PDA

View Full Version : Harris

ferry hibby
25-05-2014, 05:45 PM
What was in Butcher's mind to bring on Harris. His confidence must have been shot after the way things went at Hamilton and then being told you are not good enough for the starting eleven today. Would have even better playing someone like Cairney who can show a bit of bite and played at that level with Thistle and win those type of games.

California-Hibs
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Harris can seriously rot in the reserves for the rest of his days. We were very wrong about this guy, he is brutal. I don't care that he's young, look at some of the top teams in the world, they have players of Harris age. He is no where near good enough and I'm glad his confidence was probably shattered when Butcher subbed a sub, he was given a chance (like countless other times) and he once again done NOTHING.

Useless waste of a jersey.

Bob Box Fish
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
The laddie has caught the same bug that callum booth and David Wotherspoon got.

MrRobot
25-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Harris can seriously rot in the reserves for the rest of his days. We were very wrong about this guy, he is brutal. I don't care that he's young, look at some of the top teams in the world, they have players of Harris age. He is no where near good enough and I'm glad his confidence was probably shattered when Butcher subbed a sub, he was given a chance (like countless other times) and he once again done NOTHING.

Absolutely too far. He hasn't been the same player since his injury. He didnt play well but he is a young player and looks completely ****ed with confidence. He shouldn't have been playing, for his own sake. To post something like that is ****ing ridiculous. Happy to see him rot? You're a helmet.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Harris is ***** FACT. He can **** off with the rest. His shot in the semi which btw keeper should have saved he's done **** all. All this young boy ***** doesn't sit with me.

Bye, bye son.

Allant1981
25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
The laddie has caught the same bug that callum booth and David Wotherspoon got.

Aye the just not good enough bug

Stan the Man
25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Harris pre and post injury are light years apart. Should have got nowhere near starting eleven.

The substitution proved this.

I hope there is a chance after a pre season he can get back to those original standards, but on current form waste of a jersey.

Cod Boy
25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Butcher has ruined him

Hibby K
25-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Has been living on one good game against Falkirk last season for far too long!
Certainly has barely kicked a ball this season.
Cairney was the obvious replacement today, ideally from the start but definitely once Haynes went off.

Onceinawhile
25-05-2014, 05:58 PM
*****bag.

he'll get himself or someone else injured with his half hearted tackles. Coward.

Wee Kev
25-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Our theo walcott my arse
he is soft as S**T

PPZPOL
25-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Heart of a moose.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Butcher has ruined him

This 100% !

Tells him he needs a spell out to get his head straight, plays him near enough immediately he's come out and said it.

Liam Craig - imposter
Scott Robertson - played within himself both games
Heffernan - his mind isn't on Hibs
Nelson - plays football like it's a curse.
McGivern - scoreboard might as well say 'opposition 1 Hibs 0' before kick off with him there.

Next season I truly see a rebirth of a Mowbray style team, loads of energy and youth, sprinkled in with experience, and a couple of older marquee players up for the fight.

Harris will shine under our new manager.

lobster
25-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Feel really sorry for this young lad. He's clearly not the same player since he's come back from injury and needs time to develop away from the limelight. To victimise him in a team of woefully crap football players is abhorrent.

Green Cabbage 7
25-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Harris Pryor to his injury was woeful and since he came back has been even worse

steviehibsleith
25-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I cannot believe he came on for Haynes in 8 minutes ! I am not going with he is crap and needs to leave but every single person must agree that he shouldnt have got on today, or should have been benched a while ago and told not too worry next season you will be back. TB has to take the blame here he must be the only man who didnt see it. Collins has been poor but against a CHampionship side more his level he would have competed 10 times more than HArris.

hibs_123
25-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Confidence is totally gone .. And well looked out his depth today.

Cairney should have been instead of Harris.

sesoim
25-05-2014, 06:34 PM
The minute I saw Harris was coming on I though "oh no". He is clearly completely out of form and confidence. I don't know who was on the bench, but I'd have either put Thomson on and rearranged the midfield, or put Forster on the RW because at least he can get forward and provide an aerial goal threat.

staunchhibby
25-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Well done butcher you impostor.Bring Harris on the subject him.How to destroy somebody's confidence.All the guff you spun previously regarding building up his confidence was total b______t.You have a lot to answer for.

we are hibs
25-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Extremely harsh to blame him. He is clearly lacking confidence and should never have been rushed back as it's Like playing with 10 men. I honestly don't know how we fix this or what's going to happen. Very sad day and I'm close to just packing it all in and lose all interest.

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Characterless, spineless COWARD.

Get him to ****. Like playing with a man down.

25-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Not the player he first appeared to be last season. Age is no excuse, he's the same age as Riordan, Brown, Whittaker etc were at hibs. He never beat a man or passed to a hibs jersey all game. He looks timid and lightweight.

I still think there could be a player in there somewhere, he showed us last season that he can be a decent player. Hopefully the pre-season will benefit him but atm he really shouldn't be in the team.

SeanWilson
25-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Absolutely too far. He hasn't been the same player since his injury. He didnt play well but he is a young player and looks completely ****ed with confidence. He shouldn't have been playing, for his own sake. To post something like that is ****ing ridiculous. Happy to see him rot? You're a helmet.

Not for me. Harris is absolutely f'n mince.

skipster7
25-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Some shocking crap being spouted about one of our young players who was rushed back and has lost all confidence. This is the same laddie who was head and shoulders above all the jambos youngsters when we beat them at tincastle and had a very good end to the season. Butcher knows he needed longer out the team bur went back on his plan to rest him.
Hope a good pre season with a new manager sees a return to pre injury form.

Postman
25-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Characterless, spineless COWARD.

Get him to ****. Like playing with a man down.

