PDA

View Full Version : Thommo keen to stay

keep the faith
25-05-2014, 11:28 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-midfielder-kevin-thomson-aims-3604622

Apologies if already posted but I thought this was a good read. Thommo very keen to stay. For goodness sake, Terry sort it out!

CMac1988
25-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Get it sorted TB. A good pre season should do him wonders. Make him captain whilst your at it.

keep the faith
I posted this from my phone so I'm not sure if the link works. If it doesn't perhaps someone with more know how could fix it!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-midfielder-kevin-thomson-aims-3604622

Apologies if already posted but I thought this was a good read. Thommo very keen to stay. For goodness sake, Terry sort it out!

We could nake our feelings known about this today.

Most importantly is the team winninf before singing about any individuals though.

SMAXXA
25-05-2014, 11:42 AM
As honest an interview as I've seen for a while, it's bad enough getting journeyman or right and centre but discounting someone with so much quality who is desperate to be at the club is a sickener for me

Diclonius
25-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Get it sorted TB. A good pre season should do him wonders. Make him captain whilst your at it.

Yup.

FranckSuzy
25-05-2014, 11:44 AM
As honest an interview as I've seen for a while, it's bad enough getting journeyman or right and centre but discounting someone with so much quality who is desperate to be at the club is a sickener for me

:agree: :top marks

keep the faith
25-05-2014, 11:47 AM

That's how I feel. The situation really angers me. I'm pleased KT knows how the fans feel though.

jimmyboco1875
25-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Can someone put a working link up

Hibeesmad
25-05-2014, 11:51 AM
19,000 hibees singing "Kevin Thomson, we'd love you to stay" why not eh

Hibbyradge
25-05-2014, 11:52 AM

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-midfielder-kevin-thomson-aims-3604622

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 11:53 AM

Oscar T Grouch

This

Hibbyradge
If that doesn't work, copy and paste it.

erin-go-bragh87
25-05-2014, 12:10 PM
In the sun today too. Great interview. Captain next season for me and build an attacking team around him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Butcher sign him up, Butcher Butcher sign him up.

CMac1988
25-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Butcher sign him up, Butcher Butcher sign him up.

This please. Or even Dempster, sign him up.

jeffers
25-05-2014, 12:41 PM

:top marks

Jdawg
25-05-2014, 12:42 PM
If Hibs let him go he will go to a top 6 team and make the stronger. Please sig him TB

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Reading this forum the dafties tell us ad nauseam that TB has lost the dressing room, also he had told some players they weren't wanted and therefore they had had chucked it etc etc. Now KT is telling us that he and the other players want to stay. Maybe one of the forum's resident hysterical's can explain that one to me......

Jim44
25-05-2014, 12:59 PM
The DR record article seems to put the onus on Butcher. If Thomson himself wants to stay and the vast majority of supporters want him to stay, it will be interesting to see how Butcher reacts to the pressure.

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2014, 12:59 PM
For me it ultimately depends on his wage demands and whether he'd be happy as a 'squad member' rather than guaranteed starter, because he's too injury prone to build a team around.

If he stays on under terms that suit Butcher, great. If he leaves, well, have we won a game under Butcher that he's played in?

silverhibee
25-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Is KT on the bench today.

GreenLake
25-05-2014, 01:14 PM
I would like to see him play today and help keep us up. Next season I would like him to struggle to make the bench due to better players signing up during the summer.

Jim44
25-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Reading this forum the dafties tell us ad nauseam that TB has lost the dressing room, also he had told some players they weren't wanted and therefore they had had chucked it etc etc. Now KT is telling us that he and the other players want to stay. Maybe one of the forum's resident hysterical's can explain that one to me......

Well, Terry, eh, Hobo Harry, it's a publicised fact that certain players, including Thomson, were told they'd be moving on, despite the desire to stay and play. I don't think that has really changed. What has changed is that Butcher, in his attempt to handle the crisis has had to backtrack and play some of these players. Thomson has said he wants to stay but will Butcher change his mind? By the way, this is not an admission that I am one of your 'resident hystericals'. :-)

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Have a seat, as this might come as a shock to you. Players and managers lie to the press, its practically a condition they have written into their contracts.

