PDA

View Full Version : How Old. . .

eebsie
24-05-2014, 08:16 PM
. . . Before you took your son/daughter to a game?
My wee girl is 4 so I think 'summer' games next season will be her debut. Attention span of a goldfish though so will have to take sweets, dolls, toys etc.

DTS
24-05-2014, 08:18 PM
My little sister is six and went to the the raith pre season game last summer and has a season ticket, I was three at my first game first season ticket at six

Thecat23
24-05-2014, 08:20 PM
My boy was was nearly 3 when I first took him.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2014, 08:20 PM
I was 3 when I went to my 1st game, 4 when I started going regularly and had my 1st ST at 6.

I think about 4 or 5 is the right age to try taking kids to a game.

iwasthere1972
24-05-2014, 08:24 PM
My daughter was 6 when I took her to Easter Road. Scottish Cup tie against Clyde at Easter Road on Saturday January 29th 1994. We were up here on holiday and it was freezing. Not sure if she remembers going.

eebsie
24-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I took my little sister to a game when Bobby Williamson was manager. She was fairly grown up but not a regular football viewer but I'll always remember when she said to me "why don't they just pass it to each other". Oh if it were that simple!

Onceinawhile
24-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Took my son to his first game vs partick just there.

he was four in april.

he managed about 35 minutes before winghing. But he got through the game (just) with the help of grandad (aka ) linlithgowhibee).

Of course by that age I'd been to hampden to see us win the skol cup and it wasn't mt first game.

Sexton
24-05-2014, 08:44 PM
My boy was 18 months. Got him into the Caley game that was a freebie when you nominated someone. He sat on my knee the whole game. Now he's a wee bugger and he'd never sit for an entire game.

The Pointer
24-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Took my son aged 7? to the Dundee Utd. relegation game and he and my daughter to the Stranraer game the following season. They've not seen them win much since but they still love Hibs, particularly cause we live in an OF area. Daughter has at least seen us win a derby, Spoony's goal at ER so she knows what it means.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I was six when I went to my first game.

It depends on how interested in football the child is.

I think if they're really into the game then five would be ok, otherwise I wouldn't bother until they're about seven.

Stax
24-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Took my son when he was 4. Was against Aberdeen, he was sitting on my knee when we scored. I jumped up / crowd went mental & he sh** himself and looked at me like Wtf is going on... 7 yrs on & we're taking my 9 yr old girl tomorrow & she shouts & bawls louder than me and her brother :thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
24-05-2014, 08:51 PM
My wee boy was born in mid June. His first game was in early August - 6 weeks later. He has hardly missed a game since the age of two. Absolutely loves watching Hibs and never mucks around.

leggeto
24-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Took my laddie from 4 months onwards,make sure you take some balloons and haribos

eebsie
24-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Are u bothered by swearing?

leggeto
24-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Are u bothered by swearing?

Wy kids have heard it all in the east over the years but they have never repeated the words,most will go straight over their heads

BoltonHibee
24-05-2014, 09:17 PM
I had just returned from Oz. I took my son to his first game when he was 11 months old. He is a fanatic to this day, you can never start them too young

down-the-slope
24-05-2014, 09:29 PM
My wee girl is 4 so I think 'summer' games next season will be her debut. Attention span of a goldfish though so will have to take sweets, dolls, toys etc.

My eldest girl was still in nappies :greengrin...... changing table in FF disabled toilet was well used :rolleyes:

hibbymick
24-05-2014, 09:34 PM
My eldest girl was still in nappies :greengrin...... changing table in FF disabled toilet was well used :rolleyes:

If Hamilton score first tomorrow I will be glad of the use of a nappy.

Stantons Angel
24-05-2014, 09:55 PM
We took my son to many games of junior football in parks whilst he was in his pram.. his first Hibs game was the first game George Best played for us at Paisley.

Being his first, his dad and i tried to make it special for him, took him for his lunch and got him sweets and juice for the game. We thought at least he can lay claim

to having seen the great Georgie Best playing for the Hibees.. but alas he cant remember a thing about it!!!