Totally agree with this! Absolutely terrible player and its not down to confidence, should be released. Never beats his man, never supplies anything to the strikers, pulls out of tackles every time and has the heart of a mouse!

Unbelievable that Butcher chose him to replace Haynes after the way he played on Wednesday, should not have even made the bench today.

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Some shocking crap being spouted about one of our young players who was rushed back and has lost all confidence. This is the same laddie who was head and shoulders above all the jambos youngsters when we beat them at tincastle and had a very good end to the season. Butcher knows he needed longer out the team bur went back on his plan to rest him.
Hope a good pre season with a new manager sees a return to pre injury form.

Completely agree the kid has been hung out to dry by the management. He will show how good he is when we have a manager that has a clue what he is doing.

stirling_hibee
25-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Well 'fellow' Hibees, this thread just proves it for me. Welts, almost to a man, our support! A young boy less than a year ago whom we were saying was amazing, is now an imposter never fit for the jersey? So it's you, the 'fans' , that are the reason I'm out, not the players.

ballengeich
25-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Aye the just not good enough bug

That's two guys with trophy winners' medals this season. All three are good enough given proper management.

Postman
25-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Well 'fellow' Hibees, this thread just proves it for me. Welts, almost to a man, our support! A young boy less than a year ago whom we were saying was amazing, is now an imposter never fit for the jersey? So it's you, the 'fans' , that are the reason I'm out, not the players.

Of course, we should just keep backing these shocking players week in week out and not say a bad word about them! He's been shocking this year and I for one would not be sorry if he was emptied. I expect more from a winger than he is able to give

Hiber-nation
25-05-2014, 08:05 PM
After Wednesday, to bring on Harris today was as bad a substitution as I've ever seen by a Hibs manager. Cairney can go in the summer as far as I'm concerned but he was the only choice as Harris's confidence is absolutely shot. What Butcher was thinking of I have no idea. Sums up the man as far as I'm concerned - clueless and will leave as our worst manager ever.

ballengeich
25-05-2014, 08:05 PM

I've some sympathy for your decision. The inability of some posters to distinguish between loss of form and lack of ability annoys me too.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Funny how the young boys are having a go at our young boys - funny old game innit Saint? ;)

TornadoHibby
25-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Harris is ***** FACT. He can **** off with the rest. His shot in the semi which btw keeper should have saved he's done **** all. All this young boy ***** doesn't sit with me.

Bye, bye son.

Hey F!

What about that today then? :rolleyes:

Harris is scared of the physical side of the game and I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with the injury he had that kept him out for so long! :dunno:

What I do know is that unless and until he is prepared to go toe to toe and fight with opposition players for the ball when necessary, making solid and important challenges even when there is a risk that he may get hurt himself, he will never have the confidence as a player to achieve and fulfill his potential which we saw and enjoyed in the Scottish Cup Semi Final v Falkirk last season! :hmmm:

That's what was evident today and tbh, I felt sorry for the lad as he should never have even been on the bench for such a physical game as today's never mind getting onto the pitch ESPECIALLY ahead of Kevin Thomson who should have started today's game IMO! :agree:

Gonna take a couple of days to decide if I will renew my ST or simply attend the games I feel might be entertaining (that's what its all about after all IMO :agree:) on a PATG basis! :agree:

Not like its going to be difficult to get a seat! :rolleyes:

A big factor for me though as you know is whether TB and MM are still in post or not! :agree:

If they are then I won't be renewing! It's an easy decision to make for me as they have shown absolutely no ability to change a team when the game circumstances require it or to even pick the right team to win games they should be winning easily, today's being a prime example of that! :agree:

Why was Kevin Thomson left to rot on the bench for so long when it was clear that he could have given us composure, creativity and experience from the very start at a time when our youngsters would have been very nervous and needing an "old hand" like him for support, encouragement and re-assurance!

By the time he got onto the pitch it was far too late for him to have a material effect IMO as our team confidence was shot, we were defending so deep that I could have done a job against us with all that space to play football in and we were continulally firing our ONLY "outball" high in the air to our two very small stature wise strikers and to a couple of giant Hamilton defenders who won every ball!! :rolleyes:

macd123
25-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Utter nonsense, we all have seen what he can do with our own eyes. Not his fault he keeps getting picked. There is a way to manage young players which decent clubs do. Our way is to just chuck them in and if they can't handle the abuse tough luck.

Pinkie
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
This is a young guy who only broke into the first team last season, who then had a serious injury and hasn't found form since. He shouldn't be expected to carry the hopes of a team as poor as hibs. If we had a decent team, he wouldn't be in the side- he would be in the U20s learning.

Forza Fred
25-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Harris aside, we make the mistake of lauding ALL our youngsters after only one or two promising displays - probably out of desperation.

Stanton is the only prospect of note I suggest.

The others are nothing more special than what is in any other team's ranks

HibbyAndy
25-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Like playing with a man down today...Sorry but true.

Contributed ****all

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Stanton is special and we'll need him badly next year.

Was the only one with pass marks today, he was immense but sadly was surrounded by guys in fancy dress masquerading as footballers.

"That was classic intercourse!"

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Has been awful for weeks but some of the comments in this thread are pretty disgusting. Mismanaged horrendously by Butcher, like many of the others - his comments that he wouldn't play again this season, followed by him then being one of the few guaranteed starters every week, were ridiculous.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:12 PM
This is a young guy who only broke into the first team last season, who then had a serious injury and hasn't found form since. He shouldn't be expected to carry the hopes of a team as poor as hibs. If we had a decent team, he wouldn't be in the side- he would be in the U20s learning.

