scottie
Well that's it then!
**** all going to change. No even a ****in relegation is going to move this club forward.

TRUELY shocking and embarrassing .
Think we are going to be the new Sheffield Wednesday . Massive club that settles for mediocracy.

SlickShoes
With it's supporters it can achieve anything hahahahha

Every time we turn up in numbers it's another kick in the balls. No thanks.

andy1875
25-05-2014, 08:13 PM
He just couldn't help himself with this at the end:-

"Without its supporters, the Club is nothing. With its supporters, the Club can again achieve great things."

Un effin believable to spout that pish for what must be the 1000th on a night like this.

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Shut the **** up with the infrastructure pish. We were all happy with the East as it was, you should've shown some ambition and invested some of that cash back in the team ya fanny.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Just **** off.

Seriously **** off Hibs.

I expected Pish but even by their standards that's drivel. Time for Hands on Hibs to be resurrected.

staunchhibby
What a lot of crap from the board.

Postman
Seriously wish I hadn't committed to my season ticket for next year, shambles of a club and nothing changes! ******ing great...

Winston Ingram
unbelievable:confused:

Amit
25-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Unbelievable. Petrie needs to go. He can announce his resignation and leave after handing duties over to Leann.

Tell us about these "upcoming changes" then?. As usual we are served up the same old rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greenblood70
Boycott is the only option now.

Haymaker
Well that was a ****ing pathetic read.

Makaveli
That is woeful stuff.

EdinMike
25-05-2014, 08:16 PM
No more money from me.. **** off, lot of them !

BroxburnHibee
25-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Did I read that wrong??? Doesn't it say Petrie will only stay until he's handed over the reins to Leann???

Green Man
Get to **** Petrie you stupid ****.

Hiber-nation
Petrie and Butcher have ruined this club and their position is untenable. Pathetic statement, absolutely pathetic but not surprising. Years of complacency but only now is there going to be a change or 2 - not involving him and the disaster of a manager though. That man doesn't get it at all.

"the fans have suffered for most of the season"

Eh no the fans have been suffering this pish for years!

**** off Petrie. You have ran the club into the ground.

Col2
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
A terrible ill thought through statement.

He would have been better saying nothing or coming out live at a press conference instead of hiding behind a statement of official site.

"All we can do is apologize" eh no, you can take some ****in action.

Visible leadership is what we need and Petrie has just brushed it all aside and now passes on to Dempster (while still remaining at club). Butcher has zero credibility and has to go or at least give Dempster the opportunity to review and consider his position. Petrie has just made that clear that won't be happening.

Enjoy your 3 weeks at the World Cup Rod.

PatHead
25-05-2014, 08:19 PM
"In the meantime I can only thank you for your unwavering support for the team"

Rod the support has wavered. Please just leave and leave now.

YOU ARE THE FAULT WE ARE IN THE MESS WE ARE IN.

wills
25-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Will Petrie offer money back to all early bird St holders who have paid for premiership football...I think not

The Sea-gull
25-05-2014, 08:20 PM
If Petrie valued the support as much as he says he would walk away. He is either very stubborn or completely out of touch with popular opinion within the support.

Biggie
25-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Well that's it then!
**** all going to change. No even a ****in relegation is going to move this club forward.

TRUELY shocking and embarrassing .
Think we are going to be the new Sheffield Wednesday . Massive club that settles for mediocracy.

Exactly mate......kiss of death

neil7908
Absolutely embarrassing, even if you gave me a free season ticket I wouldn't want to watch a Hibs team next season with Butcher in charge and Petrie behind the scenes as chairman.

I'm almost gobsmacked by that response from the club. Sickening.

SteveHFC
Just **** off Rod.

Heard the same old ***** before. How's that 5 year plan going you clueless tit :aok:

Diclonius
25-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Great, the loser is staying.

Co-ordinated, planned protest action from the fans is the only option now. We're the only people with any ****ing fight at this club.

nribs
Like I said I'm so glad I have other priorities in life now with my kids athletics and football. Petrie and Butcher can do one.

stoneyburn hibs
Surprise surprise, the fans taken for mugs once again. The nearest I will get to ER next season will be driving past it.

Dublin07
25-05-2014, 08:23 PM
That's me done after reading that pish. I have had to see my son finish the season in tears 3 years in a row and Petrie basically says it's business as usual next season. Same old crap we are sorry thanks for your blind loyalty blah blah blah. We have amazing fans but we are destined for failure after failure until farmer tells Petrie his time is up. It breaks my heart to say it but I won't be back until there is real change at the club. My doctor told me on Monday I was to avoid stress then I sat through 2 hours of that. Decided my health and kids happiness comes first so I'm out.

truehibernian
With it's supporters it can achieve anything hahahahha

Every time we turn up in numbers it's another kick in the balls. No thanks.

Best supported club outwith the OF we are :agree: despite the failures of 'football players' and an 'accountant'.

Today is truly the start of a new dawn for Hibs if they show bravery and innovation - and if Rod steps aside......and hopefully someone will offer a fiver for Nelson and he can f*** off coaching bairns down south - wouldn't bet on that kids team winning many games with his organisational skills. I thought I'd seen it all when I saw Trakys.

MICHAEL NELSON, IF YOU ARE READING HIBS NET - Michael, you 'win' the prize for being the worst player in over 40 years that I have seen play for my club. Hands down actually. :aok::agree::bye:

Westie1875
Thankful that I haven't renewed my season ticket but really feel for those who have forked out £400 already.

That statement is pathetic and will do nothing to get anyone back on side. Petrie and Butcher + sidekicks must go.

Stevie Reid
The worst thing they could have done tonight. Very worrying.

Big_Franck
Just when I thought I couldn't be more disillusioned with how things are at Hibs they release that pathetic statement. It is clear that nothing will change and that they expect us just to continue to hand over our money.

They will not get another penny out of me until both of those clowns are gone.

Gerard
I hate losing and seeing my club lose. Football is a tough game and sometimes you have to accept the possibility that you lose. The consequences of losing in this situation is that Mr Petrie is standing down as CEO. The Hibernian BODs may need to change as well. The footballing team will be 'gutted'. I am grateful to STF for saving Hibs and he will always be thanked for doing this. The time is now right to find a new owner who will take Hibs on its journey to win silverware. This club has an opportunity to solve the saga of footballing failure. The result today is not an acceptable one and will result in people who are part of Hibs beginning their new journeys. Life is a journey and next year as a club we will have to journey to places that will be tough places to win. I have faith in my club and next year we will return to the SPL.:wink:

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM
"We recognise that change is needed. The Board and supporters agree that all of the work that has gone into creating an infrastructure unrivalled outside Glasgow needs to be matched by consistent sporting success.
"Some supporters have suggested that I should resign as Chairman. I take responsibility for the position that the Club finds itself in. However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the Club. "In essence, this summer will be a pivotal point in the long history of Hibernian, creating a new platform to take the Club forward in a positive, energetic and sustainable way. "In the meantime I can only thank you for your unwavering support for the team and for your continued patience as we work towards implementing change. "Without its supporters, the Club is nothing. With its supporters, the Club can again achieve great things."

You have to wonder what world RP lives in. It`s certainly not one that bears any relation to reality as far as I can see. Still hanging on, still begging for support (18000+ there today) and still stubborn and oblivious to his own failure to the last. Pathetic beyond words to come out with cr@p like that.

"we recognise that change is needed" - jesus...

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Anybody who wants to slap Farmer/Petrie/Butcher or any of the players deserves a round of applause. All of them should be embarrassed to be seen in public.

Auckland Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Just emailed the club with my thoughts on their "apology" - WTF is that completed pish all about?

Both of those jokers should be packing their bags and leaving tonight - no questions, excuses, apologies or anything else.

****ing joke.

Franck Stanton
25-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Seem to recall a similar apology issued about a month ago stating that performances would improve. That didn't happen now did it ? One question -"Why would it be wrong for you [Petrie] to walk away from the Club ?

