PDA

View Full Version : Lap of dishonour

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Hung about for a couple of minutes in the ground after the game. Only saw Williams, Maybury, Thomson and Robertson hanging back. All other players and management skulked off, assume no apology or thanks for your support happened. Shameful if so.

Speedway
25-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Probably our most honest senior pros.

happiehibbie
25-05-2014, 07:32 PM
i stayed back the players you mention where gutted the rest no interested

easty
25-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't in this case I think.

Curly1875
25-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Yup, if most of the players hung about on the pitch they would have just been given abuse.

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Agree completely.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Yup, if most of the players hung about on the pitch they would have just been given abuse.

And rightly so.

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:41 PM

Disagree at times you need to accept the responsibility for your performance but also thank the fans for their support.

25-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Says it all really. Bunch of gutless cowards and most of them couldn't give a **** about hibs. They will collect their final pay packet and slink off out the door without a single thought of hint of guilt. Clowns.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Hung about for a couple of minutes in the ground after the game. Only saw Williams, Maybury, Thomson and Robertson hanging back. All other players and management skulked off, assume no apology or thanks for your support happened. Shameful if so.

The players you mention got clapped off by a few

Borderhibbie76
25-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Says it all really. Bunch of gutless cowards and most of them couldn't give a **** about hibs. They will collect their final pay packet and slink off out the door without a single thought of hint of guilt. Clowns.

100 % mate...gutless spineless wage thieves bar a very select few!!

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:51 PM
The players you mention got clapped off by a few

Yep saw that and clapped Williams myself, was more thinking that players and management should have been made to front up in front of the fans after that.

dp00
25-05-2014, 10:57 PM
There was a point in second half where maybury screamed at someone and they just shrugged there shoulders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
25-05-2014, 11:14 PM
There was a point in second half where maybury screamed at someone and they just shrugged there shoulders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that and I think it was at Lewis for being easily beaten in the air. He's one boy who could shrug his shoulders after an accusation like that.

leithsansiro
25-05-2014, 11:17 PM
i stayed back the players you mention where gutted the rest no interested

You seriously think that Stevenson isn't interested? Or Cummings?

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Not a single player deserves our applause, not one.

stirling_hibee
25-05-2014, 11:20 PM
D

Hibeesmad
25-05-2014, 11:59 PM
I think we will see only four players at the club next season who started the game, maybe five at a push.

Stevenson
Stanton
Cummings
Robertson
Heffernan

Jamesie
26-05-2014, 12:00 AM

So honest that only one of them stepped up for a penalty and the others were happy to leave an eighteen year old laddie to carry the can aye?

Billychaotic182
26-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Scott Robertson looked gutted. He is one player who I really hope we keep.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 12:13 AM
So honest that only one of them stepped up for a penalty and the others were happy to leave an eighteen year old laddie to carry the can aye?

The penalty takers are decided by the manager. Which makes it even more puzzling that such a young inexperienced lad would have that pressure put on him.

Pete
26-05-2014, 12:21 AM

The penalty takers are decided by the manager. Which makes it even more puzzling that such a young inexperienced lad would have that pressure put on him.

Why are people looking for scapegoats? He's a striker who's job it is to score goals plus he's young and confident. He was probably eager to take the last penalty. It's the same with Thomson who probably felt that he was the best man for the job when it came to opening the account.

People are acting like these two were shrinking violets who had this terrible burden placed upon them because others were cowardly or downright stupid.

I know it's hard to take right now but have a word. This isn't an area where blame can be apportioned as there is NO magic formula or correct way to do things when it comes to penalties.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Hibs lost the game long before penalties.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Why are people looking for scapegoats? He's a striker who's job it is to score goals plus he's young and confident. He was probably eager to take the last penalty. It's the same with Thomson who probably felt that he was the best man for the job when it came to opening the account.

People are acting like these two were shrinking violets who had this terrible burden placed upon them because others were cowardly or downright stupid.

I know it's hard to take right now but have a word. This isn't an area where blame can be apportioned as there is NO magic formula or correct way to do things when it comes to penalties.

There's certainly no "magic formula" when it comes to penalty shoot outs. But it requires a lot of nerve in big situations like these.

To put that pressure on such a young lad who hasn't had a great deal of playing time this season is ludicrous.

Especially when you have more experienced players available who will be more likely to hold their nerve in such a situation.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 12:32 AM
I think we will see only four players at the club next season who started the game, maybe five at a push.

Stevenson
Stanton
Cummings
Robertson
Heffernan

Why?
Whats going to happen to all the other clowns who are under contract?

Steven_Hibs
26-05-2014, 01:22 AM

Stevenson
Stanton
Cummings
Robertson
Heffernan

Stanton and Cummings I'd keep the rest are absolutely rotten

Pete
26-05-2014, 01:37 AM
There's certainly no "magic formula" when it comes to penalty shoot outs. But it requires a lot of nerve in big situations like these.

To put that pressure on such a young lad who hasn't had a great deal of playing time this season is ludicrous.

Especially when you have more experienced players available who will be more likely to hold their nerve in such a situation.

Sometimes the youngest have the most nerve in such situations mate.

As for the more experienced players who have been round the block...our top man in that category didn't do the business when it came to taking one of the most important ones.

We're club teams who don't simulate such situations so we're as well tossing a coin to decide the winner next time such is the nature of these shoot outs.