You quite often need a few players in the squad, playing in roughly the same area of the pitch, to take Alex under their wing - someone like a McFadden, someone who has been there through good and bad. Who have Hibs got in the top end area ?

Heffernan - looks disinterested and rarely smiles let alone looks passionate. Collins ? That boy isn't nor ever has been a good footballer in my eyes. Cairney - he struggles with weight let alone football (albeit a nice lad).

Hibs as a team and squad lack leaders - take a look at last night and the CL game. A completely higher level of skill admittedly but principles of football remain the same. Real were 1-0 down with minutes to spare yet had been knocking and knocking on the door. They had Ramos at the back, rock solid, leading, they had Modric always looking for that ball, leading, and always circulating it quickly to the wide areas, you had Ronaldo, who was playing poorly by his standards, still leading, never ever hiding for the ball, and you had Bale, who had not really kicked a ball in anger........now, I'll wager that a Hibs fan would have been hounding the manager to hook Bale......hounding him. I laughed to myself last night as it's what went through my head when Townsend made a comment about GB not having any luck.

Hibs were 3-0 down to Falkirk last season, whole side having a mare, yet Alex Harris (and Danny) turned the game around, and then Leigh, the talisman, changed the game in our favour.

You stick by your talented footballers, that is what I have learned from watching football - you simply do not cast them aside after a few games. I watched Alex after being tipped off about him in a car park 5 years ago, and I posted it on here (that I'd been tipped off about him and was going to watch him). The boy has special ability but needs us all behind him.

I cannot wait to see him succeed - and he will, I have absolutely no doubt.

The_Exile
25-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Harris, a conundrum wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, he's what, 18? He should be playing without fear or pressure at that age, with a swagger/confidence of youth, instead he's playing like he started playing football a fortnight ago, cannae work this yin oot.

snooky
25-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Harris Pryor to his injury was woeful and since he came back has been even worse
This.

I feel sorry for the laddie but he's like a deer in headlights and a feartie to boot.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Looked a much better player in a better team with a better manager last season. Not ready to write him off yet.

Pat 0-7
25-05-2014, 09:14 PM
After Wednesday, to bring on Harris today was as bad a substitution as I've ever seen by a Hibs manager. Cairney can go in the summer as far as I'm concerned but he was the only choice as Harris's confidence is absolutely shot. What Butcher was thinking of I have no idea. Sums up the man as far as I'm concerned - clueless and will leave as our worst manager ever.

This. No doubt about it, the reason we are in this mess is due to Butchers shocking decision making since he took over- line-ups, tactics, man-management, signings, the lot.

Number69
25-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I think some folk need to calm the beans with the Harris bashing. Ffs lads like him are our future and the very same who will pull us out of this mess.

We have some good youth players they just need to be managed correctly and nurtured.

Is Butcher the man to do it? I don't think so.

Postman
25-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Hibs as a team and squad lack leaders - take a look at last night and the CL game. A completely higher level of skill admittedly but principles of football remain the same. Real were 1-0 down with minutes to spare yet had been knocking and knocking on the door. They had Ramos at the back, rock solid, leading, they had Modric always looking for that ball, leading, and always circulating it quickly to the wide areas, you had Ronaldo, who was playing poorly by his standards, still leading, never ever hiding for the ball, and you had Bale, who had not really kicked a ball in anger........now, I'll wager that a Hibs fan would have been hounding the manager to hook Bale......hounding him. I laughed to myself last night as it's what went through my head when Townsend made a comment about GB not having any luck.

He'll still be rotten with a pea heart even if Butcher does manage to convince Ramos, Modric, Bale and Ronaldo to sign in the summer

Billychaotic182
25-05-2014, 09:23 PM
He's no been good but Christ some of this pish on here is waaaaaaay out of order. Wishing a young lawdy rots in the reserves what's wrong with you

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Still not writing him off but he really needs to grow a pair.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:25 PM
This. No doubt about it, the reason we are in this mess is due to Butchers shocking decision making since he took over- line-ups, tactics, man-management, signings, the lot.

Haynes did well eh ? Boeteng.......who ? Watmore......folk questioning Harris's heart and that lad was injured for 4 of the last 5 months.

We are relegated because of one man, one man only - Rod Petrie.

The time for questioning who is responsible is long long gone - the answer has been clear for the last 5 years.

Honestly, some fans support counting green dots more than our youth :rolleyes:

Scottie
25-05-2014, 09:25 PM
He's no been good but Christ some of this pish on here is waaaaaaay out of order. Wishing a young lawdy rots in the reserves what's wrong with you
:aok: The lads no fit or strong enough at the mo.
He needs a summer of rest and conditioning to build himself up

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Still not writing him off but he really needs to grow a pair.

Pair of what ? McFadden is a brave laddie eh ? Jamie Walker at Hearts fairly puts a meaty challenge in eh ? That McGinn is a big hearted lion of a winger ?

How about Liam Craig growing a pair and James McPake growing an even bigger pair and being leaders and captains - how about Butcher growing a humungous pair and playing young players like Andy Black and Ryan Baptie when our full backs have been utter ***** ?

Lewis Stevenson, Sam Stanton and Jason Cummings - they have a pair after those two games. For a variety of reasons. And strangely enough, Alex wasn't the worst on the pitch.

Cue the media frenzy this week and thereafter when players are released and realise clubs will not come calling for them despite frantic agent activity......'My Hibs Hell' etc........like I said in my first post today after the game, this is a huge positive watershed moment which means folk like me will be happier knowing really good exciting young players will play or be signed to play. That for me is 'the Hibs way' and always has been - not watching utter dross like Nelson, Tudur Jones, Craig and Collins.

whiskas
25-05-2014, 09:41 PM
:aok: The lads no fit or strong enough at the mo.
He needs a summer of rest and conditioning to build himself up

At last a sensible post.

