PDA

View Full Version : Pie and Bovril

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 09:58 PM
I made the mistake of joining this site and I've since deleted it. It seems to be totally yam infested, and the very dregs of yamness too. Most of the ones that are on seem to be the ones who were regular contributors to the Evening News blog (also yam infested). There's a lot of Motherwell fans on it as well, they also seem to be really anti-Hibs. Ross County fans jumping on the bandwagon too. They all just agree with what the yam bigots have to say and don't dare cross them. I'm posting this for anybody who decides to try it, to know what to expect. Those who have already been on it will hopefully know what I mean.

22-05-2014, 10:05 PM
You generally find that that the people who support hearts are the utter dregs of society, utterly vile, despiable bunch.

That wont change regardless of what fans forum you go on.

VivaHiberņa
22-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I used to use an account on there, I think you're being unfair in some regards; there are a fair few yams but there are also plenty Hibs fans. They're currently all wanting to see us fail because of the situation we're in, nothing more. Most of the time other fans are pretty neutral when it come Hibs/Hearts stuff but I got the feeling they couldn't stand it when a thread was hijacked by Hibs and Hearts nonsense.

However...

...I don't go anywhere near the place as it really is just full of weirdos and zoomers. While sometimes you do get decent threads and high quality discussion a lot of the time it is all just the same people making fannies of themselves. For that reason alone, I avoid it. Still good fun trolling The Rangers fans, mind.

silverhibee
22-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Steve disagrees with anything bad said about Pie & Bovril eh Steve. :wink: :thumbsup:

#FromTheCapital
22-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Think of all the nonsense on here at times (especially now) where we're all supposed to support the same team. Easy to see how a forum where every Scottish team is represented can be so annoying.
Fwiw I don't go on P&B, but I follow the twitter account which is ran by a st midden fan. Who happens to have a hell of a lot of sympathy for hearts, which is just downright confusing. Obviously no other team in Scotland has as big a rivalry with that mob than us, but at the end of the day they cheated. Administration was an admission of that. Whilst hibs fans don't have the same level of hatred for Motherwell (for example), I certainly wouldn't show them any sympathy for the state they got themselves in.

Nando™
23-05-2014, 04:50 AM
Ach P&B's awright, just stick to the general nonsense forum and you'll be sound.

The merricks on there are total morons though, apart from maybe two of them.

ALF TUPPER
23-05-2014, 06:06 AM
P&B does have considerable yam tendencies. The devil is at work here .

Think I might set up my own site ... Mwahahahahaha

;-D

mjhibby
23-05-2014, 07:13 AM
It's disappointing that sites like p and b turn out like this but unfortunately once certain people are let loose on them they just spoil it for others. I tend to just laugh at them and their insecurities. More annoying is the jambo infested Scotsman site who seem to spend every living moment on there preaching the gospel and obsessing when others don't agree with them. You really do get the dregs of society on there.

Jones28
23-05-2014, 07:58 AM
I looked at P&B for a while but got bored. Very few threads of actual football discussion but plenty slagging each other off, both as individuals and the teams they support.

AndyM_1875
23-05-2014, 08:02 AM
P&B used to be alright but had gone downhill rapidly. The sneering at Hibs is poor along with the Hearts sympathy card being brought out as well.
Worse still is the tedious mince about Rangers. Folk still incapable of moving on and getting purple faced 2 years after the event. Really dull.

Hibee-Bongo
23-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Jeezo - sensitive much? We're a joke just now, if it was Aberdeen or Dundee Utd in our position we'd be ripping it out of them. Get through Sunday without a meltdown and it'll blow over.

Dunc89
23-05-2014, 09:02 AM
It's the worst type of football message board: cliquey and petty, alongside a horrendous standard of commentary, insight and analysis.

Their twitter has been equally embarrassing over the past few days. A site to definitely ignore in the future.

ekhibee
23-05-2014, 11:17 AM
It's disappointing that sites like p and b turn out like this but unfortunately once certain people are let loose on them they just spoil it for others. I tend to just laugh at them and their insecurities. More annoying is the jambo infested Scotsman site who seem to spend every living moment on there preaching the gospel and obsessing when others don't agree with them. You really do get the dregs of society on there.
Couldn't agree more mjhibby, the Scotsman site has been like that for as long as I can remember, hence why I don't use it. It's probably even worse, because a lot of them personalize it against any Hibs fan that tries to reply to a comment, so as we all agree, either laugh at it or just avoid it altogether.

ekhibee
23-05-2014, 11:24 AM
It's the worst type of football message board: cliquey and petty, alongside a horrendous standard of commentary, insight and analysis.

Their twitter has been equally embarrassing over the past few days. A site to definitely ignore in the future.
That's the first thing I noticed when I joined it, the cliques. Make one comment which contradicts what one of them said and they all go piling in. The Hibs fans on there all seem pretty reasonable but the Yams and the others that jump on the bandwagon just want to wind them up and it's constant, not just the occasional comment. To be honest I'm glad I'm out of it, I've got no interest in what Hearts fans think at any time, never mind about the team I support.

Pete
23-05-2014, 05:59 PM
It should be a better place for hibs fans next season.

In fact it should be better right now as there's absolutely no reason for any hearts fans to be on the premiership forum any more.

When they said "hibs aren't our rivals any more" they were indeed telling the truth.

Greenblood70
24-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Read it once, it was utter *****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MartinfaePorty
24-05-2014, 01:30 PM
The Sevco liquidation thread last year was pure gold and a mine of excellent information, but much of it is a macho peeing contest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cmcd
24-05-2014, 03:41 PM
The Sevco liquidation thread last year was pure gold and a mine of excellent information, but much of it is a macho peeing contest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lets be honest There are diddies on all sites including this one

ekhibee
24-05-2014, 05:06 PM
It should be a better place for hibs fans next season.

In fact it should be better right now as there's absolutely no reason for any hearts fans to be on the premiership forum any more.

When they said "hibs aren't our rivals any more" they were indeed telling the truth.
Good point, but there's at least one of them that puts their team down as 'Scotland' when he's very obviously a yam.

Thecat23
24-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Poor forum and poor twitter account. To many of the EEN posters for me.