PDA

View Full Version : Butcher to assemble top 4 team

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 07:07 AM
I hear that Butcher is to assemble a top 4 team over the summer ....a mix of unknown players with massive potential, some academy starlets a couple of high level loans and some solid pro's who have been over the course...

:aok:

muzzhfc
25-05-2014, 07:13 AM
no offence, but we have heard this every season for the past few years. im not doubting butcher, but its his job to turn us into a top 4 club. id settle for a good strong top 6 finish (win a few games, rather than scrape into it and lose them all) and 2 good cup runs for next season.

jimmyboco1875
25-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Where did you hear this

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 07:20 AM
I hear that Butcher is to assemble a top 4 team over the summer ....a mix of unknown players with massive potential, some academy starlets a couple of high level loans and some solid pro's who have been over the course... :aok:

Is this hope on your part or has Ms Dempster been chatting to you 😉

LancsHibs
25-05-2014, 07:22 AM
A total clear out and rebuild is on the cards, and of course top 4 will be the target, good luck to him! It's gonna be a big job

Onceinawhile
25-05-2014, 07:24 AM
People obviously missing the point of this r.e. the butcher to quit thread. Fwiw, I'd heard he was to assemble a top 1 team? Maybe our sources are slightly different.

Theinsider
25-05-2014, 07:24 AM
I hear that Butcher is to assemble a top 4 team over the summer ....a mix of unknown players with massive potential, some academy starlets a couple of high level loans and some solid pro's who have been over the course...

I do hope your right, but where has the info come from?

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 07:26 AM

Great, a positive thread about Butcher :greengrin :aok:

Cropley10
25-05-2014, 07:36 AM
no offence, but we have heard this every season for the past few years. im not doubting butcher, but its his job to turn us into a top 4 club. id settle for a good strong top 6 finish (win a few games, rather than scrape into it and lose them all) and 2 good cup runs for next season.

No offence but I've not heard at all in the last few years. Hibs have had no discernible signing strategy other than, perhaps, buy cheap pay twice.

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 07:42 AM
People obviously missing the point of this r.e. the butcher to quit thread. Fwiw, I'd heard he was to assemble a top 1 team? Maybe our sources are slightly different.

:aok: - somebody's awake

Great, a positive thread about Butcher :greengrin :aok:

:agree: :greengrin

Call it a deodorant thread

GreenLake
25-05-2014, 07:45 AM
I just hope he gets a chance to do this job in spite of a plethora of posters belligerently campaigning against him as though they are chums, relatives or blowers of outgoing players.

GlenrothesHibee
25-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Lets make sure we stay up first. Might have to build a team to push for promotion.

DC_Hibs
25-05-2014, 08:00 AM

In other news, bears sh! t in the woods.

What a startling revelation.

Iain G
25-05-2014, 08:18 AM

Are you sure you didn't hear that Terry is to assemble a top for the team? A source close to the club has stated that he has just bought a new sewing machine and 50 yards of greeny coloured cloth...

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 08:18 AM
In other news, bears sh! t in the woods.

What a startling revelation.

No I think Bears defecating habits are well know and would be no surprise to most :tumble:

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 08:24 AM
:aok: - somebody's awake

:agree: :greengrin

Call it a deodorant thread

And some folk still don't get it, must be too early in the morning :greengrin

Devilstorment
25-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I would be surprised and deeply worried if he was aiming for less to be honest!

AlbertK86
25-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Hope he's including KT in his squad

Interview in Sunday Mail ... Sounds like KT is desperate to stay but reading between the lines I'm not sure he's convinced Butcher wants him

Worryingly doesn't rule out Hertz if Butcher bins him

Caravanette
25-05-2014, 08:37 AM
A top four team it annoys me when people set standards low. Laugh at me if you like but if we get some quality players for next season I think we can really give celtic a scare next season, with them getting a new manager they will be unsettled hopefully. Don't worry terry will get it right.:tbgwa:
:flag:

Lucius Apuleius
25-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Can confirm the OP. I got a text telling me this too.

J-C
25-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Big difference in assembling a top 4 team and actually getting them to play like one, lets hope he can produce, we'll just have to wait and see but a bunch of unknowns and academy starlets doesn't inspire me unless they're from decent quality teams. Remember the academy starlets and loans of the past we had , AOB, Doherty, Soares, Phil Airey, Matt Thornhill, David Stephens etc.

Niffy
25-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Great news.

May as we'll tell you all I'm buying a lottery ticket with 5 correct and the bonus ball.

Would go for 6 correct but that wound just be silly.

1two
25-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Leigh griffiths proved that one player can make a huge difference

If butcher spends wisely and being in 3 or 4 capable players, we could easily be competing at the right end next year. (All going well today obviously)

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 08:50 AM
I love this thread :greengrin

Niffy
25-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Ah I get it now ... Top 4 team in what league ha ha

RCNG
25-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Ffs. Not safe yet.

greenlex
25-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Big difference in assembling a top 4 team and actually getting them to play like one, lets hope he can produce, we'll just have to wait and see but a bunch of unknowns and academy starlets doesn't inspire me unless they're from decent quality teams. Remember the academy starlets and loans of the past we had , AOB, Doherty, Soares, Phil Airey, Matt Thornhill, David Stephens etc.
We paid serious cash for AOB. He wasn't a loan. I'm less sure of Thornhill and Stephens but I'm sure they were permanent deals too tho.

