PDA

View Full Version : Who do you keep?

hibsbollah
25-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Assuming at the moment everyone wants to get rid of the lot of them...but if you choose Three players to keep who are they?

Gatecrasher
25-05-2014, 07:53 PM
There's very few players I would be gutted if they left. The majority are an embarrassment to their profession and should find themselves lucky if they ever play a professional game again.

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Forster
Stanton
Harris

yeezus.
25-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Stanton, Stevenson and Cummings. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned.

andy1875
25-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Thommo (captain)
Stanton
Cummings

I'd have Williams in there but think he's away.

The rest can go.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon, Robertson and Stanton.

Not bothered in the slightest by anyone else.

scuttle
25-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Stanton and..........naw that's it

Winston Ingram
25-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Nelson has no votes. What a surprise....

mmmmhibby
25-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Stanton and Cummings along with Forster and maybe Harris as they are younger players. Keep Thomson and bin the rest of them. we need footballers at our club, not technically inept losers who run around like headless chickens and have no confidence in themselves doing their job.

Diclonius
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Hanlon, Forster, Stanton, Cummings, Thomson. Might keep Stevenson.

The rest - :bye:

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Stanton
Cummings
Hanlon

I'd keep Heffernan and Stevenson as well and maybe Thomson but you said 3 so the 1st 3 would be my 1st choice.

calumhibee1
25-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Hanlon, Stanton, Cummings, Thomson, Robertson and Stevenson. Wouldn't be against Forster staying but other than that I actually want the rest out. Want Maybury to stay aswell, but he shouldn't be playing next season, even though he's been one of our better players towards the end of the season.

Black Kyle
25-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Heff, Stanton, Robertson, Hanlon, Cummings, KT defo

Collins - maybe get goals in a lower league and get some confidence?

Think the hardest bit will be keeping players we want to keep.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Cummings, Thommo, Stanton, Stevenson.

The rest feel free to make your way to the exits!

ScottM1875
25-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Keep the kids (stanton, cummings harris etc), also robertson and Craig (potentially a very good player, just needs to get his head sorted)and stevenson, maybury and heff as squad players.

BVB Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Not willing to take the hit on getting rid of Collins personally. Make him toil it out in the championship.

I'd keep all the young lads, including Handling and Harris as they've all got a bit of potential.

Maybury is a good back up, especially considering his coaching qualifications, for next year. Tries and easily enough quality for the Championship if we can keep him.

Hanlon is out best defender, has to stay. Williams if we can keep him signed up too. Stevenson is more than capable for next year too.

For lack of a better option, I'd strip Craig of the captaincy, but hold onto him for LM. I know many here don't like him, but I still reckon there's a player there. Butcher won't get the most out of him, but another manager just might.

Ideally next year I want:
New Keeper/ Williams
Right Back Hanlon Center Back Left Back
Right Mid Center Mid/Thomson Robertson Left Mid/Craig
Collins Striker

Keep on Forster, Harris, Cummings, Stevenson, Maybury, Stanton and Handling for the bench/squad

Essentially, back back 4 needed (3 starters and a defensive allrounder as back-up), 2 wingers, at least one CM (though Robertson and Thomson more than good enough for that level and Stanton I'd keep too. Only position that's probably fine) and another striker to parter Collins with Cummings in as back up. 8 signings minimum and let a few young lads fill in the gaps. Better make our decision on the management quickly and get on with it.

skipster7
25-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Would stick with Cummings and Harris for another year. For me i'd keep Stanton, Robertson, Hanlon, Forster and Stevenson. Mixed in with a few proven pros brought in by our next manager.

chrishfc
25-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Based on their performances this season, this is the worst Hibs team I have ever seen, so wouldn't keep a single player.

No dramatics, just need to get rid of them all.

we are hibs
25-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Stanton, the rest can **** off.

hibee19
25-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Forster
Hanlon
Thomson
Harris
Stanton
Cummings

Maybe:
Robertson
Handling
Caldwell
Cairney

capitals_finest
25-05-2014, 08:23 PM
In no order the only ones worth keeping:

Stanton
Cummings
Harris
Forster
Hanlon
Handling

Possibly
Stevenson
Thomson

James.
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Stanton and Robertson.

If Williams was willing to stay, I'd keep him too.

The rest can GTF

hibee19
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'd add Stevenson to the list too

Hiber-nation
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
13 votes for Craig? Nah, must be a mistake somewhere. Disgrace of a captain.