McKenzie
Absolute joke, certainly won't be back with they muppets in charge. Had a season ticket since I was 4 and this is it. Eye bleeding football and shocking players = depressing stuff. Good luck

we are hibs
I will not be back next season.

scuttle
Sorry sorry sorry, im f****** sick of hearing that
Heres a word I want to hear resignation.......now bolt the pair of you

trev the hat
25-05-2014, 08:28 PM
That statement is a get out statement & should be met with the contempt it portrays.
Protest until they're gone IMO

Mr Grieves
25-05-2014, 08:29 PM
That statement shows how ****ing out of touch Petrie is.

I'm out

Diclonius

:agree:

They actually don't seem to understand the basic fundamentals of public relations, let alone how to run a football club.

Why would you trust these men with your money?

erskine-hibby
With Petrie the club is nothing.
With out Petrie the club can again achieve great things.

Hibby70
Here was me thinking I couldn't get more annoyed.

Nailrod
25-05-2014, 08:30 PM
However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the Club...It wouldn't. You're useless. You have absolutely nothing of any value to offer the club.

The only thing that we can be absolutely sure of is that as long as you continue to be involved in any role at all at ER, we can be guaranteed further failure.

R11Loaded
I don't see how butcher thought it'd be a challenge when he took over. We were 5th.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Hibercelona
A cut and paste statement that has been resurrected yet again. But who's really surprised by this?

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 08:31 PM
This and i quote " Some supporters have suggested that I should resign as Chairman. I take responsibility for the position that the Club finds itself in. However, it would be wrong for me to abdicate that responsibility at this time and walk away and it would be wrong for the Club." oh no it f****** wouldn't !, we have the power and it's not up to you Rod, you will be gone.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2014, 08:32 PM

I'm out.

ditto, grown men can only take so many kicks in the teeth before retaliating, you won't be getting my money petrie

oh and can i just add, i've not even read what he's said, not even interested

Dublin07
25-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Just emailed the club with my thoughts on their "apology" - WTF is that completed pish all about?

Both of those jokers should be packing their bags and leaving tonight - no questions, excuses, apologies or anything else.

****ing joke.
I wouldn't waste your time mate. I emailed the club 2 years ago with my concerns for the club and the direction we were going in. I told them we would be in div 1 (championship) within 3 years and was given the usual bull about the manger would have funds, thanks for my support etc etc.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Well there's a siege mentality at the top alright, they are digging in - pity it never found its way right into the culture of the club, we really are soft as ****** on the pitch and by the look of it they think we are mugs on the terracing as well.

The challenge will be how to do something about the current encumbents and the malaise that surrounds them without actually harming the institution that we care about. Whoever manages us next season is going to achieve nothing unless real funds are available as we are going to have to spend our way out rather than breaking the spirit of a few more youngsters propping up journeymen and no hopers.

Newhaven
25-05-2014, 08:33 PM
The cherry on top of the cake for a dark day in the clubs history.

Petries only missed a trick by now flogging season tickets in the SFL. Looks like he is going to get away with it again...

southsider
25-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I have been going to ER since my first game in 1965. Have suffered 2 relegations but today is the final straw. Thats me done until butcher and petrie GTF.

eezyrider
25-05-2014, 08:34 PM
They just don't get it do they! I predict 3 seasons in the Championship before we're back unless changes are made.

EZ

Hibeesforever
25-05-2014, 08:35 PM
It looks like the Ivory Tower is really hunkering down by producing one of the most insensitive statements possible so soon after this catastrophe. Sir Tom needs to end his pathetic silence. He "owns" the club! He says out of benevolence to the community. Well, the shining great church that you wanted is there and it will now likely lie empty. He should be the one to say what will happen next. My kids are embarrassed, neither the Chairman or Manager seem to be. Just business as normal for them.Disgusting.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Words fail me.

How Petrie feels he is able to continue beggars belief.

Alfred E Newman
Hopefully Butcher will resign. If he has any respect for the club he should clear his desk.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Wow, just wow Hibs.

No more money from me.

mmmmhibby
25-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Petrie is about as welcome at our club as no ******!!!

capitals_finest
25-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Petrie is delusional.

The way he sees it is he has strengthened the foundations of the club with the training facilities and the stadium. A bottom half position outside relegation would have been acceptable as it has been with every other season... However Only a very small percentage of fans have shown any real discontent so he has got away with it.

chrisski33
25-05-2014, 08:38 PM
He says we can achieve great things again errrr not with u petrie or butcher we wont!

SlickShoes
25-05-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't think they understand the hatred most fans now have for them, if they push on as normal I can't see anything going well, they just push everyone further and further away as they force this image they want for the club down our throats, killing the club at all costs to see through their big plan regardless of how much it forces fans away.

trev the hat
Hound him put asap
No more the fool !!

madhatter
Anybody else had a wee thought of "choke on it you *******" - in response to "bitter pill to swallow"?

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Hang on a minute, i thought Dempster was going to make all the decisions at ER, so Rod is still calling the shots and nothing has changed.

banchoryhibs
25-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I've emailed this to Petrie -

"Mr Petrie,
I have supported this club for over 50 years. I am a shareholder, a season ticket holder, my name is on the Hibs 100 plaque and my family’s name is proudly engraved on a tile at the East Stand.
My loyalty to this club should not be questioned however today brings a new low in our relationship. Cup final defeats are bitter memories; as is the humiliation of the Malmo defeat but the shambles on the pitch today organised by a clueless manager is perhaps the most difficult to accept.
Rumours abound about parsimonious contract negotiations resulting in top class players going elsewhere. Disquiet between the Board and the team management is also directly mentioned by those who have a proven track record of being, “in the know”.
If Mr Butcher had an ounce of integrity he would announce his resignation tonight and, I’m sorry to say this, but I feel that your tenure must also come to an end.
Without any doubt this club has been transformed - off he pitch - since the dark days of Wallace Mercer’s take over bid but supporters like myself now need to see a new regime from top to bottom before continuing to provide the depth of loyalty previously shown.
Your statement tonight on the Club website suggests that you and Mr Butcher will remain in place, so be it - but I and many hundreds, or thousands, of others might not.
I suggest you and Mr Butcher reconsider your stance."

I doubt if I'll get a response and there's a fat chance that he'll even give a toss .................

Bobby's Cinema
**** off Rod, and **** off Terry. The two men so highly responsible for this disaster

JimBHibees

Yep smacks of pre planned corporate bollox. Should have stfu tonight.

blindsummit
They just don't get it do they! I predict 3 seasons in the Championship before we're back unless changes are made.

EZ

If we spend 3 seasons in the Championship then we won't ever be coming back. This result today has left the future of the club hanging by a thread.

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Unbelievable

Just finished posting on how we get rid of Petrie saying he wouldn't go .... Hoping all along I was wrong

Then boom back to main forum and voila link to website

KING ROD ..... we shall not be moved

Disgraceful statement

Never thought I would be lower than 5-1 til this afternoon

Never thought I would be lower than this afternoon

Now totally hacked off by this clowns arrogance and ego and never felt worse about Hibs than I do now

That mob .... Board management and players .... do not deserve the backing of such a large band of supporters who have taken more kicks in the gonads than any other club I can think of

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
**** of Petrie ya ****in' *******, your **** ups have finally cost us or to flight status. well done ya ****in' ****er. Well run club my ****in' erse ya ****in' patronsing *******

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't think they understand the hatred most fans now have for them, if they push on as normal I can't see anything going well, they just push everyone further and further away as they force this image they want for the club down our throats, killing the club at all costs to see through their big plan regardless of how much it forces fans away.

Yep.

Petrie as a 'brand' is now so toxic that he creates disunity and ill feeling just by being there. No one will trust a thing he says anymore and he is handicapping Leann Dempster straight away as anything that she tries to do will be regarded with the suspicion that he is pulling the strings.

we are hibs
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
No one has the balls in the club for someone to stand up and take the blame and sort this mess out. Am i the only one who thinks that things will never get better?

the_ginger_hibee
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Wow.

I thought today was done...then this? Poor. Even by Hibs standards.

