PDA

View Full Version : Hibs on plastic

GlenrothesHibee
24-05-2014, 11:31 AM
After going to Hamilton on Wednesday and being quite impressed by the synthetic pitch I was wondering what people's thoughts would be if Hibs got one. No brainer in my opinion. The playing surface has been dreadful at ER in recent years. Are they allowed in the Premiership?

DAVE1875
24-05-2014, 11:32 AM
After going to Hamilton on Wednesday and being quite impressed by the synthetic pitch I was wondering people's thoughts would be if Hibs got one. No brainer in my opinion. The playing surface has been dreadful at ER in recent years. Are they allowed in the Premiership?

There's rumours about Killie switching to a plastic pitch

GlenrothesHibee
24-05-2014, 11:36 AM
There's rumours about Killie switching to a plastic pitch

I was sceptical before Wednesday. Surprised no Premiership have it yet.

iwasthere1972
24-05-2014, 12:00 PM
After going to Hamilton on Wednesday and being quite impressed by the synthetic pitch I was wondering what people's thoughts would be if Hibs got one. No brainer in my opinion. The playing surface has been dreadful at ER in recent years. Are they allowed in the Premiership?

Personally I though the pitch on Wednesday was dreadful and even the Hamilton players at times struggled to second guess where the ball was going to land. If there are better plastic pitches then perhaps but not convinced by the one at NDP.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Thought the pitch was ok but the way it was watered casused problems.

The sprinklers didn't reach the middle so that part of the park played slower then the wings and penalty boxes. Think that caught a few players out on more than one occasion.

Michael
24-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Could we afford the hybrid pitch teams like Arsenal have?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2014, 12:17 PM
No thanks.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Thats my first time seeing one of these 3g pitches in the flesh, no thanks. Its still nowhere near good enough to replace grass in my opinion. I used to think different, but after witnessing that on Wednesday we are years away from getting these pitches as good as grass.

silverhibee
24-05-2014, 12:32 PM

Why would you ask the thoughts of the fans, they won't be playing on it, :greengrin football players will give it a big NO i'm pretty sure of that, if it was a hybrid pitch like the one being laid at Murrayfield then it would be a big YES from players, i don't know how much it costs to lay one of these pitches but the lighting system probably doesn't come cheap that are put on the pitch straight after a game, but maybe we could go for the hybrid pitch and rent the lighting system from Scottish rugby, don't know if they could be easily transfer'd back and forward from each ground.

The Gorf
24-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Ask "Russianhibs" on this forum. He's a Director of the Company that lays them !!

ALF TUPPER
24-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I remember playing on AstroTurf ( back in the day) .Not a big fan.

I know synthetic pitches have changed considerably over the years but don't think it will ever replace grass.

I thought our guys took a while to adjust.

Not convinced

silverhibee
24-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Thats my first time seeing one of these 3g pitches in the flesh, no thanks. Its still nowhere near good enough to replace grass in my opinion. I used to think different, but after witnessing that on Wednesday we are years away from getting these pitches as good as grass.

And Hamiltons is one of the better ones, they will never be the same as a grass surface.

--------
24-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Could we afford the hybrid pitch teams like Arsenal have?

Only if you're prepared to watch an under-13 team in the SPFL next year.

the very thought of spending that sort of cash would send Petrie into conniptions.

Mind you, I suppose the pitch is part of the "infrastructure", so he might reckon it's OK.

But he'd still take it off the player budget for next season. :wink:

Itsnoteasy
24-05-2014, 12:58 PM

If plastic pitch was not allowed what was the point of Hamilton playing Hibs as they would have been on a lose lose situaton even if they beat us.

Brightside
24-05-2014, 01:21 PM
We need to stop calling them plastic pitches...its not 1980s luton town! Hybrid pitches are the way forward for Prem teams. and 3g for everyone else. I'd stop grass pitches asap. The pitches in this country are a disgrace...(I'm talking about the public parks). Impossible to get kids to play decent football on them.

JustSimplyHibs
24-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Thought the pitch was ok but the way it was watered casused problems.

The sprinklers didn't reach the middle so that part of the park played slower then the wings and penalty boxes. Think that caught a few players out on more than one occasion.

Said to my wee boy that I thought that was a ploy by Hamilton... To get in behind us!!! There was a guy at the sprinklers controlling the water flow.

But the pitch looked good.

KiddA
24-05-2014, 01:33 PM
It says here we already have it along with The Rangers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster

spike220
25-05-2014, 06:28 AM
I think the technology has a long way to go yet.

My son has played rugby on a 4G rubber crumb pitch, it is always a second choice to grass, but not a great replacement.