PDA

View Full Version : Butcher Going?

stokesmessiah
25-05-2014, 05:41 PM
From the sounds of that interview Terry has serious doubts as to whether he will remain in employment at Hibs.

Haymaker
25-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Good.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Good.

Don't let the door hit your erse on the way out ya clown.

Stan the Man
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
He should have resigned there and then and brought to an end one, if not the most, embarrassing chapter in our club's history.

Betty Boop
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
From the sounds of that interview Terry has serious doubts as to whether he will remain in employment at Hibs.

Yea didn't sound too confident he'd be here next season ( 'its up to other people') The protest appears to be gathering numbers, according to Sportsound.

Holmesdale Hibs
25-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Says he want to stay so if we want rid of him then we'll have to (pay to) fire him unless there's a clause in his contract.

Hibby K
25-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Do the decent thing and resign Terry - if you can even manage to do that right!

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 05:49 PM
As I said he's away! Players think it too.

3pm
25-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Hibs will have a clause in his contract.

Pretty Boy
Yea didn't sound too confident he'd be here next season ( 'its up to other people') The protest appears to be gathering numbers, according to Sportsound.

Probably less numbers up front than half an hour ago but getting louder and a lot hanging around at the back.

Ozyhibby
I won't be back until he's away

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Your comment is based on what?

degenerated
25-05-2014, 06:48 PM

I'd be quite happy to see the players go too. A complete clear out from top to bottom is what's required here.

givescotlandfreedom
25-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I hope he does the right thing. Sadly seems he's not the man for the job.

loanheadhibby
25-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I should hope so. Worst manager ever!

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Hopefully the last thing Petrie does before being shown the door is booting Butcher out it first. Tomorrow.

25-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Good. ****ing hopeless.

easty
25-05-2014, 06:54 PM
He's gone. Has to be. I don't think he was given a chance to build a decent side but it really doesn't matter now. Get the **** out my football club.

Makaveli
25-05-2014, 06:56 PM
He better walk for nothing. It would be disgusting to collect a pay-off for what he's done here.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Your comment is based on what?

Based on what I'm told.

HibbyAndy
25-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Murray in Butcher out.

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Based on what I'm told.
Oh right - are you another of these "in the know" chaps?

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Keeping him now would be akin to us not sacking Duffy during our inexorable slide into the First Division in 1998, and then entrusting him to get us back up again.

We need to galvanise the fans as quickly as possible, and start to gather at least some optimism for next season - that starts with getting Butcher out immediately. The longer he stays the more things will simmer, and the worse it will be.

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Butcher will go down as the worst Hibs manager of all time, even worse than Calderwood . Sooner his bags are packed the better, unfortunately while he can swan off to a beach on the Bahamas or wherever , we are left to suffer the consequences.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 07:07 PM
He's gone. Has to be. I don't think he was given a chance to build a decent side but it really doesn't matter now. Get the **** out my football club.

He turned a poor side into a terrible one with his stubborness and shockingly crap tactics.

He doesn't deserve a chance to build his own team.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 07:09 PM
He turned a poor side into a terrible one with his stubborness and shockingly crap tactics.

This. The way he has managed us since he came in leads to no other option but to get rid.

Poor tactics, decision making, terrible man management of the squad, not playing the right players, constant changing the team. The list goes on.

6 wins in 28 games! That is an unbelievable stat for a club like ours in a SPFL as poor as it is

#FromTheCapital
25-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll be upset if he goes. Not because I particularly want him to stay, just because I wanted him to have the chance to correct the mistakes made. A likeable guy, not that it counts for anything.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Hopefully the last thing Petrie does before being shown the door is booting Butcher out it first. Tomorrow.If TB doesn`t resign he has to be sacked but if RP is supposedly handing over decisionmaking to Dempster next week , can`t see him making any decisión now .

