PDA

View Full Version : New Manager

nribs
25-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Yip I know we have one but he won't be here next season. Butcher wasn't my first choice I wanted Archibald at Partick Thistle. Ideaky I'd have wanted McCall should we have retained our SPL status. Now we need to build and I think Ian Murray has to get the gig.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Advertise the post and interview as many candidates as posible . Can take a month to make appointment . Maybe time to look overseas .

Dibben
25-05-2014, 06:34 PM
TB was the majority of fans choice for the job. However, should he go, Ian Murray has to be a stick on for it. Has experience now and knows the division!

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Advertise the post and interview as many candidates as posible . Can take a month to make appointment . Maybe time to look overseas .

This for me!

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Someone totally different.

I advocated a foreigner last time and I still do.

Speedway
25-05-2014, 06:47 PM
McLeish by whatever means possible.

BT58
25-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Tommy Wright the manager at saints..
Would he be foreign enough ???
Victor

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 06:50 PM
McLeish by whatever means possible.

Good shout as well actually.

Would welcome him, Mowbray or Collins tbh.

All of them seemed to 'get' Hibs to some extent.

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 06:51 PM
History suggests it won't make any difference. Plus, we're down. The damage is done.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Tommy Wright the manager at saints..
Would he be foreign enough ???
Victor

I'd take him but doubt he'd leave a shot at European football for the Championship.

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 06:53 PM

We are right to be looking for a new manager, but I don't think we have a month, as that would take up to the beginning of July, the same month pre-season starts, and if the new manager is to train anyone he will need to be in within a couple of weeks tops to start recruiting let alone training. We need a team in place for the opening day of the season, none of the past adding in August or counting down to the January window.

nribs
25-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Easy to pick a manager eh?

TB was by far the fans favourite, maybe not yours but for the majority on here.

If Ian Murray was to get it and fail Whose head would it be on?
Never said it was eh!?
I know he was the majorities choice I remember getting shouted down when I wanted Archibald. Not saying Archibald would have worked out better. I guess what u class as failure because it's not going to be easy getting out that league.

Seveno
25-05-2014, 06:54 PM
History suggests it won't make any difference. Plus, we're down. The damage is done.

The damage is by no means done. We have to get back up in a season.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 06:58 PM
We are right to be looking for a new manager, but I don't think we have a month, as that would take up to the beginning of July, the same month pre-season starts, and if the new manager is to train anyone he will need to be in within a couple of weeks tops to start recruiting let alone training. We need a team in place for the opening day of the season, none of the past adding in August or counting down to the January window.Lower leagues in Spain don`t finish for a few more weeks though some clubs have finished and managers may be available . May be the same in other countries . Sure McDonough and Maybury could do the job till someone else was appointed .

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Hibs must and I mean MUST get out this division at the first attempt. Pay as much as possible for good standard players not journeymen.

If we don't come up first time around we could be unserious trouble financially as well as on the park.

GreenLake
25-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Butcher can't survive this and will be hounded out. With this squad remaining as it is we are a bottom six team in the championship, even if Ferguson comes back from retirement.

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 07:19 PM
I'd take him but doubt he'd leave a shot at European football for the Championship.

No chance , i asked him last week if he would take , he said why

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 07:22 PM
No chance , i asked him last week if he would take , he said why

Care to expand ?

HKhibby
25-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Yip I know we have one but he won't be here next season. Butcher wasn't my first choice I wanted Archibald at Partick Thistle. Ideaky I'd have wanted McCall should we have retained our SPL status. Now we need to build and I think Ian Murray has to get the gig.

Mcleish for me

joe breezy
25-05-2014, 07:27 PM
We need a new owner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 07:29 PM
If we really are starting from scratch then we need to do what Swansea City have done from the appointment of Martinez onwards and develop a way of playing football that every manager must fall within. All the success stories in Scottish football recently have come from teams that play football the right way, but we managed to pick a management team whose techniques come from the footballing dark ages.

Of course, first and foremost we need to be strong enough to get back up, and it won't always be pretty. But going to ER has been depressing for a long, long time, and if teams like Hamilton - who combined controlled possession with incisive, quick passing in the final third - can flourish in the Championship, then we should seek to do similar.

judas
25-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Don't you think a decision should be made imminently?