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Well, Terry, eh, Hobo Harry, it's a publicised fact that certain players, including Thomson, were told they'd be moving on, despite the desire to stay and play. I don't think that has really changed. What has changed is that Butcher, in his attempt to handle the crisis has had to backtrack and play some of these players. Thomson has said he wants to stay but will Butcher change his mind? By the way, this is not an admission that I am one of your 'resident hystericals'. :-)
You are missing the point - if KT is saying that he (and others) want to stay then he is saying also that he wants to play for Terry Butcher. That does not fit well with the agendas of the hysterical's. Also, well publicized? On Hibs.net mainly and frankly if one of these "in the know" posters on here was to tell me it was Sunday today I would check the calendar before I believed him/her.....

Jim44
25-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I''m not missing any point. The fact that Thomson says he wants to stay is not necessarily an admission of his blind desire to play for Butcher. He is saying that he would like to play for Hibs, the fans want him to stay and he is professional enough to play for Butcher if he is kept on. The information about players being told to move on was not the invention of hysterical Hibs.netters. It was 'well publicised' in various newspapers which I am not cynical enough to disbelieve. Your initial assertion, to me, is that, because Thomson has stated a wish to stay, it is some sort of indication that everything was, is and will be hunky dory. Not so, I'm afraid.

HoboHarry
25-05-2014, 02:34 PM
I''m not missing any point. The fact that Thomson says he wants to stay is not necessarily an admission of his blind desire to play for Butcher. He is saying that he would like to play for Hibs, the fans want him to stay and he is professional enough to play for Butcher if he is kept on. The information about players being told to move on was not the invention of hysterical Hibs.netters. It was 'well publicised' in various newspapers which I am not cynical enough to disbelieve. Your initial assertion, to me, is that, because Thomson has stated a wish to stay, it is some sort of indication that everything was, is and will be hunky dory. Not so, I'm afraid.
KT is a well established professional who will not be short of offers but nonetheless he is prepared to stay even though things are going to be not very great? Lol. aye right, suuuurrreee he will. Tell you what, you go on believing newspapers and I will plod on in the real world......

hibsbollah
25-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Kevin Thomson speaks his mind in the Daily Record? This sounds familiar.

silverhibee
25-05-2014, 07:16 PM
He was crap when he came on.

dmc1875
25-05-2014, 07:17 PM

So was everyone today.

Sign him up NOW. We need people next season who care about the club. He was no worse than Craig or Robertson and at least shows a bit of composure.

Should never be anywhere near penalties though. No idea why he stepped up first.

bigstu
25-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Good bye kevin, youve been pish. Thanks for your efforts but please leave with the rest of them!

sleeping giant
25-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Big player aye ?

jeffers
25-05-2014, 07:20 PM

You are correct sh, other than his first few touches he was, but he should have been on from the start instead of the imposter wearing the captain's armband.

Haymaker
25-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Doubt he will want to stay now. He'll be off like the rest of them.

Carheenlea
25-05-2014, 07:24 PM
He can pack his bags as well. Let us down when when it came to the crunch by missing that first penalty to set the tone in the shoot-out.

Another loser.

heretoday
25-05-2014, 07:26 PM
KT was marginally better than the rest in the sense that he seemed intent on passing to a teammate instead of just booting the ball back to the opposition. His penalty was a disgrace however.

Spike Mandela
25-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Time for wholesale change right through the club. Forget arguments about keeping the likes of Thomsom, Stevenson and the rest of them. These guys are losers. Build the team up from the bare bones with the youngsters like Stanton as the foundation.

Wiliams, Maybury, McGivern, Nelson,Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, Haynes, Thomson, Jones, Heffernan all expendable and no good to the future of our club. Sick of the sight of their pathetic efforts this year.