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 07:11 PM

We were a pretty poor footballing side - in terms of results we were average. The football before he arrived was mostly uninspiring, occasionally depressing, sometimes pretty good - after he arrived it became the worst, most basic and aimless type I have ever seen in my time supporting Hibs.

He also managed to turn capable players into completely inept ones, all whilst alienating the more talented players in the squad - only finally calling on them when it was far too late.

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 07:14 PM

Mmm do I detect a hint of sarcasm??

No I just sit at home making this up, can't believe you found me out!!!

HKhibby
25-05-2014, 07:17 PM
If TB doesn`t resign he has to be sacked but if RP is supposedly handing over decisionmaking to Dempster next week , can`t see him making any decisión now .

This is exactly what will happen! and Petrie knowes he doesn't have to make a decision!

jeffers
25-05-2014, 07:17 PM

There are a few guys on here who do have information on what is going on at Hibs, thecat23 is one of them.

As for Butcher, had my doubts after the Raith game. He's absolutely clueless, so many things he's done and said defy belief. He has to go, but I pray it's his decision, paying him off can only have a detrimental effect on the budget for the new manager.

Carheenlea
25-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Terry Butcher has no future at this club, and he knows it.

I`m sure the next 24 hours or so will see him and Petrie coming to some arrangement then he will be gone.

At least it will give us the opportunity to start afresh - new manager, new CEO and a new squad of players with most following Butcher out the door.

judas
25-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Butchers position is untenable now. Has to go. Simple.

Winston Ingram
25-05-2014, 07:31 PM

I`m sure the next 24 hours or so will see him and Petrie coming to some arrangement then he will be gone.

At least it will give us the opportunity to start afresh - new manager, new CEO and a new squad of players with most following Butcher out the door.

I wouldn't bet on it. Ye'd have had to have been deaf, dumb & blind to have not seen this coming months ago. The club just let him carry on. I'm still stunned we won on Wednesday.

Famous Fiver
25-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Sauzee got 69 days and emptied. Don't know the Butcher stats but he's had longer and had by far worse results. Over to you,Rod.

Del Boy
25-05-2014, 07:33 PM
He simply must go. Our worst ever manager.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Get tae **** Butcher.

Sammy7nil
25-05-2014, 07:38 PM
If he has any pride, dignity and self respect he will resign his position is untenable.

Devilstorment
25-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Im hurting like everyone else, but I don't think Butcher should go. I still, despite facts to the contrary believe he is the right man for the job and once he builds his own team, we will be thankful he stayed.

None of the players are "his" men. He clearly has told them too early that they don't have a future in his team, and they have turned around and stuck two fingers up at him and not performed for him. There is no other reason for the teams collapse. The style of play and players are the same as Fenlon's tenure. Is that because Butcher has just "stuck with what works" (for want of a better phrase) until he gets his own men in?

Who knows, but I feel we need to build from the ground up again, and changing managers every 18 months or so is not going to facilitate that

Spike Mandela
25-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Butcher has history of beig unable to turn around a failing side but then building a decent team up from nothing. Did it at Motherwell and ICT. Might as well give him next year but suspect his salary may have to be renegotiated.

Borderhibbie76
25-05-2014, 07:40 PM
The decision to sub heff and bring on tudor jones has effectively cost us our top flight status. Leaving us to defend a 1 goal lead with 1 18yr old striker...absolute joke of a decision...there's the door Butcher...do one!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Steve-O
25-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Keeping Butcher just isn't going to cut it.

At least when McLeish got relegated there was hope.

we are hibs
25-05-2014, 07:50 PM
His style of football is horrendous. His decision making is shocking. There was no plan today or any other game. No togetherness or no real belief. Hopefully he is gone by Tuesday and he takes Petrie with him.

25-05-2014, 07:54 PM
He's working with a ***** bunch of players that Fenlon cobbled together - I get that. However, his tactical decision making is awful and he has managed to plummet us to relegation in an incrediable free fall!

Petrie & Butcher get your coats NOW

greenpaper55
25-05-2014, 07:54 PM
If he stays and we play the same he will get us relegated again, who would we beat playing like that ?.