Even though he was having a mare Id have kept him on and hooked Craig instead. He would have been a handful against a tiring Hamilton defence and subbing him after bringing him on as a sub is terrrible man-management in my book.

Him and Danny Handling need to be spending their summer getting themselves acquainted with the weights room in East Mains though. Both talented young players being held back by their lack of upper body strength IMO

Hannah_hfc
25-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I think a loan spell in one of the lower divisions would do him the world of good. I know folk are hurting after today and it's easy to brandish him as s**t and not good enough. Confidence is not an easy thing to pick up, particularly when you are not playing in a good team. Find a league one club for a 6 month loan and I'm fairly sure we would see a different player.

ferry hibby
25-05-2014, 10:07 PM
I started this thread not with the intention off slagging off Harris but to show what a poor decision it was by Butcher to being him on.

bookert
25-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Confidence is absolutely shot. Looks fearful.of getting another injury. But the comments on here and.the stick he got at the game are unlikely to help.

tamig
25-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I've kept away from here most of the night as I sensed a pish fest. This thread is up there with the best. Outrageous stuff being spouted.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Confidence is absolutely shot. Looks fearful.of getting another injury. But the comments on here and.the stick he got at the game are unlikely to help.

Really ?? I mean really ?? :faf::faf::faf:

Did you ever see Liam Miller putting a tackle in ? Or Derek ?

This my friend is social media fans forum myth !!!

hibIBZ
25-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I won't write the boy off yet, but unless he grows a pair he is never going to realise the potential we saw at the end of last season. He looks completely devoid of confidence, yet due to our completely unbalanced squad butcher kept selecting him. If he can not get to grips with the physical aspect of the game then I'm very sorry to say that he will never fulfil his obvious potential

dp00
25-05-2014, 10:48 PM
He is just to scared to tackle or get tackled , said weeks ago butcher should have been speaking to one of the senior guys to go thro him , firm but fair to get out his head that he will get injured if he gets tackled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS44
25-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Haynes did well eh ? Boeteng.......who ? Watmore......folk questioning Harris's heart and that lad was injured for 4 of the last 5 months.

We are relegated because of one man, one man only - Rod Petrie.

The time for questioning who is responsible is long long gone - the answer has been clear for the last 5 years.

Honestly, some fans support counting green dots more than our youth :rolleyes:

Rubbish. The manager got us relegated this season not Petrified.

BS44
25-05-2014, 10:57 PM

Petrie 8)

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 11:00 PM

Short sighted - Petrie got our club relegated and to be frank, it could have happened any of the last 3 seasons. Fenlon had to go down to the wire v Dunfermline, Calderwood relied on a run of 5 wins when it really mattered.

Butcher has a share of blame, he picks the side - truth is, the players in the whole squad, are all terrible.

Deservedly down - but thanks for your post Rod :aok::na na:

hibeerealist
25-05-2014, 11:09 PM
At last a sensible post.

Even though he was having a mare Id have kept him on and hooked Craig instead. He would have been a handful against a tiring Hamilton defence and subbing him after bringing him on as a sub is terrrible man-management in my book.

Him and Danny Handling need to be spending their summer getting themselves acquainted with the weights room in East Mains though. Both talented young players being held back by their lack of upper body strength IMO

Agree 100% Whiskas, this "debate" is taking place because a complete numskull put the laddie in this position, he can hardly say NO I DONT WANT TO PLAY, a so called manager dropped him in it and here we are!!! IF ONLY THE GUY WHO PICKED THE TEAM KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOIN, EH!!!

neil7908
25-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Been poor this season, no doubt about it but waaaaaay down the list of those culpable for our current predicament.

Looks genuinely lost out there and no idea why Butcher has kept throwing him in game after game.

leithsansiro
25-05-2014, 11:26 PM
This thread is completely ridiculous.

We were all very happy to praise him to the hilt last year after his game against Falkirk (and in a few others too), and there was much talk of how he was going to destroy defences this season. The lad got a serious (and I mean, SERIOUS) injury, and his long layoff happened to coincide with a bad run of form for the team. Naturally, all the fans clamour for his return and, being desperate to appease those in the stands, he got chucked back in before he was ready to play. A few weeks in the U20s would have worked wonders, but we couldn't afford to do it back then. From all observations, he relies on confidence, and the more pressure he was put under, the worse he's going to perform.

Get a grip, give him time to relax and work on his game. He's a decent player. Not perhaps the messiah folk thought he was after Falkirk, but not deserving of this "he's p**h" lark.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Going to cut it out guys.

Really don't want to spend all night deleting posts or handing out warnings.

Agree to disagree or settle the argument by PM or something please.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Going to cut it out guys.

Really don't want to spend all night deleting posts or handing out warnings.

Agree to disagree or settle the argument by PM or something please.

I'm responding to a ridiculous comment. For the record 2005 I've had two ACL's and was told at 17 I cant play again. Happy aye?

I know exactly what it's like to be out for a long time having had my fourth op last Tuesday to shave more bone.

His injury for me is an excuse he's very poor simple as that.

Pete
25-05-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't think he's been good enough since he's returned. Absolutely woeful today as was Kevin Thomson.

That doesn't really matter though. No matter how bad they play, they will never be as bad as Liam Craig or Michael Nelson even if Liam or Michael have good games.

Punch bags. Every team needs them.

Makaveli
25-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Butcher masterclass in how to destroy a player.

Pete
25-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Butcher masterclass in how to destroy a player.

His arrested development is nothing to do with Butcher.

He has to want it and right now he doesn't have it in him. It all has to start from within.