The Tubs
25-05-2014, 08:46 PM
That is an absolutely terrible read. Surely jambos have hijacked the Hibs website?

Del Boy
25-05-2014, 08:47 PM
If Butcher's at Easter Road next season then I wont be.

AlbertK86
I've emailed this to Petrie - "Mr Petrie, I have supported this club for over 50 years. I am a shareholder, a season ticket holder, my name is on the Hibs 100 plaque and my family’s name is proudly engraved on a tile at the East Stand. My loyalty to this club should not be questioned however today brings a new low in our relationship. Cup final defeats are bitter memories; as is the humiliation of the Malmo defeat but the shambles on the pitch today organised by a clueless manager is perhaps the most difficult to accept. Rumours abound about parsimonious contract negotiations resulting in top class players going elsewhere. Disquiet between the Board and the team management is also directly mentioned by those who have a proven track record of being, “in the know”. If Mr Butcher had an ounce of integrity he would announce his resignation tonight and, I’m sorry to say this, but I feel that your tenure must also come to an end. Without any doubt this club has been transformed - off he pitch - since the dark days of Wallace Mercer’s take over bid but supporters like myself now need to see a new regime from top to bottom before continuing to provide the depth of loyalty previously shown. Your statement tonight on the Club website suggests that you and Mr Butcher will remain in place, so be it - but I and many hundreds, or thousands, of others might not. I suggest you and Mr Butcher reconsider your stance." I doubt if I'll get a response and there's a fat chance that he'll even give a toss .................

Well done mate. Totally with you

However

What address did you email because unless you've got KING RODS personal email address you'll only get the standard pro forma reply

HE DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING **** ABOUT THE SUPPORT

greenpaper55
Yep.

Petrie as a 'brand' is now so toxic that he creates disunity and ill feeling just by being there. No one will trust a thing he says anymore and he is handicapping Leann Dempster straight away as anything that she tries to do will be regarded with the suspicion that he is pulling the strings.

He is still pulling the strings or he would have let Dempster make the decision if Butcher stays or goes, let him fool you not, he is still in charge of every decision worth it's name.

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I've never hated anyone as much as I hate butcher and Petrie right now. What would it take to get rid of them? Going bust?!!

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 08:50 PM
The man was smirking after the game FFS. I think he's just trolling now to be honest.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I've emailed this to Petrie -

"Mr Petrie,

I doubt if I'll get a response and there's a fat chance that he'll even give a toss .................

with the utmost respect, i honestly can't understand anyone sending an e-mail to Rod Petrie, it will go straight in the recycle bin without even being read, you would be better e-mailing Leeann Dempster and ask her if she really want's to see her career nosedive whilst reporting to petrie for the last word on anything

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 08:51 PM
He is still pulling the strings or he would have let Dempster make the decision if Butcher stays or goes, let him fool you not, he is still in charge of every decision worth it's name.

No **** Sherlock

As if anybody believed he wouldn't be pulling the strings anyway

Not hearing much from all the sons of KING ROD tonight are we

big gogs
25-05-2014, 08:52 PM
My self and mrs big gogs,renewed up front for next season ,and bought the cup top ups,I will be contacting Easter road tomorrow,in order to try and get a refund.the board have to address their situation ,then clear out butcher,malpas and the rest of the coaching staff.a new manager,but not an ex player,then start from scratch.most of the players must go ,those out of contract ,then the wasters.at this moment in time I am not shocked nor let down ,I just could not care less.this football club has been in decline for years,and I don't have the answers to the problems,rant over

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 08:53 PM
No **** Sherlock

As if anybody believed he wouldn't be pulling the strings anyway

Not hearing much from all the sons of KING ROD tonight are we

My pleasure Watson !.

Hibeesmad
I actually don't know what to do anymore. I love Hibs and it would be hard to walk away but it's not easy spending money every week to go and watch something so abysmal and just get total stick for your team being so ****, ive already renewed for next season but I honestly wouldn't blame people if they never turned up, we were there in numbers today and against killie. Club doesn't show the same ambition however and that's why we are where we are

Beefster
If Rodders leaves Hibs, I'm fairly sure his SFA blazer gig goes with it. He was never going to allow that to happen.

Despite all the stuff on here recently about Butcher definitely wanting/going to, he was never going to walk or get the bullet either.

That said though, the 'statement' is monumentally misguided.

ionahibby
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Dearly me same old rubbish! Willing to give butcher his chance now relegation has sunk in but Petrie needs to go asap. Will be interesting what leean thinks of all this she has some job on her hands now!

leither17
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
i can just see him typing that up with the stupid smug smirk he had on at FT

Gatecrasher
25-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't mind them apologising or even backing the manager but this relegation has been on the cards for a few years now and nothing has been done to stop the rot. Our club has turned into an embarrassment and Petrie is now going to find it hard to win the supporters around, we need major change at Hibs nothing else will do.

banchoryhibs
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Well done mate. Totally with you

However

What address did you email because unless you've got KING RODS personal email address you'll only get the standard pro forma reply

HE DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING **** ABOUT THE SUPPORT

Yup, just got that. Joke of a Board

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Dear Rod,

this is should not even be up for debate, we have just been relegated, the manager needs to be asked to step down, or to be relieved of his position, only at hibs and only under your watch would this be considered acceptable. This attitude and contempt towards the fans is nothing short of both scandalous and spineless.

Butcher promised a changed team next year, we were told as supporters this would be in the SPL, I did not believe that I would be sitting beating the life out of my iPad on a Sunday night as a supporter of a team in the championship.

We are entering an era of an spl with no rangers and no hearts, for a club with our fan base this should be our time to shine, not our time to enter a dog flight to try and get out of the 2nd tier of scottish football.

Regards!

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 08:58 PM

I'm out.

:bye:

#2 Double Tap
25-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Its rotten - the management team have already lost the support. Petrie must go - he is so out of touch - all his decisions are bad 7 years of them have caused the chaos.

GoldenEagle
25-05-2014, 09:01 PM

:aok:

nribs
That is an absolutely terrible read. Surely jambos have hijacked the Hibs website?
Why and why?

Tollhouse Hibee
Well that's helped the decision. I bought a season ticket for spfl. That's not what I am getting so pulling the direct debits and that's me done as long as those clowns remain

Hibs90
25-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm out aswell Rod. You even said it yourself that the club is nothing without its supporters. You've just lost the club thousands of them.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Well that's helped the decision. I bought a season ticket for spfl. That's not what I am getting so pulling the direct debits and that's me done as long as those clowns remain

The Championship is still the SPFL. :wink:

GGTTH07
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
FFS, Petrie. You are the main fud ruining our club. Take yourself also so far to ****. Butcher. Just effing resign ya ****** clown.

nribs
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
He is alowed to have had enough of hibs withold his money and have his say on a public forum .

davehiby
25-05-2014, 09:04 PM
this statement has now been on facebook for 15 minutes and unbelievably people are liking it 29 so far who are these people ???

Sammy7nil
25-05-2014, 09:05 PM
The fact that Petrie thinks butcher can have any sort of future at the club just confirms how out of touch he is.

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Yer arm will get sair.

Speedway
25-05-2014, 09:09 PM
If there was ever a statement to reinforce how the club belongs to its ownership and not its supporters/community, here it is.

Amit
25-05-2014, 09:10 PM
this statement has now been on facebook for 15 minutes and unbelievably people are liking it 29 so far who are these people ???

Jambos. They are also all over Sky Sports tweet re the statement.

Sumner
25-05-2014, 09:14 PM
.. and at the end of the match, Petrie was GRINNING :fuming:

Beefster
25-05-2014, 09:16 PM
.. and at the end of the match, Petrie was GRINNING :fuming:

Can anyone post a link to a photo of this? Unfortunately, my telescopic six-million-dollar-man vision (look it up, kids) wasn't working today so I missed it from the East.

