PDA

View Full Version : Subbing a Sub

Sergey
25-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Poor guy - this is ignominy personified.

Should he even have had a place on the bench?

trev the hat
25-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Says way more about the management than the player IMO

Allant1981
25-05-2014, 07:26 PM
He was gash when he came on so deserved to go off but he was not alone

hibsbollah
25-05-2014, 07:28 PM
I actually think Harris will come good again. He needs to get over a few mental hurdles first and get some decent coaching, but the boys got talent.

S4uzee
25-05-2014, 07:28 PM
He was meant to be finished for the season a few months ago... shambles

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2014, 07:35 PM
It only shows what a dreadful manager Butcher is. Harris struggled on Wednesday so he drops him and replaces him with someone who has hardly kicked a ball in the last few weeks and is hopefully going at the end of the season. He gets injured in the 1st minute and what does Butcher do? He brings on Harris who's confidence must have been even lower than on Wednesday. Shocking management from Butcher and the sooner he is away from the place the better.

IWasThere2016
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Harris has been piss poor for months and I cannot believe how much game time he has had tbh.

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Got to be said I would have hooked Craig before Harris, struggling though he was he was one of the few players who can run.

Smiggy 7-0
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Got to be said I would have hooked Craig before Harris, struggling though he was he was one of the few players who can run. Aye he can run and ???

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 08:10 PM
We'd have been no worse off if he'd got a red card. He's like an empty jersey. Timid with the heart of a pea.

3pm
25-05-2014, 08:46 PM
The sub was a ****in disgrace. Sums Butcher up.

Actually feel sorry for Harris.

Allan45
25-05-2014, 08:48 PM
As someone had said, Harris should have not come on unless, others are poorer than him.
i would have put on Collins on instead.
a very poor performance throughout the team. Only 3 or 4worked their socks off....:confused:

oconnors_strip
25-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Very bad man management from butcher yet again. Should have started with Cairney

The Sea-gull
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Harris was playing poorly and had basically been on from the start so not really subbing a sub in the most ignominious of fashions. He was right to take him off but should not have brought him on in the first place.

ehf
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
It only shows what a dreadful manager Butcher is. Harris struggled on Wednesday so he drops him and replaces him with someone who has hardly kicked a ball in the last few weeks and is hopefully going at the end of the season. He gets injured in the 1st minute and what does Butcher do? He brings on Harris who's confidence must have been even lower than on Wednesday. Shocking management from Butcher and the sooner he is away from the place the better.

:agree:

Amongst a litany of Butcher crimes, this was the most heinous. He threw away a substitution that could have made all the difference later in the game by having to sub a sub.

Should never have started with Haynes, either. Cairney would have been a better bet. Actually not sure Haynes was really injured - think he might have been faking it as he hadn't expected to play, didn't want to an wasn't up for it.

Borderhibbie76
25-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Harris is living off a few decent performances last season...all I see is a total bottle merchant who has less heart than the bloody Tin Man. Just because he came thru our youth set up should not mask this...he has contributed the square root of F@@@ all this season. Lunacy from Butcher today...after saying a few weeks back that harris was out 1st team for rest of season. TB is just a slavering eejit...he must go!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
25-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Subbing a sub is a sure sign of managerial failure. That's when you know things are totally out of control.

Sean1875
25-05-2014, 11:22 PM
probably drained away any remaining confidence Harris had left in himself. Hopefully a big pre season from Boozy and we can get back the player we saw at Hampden last year.

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 11:23 PM
The abuse hurled at him in training from the management team probably doesn't help his confidence.
Butcher has to go.

leithsansiro
25-05-2014, 11:27 PM
I actually think Harris will come good again. He needs to get over a few mental hurdles first and get some decent coaching, but the boys got talent.

leithsansiro
25-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Harris is living off a few decent performances last season...all I see is a total bottle merchant who has less heart than the bloody Tin Man. Just because he came thru our youth set up should not mask this...he has contributed the square root of F@@@ all this season. Lunacy from Butcher today...after saying a few weeks back that harris was out 1st team for rest of season. TB is just a slavering eejit...he must go!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have a look at yourself. Total bottle merchant? You do realise that the lad had a massive injury caused by a ridiculous tackle? The lad had his ankle broken by a thug, I'm not surprised that he's still hesitant of going into challenges. Out of curiosity, would you be chucking yourself into challenges a few months after being rushed back from breaking a major joint?

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Should never have come on in the 1st place.

Another, on a long list, of baffling Butcherisms.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Have a look at yourself. Total bottle merchant? You do realise that the lad had a massive injury caused by a ridiculous tackle? The lad had his ankle broken by a thug, I'm not surprised that he's still hesitant of going into challenges. Out of curiosity, would you be chucking yourself into challenges a few months after being rushed back from breaking a major joint?

