PDA

View Full Version : Zing and opening up a can of beans

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Well agent Cummings on Sunday you've had a bang and opened up a can of worms..... Terrible pen

Before anyone gets excited the blame for today should be passed equally around all Hibs player management and board

kj79
25-05-2014, 05:29 PM
The biggest disgrace is that a 18 year old was put in that position as having to take the last penalty. No shock coming from our so called senior pros and hopeless management!

Westie1875
25-05-2014, 05:30 PM
The biggest disgrace is that a 18 year old was put in that position as having to take the last penalty. No shock coming from our so called senior pros and hopeless management!

Exactly, should never have been put in that position, disgraceful decision.

Betty Boop
25-05-2014, 05:30 PM

:agree: Felt gutted for the laddie.

dp00
25-05-2014, 05:33 PM

Not Cummings fault... Someone more experienced should have stepped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool_Hand_Luke
25-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Bit harsh...if it wasnt for his 2 goals in the first game it wouldnt have got to penalties. His penalty was no worse than Thomsons

Butcher is the one to blame for today....happy to play for a draw, then happy to settle for a 1-0 defeat.

Scottie
25-05-2014, 05:34 PM
The laddie showed more bottle and courage than most out there today by stepping up to take a pen
He'll come back better next season bigger and stronger

pontius pilate
25-05-2014, 05:34 PM
The laddie was in tears at the end its not his fault we are down its the chairman the owner the management team and the senior players. In the shoot out ben never looked like saving any he went the wrong way every single time and the hero KT missed the first which really set the tone of the whole shoot out where accies scored first the confidence gained from that was invaluable for them

McHibby
25-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I had just wrote this in the match-thread:

Why was an 18 year old laddie having to take a single one of those penalties? I'd be saying this even if Jason had scored. In a penalty shoot-out with this much riding on it, the senior players should have been first on the list. Quite typical of team that has bottled it time and again this season, that they're happy to hide behind a bairn.

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Gregg Wylde on twitter; @GreggWylde: Omg hibs what is going on seriously !! Good one open a tin a beans 😂👍

What's that ***** problem?

Mikey09
25-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Well agent Cummings on Sunday you've had a bang and opened up a can of worms..... Terrible pen

Before anyone gets excited the blame for today should be passed equally around all Hibs player management and board

Think the the laddie knows it wasn't the best pen but he certainly doesn't need a welt like you telling him. I know the boy so I will bite at YER ****in ridiculous post. You go take a flyin one to yerself.

#FromTheCapital
25-05-2014, 05:40 PM
****ing disgraceful thread.

Dunderhall
25-05-2014, 05:42 PM
GTF with the agent Cummings lark.
dont know what's worse, that comment or then trying to hide behind the 2nd sentance.

Unseen work
IMO watching it on bt sport it looked like he never wanted to take it when they were discussing it but terry was convincing him

Obv hard to tell but just the impression I got

Liberal Hibby
Liam Craig should have taken the first as captain. The fact he didn't shows how gutless the senior pros were. They can all fick off and take that twat Butcher with them.

hibsmum
That laddie got them through in the first leg, it was time for the rest of them to stand up !!

Dinkydoo
25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Without Cummings Wed have been out in 90 minutes. I'm not sure what purpose a thread like this serves; he was in tears after that penalty miss FFS.

MrRobot
25-05-2014, 05:43 PM
This is ridiculous.

Not his fault at all. ****ing worst thread I've seen.

Holmesdale Hibs
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Cummings is one of the few players that shouldn't be blamed IMO. I feel gutted for him and hope it doesn't destroy his confidence. He's looked decent since coming in to the first team and could see him doing well in the championship.

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
The lads life will be hell. He won't be able to go out. He will become a hearts cult hero. Shocking putting him on the last penalty. Utter disgrace.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Liam Craig should have taken the first as captain. The fact he didn't shows how gutless the senior pros were. They can all fick off and take that twat Butcher with them.

Gtf what difference does it make him going first, second or third

Jesus. He stepped up and scored his pen

Mikey09
25-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Go on then **** wit.... Defend this "really witty" post.... Nah, didn't think so. Admins please close this thread.

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Think the the laddie knows it wasn't the best pen but he certainly doesn't need a welt like you telling him. I know the boy so I will bite at YER ****in ridiculous post. You go take a flyin one to yerself.

I good one pal.

The boy was part of the worst team ever. Read my thread he was equally to blame.

It was humour. Ps if your gonna have a zing and open up a can oh beans you better be good

Chill out Hibs are crap

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Go on then **** wit.... Defend this "really witty" post.... Nah, didn't think so. Admins please close this thread.

No pal it's a forum and yes it was a bit of whit.
If you don't like don't post and get off my thread.

It's banter. Read my post in fully

Admins keep it open hail hail

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Neither banter nor wit, just entirely ***** patter.

Kid should never have been put in that position. And I include the end of 90 mins once Heffernan went off and extra time in that. Ridiculous ask of an 18 year old, gutted for him.

