PDA

View Full Version : Confident not Complacent

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 08:03 AM
As the thread title says, I am well aware the tie is not yet over but there's nothing wrong with me thinking Hibs are going to win today and secure our SPL safety...............................bring it on :flag:

Aldo
25-05-2014, 08:08 AM
As the thread title says, I am well aware the tie is not yet over but there's nothing wrong with me thinking Hibs are going to win today and secure our SPL safety...............................bring it on :flag:

It's far from over however Accies will have to be a bit more expansive and may even play Scotland and MAC from the start.

The will be at us from the off...... We get an early goal and it's nite nite accies.

Will be far from easy ....... 3-1 Hibs with young Jason getting his first goal at a packed ER!!!

Leithenhibby
25-05-2014, 08:09 AM

:agree:

25-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm fairly confident as well, I can't see Hamilton getting 3 goals but like you say it's very important that we dont get complacent. If i was Butcher I would be telling the players to forget the 2 goal advantage and play to win as if it's still 0-0. If we sit back and believe it's all done and dusted then it'll head for disaster.

lobster
25-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Absolutely. The home record speaks for itself. No complacency.
Next goal critical ie we need to get it and we need to be confident in going about getting it.

Waxy
25-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Should we go about things in a slow manner right from the start? You know just strolling to take throw in etc. This could frustrate Hamilton pretty quickly.

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Should we go about things in a slow manner right from the start? You know just strolling to take throw in etc. This could frustrate Hamilton pretty quickly.

Nah, momentum required, energy, pace and bust a gut effort all over the pitch, let's put it to bed as early as possible.

Hibbyradge
25-05-2014, 08:49 AM

That would be inviting trouble.

When teams set up like that, they struggle to change things if the plan isn't working.

Hibs should go for the win and get the crowd behind them.

lobster
25-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Nah, momentum required, energy, pace and bust a gut effort all over the pitch, let's put it to bed as early as possible.
:agree:

Put it to the sword!

dave62
25-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Confident of a Hibs win today. If we can get an early goal I can see us winning pretty comfortably like against Dunfermline a couple of years ago.

erskine-hibby
25-05-2014, 09:05 AM
That would be inviting trouble.

When teams set up like that, they struggle to change things if the plan isn't working.

Hibs should go for the win and get the crowd behind them.

Yeah I agree with that.
We should go for the jugular from the start, but be wary in defence.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm confident.

We are in the fortunate position, and I don't suggest the players and manager approach the game like this, where we don't even need to win today to win the tie. Having been at the game on Wednesday I just don't see Hamiltom scoring 3, never mind 3 without reply.

Hamiltons defence and keeper looked vulnerable imo and I see us scoring again.

SlickShoes
25-05-2014, 09:30 AM
As long as the players turn up again and play with a desire to win like they did midweek, we will be fine. Hamilton have nothing at all to lose now so can just come at us 100% from the start and try to rattle us.

We need to play for the win and not hold on to what we have, my only worry is the mental state of some of the team, but I will be there getting behind them even if we go a goal down.

Yuillsy
25-05-2014, 09:38 AM
I thought Liam Craig's interview after the game on Wednesday was very good. When asked "how do you approach the next game?" He simply replied "We go out to win it". That's exactly how we should play, any other way is just inviting trouble.

emerald green
25-05-2014, 09:55 AM
It's another old football cliché, but it fits this game perfectly - the first goal will be absolutely crucial. If Hibs score first, no way surely can Accies score 3 without further conceding to force extra time? However, if Accies score first... I don't even want to think about it to be honest.