Davy Mac
25-05-2014, 07:57 PM

Spot on, for me both TB & MM have come across very poorly in their time with us.

Real heads under the duvet stuff.

Salisbury Hibby
25-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I must admit, my heart sank when Tudur-Jones came on. Shades of the Dundee Utd Game. But we were lucky to be hanging on. Let's be honest we'd be happy with a Hibs team playing football like Hamilton did.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EdinMike
25-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I didn't cry last time we were relegated...floods now ! Devastated..I can't take this anymore

Zazu62
25-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Just go now . Today was pathetic

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 08:03 PM
His style of football is horrendous. His decision making is shocking. There was no plan today or any other game. No togetherness or no real belief. Hopefully he is gone by Tuesday and he takes Petrie with him.

That for me is and always has been the problem with the last three managers. They have no panache when it comes to
getting an energetic side on the pitch.

Like I say it's been a perfect storm that has culminated in Hibs capsizing eventually. Pat brought in utter utter dross in summer. On decent pay. There were no players who you saw wanted to use Hibs as a stepping stone to bigger things. They just came to pay their bills. There was no pace, no creativity, no goals, no zip and no players who would get you off your seat.

Sadly you need to add into this disasterous recipe player power - they, the players (or some) have caused our club to be relegated. Am I questioning their integrity and their will to win at all costs - yes :agree:

Once the club is rid of Rod, the players who see Hibs as a meal ticket, and a few hangers on - we will be just fine. And four more derbies too :aok: just hope Nid and Jack Ross settle in quickly :cb

GlenrothesHibee
25-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Im surprised at my lack of emotion. Must be getting used to the kicks hibs give us.

Sammy7nil
25-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Im hurting like everyone else, but I don't think Butcher should go. I still, despite facts to the contrary believe he is the right man for the job and once he builds his own team, we will be thankful he stayed.

None of the players are "his" men. He clearly has told them too early that they don't have a future in his team, and they have turned around and stuck two fingers up at him and not performed for him. There is no other reason for the teams collapse. The style of play and players are the same as Fenlon's tenure. Is that because Butcher has just "stuck with what works" (for want of a better phrase) until he gets his own men in?

Who knows, but I feel we need to build from the ground up again, and changing managers every 18 months or so is not going to facilitate that

I agree the players could not HOOF the ball often or hard enough, once he gets his own hoofers in it will be so much better. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paperboy
25-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Can I ask a question...

What goes at Hibs training? I cannot believe that a team of so called professionals struggle to do simple things such as pass and shoot on target.

What was worrying was the lack of confidence as well, players reluctant to take on a players or two have a shot. But the most worrying aspect was the fact that players seemed to struggle with the basic of the gane.

At least we've got nice facsilities ...

Crab apple
25-05-2014, 08:11 PM

I hope you're right about Butcher going but the just released Club Statement would suggest otherwise. I totally agree with you about starting afresh and that means a new manager.

lapsedhibee
25-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I must admit, my heart sank when Tudur-Jones came on. Shades of the Dundee Utd Game. But we were lucky to be hanging on. Let's be honest we'd be happy with a Hibs team playing football like Hamilton did.

:agree: The Hamilton centre halves were each about a foot taller than Heffernan and Cummings. In what parallel universe would humping it high to our front two make sense? I didn't notice a single occasion on which we got to the ball first in the air. Beyond comprehension that we would still be attempting this after 120 mins of failure. Yet the two or three times we tried to attack on the ground we carved them open on the flanks and got to the bye line. Utterly bizarre 'tactics'.

southsider
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
We were 5th when he got the job and now we are relegated. His tenor has been an unmittegated disaster. We are not coming back up next season or perhaps the season after that. Now is the time to appoint Ian Murray with a 3 year plan to get us promotion.

cleanyman
25-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I clocked it in February.

Awful.