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Neither banter nor wit, just entirely ***** patter.

Kid should never have been put in that position. And I include the end of 90 mins once Heffernan went off and extra time in that. Ridiculous ask of an 18 year old, gutted for him.

Agreed mate but I qualified it with the second paragraph.
All players need to take the blame and yes it was good banter it's just everyone is pissed off.

If your local head down to Easter road to slate each and every player board member and manager / coach.

Only people blame free are Hibs fans 10/10

Cool_Hand_Luke
25-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Gtf what difference does it make him going first, second or third

Jesus. He stepped up and scored his pen

Your best penalty takers should always go first. Liam Craig is our regular penalty taker and should have stepped up first.
That goes in and it puts the pressure on Hamilton. Unfortunately Thomson steps up and misses and gives Hamilton a lift...and the rest is history...

sesoim
25-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Did anybody expect Thomson to score? He can barely pass the ball forward never mind shoot.

Butcher took a risk taking Heffernan off rather than a non-penalty taker, and it backfired. But I think we would have lost no matter what. Worst bunch of losers I've ever seen at the club.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Ridiculous thread. The lad tried his heart out today and was knackered after 90 minutes. The fact he then had to step up and take a pen when more senior players didn't is ridiculous.

None of this 'agent' talk about him OR Maybury may I add, if the rest of the team gave us much effort and desire as these two we wouldn't be in the *****e we are currently.

Alfred E Newman
25-05-2014, 06:27 PM
This thread should be closed and deleted. Disgraceful. We didn't lose today because the lad missed a penalty , we lost because of poor management, tactics and so called experienced players who should be ashamed of themselves tonight.

HibsNutter
25-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Not gonna slate a player who had the balls and confidence to step up and take a player, also not going to slate Butcher for allowing it, they made the right choice, it just didn't work out.

Carheenlea
25-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Is it not about time this **** is shown the door on here?

HibbyKeith
25-05-2014, 07:17 PM

This!

Club captain and regular penalty taker shys away from first penalty.... total coward, and a disgrace to the captaincy.

bigwheel
25-05-2014, 07:19 PM
This!

Club captain and regular penalty taker shys away from first penalty.... total coward, and a disgrace to the captaincy.

This is a horrible thread - very distasteful and unhelpful in every way.

But as a point of detail - what makes you think the players choose which penalty they take ? That is much more likely to have been the managers decision...

Hiber-nation
25-05-2014, 07:20 PM

You are pathetic. To blame an 18 year old who scored 2 fantastic goals in the first game and imply he's a jambo? Worst post on here for a long time.

bawheid
25-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Outrageous.

Baader
25-05-2014, 07:33 PM

:rolleyes: Wit? You can't even spell it...

leither17
25-05-2014, 07:34 PM
just before the pens were taken butcher was in cummings face twice wagging the finger at him the boy looked very shaky i thought then i hope it doesnt come down to him

steviehibsleith
25-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Who gives a toss about a poor penalty the best players in the world can miss , Cummings worked his ass off and was one of only a few I would give pass marks too today and over the first leg.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cocopops1875
25-05-2014, 07:50 PM
This!

Said at the time the club captain did step up 1st, did you see Craig after the 1st 15 of ET ? Wandered back no interest and KT was tying to Gee up the players

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:09 PM
There is no reason that Cummings should not have taken a penalty, equally there is no what on earth he should be hammered for missing.

Butcher left us going into extra time and penalties with one striker, a boy who has only just stopped playing in effectively a pub league. That is a disgrace and this is what led to him having to go up. I can't ever recall a manager not planning for needing to score during extra time and penalties, heffernan coming off should have been like for like with Collins, that being the basis of pretty much every sub he has made since coming to Easter road.

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Cummings could hardly walk never mind run up to take a pen.

Ridiculous as well that Craig's being criticised for scoring his.

sh00byd00
25-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Emotions are running high, but still, this thread is a ****ing disgrace.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 09:27 PM
just before the pens were taken butcher was in cummings face twice wagging the finger at him the boy looked very shaky i thought then i hope it doesnt come down to him

Said that at the time aswell. To me it looked like Cummings never wanted to take. He was cramping up first half of extra time, to take a pen when your legs are that heavy, with that much pressure was very unfair. Obv we will never know how they decided though

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Did anybody expect Thomson to score? He can barely pass the ball forward never mind shoot.

Butcher took a risk taking Heffernan off rather than a non-penalty taker, and it backfired. But I think we would have lost no matter what. Worst bunch of losers I've ever seen at the club.

after 40+ long long years of watching...couldn't agree more with that, absolutely appalled with the lack of quality at our club, oh aye and a young laddie shouldn't have had that pressure put on his young shoulders

woodyloon
25-05-2014, 09:51 PM
IMO watching it on bt sport it looked like he never wanted to take it when they were discussing it but terry was convincing him

Obv hard to tell but just the impression I got

Got agree, I was in the West and it looked like Butcher was being quite animated with Cummings, then eventually put a hand round the back of his head and seem to be trying a gentler approach.

leggeto
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Some of the best players in the world miss penalties but I think the strikers should have gone 1st

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 10:17 PM
It's not rocket science, when you're going first you need to use your best penalty taker to score and put pressure on the opposition, just another example of Butcher being ****** clueless in all things tactical.