We can't go on with this bunch of players. New manager needs to be in now.

Aldo
25-05-2014, 07:33 PM
We will remain a mediocre to poor team until we get owners/CEO's with some ambition.

On the decline for the last 7 years and mismanaged from the top down.... Who gives a **** about the infrastructure when it's going to be wasted and less than half full ever week for the next good knows how many years.

Until Petrie goes we will just stumble from one disaster to another.

What manager in their right mind will want to come to us????

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't you think a decision should be made imminently?

We can't go on with this bunch of players. New manager needs to be in now. All of June to make decisión . How many out of contract players would we want to keep anyway ? If any want to stay , they can risk waiting till new manager arrives and makes decisions . Not many players sign for clubs till end of June anyway and we won`t have a league match till August .

1875M
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Why would McCall leave a good SPFL side who are in Europe for a championship side with rank rotten players? Yes, we are a bigger club but i don't think he'd come. Although i think Butcher won't go anywhere i'd personally have McLeish. Although Owen Coyle would be a decent shout imo

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Lower leagues in Spain don`t finish for a few more weeks though some clubs have finished and managers may be available . May be the same in other countries . Sure McDonough and Maybury could do the job till someone else was appointed .

I really don't domt think we can get by on folk doing a job, we need someone in who understands the league we are going into. The fact is that it is going to be tougher getting out of that league than it is finishing in the top three of the spl.

As as a club we need a significant change. We had 5/6 years of constant manager change and the task of getting rid of a team of players just about every year. I think that is an impossible task and has been the biggest factor in where we are now. Looking back to when we were a decent side we had a set team with players that we got excitd about getting a contract extension, that could not be said to be the case for a very long time.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Until there are serious changes in the boardroom, I couldn't care less who our manager is as it won't make a blind bit of difference.

You could put Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in there for all I care.

nribs
25-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Could you clarify the bit in bold?

You mentioned if Ian Murray was a failure. It depends whst you class as failure?? Should he not gain promotion is that failure?

Gettin' Auld
25-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Until there are serious changes in the boardroom, I couldn't care less who our manager is as it won't make a blind bit of difference.

You could put Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in there for all I care.

After todays performance, i think they are already in place mate......

judas
Guys guys. C'mon eh!!!!

Let me tell you something. There is no way that Coyle, Mcleish or Mowbray are coming to hibs. Don't be absurd.

yeezus.
The damage is by no means done. We have to get back up in a season.

I really can't see that happening mate. I think we will be in Div.1 for at least 2 seasons.

leggeto
25-05-2014, 07:48 PM
When the dust settles everyone will calm down and butcher will start work on building his team,I still think we would've went down if pat was still here as the players just never stepped up to the challenge, I don't think he will go or be sacked,I did want Stuart McColl before butcher but I never thought it was a bad choice

killie-hibby
25-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Why would McCall leave a good SPFL side who are in Europe for a championship side with rank rotten players? Yes, we are a bigger club but i don't think he'd come. Although i think Butcher won't go anywhere i'd personally have McLeish. Although Owen Coyle would be a decent shout imo

McCall,since Dempster's resignation is very unhappy. It is my guess he will be our next manager. My preference would be a partnership of Collins and Murray.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 07:49 PM
When the dust settles everyone will calm down and butcher will start work on building his team,I still think we would've went down if pat was still here as the players just never stepped up to the challenge, I don't think he will go or be sacked,I did want Stuart McColl before butcher but I never thought it was a bad choice

Couldn't disagree more with the bit in bold.

Davy Mac
25-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Yup, stats don't lie and the appointment although correct at the time has not worked out for both parties.

It happens in all walks of life/business - Cheerio and take the rest of your motley crew with you.

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Guys guys. C'mon eh!!!!

Let me tell you something. There is no way that Coyle, Mcleish or Mowbray are coming to hibs. Don't be absurd.

Agreed and you van add McCall to that list,a long with countless other managers that would not come to hibs in the premier league, let alone the championship.

Calum68
25-05-2014, 07:54 PM
What about KT and Maybury? Do you think they'd have the wherewithal? Lower cost option and KT knows what it means to be a Hibby

leggeto
Couldn't disagree more with the bit in bold.

