PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's Interview

coco22
25-05-2014, 05:40 PM
'I want to stay...'

tough titties big man, the writings on the wall. Gtf. The tone of your voice shows you know it. :bye:

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2014, 05:41 PM
He cant stay, its must be the sack tonight.

hibbybrian
25-05-2014, 05:42 PM

Sorry G. it must be resignation tonight - no compo deserved :rolleyes:

yeezus.
25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I had high hopes when Butcher was first appointed but have wanted him to go for quite a while now. Cya Terry!

Hibbyradge
He has to go.

hibbysam

As long as it's accompanied by petries resignation and his shares go up for sale! Sick to the back teeth of this regime!!

richard_pitts
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
The function of the board is to appoint the manager. That means the entire board goes as well. In any other job the shareholders would have canned them for poor performance.

SlickShoes
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Everyone should be punted, players, coaches and higher ups they have all contributed to out 7 year slide in to oblivion

carnoustiehibee
25-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Nothing will change until the guys at the top leave.

andy1875
25-05-2014, 05:46 PM
That "performance" in a game of such magnitude was nothing short of a disgrace.

Tactically 2nd best for 120 minutes.

He has to go and take the entire squad with him.

GTF BUTCHER AND MALPAS

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Butcher will be sacked this coming week.

Newhaven
25-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Means nothing if TB stays or goes. Changes higher up are needed and NOW

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Can't stay now.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 05:52 PM

Put your money on Ian Murray despite his new contract.

ginger_rice
25-05-2014, 05:53 PM

Petrie has to be nowhere near Easter Road, I've been told by a few folk in the game that his influence and penny pinching is everywhere, the rot set in when he failed to back John Collins we've been on the slide ever since

spike220
25-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Would love to see John Collins Back.

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Sorry G. it must be resignation tonight - no compo deserved :rolleyes:

Sacked or walk i dont give a toss, but get him out the club. :fuming:

The Leith Dutch
25-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm usually in the give them more time camp but he absolutely has to go.

The board are another matter but given the squad of players he has at his disposal relegation from starting in 7th place is a sacking offence.
If he had any class whatsoever he'd resign.

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 05:57 PM
He needs to go. I feel almost ridiculous for saying that as this morning I swore he was the man to take us forwards, but he has in fact taken us off the edge. The moment I lost it was when I realised we were playing for survival and up front had an east of Scotland league player.

KanyeWestLower
25-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Agreed Collins is the only way forward in my opinion.

IberianHibernian
25-05-2014, 06:00 PM
What a difference in managers today . Hamilton boss obviously had a plan right from the start and his players followed it while ours were left to make things up as game went on . Butcher spent all of half time in extra time arguing with 4th oficial ignoring his players while Hamilton boss encouraged his players .

mcculloch1875
25-05-2014, 06:01 PM
If Butcher and petrie stay i will not be back.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 06:01 PM
If Butcher and petrie stay i will not be back.

You'll be back then.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Today was the worst Hibs performance I have ever seen, and that's saying something.

Butcher has killed us and he has to go. And he will.

Beefster
25-05-2014, 06:03 PM
He needs to go. I feel almost ridiculous for saying that as this morning I swore he was the man to take us forwards, but he has in fact taken us off the edge. The moment I lost it was when I realised we were playing for survival and up front had an east of Scotland league player.

I'm the same. I've supported Butcher, despite growing reservations, until today. Playing for a 0-1 defeat and bringing on Tudur Jones for Heffernan was the breaking point for me though.

hibees 7062
25-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Put your money on Ian Murray despite his new contract.

Hope so :agree:

spike220
25-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm the same. I've supported Butcher, despite growing reservations, until today. Playing for a 0-1 defeat and bringing on Tudur Jones for Heffernan was the breaking point for me though.

:agree:

The Leith Dutch
25-05-2014, 06:05 PM

The moment for me was Tudor-Jones coming on for Heffernan.
He rolled the dice on playing out a 1-0 loss against a team from the division below - unacceptable as a strategy but certainly unacceptable to fail to do it.

You need to play strikers to stop the opposition coming forward with no fear.

jdships
25-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Can't stay now.

Agree 100%
This is not a knee jerk reaction this is the result of years of degeneration right throughout the club
When TB was appointed I said for me the " Jury's Out" " .
Unfortunately the jury have now delivered a " Guilty " verdict .

Question we should all be asking is where does Hibernian FC go from here ?:rolleyes::confused:

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 06:09 PM

Yep, or bringing on Harris who has been stinking for ages now. I appreciate we do not have eh great depth to pick from, but not only did that potentially leave us with nothing up front for injury time, but also no real,strikers I'm the event it went to penalties...which shock horror it did.

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 06:15 PM
He rolled the dice on playing out a 1-0 loss against a team from the division below - unacceptable as a strategy but certainly unacceptable to fail to do it.

whilst getting rid of another manager may seem ridiculous we can't do it the hibs way of waiting till the week before the AGM the getting rid, only to have the next 6 months of it's not his team...I acknowledge that I am one of those people...and to be honest it is true, but why wait for it to happen, why waste another season, loose another 1000 fans that may never come back.

