PDA

View Full Version : Fans

Hibee-Wylie
24-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Love it how every fan has stood by the club no matter what happens. Selling out Sunday with the season we have had is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack
24-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Supporters ;-)

madhatter
24-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Supporting the club all season round is where our problem lies. The same was the case against Dunfermline a few years back, we turn up in numbers when the crisis reaches the fore rather than backing them constantly.

I stupidly never got a ST for this season but have went to every home game barring 1-2 at most. If all fans of this great club did the same or better then we'd be one hell of a club and be constantly challenging at the right end of the table with the correct management.

Having said all this, I take my hat off to all Hibs fans for having the willpower, the heart and the passion to turn up to the games of these magnitudes after having suffered so much. It really is top notch stuff. Those who were at the away tie, once again, you all deserve a big pat on the back because the support looked immense. Non-Scottish spectators via Sky Sports probably thought we were at home giving the sheer numbers and sound created. Well done!

I won't say we are the best fans in the world because this sort of thing isn't an exact science or remotely comparable. What I will say though, is our support is befitting of this great club and heritage, and we have regularly shown what we're about when it matters. Both of which, give me a great sense of pride and a feeling of gladness that I was born and brought up a Hibs fan.

See you on Sunday!

:flag:

monktonharp
24-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Supporting the club all season round is where our problem lies. The same was the case against Dunfermline a few years back, we turn up in numbers when the crisis reaches the fore rather than backing them constantly.

I stupidly never got a ST for this season but have went to every home game barring 1-2 at most. If all fans of this great club did the same or better then we'd be one hell of a club and be constantly challenging at the right end of the table with the correct management.

Having said all this, I take my hat off to all Hibs fans for having the willpower, the heart and the passion to turn up to the games of these magnitudes after having suffered so much. It really is top notch stuff. Those who were at the away tie, once again, you all deserve a big pat on the back because the support looked immense. Non-Scottish spectators via Sky Sports probably thought we were at home giving the sheer numbers and sound created. Well done!

I won't say we are the best fans in the world because this sort of thing isn't an exact science or remotely comparable. What I will say though, is our support is befitting of this great club and heritage, and we have regularly shown what we're about when it matters. Both of which, give me a great sense of pride and a feeling of gladness that I was born and brought up a Hibs fan.

See you on Sunday!

:flag:a great post ya mad hatter ye. all true though. was at Hamilton, and ther Hibs fans were immense. we will do the same on Sunday, and hopefully drive our team on to more of the same

Baader
24-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Fans have been fantastic. We have had a crap 5+ years.

Hopefully better times round the corner.

HibsNZ
24-05-2014, 01:24 AM

See you on Sunday!

Spot on! :aok:

Ronniekirk
24-05-2014, 05:52 AM

See you on Sunday!

Here's hoping we will all be in wonderland tomorrow and it will be more than a Tea Party we will be having :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Always have and always will.

col02
24-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Better players equals better performances equals better crowds. Is this a chicken and egg scenario or do they work in tandem? Supposing in a blind act of faith every Hibs fan who could do so were to purchase a season ticket for next season. The potential is there for this club and with the changes off the pitch we can help make a massive change on the pitch too. Let's back the club not just when the chips are down but from the very beginning. Nobody can say the hairs do not stand up on the back of their neck when ER is full and jumping. Every man and their dog outwith the Hibernian family has had a pop this year so is it time to create a home for our own players to thrive in and opponents to fear? Tomorrow is about getting the job done beyond that it is about showing what makes Hibernian so special!

The_Exile
24-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Agree with the sentiment but it's not as black and white as that, times have been, and still are tough, financially for most working class people. You're talking £50/£60 for a day out at the game with a wee one. At the end of the day, going to the fitba is a luxury that can easily be axed to save cash. I've got a few mates who are sacrificing something this month in order to make this game, some are taking their wee ones for the first time due to the prices being sensible.

Of course, with good performances on the pitch, attendances will increase, that's not a unique problem that we face, every club in the land's attendances will be at the mercy of good competition and good performances, look at Celtic as an example! When was the last time they domestically had a sell out?