BS44
26-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Short sighted - Petrie got our club relegated and to be frank, it could have happened any of the last 3 seasons. Fenlon had to go down to the wire v Dunfermline, Calderwood relied on a run of 5 wins when it really mattered.

Butcher has a share of blame, he picks the side - truth is, the players in the whole squad, are all terrible.

Deservedly down - but thanks for your post Rod :aok::na na:

We need to take a look at ourselves as a support. Us (the majority) wanted rid of Mixu, Calderwood, Hughes, and then Fenlon. The board acted on what the fans wanted. And, the majority of us were happy with the replacement each time.

Butcher was brought in to improve what Fenlon had left (what was the point otherwise) he hasn't, he made that team worse. He and the players got us relegated.

How the hell did you know my name is Rod?

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:02 AM
His arrested development is nothing to do with Butcher.

He has to want it and right now he doesn't have it in him. It all has to start from within.

Yep, the lad needs to find his own confidence if he's going to progress. There is only so much people can do before you have to take a look at yourself to see it's you that's the problem. Mentally he's a coward on the park just now. Hides and loses the ball every time.

Maybe if he gets past that he'll come good!

Hibby 2005
26-05-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm responding to a ridiculous comment. For the record 2005 I've had two ACL's and was told at 17 I cant play again. Happy aye?

I know exactly what it's like to be out for a long time having had my fourth op last Tuesday to shave more bone.

His injury for me is an excuse he's very poor simple as that.

I responded to your ridiculous comment so I guess we're even.

I would have thought, with your history, you'd have been a little more sympathetic with Harris, especially given his age, and his undoubted potential.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Yep, the lad needs to find his own confidence if he's going to progress. There is only so much people can do before you have to take a look at yourself to see it's you that's the problem. Mentally he's a coward on the park just now. Hides and loses the ball every time.

Maybe if he gets past that he'll come good!
He can only go on the park if the manager tells him too. What do you want him to do. Harris should not be near the first team. Butcher knows that, he put that boy in a position he should never have been in. Butcher should be ashamed of how e has managed this boy

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:08 AM
He can only go on the park if the manager tells him too. What do you want him to do. Harris should not be near the first team. Butcher knows that, he put that boy in a position he should never have been in. Butcher should be ashamed of how e has managed this boy

I agree by the way, he shouldn't have been near the squad today and Butcher bringing him on was just plain ridiculous.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:11 AM
We need to take a look at ourselves as a support. Us (the majority) wanted rid of Mixu, Calderwood, Hughes, and then Fenlon. The board acted on what the fans wanted. And, the majority of us were happy with the replacement each time.

Butcher was brought in to improve what Fenlon had left (what was the point otherwise) he hasn't, he made that team worse. He and the players got us relegated.

I would have thought they acted on results

Billychaotic182
26-05-2014, 12:12 AM
I agree by the way, he shouldn't have been near the squad today and Butcher bringing him on was just plain ridiculous.

What's worse is he brought him on then took him off again. His confidence is the issue with Harris not his ability

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:12 AM
I responded to your ridiculous comment so I guess we're even.

I would have thought, with your history, you'd have been a little more sympathetic with Harris, especially given his age, and his undoubted potential.

I never wished the lad an injury though. I just vented anger at how bad he has been playing and he can leave for all I care.

He's had a very poor season and he must try and get stuck in. TB hasnt helped him but come on, was there any need at all to wish me a career threatening injury?

Like I say I've had one I've never played properly since I was 17 because of someone snapping my knee. Not only that I'm just out hospital this week because of this same injury many years later.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:14 AM
What's worse is he brought him on then took him off again. His confidence is the issue with Harris not his ability

I think he had to take him off mate he was terrible. It won't do him any good but he couldn't stay on. Thommo should have came on instead.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 12:14 AM

I (personally) never wanted rid of Mixu - he had good plans for the club and was 100% passionate, as he is now.

I wanted rid of Calderwood after the 'Notts Forest' rubbish. I wanted rid of Hughes 'cos I cannot stomach the man - he's a coward and stuck in the dark ages of football.

Ian Murray, minus Rod Petrie (completely), would unite the club - I'm 100% sure of it. Jack Ross is a right cool hard bar steward too - which is in keeping with the Turnbull way :aok:

Baader
26-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Shocking decision to bring him on when he clearly hasn't been benefiting from playing this season

Cameron Wilson
26-05-2014, 12:20 AM
I (personally) never wanted rid of Mixu - he had good plans for the club and was 100% passionate, as he is now.

I wanted rid of Calderwood after the 'Notts Forest' rubbish. I wanted rid of Hughes 'cos I cannot stomach the man - he's a coward and stuck in the dark ages of football.

Ian Murray, minus Rod Petrie (completely), would unite the club - I'm 100% sure of it. Jack Ross is a right cool hard bar steward too - which is in keeping with the Turnbull way :aok:

Totally agree, Mixu had a passion. The club is collapsing before our eyes..:fuming:

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Totally agree, Mixu had a passion. The club is collapsing before our eyes..:fuming:

Mixu and Hibs weren't right at that time. He took a break and went and watched many teams train and took on board all different styles of training. He's a better manager for it IMO.

I'd have him back now in a heart beat.

BS44
26-05-2014, 12:23 AM
I would have thought they acted on results

We don't agree then that Mixu was let go not based on results but the poor uptake of season tickets for the following season.