Dublin07
25-05-2014, 09:16 PM

If you are going to wave goodbye to everyone that's say they are out you are going to have a very tired hand tonight.

hibbymark
25-05-2014, 09:18 PM
We are truly a club with no shame. Danny Lennon and golden shower Locke lost their jobs for less than this. Petrie cant sack Butcher without admitting responsibility for another shocking managerial appointment. St Mirren now have higher aspirations and expectations than us but its alright because leeann who has led Motherwell to the brink of financial obliviation starts with us next week. Listening to Butcher on the radio I thought he was fully expecting the sack. Changing the manager every season is not great but Butchers record,team selection and tactics are un-defendable. He has made a poor side awful. The worst Hibs team out of the 3 that I've seen relegated. I'm gutted by today and this standard bull**** statement. I'm also raging that I have paid premier league season ticket prices for next season to watch the likes of Cowdenbeath and look forward to hearing the clubs statement and proposal on what they are going to do on this. My non renewal might not have made a huge difference in the big picture but I would have at least felt like I was doing something to help get rid of Petrie and starving the club of cash might be the only way to get him out.

McIntosh
25-05-2014, 09:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525/club-statement_2262950_3856324 more cr@p

An apology for an apology

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Can anyone post a link to a photo of this? Unfortunately, my telescopic six-million-dollar-man vision (look it up, kids) wasn't working today so I missed it from the East.

I can confirm. Absolutely. Grinning just before the pens.

Butcher also larking around and having a laugh with the linesman during extra time.

Destroying Hibs must be fun....

strummbo
25-05-2014, 09:22 PM
season tickets, tops, t-shirts, cups, mouse mat, key ring, place mats, catering, badges, gloves, calendar, annual.... i buy them all, all from the club shop.

and i will continue to do so, next season, the season after and so on and so on...

official statement is guff and i will read it as such.

Im not stoppin supporting my team, its my team.

we are gash, utter gash, but life goes on... only the supporters remain

:flag::flag:

dave62
25-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Just when I thought I couldn't be more angry I read this so called apology. You'd have thought that one of the darkest days in the clubs history would have been enough to shake the owner/board/management out of their complacency, but apparently not.

Typical Hibs, no leadership and no accountability, just more of the same and the fans asked to lap it up.

coldingham hibs
25-05-2014, 09:24 PM
So badly timed, I'm hurting and so should they be. To put this out now is shameful. Everyone needs a few days to gather their thoughts & get their emotions in check. Really poor show.

The_Horde
25-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Get f***** Petrie you horrible, faceless hearts c***.

dp00
25-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Just listened to butchers interview after the match.... And tbh you can't disagree with some of the stuff he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number 27
25-05-2014, 09:26 PM
It absolutely beggars belief that anyone at Hibs could think releasing this statement was a good idea.

Give us announcements of genuine change or shut the **** up.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 09:26 PM
So badly timed, I'm hurting and so should they be. To put this out now is shameful. Everyone needs a few days to gather their thoughts & get their emotions in check. Really poor show.

Badly timed?

Do you honestly think there's ever a time for this kind of statement?

Petrie should have walked the first time he produced one of these statements, years ago.

Coco Bryce
25-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Today was it for me and the wee man. Swimming and the cinema will be our Saturday's from now on.

GTF Petrie

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 09:27 PM
It`s a terrible statement; insulting to the supporters and completely disconnected from reality.

Dav1986
25-05-2014, 09:28 PM
What a load of s***e!! Petrie and butcher need to GTF! Dragged this club from mid table mediocrity to championship level! Steve marsella said to me before the Aberdeen game at ER, that they wanted 22 new players... Tell you what.. We want that plus a new management team who know what they're doing and board who have a clear ambition of where the club should be and an idea of how to get it there! I hope LD is the first part of this coming together but realistically it is coming 3/4 years too late!!

ehf
25-05-2014, 09:29 PM
This is actually worse than the scarcely credible traducing of our proud heritage that Butcher orchestrated on the pitch today.

Seven up
25-05-2014, 09:29 PM
To all who have said they'll not go back I totally understand.... However I will be back regardless of who is manager and who is Chairman..... Because Hibs are my team. We've been relegated before and may be again.... Time is a great healer...

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 09:31 PM
To all who have said they'll not go back I totally understand.... However I will be back regardless of who is manager and who is Chairman..... Because Hibs are my team. We've been relegated before and may be again.... Time is a great healer...

Then why hasn't it healed our club yet? :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
25-05-2014, 09:33 PM
http://bbc.in/1jO13hc

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2014, 09:34 PM
So if Dempstor wants rid of Butcher what's gonna happen??

If she backs him then she's lost the fans from day 1 in the job.

Petrie shouldn't have said anything until she was in place.

hibIBZ
25-05-2014, 09:40 PM
That's it for me, I've supported this club for 22 years and this statement has finished it for me. The worst season I have ever seen in my lifetime. How Petrie and butcher can't be men and walk away just confounds me. How either can possibly think they can get support for next season is beyond me

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:44 PM
For those saying they won't be back. No problem that's your choice but don't bother complaining about not being able to get tickets for any high profile matches that have a limited number of tickets available. Cup away games etc etc. it will be especially difficult if the planned loyalty point scheme comes into play which I expect it to next season.

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I wonder why we never heard from the owner, i would have thought he would have had a say in what happens ?.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I wonder why we never heard from the owner, i would have thought he would have had a say in what happens ?.

Maybe be because he's very ill. Or doesn't care

Hibeesmad
So if Dempstor wants rid of Butcher what's gonna happen??

If she backs him then she's lost the fans from day 1 in the job.

Petrie shouldn't have said anything until she was in place.

Just shows that even with her coming in, he still calls the shots

Hibercelona
For those saying they won't be back. No problem that's your choice but don't bother complaining about not being able to get tickets for any high profile matches that have a limited number of tickets available. Cup away games etc etc. it will be especially difficult if the planned loyalty point scheme comes into play which I expect it to next season.

I doubt ticket availability will be an issue tbh...

schinkenotto
Dearly me same old rubbish! Willing to give butcher his chance now relegation has sunk in but Petrie needs to go asap. Will be interesting what leean thinks of all this she has some job on her hands now!

I wouldn't give Butcher "his chance"-he should go tomorrow.I'm no admirer of Michael Stewart but he was spot on on tonight's Sportscene when he said that Butcher's tactics were prehistoric and had no place in modern football.Pat Fenlon was no genius but if was still here there is no way that we would have been in this position.As for Mr Petrie and his smirking and "apology" words fail me...

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 09:47 PM

Do you mean the games vs Alloa and Dumbarton? :cb

I fear that today`s result combined with Petrie refusing to admit he has caused the mess and go, plus TB`s "tactics" will lead to very poor crowds next season, so I doubt there`ll be any stress over tickets for games. I hope I am wrong though.

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I doubt ticket availability will be an issue tbh...

For or a start all away games will be all ticket.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:49 PM
That's it for me, I've supported this club for 22 years and this statement has finished it for me. The worst season I have ever seen in my lifetime. How Petrie and butcher can't be men and walk away just confounds me. How either can possibly think they can get support for next season is beyond me

There's been worse seasons trust me bud :aok:

For me, as I'll keep banging on, it's a watershed moment in the right direction - no more journeymen footballers and the ones only here to pay their mortgage can now sign on and get used to doing what most do and that is worrying about where the next wage is coming in.

Hermit Crab
Do you mean the games vs Alloa and Dumbarton? :cb

I fear that today`s result combined with Petrie refusing to admit he has caused the mess will lead to very poor crowds next season, so I doubt there`ll be any stress over tickets for games. I hope I am wrong though.

Raith. Cowdenbeath. Livingston. QOTS.

Hibercelona

Again, I doubt availability will be an issue.