MrHibs1982
25-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I would like to keep the youth, Hanlon, Harris, Forster, Stanton & Harris. I was not too impressed with Williams this year but he may be worth keeping along with Stevenson, Thommo and McPake, he hardly played this year and think he could really help us fight out next season in the Championship if he is going to be fit.

hibsbollah
25-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Thats mine too. Hanlon possibly.

Heedersnvolleys
25-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Heff, Stanton, Robertson, Hanlon, Cummings, KT defo

Collins - maybe get goals in a lower league and get some confidence?

Think the hardest bit will be keeping players we want to keep.

I think your having a laugh not one of them today will be able to get a club to take them on this season performance! Unfortunately we are stuck with most of this sh***

wills
25-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Hanlon, Forster, Stanton Thomson and maybe Collins with the right striking partner

Forza Fred
25-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Keep the kids (stanton, cummings harris etc), also robertson and Craig (potentially a very good player, just needs to get his head sorted)and stevenson, maybury and heff as squad players.

Honestly don't rate Cummings.

We make the mistake about raving over our youngsters when viewed objectively their performances do not merit it.

Stanton...yes, but the others are nothing special.

West hamBERNIAN
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Everyone under 23. Would love to see KT stay but little chance of that I would imagine. I'd keep Lewis also. Other than that I'd play the under 21s who would hopefully play with a bit of hunger and desire.

Ryan91
25-05-2014, 08:47 PM
All of the young players stay - Hanlon stays, as does Stevenson and Thomson (who is appointed club captain). Robertson and Heff are also possibilities but I can't see either of them wanting to play first division football.

eastterrace
25-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I'd add Stevenson to the list too

we are in this position due to the quality off players like stevenson, nothing against the lad personally but he is really gash , slows everything down , scored two goals in about 215 games , we have got to start getting better players than this imo.

ScottM1875
25-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Honestly don't rate Cummings.

We make the mistake about raving over our youngsters when viewed objectively their performances do not merit it.

Stanton...yes, but the others are nothing special.

Personally I feel that Cummings could really be someone to look out for in the future. He's fast, agile, quite strong and got a good left foot. He's also shown he's got quite a bit of footballing intelligence. He's still only 18 and has bags of potential and confidence. In a couple of years with good development he could be a very bright spark. I do feel its important that he's not thrown straight into the starting 11 every week. Still too young.

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Nelson is the odd man out. Useless. Get rid quickly.

SDavey1992
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
HANLON: alongside a centre back who is actually mobile.
CUMMINGS: will score a few in the league below, but only especially beside a good experienced striker.
STANTON: will thrive in that league.
THOMSON: will help bring along Stanton.
STEVENSON: Cares about the club, will always give everything.
HARRIS: If he gets that confidence and swagger that he had when he first broke in, of course.
ROBERTSON: Our best midfielder this year when he was fit.

That's really it. I want to say Liam Craig. I really do. No one can be so consistent under one team and not under another. I feel that there is a player under there somewhere

ScottM1875
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
HANLON: alongside a centre back who is actually mobile.
CUMMINGS: will score a few in the league below, but only especially beside a good experienced striker.
STANTON: will thrive in that league.
THOMSON: will help bring along Stanton.
STEVENSON: Cares about the club, will always give everything.
HARRIS: If he gets that confidence and swagger that he had when he first broke in, of course.
ROBERTSON: Our best midfielder this year when he was fit.

That's really it. I want to say Liam Craig. I really do. No one can be so consistent under one team and not under another. I feel that there is a player under there somewhere

I agree with what you say about Craig. I feel that when he was made captain and played in a holding midfield role he lost his way and his attacking confidence. When played in an attacking role, or even left mid I think he will thrive. He can strike a ball well and used to be able to pick a good pass but he seemed to have lost the plot. Take the pressure(captaincy) off him and I think he'll get back to scoring goals.

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Hanlon, Cummings, Robertson and Stanton.
Get the rest away from the club.

500miles
25-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I know we're hurting, but if we're not keeping Craig at the club and fitting him into the team, then it's an absolute waste. He was top boy at St. J's when they came third last year, but has been wasted at Hibs playing defensive mid.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Hanlon, Forster, Thomson, Craig, Collins, Cummings, Williams, Stanton.

Maybe Robertson, Stevenson, handling.