Need to edit that slightly. We let him go after giving him one full season.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:23 AM
It was ludicrous.
i have been in people management for most of my professional career and I can confidently predict that Alex Harris will NEVER realise the potential, that most thought he had, whilst Butcher is his manager

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:25 AM
It was ludicrous.
i have been in people management for most of my professional career and I can confidently predict that Alex Harris will NEVER realise the potential, that most thought he had, whilst Butcher is his manager

Again can't argue with any of this. Harris though does need to get it into his head he's not a bad player. But he won't go far with TB in charge.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:26 AM
We don't agree then that Mixu was let go not based on results but the poor uptake of season tickets for the following season.
I would take Mixu back now as I think he has learned from the mistakes he made. He wasn't ready then, I have a feeling he is now. That's only my opinion though.

majorhibs
26-05-2014, 12:26 AM

Stop it ffs. Petrie made the bad calls. Repeatedly. Butcher came in & got us relegated. From as near to safe as you could get. Untenable. Both of them. Shocking performances in their positions. They SHOULD resign. If not sacked. Hibernian F.C. are far to good & far too much for either of them.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Again can't argue with any of this. Harris though does need to get it into his head he's not a bad player. But he won't go far with TB in charge.
He can't do that. He needs someone to tell him. How many different messages do you think are going through that boy's head tonight? All because of this idiot that has so much experience managing his country in world cups etc etc.
Sorry didn't mean managing meant captaining.

Billychaotic182
26-05-2014, 12:29 AM
I think he had to take him off mate he was terrible. It won't do him any good but he couldn't stay on. Thommo should have came on instead.

We shouldn't have put him on for Haynes. Paul Cairney would have been a better option at that point

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 12:30 AM
It was ludicrous.

I'll confidently predict that AH will be a success regardless of who manages Hibs :agree: Boy has talent, big time. Confidence I'll grant you - but he WILL come good I 100% guarantee it !!!

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:31 AM
He can't do that. He needs someone to tell him. How many different messages do you think are going through that boy's head tonight? All because of this idiot that has so much experience managing his country in world cups etc etc.

I know what your saying, like i say I do agree! But he's getting support from the players and also friends no doubt. He must at least try because it will finish him at Hibs and he may even end up like Jamie McCluskey.

Either way TB is utter clueless when it comes to man management!

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:32 AM
I'll confidently predict that AH will be a success regardless of who manages Hibs :agree: Boy has talent, big time. Confidence I'll grant you - but he WILL come good I 100% guarantee it !!!

Not with TB I don't think.

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 12:33 AM
We shouldn't have put him on for Haynes. Paul Cairney would have been a better option at that point

'Cos PC did ever so well when he came on for 5/10 mins on Wednesday.....gave away three free kicks by my count. And didnt keep the ball.

BS44
26-05-2014, 12:38 AM

Sorry didn't mean managing meant captaining.

:agree:

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I know what your saying, like i say I do agree! But he's getting support from the players and also friends no doubt. He must at least try because it will finish him at Hibs and he may even end up like Jamie McCluskey.

Either way TB is utter clueless when it comes to man management!
How many of those players do you think can help Alex Harris?
I would suggest none.
i do not see any one of them who are playing with any degree of confidence.
Friends opinions will not cut ant ice with him, Butcher has destroyed what little confidence he had.
The only thing that will help Harris is a new manager who can come in an tell him that he believes in him and is willing to give him time, as well as talking to him and giving him the support he needs, whether that be putting him out on loan or specialist coaching.

Hibby 2005
26-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I never wished the lad an injury though. I just vented anger at how bad he has been playing and he can leave for all I care.

He's had a very poor season and he must try and get stuck in. TB hasnt helped him but come on, was there any need at all to wish me a career threatening injury?

Like I say I've had one I've never played properly since I was 17 because of someone snapping my knee. Not only that I'm just out hospital this week because of this same injury many years later.

You didn't wish him an injury but having had a similar one yourself you still felt the need to tell a young lad to "man up" and grow a pair?

I suspect that Harris has a little more in his locker than you ever did.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:48 AM
You didn't wish him an injury but having had a similar one yourself you still felt the need to tell a young lad to "man up" and grow a pair?

Haha, your unreal!

Convo over!!!!

Pete
26-05-2014, 12:53 AM
Not with TB I don't think.

I'm not convinced it's all down to TB.

I remember him bursting into the scene and being really hopeful and optimistic. Then the season ended and all the talk leading up to the new season was about Harris, how good he was going to be etc..

My heart sank when I saw the poster boy for our new away kit on the shop. "Aw no, is this our new great white hope?" I wanted the limelight to be firmly off Harris to basically let him develop.

How much of this is all down to the weight of expectation? It's worth remembering that there is a fine line when dealing with such talented protégés. Do you rush them back, give them games to build them up? Or do you leave him out and run the risk of rustiness and a loss of confidence that way?

I think butcher was left with an enigma....but one that he sees talent in and one that fits into his style of play that he was trying so hard to implement with limited resources. Difficult one.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:55 AM
How many of those players do you think can help Alex Harris?
I would suggest none.
i do not see any one of them who are playing with any degree of confidence.
Friends opinions will not cut ant ice with him, Butcher has destroyed what little confidence he had.
The only thing that will help Harris is a new manager who can come in an tell him that he believes in him and is willing to give him time, as well as talking to him and giving him the support he needs, whether that be putting him out on loan or specialist coaching.

You do I'm agreeing with you right? :D

It may not happen often but I do with this. Everyone has different mind sets. Some folk bounce back and take confidence from what friends and family say others can't lift themselves at all no matter what.

TB hasn't helped Alex at all, what I was saying I think although the players as a team have no real confidence individual ones will try there best to life him. It's clearly not worked though and he's just been really poor and needs away from the first team.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 12:56 AM

Some of his comments on Harris are totally uncalled for any lack any understanding about what bad management can do to a player.

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 12:58 AM

I remember him bursting into the scene and being really hopeful and optimistic. Then the season ended and all the talk leading up to the new season was about Harris, how good he was going to be etc..