Maybe but I don't think anyone could've motivated that team,most of us seen this coming

bingo70
Guys guys. C'mon eh!!!!

Agree.

I'd like us to go down the same route as what hearts are doing but with people in charge that have a footballing philosophy

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Advertise the post and interview as many candidates as posible . Can take a month to make appointment . Maybe time to look overseas .Agreed with this, this will arguably be our biggest ever managerial appointment, we have to take time and limit the chance of ******ing it up as much as we possibly can.

3pm
25-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Martin Allen - he's mental and won't tolerate the half hearted pish we have had to endure.

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Care to expand ?

I asked him if he fancied the Hibs job and his answer was why . Of course our ex players and ex manager laughing didnt help

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Guys guys. C'mon eh!!!!

Are they to busy like

Hibby_G
25-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Ian Murray Is The Man

Born A Hibee Played As A Hibee Hopefully Managed The Hibees

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Maybe but I don't think anyone could've motivated that team,most of us seen this coming

Many, many people wanted Fenlon to go - I don't think any one of them stated that it was because they thought he would take us down.

Our points per game average from Fenlon's 15 games would have seen us on 52 points. Butcher won as many games out of 22 as Fenlon did in 11. We have lost 15 of our last 19 matches, including two at home against lower league opposition.

No one saw that coming when Butcher was appointed. No one.

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Ian Murray Is The Man

With KT and Maybury

trev the hat
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
TB should fall on his sword. No more needs said.
Petrie should be hounded out the club permanently & Tom Farmer should foundation the club as a gift to fan control. It's like having the Tories

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Murray with McPake as assistant?

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Murray with McPake as assistant?

Murray with his current assistant will do just fine. I would not add McPake to anything. Plus the existing team have a proven track record and understanding of the league. If Murray can finish 3 points off a play off place with a part time team he has given the board at hibs everything they need to make their decision.

Theinsider
25-05-2014, 08:52 PM
John Collins as DOF
Alex Mcleish as manager (Short term) Moves on in a couple of years leaving Nid at the helm.
Ian Murray as his assistant
Maybury helping out in the youth set up.

KT as club Captain and build the squad around him.

1 Common way of playing football from the top down, the Hibs way

nribs
25-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Possibly, a lot would depend on by how far we failed by.

The point though, apart from being a distant memory, was that you are calling for Murray to be the next manager.

If he was appointed and failed by whatever definition it would still be Petrie's fault so it's easy at this point to go onto a message board and say so and so should be the next manager.

That is what has been happening up until now.
Murray is your favourite and maybe for others too, someone else will have their favourite and so on. Someone has to take the decision but it can go wrong.

I was all for Butcher and was amazed that people couldn't see the bigger picture.
Actually, I backed him too long which again was too easy to do, HE took us down.
We require a new manger I'm sure most will agree. Yes I didn't want him but I still supported him and wanted him to do well. I think I'm within my right to say I'd like Murray as manger. I don't always go for ex hibees but I do believe he knows the league he knows the support he knows hibs. He's also relatively cheap and probably one of the only decent managers who would see this as a step up right now.

ScottM1875
25-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Unfortunately I can see a pattern appearing. This place was full of praise for Petrie when he signed butcher and he's not lived up to the expectation. It just goes to show that just because a manager does well with one team doesn't mean he'll do well with another. That's why I think we need an experienced and seasoned manager who has proved himself throughout his career not just a couple of good years.

nribs
25-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately I can see a pattern appearing. This place was full of praise for Petrie when he signed butcher and he's not lived up to the expectation. It just goes to show that just because a manager does well with one team doesn't mean he'll do well with another. That's why I think we need an experienced and seasoned manager who has proved himself throughout his career not just a couple of good years.
Somebody like Bobby Williamson? We are in the 1st Division aye it will always be the 1st Division. How many seasoned experienced manager's will fancy this job? Seriously?

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 09:29 PM
DOF - John Collins - will only happen if KING ROD does the honourable thing and foxtrot oscars

First team Coach - James McDonough

assistant Coach - Maybury

Would like to keep KT as captain but that won't work if JC in so only if JC isn't in

Would take NId but not sure he'd want the poison chalice yet

HibbyAndy
25-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Ian Murray Is The Man

Spot on

Get Murray...And get him now !