Can't believe heffernan's getting votes - he doesn't try a leg.

LaMotta

Thats mine too. Hanlon possibly.

Agree with that. Anyone keeping Collins as one of their three needs their head checked :crazy:

Greenblood
I wonder if any of the contracted players have relegation release clauses!

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon, Robertson and Stanton.

Not bothered in the slightest by anyone else.
These 4 + KT

Danderhall Hibs
I know we're hurting, but if we're not keeping Craig at the club and fitting him into the team, then it's an absolute waste. He was top boy at St. J's when they came third last year, but has been wasted at Hibs playing defensive mid.

100% agree.

LaMotta
Hanlon, Forster, Thomson, Craig, Collins, Cummings, Williams, Stanton.

Maybe Robertson, Stevenson, handling.

Can't believe heffernan's getting votes - he doesn't try a leg.

I agree with 95% of your posts but Heffernan is twice the player Collins is!

Kyle A
25-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Every player over the age if 21 should go along with the management team.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree with 95% of your posts but Heffernan is twice the player Collins is!

If heffernan was Collins the crowd would've been on his back early doors today - touch was abysmal, didn't jump, didn't look like scoring.

Twice the player with less goals...

coco22
25-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Michael, give it up son. Voting for yourself is even more embarrassing than you disgracing the green and white with your woeful 'football'. You will never be an admiral.

keep Stanton, Stevenson, Forster and Hanlon. FWIW I would stick with Thommo too

LaMotta
25-05-2014, 09:42 PM
If heffernan was Collins the crowd would've been on his back early doors today - touch was abysmal, didn't jump, didn't look like scoring.

Twice the player with less goals...

He's got more goals per game this year than Collins. 4 in 19 Heff to 6 in 36 Collins. Despite being poor he still showed more quality today than Collins has all season imo.

BVB Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Collins has a history of scoring goals in England. Even with his nightmare season his overall record is still very good. Hold onto him and try build a team around him to create chances for him. Honestly reckon he'll come good, especially against the standard of defence we'll be up against next year, all he needs is more than an average of 0.4 chances a game.

Greencore
25-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Harris, Stanton, Cummings and Hanlon.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-05-2014, 09:45 PM
The 'Heff' and Robertson are **** as well, why do people want to keep these 2?

Green Cabbage 7
25-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Can't believe the folk picking Stevenson, sorry flatters to deceive for me, try's hard but will not, does not have the confidence to take his man on when in a good position, when he does have it he wants rid if the ball ASAP sorry not for me

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:48 PM
He's got more goals per game this year than Collins. 4 in 19 Heff to 6 in 36 Collins. Despite being poor he still showed more quality today than Collins has all season imo.

Disagree that he showed more quality. He was as bad as Collins has been without the effort IMO.

Cod Boy
25-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Boatang

Potty78
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM
None of them. I am sorry to say that but not one is good enough!

SAUZEH
25-05-2014, 09:52 PM

agree on these three

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 09:53 PM
cannae believe folk have voted for Nelson :faf:

SAUZEH
25-05-2014, 09:55 PM

10 in 55? Heff is slower and lazier than Collins, who is slower ands lazier than me.... sorry VP and everyone else but we needed a striker in January and now we need two or three.

LaMotta
25-05-2014, 10:54 PM
10 in 55? Heff is slower and lazier than Collins, who is slower ands lazier than me.... sorry VP and everyone else but we needed a striker in January and now we need two or three.

I dont disagree that we need better than both but for feks sake at least Heffernan can trap a ball and play a few one twos..... Collins has looked way out his depth from day one.

LaMotta
25-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Disagree that he showed more quality. He was as bad as Collins has been without the effort IMO.

I disagree :)

Borderhibbie76
25-05-2014, 11:05 PM

Craig?? Possibly the worst hibs capt ever....he should be 1 if the first out the door imo along with nelson and mcgivern. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibby 2005
25-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Hanlon, Cummings, Robertson and Stanton.
Get the rest away from the club.

Add a confident Harris and that's it. Thomson is all talk and Williams, the only other player worth keeping, is gone.

(((Fergus)))
25-05-2014, 11:30 PM
All the youngsters plus Stevenson and Robertson. Williams too if he would stay.

Everyone else is too jaded and accustomed to a life of mediocrity - including the Blessed Katie who I believe lost Andreu for the goal. Heffernan might be OK but probably not worth the wage.