My heart sank when I saw the poster boy for our new away kit on the shop. "Aw no, is this our new great white hope?" I wanted the limelight to be firmly off Harris to basically let him develop.

How much of this is all down to the weight of expectation? It's worth remembering that there is a fine line when dealing with such talented protégés. Do you rush them back, give them games to build them up? Or do you leave him out and run the risk of rustiness and a loss of confidence that way?

I think butcher was left with an enigma....but one that he sees talent in and one that fits into his style of play that he was trying so hard to implement with limited resources. Difficult one.

Few good points in that. Like you say at the end it is a difficult one! No idea myself how he'll turn out but maybe hibs shouldn't have lumped that extra pressure on him.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 01:05 AM
You do I'm agreeing with you right? :D

It may not happen often but I do with this. Everyone has different mind sets. Some folk bounce back and take confidence from what friends and family say others can't lift themselves at all no matter what.

TB hasn't helped Alex at all, what I was saying I think although the players as a team have no real confidence individual ones will try there best to life him. It's clearly not worked though and he's just been really poor and needs away from the first team.
Did you see one player out here today putting an arm round him and giving him any encouragemen?

Thecat23
26-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Did you see one player out here today putting an arm round him and giving him any encouragemen?

Not durning a game no. I'm talking about training etc.. Are you just trying to argue here? I'm agreeing with you yet you seem to be picking at some silly things.

All I'm saying the lads will be trying to help Alex that's all.

Pete
26-05-2014, 01:16 AM

McPake was always one for putting an arm round a player and offering a word of encouragement.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 01:20 AM

Totally agree with most of this. The amount of posters on here that seen Harris as the man who would be dragging us forward by the balls into the new frontier was ridiculous. We were talking about a boy who had played a and full of games for us and had done ok. Yes he had given us something different but to think that ha was the missing link was unfair on him. I don't know how much of that he took on his shoulders but I think that it really hind tell him.
as far as Butcher is concerned he left him out tonight because of his inept performance on Wednesday. We all seen how low in confidence he was, we all knew that he needed to be taken out of this situation. It was good to see today that Butcher had recognised that too. Or did he? I fear that Butcher has caused this promising young talent some long lasting harm. I don't see it as difficult, I see it as horrendous man management

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:20 AM
McPake was always one for putting an arm round a player and offering a word of encouragement.

He is one of the first I'd have paid off - a player many have known has been unfit and will never be fit. He, like his wee clique, have annoyed me no end this year.

Jokers - many of whom better placed as fans at Parkhead :cb

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 01:25 AM
It is always better to come from someone you would find it easy to respect and from someone who wouldn't need to concentrate on their own game as much

Pete
26-05-2014, 01:29 AM
He is one of the first I'd have paid off - a player many have known has been unfit and will never be fit. He, like his wee clique, have annoyed me no end this year.

Jokers - many of whom better placed as fans at Parkhead :cb

I was just having a wee friendly dig at RIP bestie who has a strong opinion on mr McPake. A small shaft of light in a sea of shade.:greengrin

To be honest, I think Terry must hold similar opinions to you guys as he hasn't been near the team. I don't think he'll feature again.

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 01:31 AM
I was just having a wee friendly dig at RIP bestie who has a strong opinion on mr McPake. A small shaft of light in a sea of shade.:greengrin

To be honest, I think Terry must hold similar opinions to you guys as he hasn't been near the team. I don't think he'll feature again.
I got that PD and it brought a wee smile to my face

RIP Bestie
26-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Not durning a game no. I'm talking about training etc.. Are you just trying to argue here? I'm agreeing with you yet you seem to be picking at some silly things.

All I'm saying the lads will be trying to help Alex that's all.
No I'm not trying to argue but for someone who is trying to agree with me you keep looking for ways not to

sleeping giant
26-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Pair of what ? McFadden is a brave laddie eh ? Jamie Walker at Hearts fairly puts a meaty challenge in eh ? That McGinn is a big hearted lion of a winger ?

How about Liam Craig growing a pair and James McPake growing an even bigger pair and being leaders and captains - how about Butcher growing a humungous pair and playing young players like Andy Black and Ryan Baptie when our full backs have been utter ***** ?

Lewis Stevenson, Sam Stanton and Jason Cummings - they have a pair after those two games. For a variety of reasons. And strangely enough, Alex wasn't the worst on the pitch.

Cue the media frenzy this week and thereafter when players are released and realise clubs will not come calling for them despite frantic agent activity......'My Hibs Hell' etc........like I said in my first post today after the game, this is a huge positive watershed moment which means folk like me will be happier knowing really good exciting young players will play or be signed to play. That for me is 'the Hibs way' and always has been - not watching utter dross like Nelson, Tudur Jones, Craig and Collins.

I didn't word that correctly . I meant he needs to grow a pair and get over his confidence issues and start taking players on.
I know he is not a tough tackling player.

judas
26-05-2014, 12:17 PM

this is a brutal assessment, but it is the right one. The guy is not good enough. Its not rocket science.

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2014, 12:34 PM
this is a brutal assessment, but it is the right one. The guy is not good enough. Its not rocket science.

He's hurting today just like the rest of us, and can't quite believe what has happened.

We have never been a support to write off youngsters, let's not start now.

judas
26-05-2014, 12:45 PM
He's hurting today just like the rest of us, and can't quite believe what has happened.

We have never been a support to write off youngsters, let's not start now.

I suspect you know the guy. I bet he is a good lad, and a genuine hibby who is hurting.

But that lad is not good enough and he doesn't have the bottle to achieve what we need next season. This is an absolute league of death we see heading into.

I want him out on loan.

Hibs have to adopt the footballing version of real politik now. Not good enough, don't try hard enough etc. Then font stay.