Borderhibbie76
25-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I dont know how yet but we as fans need to come together and force Petrie OUT of our club...we have taken hus #### lying down for far too long...we need to come together and get this ar@@ out of Easter Rd!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
25-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I look back over this season and I think about how we took a great support to the game against Malmo, we sold out against Hearts, the highest attendance since the opening of the new east, we took 15,000 for the home game against Kilmarnock, we queued up for at least 3 hours for tickets last Monday and now today we are talking about trips to Alloa next season. It just makes me realise that Hibernian has one of the best fan bases in Scotland and the cruel thing about it is that there no owner or chairman with passion. Yes, STF saved our club and he will always be respected for that but what was that, around 20 years ago? In this day and age we need change and the only way to do that is spend money and the success will soonly follow. Aberdeen are a prime example to this.

Our club is dying...or is it already dead?

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Again, I doubt availability will be an issue.

It will be if point system comes in. A good start it the season and fans come back then complain about lack of tickets. 35,000 to Killy cup final and could have sold more. The fans are out there.

hfc rd
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM
That article just makes me sick! GTF PETRIE & TAKE BUTCHER WITH YOU!

number 27
25-05-2014, 09:53 PM

There will also be the high profile Ramsdens cup games, there's no way we are going to satisfy demand for those fixtures.

Hibby
25-05-2014, 09:53 PM

With you with this Bud. It is bad it has got to this tho. I am very very fed up. 50 years and always/mostly been disappointed, but still supported. Not sure just now. Will always be a Hibby, but just really fed up last few years. Anyway...

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:54 PM
There will also be the high profile Ramsdens cup games, there's no way we are going to satisfy demand for those fixtures.

Sarcy git aren't you.

Hibeesmad
It will be if point system comes in. A good start it the season and fans come back then complain about lack of tickets. 35,000 to Killy cup final and could have sold more. The fans are out there.

Tbh those fans who say they are not coming back probably won't want to go to those cup games or whatever anyway

hibIBZ

For me, as I'll keep banging on, it's a watershed moment in the right direction - no more journeymen footballers and the ones only here to pay their mortgage can now sign on and get used to doing what most do and that is worrying about where the next wage is coming in.

I don't remember many over the last 22 years. Even under miller the football was dire but atleast players tried. When we were relegated last time there was a sense for coming back with MacLeish in charge, but I'm sorry to say the future looks bleak today

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Tbh those fans who say they are not coming back probably won't want to go to those cup games or whatever anyway

If the "new" team get off to a flyer fans will return.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Yes. But with Petrie refusing to step down. I'm afraid the fans are now waaaaaaay out there.

The sheer refusal to change a system that simply doesn't work will ensure that fans won't have much reason to return next season.

Greencore
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM
The ugly b****** was smiling after the game having a wee laugh via highlights of the game on bbc. I f****** hate him and I hate farmer oh he saved us thanks very much. Sorry pal but one good deed in the last twenty odd years. He is slowly killing this once great club.

But you know what. Take my money. For tickets, for shirts, for food and such take it all because you b******* are playing with our love for this club. You know we will follow. You're emotionally blackmailing the fans. Some of us are simple people who probably have a boring/bad life but our only enjoyment is walking in the p*ssing rain to go see our once great team.

Yes we have had our karma laughing at our neighbours

But mark my words Petrie and farmer. You will get yours and we will remember your failures.

Out.

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM
If the "new" team get off to a flyer fans will return.

What new team ?, we will be skint so who is going to come to us ?.

#2 Double Tap
25-05-2014, 10:00 PM
I look back over this season and I think about how we took a great support to the game against Malmo, we sold out against Hearts, the highest attendance since the opening of the new east, we took 15,000 for the home game against Kilmarnock, we queued up for at least 3 hours for tickets last Monday and now today we are talking about trips to Alloa next season. It just makes me realise that Hibernian has one of the best fan bases in Scotland and the cruel thing about it is that there no owner or chairman with passion. Yes, STF saved our club and he will always be respected for that but what was that, around 20 years ago? In this day and age we need change and the only way to do that is spend money and the success will soonly follow. Aberdeen are a prime example to this.

Our club is dying...or is it already dead?

all the fans, all the passion and all the anger tonight, suggests the club is very much alive and kicking. Change has to happen, its for the greater good.

Captain Trips
25-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Rod come on ffs. You must really have no shame at all to spout out that p1sh year after year.

You not have a wee think to yourself why time after time you need to come out with this guff. Let me give you a hint....You.

You and your latest appointment relegated this club. Without Rangers we should have been looking up to 3rd place in SPL. You have now managed to have us in such a state we might struggle for that spot in league below. How you can give us any other speech other than your leaving is a disgrace.

As for Butcher. A total joke the last 6 months.

Northernhibee
25-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Petrie:

You have resigned over a series of failed managers. Over 5-1, over 3-0 against Celtic, over 0-9 against Malmo, over a slide down the table, over a bunch of players being released, over failed key signing after failed key signing, you are a total failure. You have decimated this club.

**** off.

McKenzie
25-05-2014, 10:09 PM
I have genuine hatred running through my body. These pricks have no idea what this club means to us. It's just another day, okay maybe a slight drop in wages but they are still thieving our money. Wish they would just f*** off now

monktonharp
25-05-2014, 10:10 PM
well said Mr Petrie, now walk away now you ****

theonlywayisup
25-05-2014, 10:11 PM

:faf:

Stop it! Yes, it might be difficult getting tickets for a Ramsden Cup game away to Arbroath.

hibIBZ
25-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I have genuine hatred running through my body. These pricks have no idea what this club means to us. It's just another day, okay maybe a slight drop in wages but they are still thieving our money. Wish they would just f*** off now

This. I just wonder how many of our players have gone home tonight and don't really care. How many of our players just wanted to finish the season so they could get their holidays

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 10:14 PM
This. I just wonder how many of our players have gone home tonight and don't really care. How many of our players just wanted to finish the season so they could get their holidays

I know one..

Ryan McGivern!

Hermit Crab
25-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Stop it! Yes, it might be difficult getting tickets for a Ramsden Cup game away to Arbroath.

Hearts away.

heidtheba
25-05-2014, 10:17 PM
I'll say one thing, maybe Petrie has realised he needs to splash the cash BUT the last thing he can admit to is that...if he did then any wages/transfer fees would instantly go up and we'd be in a worse bargaining position.

He might genuinely be prepared to do what most of us want (unleash the purse strings - not go) but can't admit it.

Fingers crossed eh...

monktonharp
25-05-2014, 10:19 PM
never ever have I felt so bad about what's gone on at the club I love. so disgruntled, so f/kin pished off, so totally dispondent. I just canny see us getting out of the hole that we've been dug into! the strange thing being that some of our regular travellers(supporters bus) want to the likes of Dumbarton! I am seriously pished off, and cant get my heid roond how bad we performed today! Butcher, Malpas and Petrie................f/kin go now!

Bad Martini
25-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Just **** off Petrie, and take your pish statement with you. We're going to the wall slowly and the only constant is the blessed Petrie.

PatHead
25-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Can everyone send an email to Hibs demanding RP resigns immediately?

email address is board@hibernianfc.co.uk

My email was

I cannot believe the statement issued today by Rod Petrie. It is incredibly out of touch and insulting to our supporters. An apology was required as unfortunately a resignation by the Chairman was never going to happen today. He is accountable and should do the decent thing. He is not helping the club but being decisive. Under him we have a great infrastructure but the most important thing is that we are a football club and the club is failing where it matters most- on the pitch.

The following statements were simply crass.

"In the meantime I can only thank you for your unwavering support for the team and for your continued patience as we work towards implementing change."
"Without its supporters, the Club is nothing. With its supporters, the Club can again achieve great things."

Rod you have lost your support. Every Hibs supporter I know is not unwavering and wants Rod Petrie to empty his desk and leave now.

boab1875
25-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Meaningless, bulls*** apology from the man who, along with Butcher has killed our club.

Thanks Petrie for condeming us to the championship for f*** knows how long. Shameful team, joke of a manager and an absolutely disgusting performance from the players. The club is rotten top to bottom. Last Hibs game I ever watch. I will not be following them in the championship. Years and years supporting that heap of sh**e and after last wednesday I thought finally they have mustered a performance that the best fans in scotland deserve only to watch that.

