PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation's Hamilton

Scottie
25-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Right from the start they outfought us

Simply got what their hard work deserved. They came knowing what they had to do and done it.

ionahibby
25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Give them credit where it's due they play football unlike us!

hihohibby
25-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I agree. Well done, Hamilton! You deserved it and wanted it more than us.

HibeeSince82
25-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Miles better than us.

erskine-hibby
25-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Cannot argue that they deserved it.

Speedway
25-05-2014, 05:48 PM
The right team are in the SPFL.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
They looked like the premier league team today.

PPZPOL
Spot on, one team got the ball moving at every opportunity, showed composure on ball, made tackles, harried and ran their legs into the ground due to what was at stake.......the other team treated it like a pre-season friendly.

Deserved what we got, if you were allowed to make 10 subs in a match Butcher would have finished the game with 10 sitting midfielders on the park marking grass. The inability to see them playing out from the back was staggering, why not just press 2 wide midfielders up on them, quite frightening for someone who is a professional football manager not to be able to see these patterns in games. Instead we play 1 up top, brilliant.

merritthibees
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Agreed, our played by players that deserved the win! Congrats

andy1875
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
They played us off the park for 120 minutes.

Fully deserved to win the day as much as it pains me to say it.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 05:50 PM
On the positive side, those Mexicans were bloody brilliant...

Three cheers for Ramirez!

truehibernian
Great performance, nothing to lose and they played relaxed football - Jason Scotland take a bow. And some didn't think he'd be Hibs class - deary me the boy is true class at Scottish football level.

Holmesdale Hibs
Agree, they completely owned us today. Best team won.

We made it easy for them by playing utter ***** but they still deserved it.

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
**** off Hamilton and **** off Jason Scotland. Fat ****er

Onceinawhile
25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
They were much better than us today and fully deserved it. Good luck to them next year.

Bostonhibby
25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Outplayed us, were fitter and faster, better motivated, obviously had the boxed set of our ER defeats and set about copying the opposition - basically we are slow through the middle, shot shy, ball watchers who whack it up field a lot so if you get it back at us quick on the ground you will at least get a shot on target, and if you are a Championship side or lower at least a couple will go in.

yeezus.
25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
They certainly deserved it, outplayed us from start to finish.

Gerard
25-05-2014, 05:58 PM
They certainly deserved it, outplayed us from start to finish.

Better team over the two games. Hibs did not deserve to remain in the SPL. We had lots of chances to avoid the playoff and to win in the playoff. Next season must see a new Hibs BODs and new investment in the team.:wink:

nribs
25-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Absolutely deserved it and a huge well done. Go on the Accies

scott-s
25-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Have to agree, Hamilton out fought us in every department today deserved there win, kills me to say it but we didn't perform at all today!

NOLA
25-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Hamilton were up for it from the off, they out worked us out fought us and deserve their promotion, good luck to them.

CRAZYHIBBY
**** hamilton....they never beat us we beat ourselves

yeezus.
Better team over the two games. Hibs did not deserve to remain in the SPL. We had lots of chances to avoid the playoff and to win in the playoff. Next season must see a new Hibs BODs and new investment in the team.:wink:

They have certainly improved from the last time I saw them against Stranraer! I hope Dundee get relegated :greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Best team well done. They deserved it

SteveHFC
25-05-2014, 06:46 PM
They deserved it. Good luck next season.

bigwheel
25-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I thought Hamilton were superb today...play football the way it should be played....mind you, it's easier to do that when the opposition gives you 5 yards of space all day...anyway, well deserved winners...

Weststandwanab
25-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Sadly I agree well done Hamilton and their fans.

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Aye well done Hamilton, celebrating in front of the home fans and now talking about stopping off in Gorgie for sandwiches on Twitter.

Fuds, **** the lot of them.

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Aye well done Hamilton, celebrating in front of the home fans and now talking about stopping off in Gorgie for sandwiches on Twitter.

We'd be lapping it up if that was our players

Jim44
25-05-2014, 07:03 PM
**** off Hamilton and **** off Jason Scotland. Fat ****er

**** hamilton....they never beat us we beat ourselves

I take it you two can't read what's happening on a football pitch. We're all as gutted as you but this is simply a thread of congratulations to a team that was light years ahead of us in ability and attitude. If you're angry, away up to George Street and take it out on the losers.

givescotlandfreedom
25-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Agreed.

Golden Bear
25-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Credit where credit is due.

Hamilton were brilliant today and were the only team in the park that tried to play football.

Best of luck next year guys but you won't come up against another squad of weak willed mummies boys that masqueraded as a Hibs football team which we witnessed today.

Enjoy your night.

JimBHibees
25-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Thought they were terrific and were night and day in terms of their style of play.

How well they played emphasised how poor we were.

Thoroughly deserved win. Well done Accies.

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 07:10 PM
We'd be lapping it up if that was our players

I'd be pretty embarrassed if our players ran up to the Hamilton fans tbh

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I take it you two can't read what's happening on a football pitch. We're all as gutted as you but this is simply a thread of congratulations to a team that was light years ahead of us in ability and attitude. If you're angry, away up to George Street and take it out on the losers.

Maybe I'm just pissed off but I don't see the need in the Celtic-esque back patting of a team that's just relegated us.

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2014, 07:13 PM
You are right John, that was not the Hibernian that I have supported all my life. That today was a totaly embarrassing performance by so called experienced professionals and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Of course they will probably be punted off to pastures new while we are left with a mess. Maybe some good will come of this but at the moment I can't see it.

Black Kyle
25-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Hamilton showed passion, tactical awareness, commitment and understanding of each other games today - we were a poor second on all levels and deserve what we got.

