PDA

View Full Version : Schoolboy Decision

keep the faith
25-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Taking off Heff and replacing with Tudor Jones.

Fair enough, Heffernan was tired, and he was trying to shore up the game for the last 10 mins. However I said at the time but there was always the possibility of extra time and leaving a young (knackered) lad to play another 40 mins as a lone striker was mental and hugely unfair. Collins should have been on as the outball for the end of normal time and at least we would have had a fit striker for extra time.

It really was a grossly incompetent display of tactical awareness.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Taking off Heff and replacing with Tudor Jones.

Fair enough, Heffernan was tired, and he was trying to shore up the game for the last 10 mins. However I said at the time but there was always the possibility of extra time and leaving a young (knackered) lad to play another 40 mins as a lone striker was mental and hugely unfair. Collins should have been on as the outball for the end of normal time and at least we would have had a fit striker for extra time.

It really was a grossly incompetent display of tactical awareness.

:agree:

Also, anyone see Collins continue to warm up for another 10 mins or so? What was that about?

Sean1875
25-05-2014, 06:34 PM
trying to settle for a 1-0 defeat at home to a championship side. amazing.

DaveF
25-05-2014, 06:38 PM
The decision to bring on Harris did it for me. Ridiculously unfair on a kid bereft of confidence to throw im into that game like he did.

easty
25-05-2014, 06:39 PM
We were settling for 1-0 as soon as they scored, long before Heff went off.

I said to my mate before half time that it was embarrassing the team were losing to a lower division side and weren't even bothered by that fact.

Heisenberg
25-05-2014, 06:41 PM
He set up to play for a draw. 1 up top. Craig back into defensive midfield. Why the **** was Cummings playing left midfield? He is clueless. His subs and team selection today confirm that. Worst Hibs manager I've ever seen.

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2014, 07:49 PM
The decision to bring on Harris did it for me. Ridiculously unfair on a kid bereft of confidence to throw im into that game like he did.

I said the same on another thread. Shocking management.

PPZPOL
25-05-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm still sitting trying to work out if his decisions were a wind up. I just don't think you can be that tactically naive.

Scottie
25-05-2014, 08:00 PM
The ultimate responsibility lay with TB but the whole coaching staff are to blame for this.
MM and SM are equally culpable and must all go.
The dream team as was touted at the time we got them has managed to take us mid table to relegation and it dosen't look like one of them could have cared less. That's how far we have slumped.
TRUELY shocking.

confused
25-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm still sitting trying to work out if his decisions were a wind up. I just don't think you can be that tactically naive.

100% AGREE the mans a clown , end of , a clown

Hibs Class
25-05-2014, 08:01 PM
:agree:

Also, anyone see Collins continue to warm up for another 10 mins or so? What was that about?

I noticed Collins warming up, thought the time that butcher might have forgotten that Harris had been a sub and so reckoned he had a change left.

The Sea-gull
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Butcher has made a host of poor decisions in the last three months. He is woefully out of his depth and lost for ideas. I did not see this coming.

gaz1875
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
He set up to play for a draw. 1 up top. Craig back into defensive midfield. Why the **** was Cummings playing left midfield? He is clueless. His subs and team selection today confirm that. Worst Hibs manager I've ever seen.

My same comment at kick off, we sat back hoping to counter attack, at home with a 2 - 0 lead against a team from the lower division. Totally abysmal and a defeatist attitude right from the start, one shot on target in each half sums it all up :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 08:11 PM
I said to myself before the game that we needed to score a 3rd goal. Hamilton getting the 1st goal was always going to result in this outcome.

We seemed to more or less play for a draw from the very start, which I thought was incredible.

hibbybob
25-05-2014, 08:36 PM

It didn't work on Wednesday - even Butcher acknowledged that by dropping Harris. So why replace Haynes with Harris?!

Everybody knew Thomson should have started or at least replaced Haynes.

Absolutely incompetent!

loanheadhibby
25-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Agreed. Thomson should have started. We needed some composure on the ball. 4 5 1 at home to a championship team!

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Schoolboy decision was to change and tinker with a winning side, a team who won their first game in ages :aok: doesn't matter how Harris played first game, he played in a side that scored 2, conceded none and he had a wee hand in the second.

For me it's all psychological too - you simply leave a team that worked. Yes, Alex came on early but damage was done to a confidence that doesn't need much to break this season. Minute he found he was not starting his head would have dipped.

Add into the mix that Scotland was simply superb and showed all his experience from here and down south. Played our back four single handedly. Saying that, even I could play against Nelson - atrocious footballer. People that question Alex Harris's 'heart'.......look no further than Nelson, Craig and McGivern if you want to see cowardice on a football pitch my Hibs chums :agree:

Bobby's Cinema
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Utter utter madness. A decision that largely consigned us to pens. Crazy

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 08:45 PM
It didn't work on Wednesday - even Butcher acknowledged that by dropping Harris. So why replace Haynes with Harris?!

Everybody knew Thomson should have started or at least replaced Haynes.

Absolutely incompetent!

We won 2-0 on Wednesday - that to my football educated brain suggested it worked.

hibbybob
25-05-2014, 08:49 PM
We won 2-0 on Wednesday - that to my football educated brain suggested it worked.

Perhaps might have been better than 2-0 on Wednesday with 11 players contributing!

Not having a go at Harris but he's struggling at present and Butcher shouldn't have played him.

500miles
25-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Changing for the first game at all was nonsense. We invited Hamilton on top of us, but when we reverted to 4-4-2 the pressure eased a bit. If we had done that at the start, they probably wouldn't have scored and they wouldn't have smelt blood so early on.

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
He set up to defend a two goal lead. He played the tie and not the match.
Jobs half done, it's 0-0 again. Then why the **** weren't we trying to score?!!!!!!!

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Perhaps might have been better than 2-0 on Wednesday with 11 players contributing!

Not having a go at Harris but he's struggling at present and Butcher shouldn't have played him.

Like I say, we won 2-0 on Wednesday - that to me suggests the side did well and what was required. Hence absolutely no need to tinker and change - just sends another message of insecurity. We started to lose when he tinkered about after going unbeaten in about 9 or 10 games. Should have learned his lesson - he didn't and was punished, rightly so. Terrible management.

hibbybob
25-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Like I say, we won 2-0 on Wednesday - that to me suggests the side did well and what was required. Hence absolutely no need to tinker and change - just sends another message of insecurity. We started to lose when he tinkered about after going unbeaten in about 9 or 10 games. Should have learned his lesson - he didn't and was punished, rightly so. Terrible management.

No arguments there!