And Butcher's interview? FFS, why oh why didn't you resign there and then you complete idiot. the only respectable thing to do was walk away after his disgraceful time at the club but couldnt even do that. and did anyone see Petrie smiling when the game went to pens? disgusting behaviour. Get them both out now,

Done with it

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Can everyone send an email to Hibs demanding RP resigns immediately?

email address is board@hibernianfc.co.uk

My email was

I cannot believe the statement issued today by Rod Petrie. It is incredibly out of touch and insulting to our supporters. An apology was required as unfortunately a resignation by the Chairman was never going to happen today. He is accountable and should do the decent thing. He is not helping the club but being decisive. Under him we have a great infrastructure but the most important thing is that we are a football club and the club is failing where it matters most- on the pitch.

The following statements were simply crass.

"In the meantime I can only thank you for your unwavering support for the team and for your continued patience as we work towards implementing change."

Rod you have lost your support. Every Hibs supporter I know is not unwavering and wants Rod Petrie to empty his desk and leave now.There's still a few on here who think the sun rises and sets when he stands up and sits down.

PatHead
25-05-2014, 10:29 PM
There's still a few on here who think the sun rises and sets when he stands up and sits down.

Name and shame!

Now where is my pitchfork?

Onion
25-05-2014, 10:31 PM
The club is broken. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. New owner. New Board. New players. New ethos. There is literally NOTHING from the old club worth keeping. Now wished we gone into Administration with the opportunity to wipe off debt and be run by a firm of Admins. Would be infinitely better than the shameless clown we have in charge at Hibs. Petrie v BDO and I'd take BDO any day. The game is over for Hibs. This will be the final straw for a lot of older faithful fans. Expect 4000-5000 crowds next season. Petrie has killed our club and is in the process if destroying its soul.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 10:31 PM
There's still a few on here who think the sun rises and sets when he stands up and sits down.

Far fewer now than there was this morning I'd guess.

Northernhibee
25-05-2014, 10:34 PM
The club is broken. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. New owner. New Board. New players. New ethos. There is literally NOTHING from the old club worth keeping. Now wished we gone into Administration with the opportunity to wipe off debt and be run by a firm of Admins. Would be infinitely better than the shameless clown we have in charge at Hibs. Petrie v BDO and I'd take BDO any day. The game is over for Hibs. This will be the final straw for a lot of older faithful fans. Expect 4000-5000 crowds next season. Petrie has killed our club and is in the process if destroying its soul.

The only good thing that might come from today is we might get a team back that is a Hibs team that understand what it's about.

That bunch today showed no fight whatsoever.

crewetollhibee
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I know one..

Ryan McGivern!

Take that back,sir, McGivern wasn't thinking about his upcoming holidays today. He's been in holiday mode since the New Year.

Hibby 2005
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM

Petrie still here, oh dear. Farmer at the game tonight? Leann, good luck with your hands tied.

Onion
25-05-2014, 10:37 PM
all the fans, all the passion and all the anger tonight, suggests the club is very much alive and kicking. Change has to happen, its for the greater good.

For many this will be a parting shot. Petrie, Butcher and this set if players have doomed this club to years in the lower division and certain mounting debt in a effort to get back into the Prem. IMO we should consider Petrie's financial prudence and acumen as a myth. He has cost this club millions with his mismanagement and he's not yet finished. He has to go.

McIntosh
25-05-2014, 10:40 PM
never ever have I felt so bad about what's gone on at the club I love. so disgruntled, so f/kin pished off, so totally dispondent. I just canny see us getting out of the hole that we've been dug into! the strange thing being that some of our regular travellers(supporters bus) want to the likes of Dumbarton! I am seriously pished off, and cant get my heid roond how bad we performed today! Butcher, Malpas and Petrie................f/kin go now!
:top marks

monktonharp
25-05-2014, 10:42 PM
nothing much, in terms of football, that's for sure but please bombard them with emails as to how you really think. its quite easy to do if you log on to Hibernian fc and search for contacts.this is the most despondant, that I have ever felt about my club. make your points known!!!!

The Gorf
25-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Seriously wish I hadn't committed to my season ticket for next year, shambles of a club and nothing changes! ******ing great...
I think there's a lot of refunds going to go through soon.

Captain Trips
25-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Rod have a word with yourself eh? You need to go and seek help if you honestly are not chucking it. Narcissism issues there me thinks. Snap out of it quick smart you are not that good Rod you ****ed up on a grand scale so stop with the nonsense statements and resign.

Smartie
25-05-2014, 11:13 PM
There was absolutely nothing that the board could have said that would have been appropriate tonight to placate a justifiably apoplectic support.

The fact that they even tried shows how out of touch they really are.

They really should have STFU and let the dust settle before they even considered starting to poke the large hornets' nest with a big stick.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Posted on a few threads earlier , come back and can`t believe message from club is genuine . Yet another example of how far they are from support ( including ex support and potential support ) . Butcher was a bad appointment from day 1 for several reasons and snidey comments about what happened before Butcher arrived just show how little class RP and his team have ( same tactic was used with Yogi though he took us to Europe on league position ) . Relegation has been a very real possibility since about February which doesn`t make today`s experience more acceptable but as soon as we missed last penalty I was looking forward to supporting club fight to get promoted next season with a new manager . Message was presumably planned in advance but is yet another massive own goal just like nauseating season ticket campaign with army stuff that would have reduced sales even if we`d won the league . Should have waited a few days by when we`d presumably be looking forward to a new manager ( selection process not appointment - lets have a proper selection process not like when Pat left ) and new ideas for next season , everyone would be calmer and new prices for season tickets could be announced .

Nailrod
26-05-2014, 12:05 AM
This season started with Hibs worst ever home defeat, followed by the worst ever European performance by a Scottish club. We were beaten 4 times out of 5 by the weakest Hearts team in 50 years. We were emptied from the cup at home to lower league opposition who hadn't scored for 5 games. We were relegated from the weakest top tier in the history of Scottish football, going from mid-table mediocrity to the drop via a run of 21 games in which we won precisely two. We didn't win a single game of any consequence against any team of any stature.

I attended my first Hibs game in 1965. There certainly hasn't been a worse season since I started going to matches. Maybe you could let me know which parallel universe these "worse seasons" you refer to happened in, and provide a few details.

For me, as I'll keep banging on, it's a watershed moment in the right direction - no more journeymen footballers...Yeah. Because now we're out of the top tier and gates are up and prize money is up and The Magic First Division Money Tree is shaking, we'll be able to afford a far better quality of player, and they'll be queuing up to join us at ER.

Nailrod
26-05-2014, 12:17 AM
I'll say one thing, maybe Petrie has realised he needs to splash the cash BUT the last thing he can admit to is that...if he did then any wages/transfer fees would instantly go up and we'd be in a worse bargaining position... He might genuinely be prepared to do what most of us want (unleash the purse strings - not go) but can't admit it. Fingers crossed eh...
Splash what cash? STF has made it plain he's not putting any money into Hibs, and apart from whatever's left of the couple of million or so Rod has taken out of Hibs over the last twenty years, he doesn't have any cash.

Where is this 'cash' that Rod is going to 'splash' supposed to come from? The Magic First Division Money Tree?

Maybe you forgot to put a :rolleyes: in your post? Hang on a sec...

I'll say one thing, maybe Petrie has realised he needs to splash the cash BUT the last thing he can admit to is that...if he did then any wages/transfer fees would instantly go up and we'd be in a worse bargaining position... He might genuinely be prepared to do what most of us want (unleash the purse strings - not go) but can't admit it. Fingers crossed eh... :rolleyes:

Yep. Now it makes a bit more sense.

southsider
26-05-2014, 12:37 AM
I have waisted 50 years of my like watching Hibs and the few good times are by far outweighted by the bad. I have "done" 2 relegations but today is the final straw. The club is rank from top to bottom and i shall not be back unless massive changes are made. Farmer and Petrie....... just go to hell and take that clown Butcher with you.

PapillonVert
26-05-2014, 06:49 AM

I paid for mine in full as well.