If this happened in the EPL I am pretty sure the manager would be sacked and the board would look to appoint someone with a sound knowledge of getting back up. For me there is only one candidate for that job, the board need to do the right thing, do it now, and do it so the incoming manager has a window to go and build a hibs team that will win the championship and come straight back up.

Stevie Reid
25-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Let's be honest, if the ****er had even a shred of dignity he would resign. He has been unbelievably bad, and delivered the worst possible outcome that this season had to offer us, even though it looked unbelievably unlikely when he arrived.

jimmyboco1875
25-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Anyone got link to interview

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 06:30 PM
He did say 'it was up to others' whether he was still manager. Wonder if there is a relegation clause that can allow Club to terminate?

I don't agree with those saying he should resign - it would take more of a man to stay and rebuild and sort the mess out.

WhileTheChief..
25-05-2014, 06:33 PM
If he had any decency he would walk away tomorrow. But he won't. We'll be forced to sack him which will cost us a good few quid. ******** of a man.

Islington Hibs
25-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Agree at the time I thought it arrogant ans very risky. We were outplayed and sadly got our just deserts to a team that played football on the deck and frankly were far superior. I agree Butcher should resign. Will he - we will see. the bigger issue is to get rid of Petrie. He has to go and go on Monday morning. As for Dempster I am as secptic, and hope to be proved wrong. We need a Hibs person with attention to detail from the bottom up not some marketing person. The whole ethos needs re-engineered.

Beefster
25-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Agree at the time I thought it arrogant ans very risky. We were outplayed and sadly got our just deserts to a team that played football on the deck and frankly were far superior. I agree Butcher should resign. Will he - we will see. the bigger issue is to get rid of Petrie. He has to go and go on Monday morning. As for Dempster I am as secptic, and hope to be proved wrong. We need a Hibs person with attention to detail from the bottom up not some marketing person. The whole ethos needs re-engineered.

If you think Dempster is 'some marketing person', I'd suggest you know nothing about her.

Col2
25-05-2014, 06:46 PM
He will be away in the next 48 hours. 99% sure of that.

majorhibs
25-05-2014, 07:04 PM
He did say 'it was up to others' whether he was still manager. Wonder if there is a relegation clause that can allow Club to terminate?

I don't agree with those saying he should resign - it would take more of a man to stay and rebuild and sort the mess out.

Bull**** - just maybe, just this once, he & some others will actually have an insight that is correct... the mans an incompetent buffoon as a football manager, he will never grasp whats needed to b a success, bit like Petrie, every appointment he makes shows him to be completeley incompetent where football is concerned, resignation only answer if they have any self respect. These 2 imposters are responsible for relegating Hibernian F.C. In this division in this year against all these skint nae budget teams, Petrie & Butcher actually managed to relegate Hibs!

Green Cabbage 7
25-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Bull**** - just maybe, just this once, he & some others will actually have an insight that is correct... the mans an incompetent buffoon as a football manager, he will never grasp whats needed to b a success, bit like Petrie, every appointment he makes shows him to be completeley incompetent where football is concerned, resignation only answer if they have any self respect. These 2 imposters are responsible for relegating Hibernian F.C. In this division in this year against all these skint nae budget teams, Petrie & Butcher actually managed to relegate Hibs!

Sorry mate no just Petrie and butcher also the man at the very top, he may not be a football man but we need him to show some strength and steel and leadership cause he is the man at the top

Speedway
25-05-2014, 07:44 PM
"You don't know how I'm feeling," he said. "It's been like watching a car crash the last two or three months, and you do everything you possibly can to stop it and you just can't. You just can't halt the slide and you can't halt the losses.

"Even today we've had opportunities to see the game out. Seventy-five seconds left and we're 1-0 down, and I'm thinking, 'okay, we'll take a 1-0 defeat, that means we stay up'. But we can't even do that.

"And then the penalties become a lottery. We miss the first penalty too. We are where we are, and it's not because of this game, it's because of what we haven't done over the whole piece, really."

Accepting responsibility for the situation, he added: "I'm the manager of the football club. I've had plenty of opportunities to stop the slide and to have won football games - that's my job. I haven't done that enough."

R11Loaded
25-05-2014, 07:44 PM
HOW you can expect to succeed when defending for 90 minutes against a team who are free scoring like Hamilton I'll never understand. The fans deserve much better. The players deserve nothing. The manager deserves nothing.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

shagpile
25-05-2014, 07:48 PM
"You don't know how I'm feeling," he said. "It's been like watching a car crash the last two or three months, and you do everything you possibly can to stop it and you just can't. You just can't halt the slide and you can't halt the losses.

"Even today we've had opportunities to see the game out. Seventy-five seconds left and we're 1-0 down, and I'm thinking, 'okay, we'll take a 1-0 defeat, that means we stay up'. But we can't even do that.

"And then the penalties become a lottery. We miss the first penalty too. We are where we are, and it's not because of this game, it's because of what we haven't done over the whole piece, really."

Accepting responsibility for the situation, he added: "I'm the manager of the football club. I've had plenty of opportunities to stop the slide and to have won football games - that's my job. I haven't done that enough."

Correct. Now go away. Now.