Tbh injury is part and parcel of football.

Players have had worse injuries than Harris before and come back. Not saying it's easy but he's had months of games now and still looks like he's just back in the side.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Harris should never have played in the first place he was complete and utter *****.

RIP Bestie
25-05-2014, 11:45 PM
He was gash when he came on so deserved to go off but he was not alone
I'm really sorry but this is way out of order.
As I have said in other threads, Harris should not be near the Hibs first team just now.
it was disgraceful that Butcher, having dropped him, brought him on so early in the game. He dropped him for a reason and I think it would not be unrealistic to think that it may have been justifiable to leave him out of the squad altogether. In my opinion this "inspirational leader" has destroyed the confidence of a young player that may be irreversible. It was clear to most after Wednesday, that Harris was suffering from a severe lack of confidence.
I never seen the same as others on here seen in Harris in terms of his ability, but I do feel that Butcher has done more damage than good with us decisions today.

Captain Trips
25-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Indeed

snooky
25-05-2014, 11:58 PM

Aye - Telepathetic

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 12:41 AM
I remember when he done it to caldwell when he had been on for about 5 minutes. However this was at the start and everyone was delighted as it shower he took no ****

Shame he had a effect on the players for about 3 games

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Aye - Telepathetic
How can you even think about justifying that substitution?

Baader
26-05-2014, 12:48 AM
As I have said in other threads, Harris should not be near the Hibs first team just now.
it was disgraceful that Butcher, having dropped him, brought him on so early in the game. He dropped him for a reason and I think it would not be unrealistic to think that it may have been justifiable to leave him out of the squad altogether. In my opinion this "inspirational leader" has destroyed the confidence of a young player that may be irreversible. It was clear to most after Wednesday, that Harris was suffering from a severe lack of confidence.
I never seen the same as others on here seen in Harris in terms of his ability, but I do feel that Butcher has done more damage than good with us decisions today.

Butcher said as much himself weeks ago that Harris would benefit from time out. Decisions like the substitution and his constant changing of a starting 11 serve only to convince me that he really does not know what he is doing.. Trying to see out the 90 mins with a lone 18 year old striker? Sorry but how can we have any confidence in him as manager

Nakedmanoncrack
26-05-2014, 12:49 AM

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Butcher said as much himself weeks ago that Harris would benefit from time out. Decisions like the substitution and his constant changing of a starting 11 serve only to convince me that he really does not know what he is doing.. Trying to see out the 90 mins with a lone 18 year old striker. Sorry but how can we have any confidence in him as manager
I can't. The man is an imbecile as far as I'm concerned.

gegs70
26-05-2014, 12:52 AM

I agree decent player....but at the away leg he would start to move down the wing then run back... He doesn't know what he is doing and needs to go back to Eos team to build up his confidence Terry SaiD that but changed his mind....

gegs70
26-05-2014, 12:53 AM

Agree...you.need experience...Cairney should have come on!

eggbamyasi
26-05-2014, 12:56 AM
I think he should have put harris on and also should have subbed him . Dont think he should have put jones on but should have put collins on for heff . Our squad is **** our players have been horiffic and ahould be ashamed . Cairney on instead of harris ? Possibly but tbh imo cairney has been ****ing woeful too . Equally bad as harris . The whole teams a mess and has been most of season . Position wise and balance wise just horrible . If these players cant get motivation from people like malpas and butcher I can actually imagine anyone being able too . Really for me majority of players in this squad dont deserve to put on a hibs top ever again .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

gegs70
26-05-2014, 01:07 AM
I think he should have put harris on and also should have subbed him . Dont think he should have put jones on but should have put collins on for heff . Our squad is **** our players have been horiffic and ahould be ashamed . Cairney on instead of harris ? Possibly but tbh imo cairney has been ****ing woeful too . Equally bad
as harris . The whole teams a mess and has been most of season .
Position wise and balance wise just horrible . If these players cant get motivation from people like malpas and butcher I can actually imagine anyone being able too . Really for me majority of players in this squad dont deserve to put on a hibs top ever again .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Perhaps but cairnié has played that league and Harris has zero confidence.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:11 AM
Perhaps but cairnié has played that league and Harris has zero confidence.

Cairney was away before the play off's - plus he is overweight. All in all, despite him being a decent lad, he is pash and has his livelihood elsewhere......shouldnt have been named in the squad let alone team.

Hibs7
26-05-2014, 07:05 AM

Totally agree a very poor management decision. Collins should have come on and harassed the right side of the Hamilton defence as they were struggling to cope with a strong running attacker. But to drop Harris then put hi on after 10 minutes was a very poor management decision.