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I suspect you know the guy. I bet he is a good lad, and a genuine hibby who is hurting.

But that lad is not good enough and he doesn't have the bottle to achieve what we need next season. This is an absolute league of death we see heading into.

I want him out on loan.

Hibs have to adopt the footballing version of real politik now. Not good enough, don't try hard enough etc. Then font stay.

Social Darwinism :wink:

emerald green
26-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Whether Alex Harris has got what it takes or not (and I have my doubts) the way Butcher has used / dealt with him has been nothing short of disgraceful. Especially yesterday. What a farce in such an important game for the club. Totally clueless.

Just one more in a long list of reasons why Butcher should have been fired this morning. Man management skills? You're having a laugh. This guy and his sidekick will not get this club back up. I don't see any evidence for that pipedream.

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Whether Alex Harris has got what it takes or not (and I have my doubts) the way Butcher has used / dealt with him has been nothing short of disgraceful. Especially yesterday. What a farce in such an important game for the club. Totally clueless.

Just one more in a long list of reasons why Butcher should have been fired this morning. Man management skills? You're having a laugh. This guy and his sidekick will not get this club back up. I don't see any evidence for that pipedream.

Butcher should have been fired after the Kilmarnock game.

Scotty-1875
26-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure the majority of us were delighted when he signed a new contract and now people are saying he is utter ***** and a waste of a jersey...

He played well before his injury and was then rushed back into play by Butcher because everyone just gave up playing football and we needed someone to help us win something. He shouldn't have played so soon, he needed time to build confidence before being chucked in. I'm not saying he's not been pish for us recently, because he has, but the boy has no confidence at the moment whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
26-05-2014, 01:28 PM

Breaks into side, scores v Falkirk, sets up Griffiths for our second......wins free kick which Leigh scores from at Tynie, has McHattie on toast nearly setting up a second and flashed a shot just wide forst half same game after we went 1-0 down.........scores v Killie in the abandoned game......sets up Ross Caldwell (IIRC) in a 3-3 game v St Mirren, sets up a goal in a 4-2 win against Killie in rearranged game........scores in pre-season against Dumbarton (again IIRC)......gets injured first game of the season, a really horrible one which he never really had time to recover before he was rushed back in to get 'top 6' !

I'd say in a very very short career, Alex has given a glimpse of his talent - just needs it nurtured, coached and brought back to life.

judas
26-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Breaks into side, scores v Falkirk, sets up Griffiths for our second......wins free kick which Leigh scores from at Tynie, has McHattie on toast nearly setting up a second and flashed a shot just wide forst half same game after we went 1-0 down.........scores v Killie in the abandoned game......sets up Ross Caldwell (IIRC) in a 3-3 game v St Mirren, sets up a goal in a 4-2 win against Killie in rearranged game........scores in pre-season against Dumbarton (again IIRC)......gets injured first game of the season, a really horrible one which he never really had time to recover before he was rushed back in to get 'top 6' !

I'd say in a very very short career, Alex has given a glimpse of his talent - just needs it nurtured, coached and brought back to life.

Let me tell you something, though it's no secret.

Glimpses of talent will not help hibs next season. Whatever Harris did in his short 'glimpse' has been utterly demolished by subsequent performances.

Got injured and feeling a bit low and short on confidence? Go and tell your girlfriend.

There are tens of thousands of fans and a footballing institution in dire need of resuscitation and it will not come from players who can't cut it.

hibee19
26-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Totally agree with this! Absolutely terrible player and its not down to confidence, should be released. Never beats his man, never supplies anything to the strikers, pulls out of tackles every time and has the heart of a mouse!

Unbelievable that Butcher chose him to replace Haynes after the way he played on Wednesday, should not have even made the bench today.

Sounds a lot like what people were saying about Wotherspoon a year ago. How's he doing now?

cmcd
26-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Let me tell you something, though it's no secret.

Glimpses of talent will not help hibs next season. Whatever Harris did in his short 'glimpse' has been utterly demolished by subsequent performances.

Got injured and feeling a bit low and short on confidence? Go and tell your girlfriend.

There are tens of thousands of fans and a footballing institution in dire need of resuscitation and it will not come from players who can't cut it.
For Christ sake give the young guy a break I for one was cheesed off with so called supporters giving him a hard time yesterday Perhaps if he was shown a bit of support he could fight his way out of this bad spell

Kaiserclem
26-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Harris I would love to come on and be a great player for us but we have to be honest. 1 year on and yes he was injured for a spell but he is too light and it is shocking how easy he is shoved off the ball. Yesterday, or the last two months, has not been a time to 'bring youngsters on to develop' it has been a time to get the job done and battle. Why was he brought in yesterday? He'll knows. He simply is not good enough, passing is horrendous and he can't cross a ball. Scared to beat a player and doesn't put a foot in. Wish him all the best aswell but he will drown even more in the championship. Let him go Terry.

IberianHibernian
26-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Harris I would love to come on and be a great player for us but we have to be honest. 1 year on and yes he was injured for a spell but he is too light and it is shocking how easy he is shoved off the ball. Yesterday, or the last two months, has not been a time to 'bring youngsters on to develop' it has been a time to get the job done and battle. Why was he brought in yesterday? He'll knows. He simply is not good enough, passing is horrendous and he can't cross a ball. Scared to beat a player and doesn't put a foot in. Wish him all the best aswell but he will drown even more in the championship. Let him go Terry.If one of Butcher or Harris is leaving it`s an easy decisión . Practically the only player in the squad who can entertain ( played badly in playoff matches but in other recent matches you could see he thinks a bit before passing and has great potential ) or a manager who has dragged us down playing hoofball ? On other hand if I was Harris and Butcher is not being sacked , I might be looking to change club .