My concern is that it may take 2-3 seasons to get out of the league and the impact the loss of revenue will have on the club. Having said that the last time we were down I think average home gates went up as we were challenging for (and won) the league. It will also impact on the quality of player we can attract and afford, indeed some of todays losers may want to leave as they believe they are better than the Championship.

This has been coming since Tony M left, we have been warned. The club now need to decide if TB is the right man to get us back up - if he isn't they need to act now instead of changing managers mid season who can build their own team until the following year.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 07:16 PM
10 men could nae carry..... could nae ca... BOOM 1-0

Only Hibs fans :D

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 07:18 PM
On a purely football basis they'll offer way more to the SPFL than us. Today was the worst Hibs performance I have ever seen, but Hamilton were excellent and thoroughly deserved their win.

trev the hat
25-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Respect to Accies, there on merit . No questions here.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 07:28 PM
They were the better team and deserved to win . Well - organised , players playing for their manager and well - prepared ( looked like they`d practised penalties more than us ) but no worldbeaters and will surely be favourites for relegation next year .

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Hamilton simply played football the way that every team should play football.

They were nothing spectacular, we just made them look that way as we would have with any side today.

An old man ran circles around our defence today for 120 minutes. Yes, he's a good player, but it says more about us than it does about them.

eezyrider
25-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Just back from the game and still hurting but Hamilton were by far the better team. Passing the ball effortlessly to each others feet - Hibs take note.

Contrast that with our tactics which seemed to be if you get the ball and there's a player available to receive it then hoof the ball aimlessly up the park, if there's no players available hoof the ball aimlessly up the park.

EZ

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Better team won thats for sure...some really good youngsters and ginger RB Gordon will go far.. (21 I think)

PapillonVert
25-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Right from the start they outfought us

Simply got what their hard work deserved. They came knowing what they had to do and done it.

Yup, they deserved what they got. They were up against the poorest Hibs team for many a year.

They took their chance and so well done to them and good luck for next season.

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Hamilton wanted it more than us but we really handed it to them on a plate. We've made average teams look like Barcelona and they have loved playing us particularly at Easter Road. Next season I would give them the home changing room as we look like the away team.

Credit to Hamilton and I think most Hibs fans could tell what the outcome would be as early as the first 10 minutes. Harris. Yes low on confidence etc but couldn't and wouldn't tackle a fish supper. McGivern. Once more responsible for us losing an easy goal. Nelson. Well where do I start? Never won a battle in his life and not ever likely to.

Butcher. Had high hopes for him but that's slowly dwindled away. Hearing that he's staying has made my night even worse.

Malpas. He can do one. Never looked like he wanted to be here. More annoying and miserable than the wife.

That's me for the night.

Iwasthere1972 at home thoroughly pissed off but will be back in August.

At least I can now look forward to booing England.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2014, 08:19 PM
only one team wanted that win today, and unfortunately it wasn't us, they utterly shamed us just like most teams do when they come to play football at our once proud club

leggeto
25-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Yoyo team we'll trade places next year

ballengeich
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Congratulations to Hamilton. They deserved their win as they played as a team much better than we did, particularly in retaining possession. Their players knew what others were going to do and where to put the ball in contrast to our hoofball.

skipster7
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Well done to Hamilton. some nice close passing and Scotland's movement and strength put our forwards to shame. Played us off the park.:boo hoo:

Bishop Hibee
25-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Well done Accies.

Having said that they only beat possibly the worst Hibs team ever on pens. Favourites to go straight back down. Wouldn't mind their left back though as I thought he had a great game.

G15 Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:17 PM

they are a lower league team

Nah, they're a top league team now mate. That's what the game this afternoon was about.

Greenblood
25-05-2014, 09:20 PM
The best team, over the two legs, won. Congratulations Hamilton!

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Fek me.

heretoday
25-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Hamilton deserved the result. They looked fitter at the end and they played with some kind of idea of what they were about.

Did Canning not play for us at one point? He is a beast.

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Sorry can't bring myself to say it

dave62
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Scottish football's not great quality as we all know, and all you need to be - mostly - is organised and motivated. Two things Hamilton were and we weren't, but then we haven't been either of those things for a long time now.

Good luck next season Accies.

wookie70
25-05-2014, 10:38 PM
The inability to see them playing out from the back was staggering, why not just press 2 wide midfielders up on them, quite frightening for someone who is a professional football manager not to be able to see these patterns in games. Instead we play 1 up top, brilliant.

Totally agree with this. I lost count of the time they started an attack with the goalie playing a side footed pass to one of his team mates. An under 11s manager would have put a plan in to stop them doing this but Butcher looks like he gave up weeks ago to me.

Hamilton played a decent brand of football. They were stronger, faster, better organised and showed a team spirit we can only dream about. They deserved it over the two legs and to be honest the anti football Hibs have played over the last few seasons won't be missed in the top league.

Greencore
25-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Well done Hamilton. Some of your fans are disgusting sectarian bitches. Top of London road calling hibs fans f*nian b*******.... But your team played great.

Mango Man
25-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Jason Scotland was unreal today, bossed the Hibs centre halfs, such a clever player, I just knew he would cause us damage today, he's done it before. Surprised MAC didn't score in normal time, that would have rounded it off in true Hibs fashion.

Northern Hibby
25-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Thought the difference was shown when going forward, when they did it was 6/7 at a time when it was us 2/3 at most, Heff broke clean a couple of times but on his own with no support.

hfc rd
25-05-2014, 10:49 PM
They taught us a footballing lesson out there. Passed us off the park.

Northernhibee
25-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Yep, well done Hamilton. We didn't deserve to stay up at their expense today.