Trust we will be getting some of that back to take account of lower division prices?

Have bought a season ticket for the same seat in the Upper West every year since it was built but now looking very unlikely that I will be prepared to keep forking out hard-earned cash for the same old lack of ambition year after year.

Hibby70
26-05-2014, 06:55 AM
In terms of season tickets. My bet is cup top ups added for those that never took one and shop vouchers for those that did.

Albion Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:00 AM
In terms of season tickets. My bet is cup top ups added for those that never took one and shop vouchers for those that did.

We we had better get more than that. I am sure the average price down there is 250-300, so a cup top up and a voucher to go and get a Ransdens Cup shirt will not cut it...no would it be anywhere close it fair value.

Hibby70
26-05-2014, 07:05 AM
I've emailed the club to ask what they are doing and depending on their response I may claim a full refund.

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 07:09 AM

Me too. I contacted the club 6 weeks ago to try and get a refund. They told me to bolt.

Hibby70
26-05-2014, 07:10 AM
6. This season member card gives access to the specified seat for all Hibernian FC first team Scottish Premier League matches at Easter Road Stadium.

They are clearly breaching terms and conditions of sale.

Weir7
26-05-2014, 07:10 AM
We we had better get more than that. I am sure the average price down there is 250-300, so a cup top up and a voucher to go and get a Ransdens Cup shirt will not cut it...no would it be anywhere close it fair value.

When we were relegated last time petrie kept charging SPL prices

jeffers
26-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Not looking for any refund or vouchers for my season ticket, I want all money going towards the manager's budget for next season. On the condition that the manager is not TB, I want that clown as far away from ER as possible.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 07:14 AM
When we were relegated last time petrie kept charging SPL pricesWell somebody has tae keep paying fo his **** ups, winnae be me though, not another penny while that ****in' prick remains at this club.

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 07:20 AM
I've emailed the club to ask what they are doing and depending on their response I may claim a full refund.

You'll be doing well to get a response. It took 3 weeks & several chaser emails for me to get one. After they told me to do one I spoke to citizens advice they pretty much confirmed that i had pretty much no chance of getting a refund

Here's the response...

Thank you for your email of 31 March. I apologise for the fact that you email was not responded to within 24 hours.

I appreciate that you are hurting from a deeply disappointing run of results. Whilst the whole Club shares that disappointment, we are where we are, and we need to pull together to get through this season.

The Club must treat all Season Ticket Members equally, and generally refunds are not given unless there are exceptional mitigating circumstances. The Club makes forward financial commitments on the back of season ticket sales, which are the Clubs most important source of income. For this reason I am afraid that the Club cannot refund your season ticket.

Season Ticket Members are the lifeblood of the Club, and I hope that you will feel better about your Club in the coming weeks and months as Terry develops the team.

Thank you for supporting your Club.

sahib
26-05-2014, 07:23 AM
I hate them all. They have ruined our club, we will never recover until they are all gone.

Sadly, it is Petrie's club. We are just customers.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2014, 07:24 AM

a pre - written statement if ever there was one with the blanks completed.
nice one Rod.

BT58
26-05-2014, 07:39 AM

Ah...The great adventure...I'm sure that's how RP put it
The only way we will escape the championship is league reconstruction or a points reduction for the huns and the mini huns
Victor

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2014, 07:49 AM

:faf: I can only speak for myself, someone who stopped going regularly this season, but i dont give a **** anymore. Hibs could make it to next seasons leaue and scottish cup finals, and i wouldnt want a ticket if i was driven to hampden in a car bed with Jennifer Aniston laying naked with both hand full of drink and money.

Players retire, well so has this supporter. Go **** yourself Hibs, not another penny.

southsider
26-05-2014, 07:52 AM
My nephew asked this and was told he will now have 4 cat. one games (strangers. hear7s x2) where in the top division there will only be 2 (smelik x2). ****** shameful.

Islington Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:54 AM
The statement is a disgrace at so many levels and could not have been more patronising and insulting. It is self-serving, conceited and arrogant. Petrie has presided over the abject failure of a club with significant resources and a very large and loyal support and turned Hibernian into a joke. If he has a shred of honour he would resign.

I am not one to call form boycotts, although I suspect thousands will quietly vote with their feat next year, but the support need to make his position untenable. At every supporters meeting it must be made clear we have no confidence in him and in a firm and consistent way. He must be left in no doubt that he is not wanted as he is the constant in what has been an abysmal period, of chaos, instability, constant management and player change and reactive face saving, on his part, short-termism. Again Hibernian supporters turned up in massive numbers, despite everything, demonstrating that run properly, this club could be in the top three in Scotland, behind Rangers and Celtic. Dempster is his appointee and I have to say, she comes taineted, unfairly I know, by association and certainly with him pulling the strings from behind. Only a complete change in top management will be acceptable.

Heart of Midlothian have just been bought for around £2.5m. Clearly the circumstances are different (thank God) but we have to rid this club of Petrie. He has been around for far to long and been an abject failure. We need to find someone who genuinely cares for this club, has an unswerving attention to detail and a determination to succeed. What makes football special is it is not just about money. Hamilton proved that yesterday with excellent passing football on probably one tenth of the budget that Petrie has. This is about leadership. We need to find that leader and it is certainly is not Rod Petrie.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 08:00 AM
You'll be doing well to get a response. It took 3 weeks & several chaser emails for me to get one. After they told me to do one I spoke to citizens advice they pretty much confirmed that i had pretty much no chance of getting a refund

Here's the response...

Surely relegation is a mitigating circumstance.

I don't personally want a refund but of someone does because they bought a ST at Premiership prices based on the belief we would be on that league I think they have a case.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2014, 08:03 AM
i wouldnt want a ticket if i was driven to hampden in a car bed with Jennifer Aniston laying naked with both hand full of drink and money.

That would swing it for me. :agree:

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 08:07 AM

Winston Ingram
26-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Surely relegation is a mitigating circumstance.

I don't personally want a refund but of someone does because they bought a ST at Premiership prices based on the belief we would be on that league I think they have a case.

Apparently not. I asked that very question when speaking to Citizens Advice:agree:

MurrayfieldHibs
26-05-2014, 08:10 AM
The statement is a disgrace at so many levels and could not have been more patronising and insulting. It is self-serving, conceited and arrogant. Petrie has presided over the abject failure of a club with significant resources and a very large and loyal support and turned Hibernian into a joke. If he has a shred of honour he would resign.

I am not one to call form boycotts, although I suspect thousands will quietly vote with their feat next year, but the support need to make his position untenable. At every supporters meeting it must be made clear we have no confidence in him and in a firm and consistent way. He must be left in no doubt that he is not wanted as he is the constant in what has been an abysmal period, of chaos, instability, constant management and player change and reactive face saving, on his part, short-termism. Again Hibernian supporters turned up in massive numbers, despite everything, demonstrating that run properly, this club could be in the top three in Scotland, behind Rangers and Celtic. Dempster is his appointee and I have to say, she comes taineted, unfairly I know, by association and certainly with him pulling the strings from behind. Only a complete change in top management will be acceptable.

Heart of Midlothian have just been bought for around £2.5m. Clearly the circumstances are different (thank God) but we have to rid this club of Petrie. He has been around for far to long and been an abject failure. We need to find someone who genuinely cares for this club, has an unswerving attention to detail and a determination to succeed. What makes football special is it is not just about money. Hamilton proved that yesterday with excellent passing football on probably one tenth of the budget that Petrie has. This is about leadership. We need to find that leader and it is certainly is not Rod Petrie.

Agree with this Islington. Petrie has to get the message but I suspect the only way he will notice is when the accounts are screwed. We have a huge support and had a massive opportunity with Sevco New Huns and Hear7s down but we blew it.

greenpaper55
26-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Petrie has made a footballing decision that TB should stay based on what ?, we were a bad team that was made worse by Butchers arrival and to endorse the man who has given us the worst football i have ever seen is truly staggering.