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Not Cummings fault... Someone more experienced should have stepped up

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey haven't up tae now so why would that change, gutless cowardly *****bags.

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Jason Cummings - will score for fun next year :aok:

Got to be brave as f*** to take a pen in those situations - Jason Cummings is brave is f***.

Take a bow son in my book :top marks

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Bet you he scores against Hearts too :na na: that'll shut the doubters up :aok::thumbsup:

AngusHibby
25-05-2014, 10:21 PM

Joke of a thread, boy tried his heart out.

Greencore
25-05-2014, 10:25 PM
JC was crying at the end. STFU with this agent crap. He's a hibs player. Who cares if he is a jambo.

FranckSuzy
25-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Terrible thread

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 10:36 PM
JC was crying at the end. STFU with this agent crap. He's a hibs player. Who cares if he is a jambo.

Jason was in tears when he had to come off in the last derby - nearly cracked the dig out with his boot. The boy cares anyone who is having a dig, deary me - aim it at players like OTJ, Nelson, Williams, Heffernan.....players that literally do not give a sook !

7 Hills
26-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Awful thread! Boy has scored 35 for Hibs this season, including the two which SHOULD have kept us up!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
26-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Some times a really can't believe what I read on here.

Agent Cummings? Really? Like this was all some
Jambo master plan?

Poor young guy played his socks off had to do a job in extra time on his own, had the balls to take a pen and missed. Can't blame him. Pens are a lottery. He must have been shattered.

And you call it banter? Really banter???

Hope admin close this thread and you need to really think about what banter and "wit" is next time before you post some nonsense.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 07:59 AM

Not Jasons fault at all. Phoned him a couple hours after the game yesterday and he was still crying.

Atleast he had the balls to stand up and take a pen. His older pro's should be ashamed.

Steve-O
26-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Thomson's penalty was worse. Pish. Couldn't score in a brothel.

Mikey09
26-05-2014, 08:29 AM

For or one, I'm not yer pal... And I will read whatever I like on this forum. If I don't like what I read I will respond however I see fit. If you think your post is "banter" have a look at Jason going off the pitch. The boy is in tears and as someone else posted still was long after the game. But Dinnae let that stop you from poking fun at him. Also you say he's equally responsible?? He's 18, in his first season and has been played because the previous manager signed a complete dud and the current manager failed to rectify this in January. The lad has been played out of desperation and done bloody well under the circumstances. But as I said, Dinnae let that get in the way of crackin a joke at his expense. "Your" thread is probably the most childish I have had the displeasure of reading.

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Absolutely hilarious. Just what we need to cheer us up I'm sure.

:rolleyes:

emerald green
26-05-2014, 09:35 AM
A load of nonsense on this thread. Penalty shoot outs are a lottery at best. In this particular game the damage was done by absolutely pub team standard defending yet again from McGivern and Nelson. What was McGivern thinking about?

That gift goal gave Hamilton all the encouragement they needed, and was the one thing they as so called professional footballers had to avoid, and they just couldn't do it. It's been like that all season. Early cheap goals gifted to the opposition. And Hibs fans were mocking Jason Scotland! When will some of them ever learn? A 35 year old ran us ragged all afternoon. Scored one and made the other. It's the most painfull defeat ever in all my years watching Hibs. Possibly even worse than that cup final.

The Yams - they are just loving it. Again.

MinceAndTatties
26-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Spot on !

VivaHiberņa
26-05-2014, 04:49 PM
For or one, I'm not yer pal... And I will read whatever I like on this forum. If I don't like what I read I will respond however I see fit. If you think your post is "banter" have a look at Jason going off the pitch. The boy is in tears and as someone else posted still was long after the game. But Dinnae let that stop you from poking fun at him. Also you say he's equally responsible?? He's 18, in his first season and has been played because the previous manager signed a complete dud and the current manager failed to rectify this in January. The lad has been played out of desperation and done bloody well under the circumstances. But as I said, Dinnae let that get in the way of crackin a joke at his expense. "Your" thread is probably the most childish I have had the displeasure of reading.

:agree: Well said, or do I need permission to post on other peoples' threads?

Unseen work
26-05-2014, 04:50 PM
If you see him walking on sky sports he is limping away, unsure if this is a injury or just how tired his legs are, either way I still think butcher made him take that pen

Jones28
26-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Tae **** man, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even have had a chance to take it to penalties.

Pathetic.

What about our senior pros, putting an 18 year old laddie in charge of such an important penalty?

Albanian Hibs
26-05-2014, 04:59 PM

Your posts at the best of times are ridiculous but this one really takes the biscuit. What a pathetic thread this is.

VivaHiberņa
26-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I've think we've reached a consensus. Admins please lock.