FromTheCapital
25-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Now that we are in the championship I think our team will look something like this:

Williams

Forster - NEW - Hanlon - NEW

NEW - Thomson - Stanton - Stevenson

NEW - Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 11:44 PM
We've just been relegated how can anyone want anybody? Bunch of useless *******s.

dave62
25-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Stevenson, Stanton and Robertson. The only three players at Hibs who look like they care whether we win or lose, and we'll need that attitude next season.

Maybury can stay as coach (or manager).

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Hanlon, Stanton, Stevenson, Cummings and Robertson.

That's the only 5 recognizable faces I want to see at Hibs next season.

NOLA
26-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Hanlon, Thomson , Stanton, Robertson, Cummings.

rossi
26-05-2014, 02:21 AM
Where does the money come from to buy/sign 15-20 new players?

PeeJay
26-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Ideally, I wouldn't keep any of them myself - not a single one. Contracts may well mean that some will have to stay. At a push, I would keep Williams, but he is gong anyway apparently: so that's me back to zero ... let's not kid ourselves, we are where we are because of the "footballers" on our books. Keep the manager, get in an entirely new squad - Hamilton had a great wee team on the park yesterday, running around, passing the ball, creating things, having a go - enjoying their football, all on a low budget: they showed our "team" up for what they are

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Keep Robertson? I f'n despair, yesterday was a day for the senior pros to step up to the plate and show us what they're made of and Robertson hid for 120 mins along with the rest of them. He also single-handedly lost us the game against Ross County and has in all honesty provided **** all in an attacking sense this season. Another waste of a jersey.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 05:46 AM
Keep Robertson? I f'n despair, yesterday was a day for the senior pros to step up to the plate and show us what they're made of and Robertson hid for 120 mins along with the rest of them. He also single-handedly lost us the game against Ross County and has in all honesty provided **** all in an attacking sense this season. Another waste of a jersey.

He was poor yesterday, always off balance, never gets forward, doesn't create anything.

And he was happy to step aside come penalty time as well.

confused
26-05-2014, 06:05 AM
Nelson has no votes. What a surprise....

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw that he now has 4 votes !!! Terry Butcher isn't the only bampot out there then ?

mmmmhibby
26-05-2014, 07:24 AM
just not buying this at all. Keep the younger players and bin the rest. Starting with Lewis Stevenson, the love affair with this guy is over. He offers nothing at all. tactically inept and no awareness whatsoever. There is far better left sided players all over the Scottish Lower Leagues than LS.

ScottM1875
26-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Craig?? Possibly the worst hibs capt ever....he should be 1 if the first out the door imo along with nelson and mcgivern. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I agree, never a captain in his life but think he is potentially a very good player who has a good strike and can pick a good pass, when he gets his head sorted and the pressure of captaincy has been taken away. He was probably our best player up until November. The captaincy and the holding midfield role has ruined him.

merritthibees
26-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Forster
Stanton
Harris

My mrs works with forsters mrs... Told her if we are relegated he's walking because he's better than that league and wants more money than he will get in that league! I will be happy when he's out the door! The other 2 I would keep!

Alex Trager
26-05-2014, 08:05 AM
When will we start to hear about the players leaving?

Cropley10
26-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Where does the money come from to buy/sign 15-20 new players?

The fans.

Cropley10
26-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Collins has a history of scoring goals in England. Even with his nightmare season his overall record is still very good. Hold onto him and try build a team around him to create chances for him. Honestly reckon he'll come good, especially against the standard of defence we'll be up against next year, all he needs is more than an average of 0.4 chances a game.

Please God no. Easiest player in Scotland to play against.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-05-2014, 08:58 AM
New GK

Forster
McPake
Hanlon
Stevenson

New RM
Stanton
Thomson
Harris

Cummings
New ST

Albion Hibs
26-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Being brutally honest in the past I have been gutted when we lost the likes of riordan, o'connor murphy, Whittaker but if not one of the entire squad was there I don't honesty think I would feel anything like that emotion. Of course I would be disappointed if Hanlon, Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Forster were no longer at the club but it would be nothing like feeling gutted. This is a sad reflection of where we are as a club IMO.

Expecting Rain
26-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I would keep Hanlon, Stanton, Harris, Forster, Handling, Booth and Cummins, the rest should seek a future elsewhere. Most of them have had plenty chances.