Diclonius
25-05-2014, 09:09 AM
I have heard this too.

Source: the voices in my head

Northernhibee
25-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Leigh griffiths proved that one player can make a huge difference

If butcher spends wisely and being in 3 or 4 capable players, we could easily be competing at the right end next year. (All going well today obviously)

FWIW I thought Claros and Hanlon played huge parts last season too.

1two
25-05-2014, 09:13 AM
FWIW I thought Claros and Hanlon played huge parts last season too.

You're probably right mate. I actually think Hanlons injury played a part in our abysmal form towards the end of this season.

My point is, a decent side with one or 2 quality players, all playing as a team can be successful in our league.

monktonharp
25-05-2014, 09:16 AM
the only way we'll see a sniff of the top 4 positions next year, (if we are still in the top league) is if the manager signs at least half a team of new experienced, well tested players, and he needs to sign them in the next 2-3 weeks. that is not going to happen, as any free players are only interested on their holidays at this stage!. we always seem to wait until the last week of the window, and the training is almost completed so I think it is a tad ambitious to even think of top 4.

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I love this thread :greengrin

Woooooooooooooooooosh..........:cb

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2014, 09:18 AM

:greengrin A massive one

Just Alf
25-05-2014, 09:26 AM

:greengrin

Good reading while I scoffed my bacon butties before heading off!

Some folk on the sauce early do you think? :wink:

:flag:

Albion Hibs
25-05-2014, 09:32 AM
I guess the very slight silver lining to our managerial merry go round is the fact that we seem to end up in this position every second season, whereby the vast majority of the playing staff could be let of for nothing giving the right manager the chance to assemble pretty much an entire starting 11 if he choose to do so...I would be as well adding that if butcher keeps us up I think he is the man to build this team.

emerald green
25-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I have heard this too.

Source: the voices in my head

:faf:

emerald green
25-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Whatever happens next season, things have to change in a big and meaningful way at ER. I'm sure I'm not alone and can say without contradiction that the huge majority of the Hibs support are truly p***** off that we are having to endure yet another match / play off to save our skins from relegation.

Good luck again today Hibs. Please, just get through this play off today, and then hopefully the club can build for the future and maybe, at long bloody last, come even close to realising its full potential. 20,000 for a relegation play off. Just think what could be achieved if we had a decent winning team on the pitch.

down-the-slope
25-05-2014, 11:13 AM
plan ready to be sprung into action as soon as we get today over

stokesmessiah
25-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I suspect that we will see a signing pretty quickly after today.

TRC
25-05-2014, 11:21 AM
I think no source that we have signed players under the proviso that we remain in the SPL.

spike220
25-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Is that for the SPFL or championship?:duck:

Jdawg
25-05-2014, 12:45 PM
You're probably right mate. I actually think Hanlons injury played a part in our abysmal form towards the end of this season.

My point is, a decent side with one or 2 quality players, all playing as a team can be successful in our league.

I agree with this entirely. Aberdeen signed 4-5 good players and instantly were a far better team, its not rocket science. Their prize money from 3rd place and cup runs will have covered the new players wages as well.

eezyrider
25-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Can confirm the OP. I got a text telling me this too.

I got a text as well. Mate text me that there's a thread on Hibs.net saying TB is going to assemble a top 4 team.

EZ

Lucius Apuleius
25-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Briiliant, we must have reached FACT. ENDOF now!!!!!

Betty Boop
25-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Why was my post removed ? :confused:

The Green Goblin
25-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Let's win or draw today first, then start thinking about it?

SaulGoodman
25-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I heard we're going to assemble a top 12 team well within the budget

BT58
25-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Jeez i hope that the team will be higher than 4th in the championship...This place will melt if we're not
Victor

Nomeancity
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
remember and someone take this article down from the hamilton dressing room door at er.

J-C
25-05-2014, 06:58 PM
We paid serious cash for AOB. He wasn't a loan. I'm less sure of Thornhill and Stephens but I'm sure they were permanent deals too tho.

I wasn't talking about just loans, I meant all these players were brought here to make us better, WTF?

Aldo
25-05-2014, 07:29 PM
There will be no big names etc coming to a Championship team. Butcher will be gone and we will be left scrapping the bottom of the barrel with our 4th, 5th or 6th targets.

Petrie must be ****ting himself as to where the club goes from here.

I know where he can go!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Butcher will obviously be away. I certaintly hope so as he's a complete prick.

Boyle89
25-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Butcher will obviously be away. I certaintly hope so as he's a complete prick.
I hope so. I hate the man for what he has done. Royally f'ked it!:grr::taxi:fuming:

Hibeesmad
25-05-2014, 11:53 PM
I was at the protest after the hearts game and he came out after the game and told the fans to "keep the faith"

Hahaha

RIP Bestie
25-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Do we not need to stop three to have aha cue of coming up? Get Butcher tae ****