PatHead
26-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Petrie's legacy is no longer a well run football club with the best infrastructure but a failing, dysfunctional, loss making football club.

Please leave.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Farmer, Petrie, Butcher, Malpas & Marsella please get out of my club.

Heedersnvolleys
26-05-2014, 08:36 AM
I am looking to move seats so I think will be able to go where ever we like now

soul_driver
26-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Petrie out.
Butcher, Malpas and Marsella out.
Bring in a young coach with fresh ideas and play youth.
Try and play entertaining football.

JimBHibees
26-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Petrie out.

Agree we really need a decent progressive coach that will play football the way it should be played. Motherwell, Dundee United etc can play good attractive fast moving and attacking football yet all we can do is aimlessly launch it into the corners and arent athletic enough to play that way. Every team in the SPFL play a more attractive style than we do now we are realising so do lower league teams with players who will be getting paid about a pittance of what our superstars do.

Doncaster_Hibby
26-05-2014, 08:50 AM
I think we'd struggle to even get into the playoffs next season under the current regime (Board to management to players)

We'll struggle not to go down again.

soul_driver
26-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Agree we really need a decent progressive coach that will play football the way it should be played. Motherwell, Dundee United etc can play good attractive fast moving and attacking football yet all we can do is aimlessly launch it into the corners and arent athletic enough to play that way. Every team in the SPFL play a more attractive style than we do now we are realising so do lower league teams with players who will be getting paid about a pittance of what our superstars do.

Our top priority should be to make it entertaining. We have to make people WANT to come to Easter Road again.

Currie Hibee
26-05-2014, 08:55 AM
I want Petrie out as much as the next man but and a massive BUT is the fact he owns 10% of the club. In other words he is Farmers puppet man. It needs someone to come in and buy both of them out. What value to you place on the club? Debt of c6.5m stadium valued at roughly the same. East mains? What other value does it have if not used as a training centre? the answer is minimal unless planning use change.

What I am trying to say is that Farmer / Petrie should do the honourable thing and hand the club over to new owners for a sensible sum and they should publish that figure.

blackpoolhibs

Outplayed yesterday and on Wednesday by a team who play in front of a handful of supporters and pay peanuts compared to us. And we are hoofing the ball forward with a style that went out with the Ark. This is our style, industrial football season after season.

We have employed 2 managers in Fenlon and Butcher who want their teams to play the kind of stuff that should never be allowed at Hibs.

A shambles from board room to dressing room.

southsider
Petrie out.
Ian Murray for me with a 3 year plan to get us back into the top league, Build on a solid surface and it will last you for years. Build on sand and it will come crashing down.

The Harp Awakes
26-05-2014, 08:56 AM
The statement talks about last seasons failures. Misses the mark completely. Petrie and the Board have failed consistently for several years now.

Petrie must be removed from his post now or else nothing will change.

Scorrie
26-05-2014, 09:04 AM
We'll struggle not to go down again.

This is what worries me. The performance against a pretty poor Raith Rovers and against Hamilton at home doesnt fill me with any confidence that we will be at the top end of the Championship without a major turnover of players and possibly a new management team as well. It really is grim...

soul_driver
26-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Ian Murray for me with a 3 year plan to get us back into the top league, Build on a solid surface and it will last you for years. Build on sand and it will come crashing down.

Would definitely take him but would he come?

Sammy7nil
26-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Petrie has made a footballing decision that TB should stay based on what ?, we were a bad team that was made worse by Butchers arrival and to endorse the man who has given us the worst football i have ever seen is truly staggering.

I totally agree I cannot understand how anyone can back Butcher.
It is obvious to all he instructed the defence from day one until relegation yesterday they had to PUNT and HOOF the ball as hard as they could. Then playing one player upfront who was incapable of holding up the HOOFs he recieved.

He simply must go.

Hibby Bairn
26-05-2014, 09:09 AM
This is what worries me. The performance against a pretty poor Raith Rovers and against Hamilton at home doesnt fill me with any confidence that we will be at the top end of the Championship without a major turnover of players and possibly a new management team as well. It really is grim...

Correct.

Right now we would struggle against QOS, Falkirk, Dumbarton, Raith, Livingston and obviously Hearts and Rangers. That leaves Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Would definitely take him but would he come?

In a flash :aok:

Hamish
26-05-2014, 09:11 AM
:faf: I can only speak for myself, someone who stopped going regularly this season, but i dont give a **** anymore. Hibs could make it to next seasons leaue and scottish cup finals, and i wouldnt want a ticket if i was driven to hampden in a car bed with Jennifer Aniston laying naked with both hand full of drink and money.

Players retire, well so has this supporter. Go **** yourself Hibs, not another penny.

Jenny fae Arniston would swing if for me

Hermit Crab
26-05-2014, 09:17 AM

Glad ad to see you find this whole situation we are in hilarious.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Have to say the Beeb did not bad interviewing fans after the game - don't know if they post on here but chaps you came across really well and articulated what the fans feel extremely well :aok: big Frank telling it how it is too :greengrin

Usually you get Brian targetting utter balloons for interviews but hat's off to you four - great wee soundbites and not a word wrong either. Very much 'Hibs class' guys :agree:

Dublin07
26-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Our top priority should be to make it entertaining. We have to make people WANT to come to Easter Road again.

You are spot on mate. I get more enjoyment now watching my under 10's team on a Saturday morning as they play better football. My kids are bored out their mind at Easter road. The wee one no longer wants to go and the older one is going out of loyalty to me and loves the club.

Smartie
26-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Outplayed yesterday and on Wednesday by a team who play in front of a handful of supporters and pay peanuts compared to us. And we are hoofing the ball forward with a style that went out with the Ark. This is our style, industrial football season after season.

We have employed 2 managers in Fenlon and Butcher who want their teams to play the kind of stuff that should never be allowed at Hibs.

A shambles from board room to dressing room.

Do they REALLY want to play hoofball though?

That wasn't what ICT played when they played us off the park at Easter Road in November.

Mixu was criticised for his hoofball philosophy when at Hibs then went on to play passing football at Killie.

The fact that every manager seems to have the players play side to side passes then back to the defenders to hoof it up the park suggests to me that it may not all be the manager's doing. It smacks of midfield players who lack the composure and ability to play decent passes forward, wide players who lack the ability, fitness and confidence to make appropriate runs and forward players who don't make suitable runs and don't want the ball.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2014, 09:36 AM
TB tries to explain just how large petrie's head really is

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/75102000/jpg/_75102360_9972759.jpg

NAE NOOKIE
26-05-2014, 10:07 AM
The one magic word everybody seems to have missed in that ill informed, ill timed and misguided statement was ............ "sustainable". The internationally recognised word for "we aint going to spend any money"

The same attitude as before. The attitude that stopped us signing a right and left back and Adam Rooney in January .... the attitude that has got us relegated. Saving that few bob has cost us possibly millions. Thats where "sustainable" gets you. Talk about false economy !!!

Never mind the money though: Hamilton ( congratulations ) moved the ball faster, better and more skillfully than Hibs yesterday .... they looked like a proper football team, we looked like a bunch of misfits who had never played together before and were utterly incapable of putting a move together. Never mind Butcher, its been like that at Easter Road for years. Two ageing players who cant buy a contract with bigger teams ( Boyd and Scotland ) have made mugs of our defence in the last two weeks.

If the whole attitude ( which includes selling the club and Petrie getting TF ) doesnt change and we dont get a new manager, we will not get anywhere next season ... sorry Terry I was willing to back you but the total inability of yourself and your coaching staff to get the team to play anything other than hit and hope football since January gives me no confidence that you can get this or another set of players to play the intelligent and expansive football Hamilton used yesterday to play us off the park.

The only hope I can see for us in the short term is league reconstruction and I'm away to post on that thread now :confused:

I have renewed my season ticket and will continue to support the club. But I have no right to judge or badger those who wont ...... I will however continue to spit out my considerable bile against the owners of our club for bringing it to ruin.

GGTTH ....... Thats our Hibees ... not the sad apology for a club that STF and RP think are the Hibees.