After that he asked his dad if he could come to all the Hibs games with us and used to sit on the terracing playing with the stones and visiting the loo most of the time.

He has always been a Hibs supporter and although he now lives away from Edinburgh, he is up just now to run in the marathon tomorrow and will cheer on his team after he finishes!

Once a Hibby always a Hibby!!!

Iceman1875
24-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Took my daughter in January to the new year derby and she's been to 4 games since. She had not interest in football before this year but now has the bug, she's 8!

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

HoboHarry
24-05-2014, 10:22 PM
My girl was 5 when I took her to her first game. One of the Hibs kids games and we were up in the nosebleeds in the South Stand. My boy already had a Hibs kit and I bought her a kit in the Hibs shop before the game. A few minutes into the game someone pointed out to me that she had taken her clothes off and was down to her underdungers trying to get her Hibs gear on. How I wish now that cell phones were as common then as they are now :)

Nameless
24-05-2014, 10:30 PM
My wee boy is 3 and a bit. I'm gonna take him to a few Mussey Athletic games, and if he enjoys them then its the pain of being a hibby for the rest of his life.

Forza Fred
25-05-2014, 12:50 AM
I had just returned from Oz. I took my son to his first game when he was 11 months old. He is a fanatic to this day, you can never start them too young

I am reporting you you RSPCC

How can you introduce your laddie to years of disappointments, sorrow and unfulfilled dreams.

Shame on you Moray for condemning Jamie to a life of pain and suffering:wink:

Ozyhibby
25-05-2014, 01:04 AM

I was 38

.Sean.
25-05-2014, 04:34 AM
I was 18 months.

i obviously don't remember anything, but my uncle and old boy took me in the old enclosure in the West and we got beat 4-3 off the Huns.

Missed 9 competitive home games since I was 4. I'm 23. Proud.

IWasThere2016
25-05-2014, 05:22 AM
I took my little sister to a game when Bobby Williamson was manager. She was fairly grown up but not a regular football viewer but I'll always remember when she said to me "why don't they just pass it to each other". Oh if it were that simple!

My daughter said similar at a Blobby fiasco - freezing cold night at Dens, slaughtered 3-0 - and she says 'why is it Dundee against the Hibs goalie'. We had one shot at goal, and the Blobster put 2 subs on in the 93rd minute. Genius.

My eldest was 5 (too early), daughter 7 (better) and wee man 10 as he showed no interest 'til then. He now loves the game and is a tidy wee player.

Good luck with the wee one :thumbsup:

weecounty hibby
25-05-2014, 07:33 AM
I was four when i was first taken. My eldest daughter was two and a half, my son was just short of two and today my youngest daughter is attending her first match at the ripe old age of seven. She's never been before due to her being difficult to manage because of her disability but she is the most excited kid on earth right now. I will be one very proud dad today to be at ER with my kids decked head to toe in Hibs green

Hibs Class
25-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Cannot remember what his first game was, but took my son at age five and he had his first ST from age six. That was fifteen seasons ago.

hibbymick
25-05-2014, 07:56 AM
My daughter of 22 months had her first season ticket at 3 weeks old, according to the guy on the desk she was the youngest season ticket holder .

lucky
25-05-2014, 08:03 AM
I think under 5 is too young especially the weather and general lack of atmosphere at games. I remember going when I was 8/9 and found it intimidating especially against the old firm. But there was not much segregation in these days

Mr White
25-05-2014, 08:16 AM
I think under 5 is too young especially the weather and general lack of atmosphere at games. I remember going when I was 8/9 and found it intimidating especially against the old firm. But there was not much segregation in these days

I know why you say that but you should see the state my 3 year old gets in if he thinks he's missing a game. He absolutely loves going to and being at easter road. I agree there are some games it's not good for toddlers though. I didn't take him to the killie game as I thought the tension might affect him.

TRC
25-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Story goes my granddad took me when he was babysitting. I was 8-9 months came home and he told my mum and he was banned ffrom baby sitting for a while first game I can remember going to I was 4 drab 1-1 I think with hearts