R'Albin
25-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Are you guys for real? So we are wanting rid of him because he missed a penalty? I'm astonished that anyone would turn down a player of his quality - especially considering we are a first division team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Are you guys for real? So we are wanting rid of him because he missed a penalty? I'm astonished that anyone would turn down a player of his quality - especially considering we are a first division team.
:agree:

Loads of folk whinging about keeping him and now want rid of him :faf:

mcculloch1875
25-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Heard KT is off to Dundee but i'd keep him especially for championship. Getting rid of Williams would be a massive mistake.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Heard KT is off to Dundee but i'd keep him especially for championship. Getting rid of Williams would be a massive mistake.

Williams is away.

25-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Get him signed and give him the captaincy! More heart and fight in him than the rest of them

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 07:36 PM
He is the only senior pro I would keep as a player.

Maybury as a coach and stop gap where required.

Might even have the two of them as player coaches to James McDonough

keep the faith
25-05-2014, 07:40 PM
He is the only senior pro I would keep as a player.

Maybury as a coach and stop gap where required.

Might even have the two of them as player coaches to James McDonough

That's a very good shout.

heretoday
25-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Time for wholesale change right through the club. Forget arguments about keeping the likes of Thomsom, Stevenson and the rest of them. These guys are losers. Build the team up from the bare bones with the youngsters like Stanton as the foundation.

Wiliams, Maybury, McGivern, Nelson,Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, Haynes, Thomson, Jones, Heffernan all expendable and no good to the future of our club. Sick of the sight of their pathetic efforts this year.

Hear Hear! Empty the lot of them.

Unseen work
25-05-2014, 09:36 PM
We need to be realistic. We can't afford a whole new team, who will sign our existing players and who can we replace them with that is any better?

The annoying thing is that everyone one of them players have played at a high level, majority for clubs that finished above us last season then crumbled when they came here. I personally think they will do well wherever the go

Steven_Hibs
25-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Why on earth did he take first penalty anyway? Should captain caveman not taken it? Dreadful. We need KT for championship but he will most likely go.

hibIBZ
25-05-2014, 10:29 PM
I really hope he stays. I know he missed a pen but only winning once in 19 matches had more to do with our failure than the pens today. He understands the club and has the right attitude to get us out of the championship

TornadoHibby
25-05-2014, 10:35 PM

For Thomson to remain on the bench for so long today and not start the match Butcher must hate him!

So long as Butcher is manager Thomson will never be a first pick so, reluctantly I say, Kevin if you want to play every week at 1st team level and enjoy your football and go to another club where the manager will value and appreciate your footballing skills and reportedly considerable good experience of the game!!

madhatter
25-05-2014, 10:37 PM
I'd like to see him in a coaching capacity - I have to admit he looks like he is finished. He has continuously looked knackered in each game he has played. We need a team full of pace and he has none.

Why did Hamilton beat us - pace and movement. What do we lack - pace and movement. KT isn't the only one but sadly he doesn't break that trend. Also, saying his performances has been as good as anyone in green and white is shameful really - he would be better of focusing on his physical fitness and game than saying he is on par with under performing, low-par players.

Whilst I've seen glimmers of his ability - what has he done this season? Cool, calm and collected against Partick...in his own half (in his own box almost) - is that what we need? We can't create **** so being composed in our half isn't the problem.

Callum_62
25-05-2014, 10:38 PM
For Thomson to remain on the bench for so long today and not start the match Butcher must hate him!

So long as Butcher is manager Thomson will never be a first pick so, reluctantly I say, Kevin if you want to play every week at 1st team level and enjoy your football and go to another club where the manager will value and appreciate your footballing skills and reportedly considerable good experience of the game!!

Flipping that around - if the fresh legged Thomson actually put in a tackle in the 93rd minute, then we might still be in the premier league

Sammy7nil
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks Kev bye watch the door does not hit you on the way out.
I hope you dont have to walk on broken glass to get to your next club.