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 08:24 PM
It is impossible to win playing the way we have with the players we have

The back 4 and Craig pump aimless balls in the air

We rarely put passes together.... Not even the simplest ones

we rarely close the opposition down

We rarely get to the bye line

We rarely stop crosses into our box

We always make ridiculous and simple errors in central defence

I didn't think we would be worse to watch than we were under Fenlon but Butcher has taken it to a whole new level

It is either his tactics or the lack of ability in the squad to put his tactics to effective use

Unfortunately it is both for me

The whole club needs revamped so

ROD TB MM SM all the senior pros bar Thommo and Maybury all of you GTF

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Based on what I'm told.
Aye well - so much for your source then based on the statement tonight. Yet another kid on "in the know" poster.......

Theinsider
25-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Aye well - so much for your source then based on the statement tonight. Yet another kid on "in the know" poster.......

I think you will find if you care to look through the Cats posts, he is far from a "kid on in the know poster". If he has been told he will be gone. Then I have faith that this may well be the case.

Coco Bryce
25-05-2014, 09:34 PM

This could just be Rod planting the seed that he won't sack him so he will have to leave with no compo.

TB & MM don't want to stay at ER that's for sure.

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 09:37 PM
This could just be Rod planting the seed that he won't sack him so he will have to leave with no compo.

TB & MM don't want to stay at ER that's for sure.
Why don't they want to stay at ER? Be specific....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 09:40 PM

Not a kid on ITK poster. Fact.

#2 Double Tap
25-05-2014, 09:43 PM
If TB doesn`t resign he has to be sacked but if RP is supposedly handing over decisionmaking to Dempster next week , can`t see him making any decisión now .

im a doom and gloomer - and i aint looking forward to that one bit - petrie and decisions :(

Coco Bryce
25-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Why don't they want to stay at ER? Be specific....

They know after today's humiliation the fans have lost all respect for them and won't back them. I think they'll walk...

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 09:44 PM

Yes he is and he has a great record of being a very reliable source.

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 09:51 PM

:agree:

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Not in this instance based on the statement released tonight, Seriously - to have inside knowledge he was going to be fired or quit would mean that RP or TB were openly discussing the issue in earshot of someone else. Or maybe he is claiming to have the ear of TB or RP? Who else would be in the know? This site makes me laugh at times and I often wonder at what point the "in the know" posters will give up?

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 09:56 PM

Correct knows his stuff

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 09:57 PM

:aok:

Colr
25-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Hopefully, the arrangement is that Petrie goes too.

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Not in this instance based on the statement released tonight, Seriously - to have inside knowledge he was going to be fired or quit would mean that RP or TB were openly discussing the issue in earshot of someone else. Or maybe he is claiming to have the ear of TB or RP? Who else would be in the know? This site makes me laugh at times and I often wonder at what point the "in the know" posters will give up?

Why would a guy that regularly gives us reliable information want to give up? His reliable information is well liked on here and he has nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

hibeemikey21
25-05-2014, 10:09 PM

Tbf, I read Thecat's post as the players suspect he'll go. No-one other than Butcher and Petrie will know for sure, but hints may have been dropped

He is almost always bang on with his posts. One of the very few whose posts I don't take with a pinch of salt. Doesn't need to share the info, but he does and (almost) all appreciate it

No need to be so uppity

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Tbf, I read Thecat's post as the players suspect he'll go. No-one other than Butcher and Petrie will know for sure, but hints may have been dropped

He is almost always bang on with his posts. One of the very few whose posts I don't take with a pinch of salt. Doesn't need to share the info, but he does and (almost) all appreciate it

No need to be so uppity
Not trying to be uppity but there is nothing wrong with questioning statements by the cat or anyone else fore that matter. He stated that "he was away" and in response to my question that that was what he had been told. Perhaps he is a correct a great deal of the time but on this occasion he was given wrong information or made a very bold statement with no basis in truth. Also - why would anyone with privileged information continue to share it on an internet forum? Just wondering....