PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get carried away

Unseen work
22-05-2014, 03:53 PM
As the title says. We done well by keeping a clean sheet and scoring 2 goals - 2 massive problems for us lately.

I watched the game back and noticed

IMO Hamilton could of had possibly 3 goals if there players were more composed and ben never saved us. They cut through us a couple of times to easily.

IMO we need thomson back as it seemed like there was a massive gap between the spot of defence and midfield where they were getting in and causing problems. Thomson would shut off a lot of this and see us control the game more. As whenever we had the ball we looked to do things 100 mph, a bit more calmness on the ball is needed.

Harris started well first 20 mins when he was doing short intrinsic passing, it was when he tried to run with the ball his confidence went.

Stanton seemed a lot more mature and disciplined, his ball to heffernan for the second goal was brilliant.

Nelson has to be more disciplined, he sometimes gets to carried away and goes charging out trying to get the ball and is there 30 seconds too late leaving a massive gap in the defence to be exploited

22-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Absolutely delighted with last nights result, 2 goal lead going into the second leg is a great position to be in and I bet not many of us thought we would be in such a good stance. But i've supported hibs long enough to know not to take anything for granted. We cant get, as you say, get carried away and complacent, believing the tie is all done and dusted. If they take an early lead on sunday they are right back in it and that will lift them to push for the equaliser. A big 90 mins on sunday. If I was Butcher i would be telling the players to forget the 2 goal advantage and play as if it's still 0-0 because like I say we don't want the players sitting back thinking the tie is won already, that'll only lead to disaster.

jakeshibs
22-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Absolutely delighted with last nights result, 2 goal lead going into the second leg is a great position to be in and I bet not many of us thought we would be in such a good stance. But i've supported hibs long enough to know not to take anything for granted. We cant get, as you say, get carried away and complacent, believing the tie is all done and dusted. If they take an early lead on sunday they are right back in it and that will lift them to push for the equaliser. A big 90 mins on sunday. If I was Butcher i would be telling the players to forget the 2 goal advantage and play as if it's still 0-0 because like I say we don't want the players sitting back thinking the tie is won already, that'll only lead to disaster.

I totally agree well said,

GlenrothesHibee
22-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I think Butcher will be drumming this into the players. It is only ht in the tie. We are in a wonderful position but we need to forget Wednesdays game and treat it as 0-0.

erin go bragh
22-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Yes Hamilton could have scored 3 but we also hit the post , had a shot cleared of the line . So we could easily have scored 4 . More of the same from the players and the fans on Sun will do me fine .

Ggtth

Michael
22-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Yup. If we concede there will be a very nervous atmosphere around Easter Road.

If we score first then we should be fine. Can't say I'm expecting us to though!

Prawn Sandwich
22-05-2014, 04:34 PM
I think it is a case of getting across the line and then rebuilding with the majority of the players being shown the door.

Spike Mandela
22-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Not one single Hibs fan will take anything for granted going in to this second leg. History tells us all that.

The next goal in the tie is crucial. If we get it Hamilton will be deflated. If Hamilton get it then it's game on and the nerves will be jangling. Hopefully Hibs management and players are clever enough to see it that way in the media before Sunday and don't give Hamilton any ammo to put on their dressing room wall.

One thing different though is that for the first time in a very looooonnnnggg time Hibs go in to the game on the back of a win, with a confident striker and something to defend.

Pete
22-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I'll not be getting carried away before the match but I will be if we get through the tie.
A few celebration/relief pints will be the order of the day and we can finally laugh at the cheats.

I know, we shouldn't view this as success blah blah but in the short term this very much will be.

22-05-2014, 06:14 PM
I think it is a case of getting across the line and then rebuilding with the majority of the players being shown the door.

Absolutely agree. Said this from the start, we just needed one last rally together to get us over the line and secure safety then we can start to look at solving the many problems at the club to ensure we are never in this position again!

22-05-2014, 06:19 PM
I'll not be getting carried away before the match but I will be if we get through the tie.
A few celebration/relief pints will be the order of the day and we can finally laugh at the cheats.

I know, we shouldn't view this as success blah blah but in the short term this very much will be.

I wouldn't say "celebration" more a huge sigh of relief. If we start seeing scraping survial by the skin of our teeth as something to celebrate then we really have fallen. I'll be happy to be staying up but either way i'm still very disappointed that we plumetted ourselves into that position in the first place. It's been a disaster of a season and tbh i'm so glad its just about at an end.

#FromTheCapital
22-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Arse still very much twitching, albeit less than I anticipated.

Dr Jimmy
22-05-2014, 06:32 PM
I agree and the next goal is massive. We get it and the tie is over, they get it and it's squeaky bum time again!

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2014, 06:39 PM

If it goes our way then I'd like us all to wallow in the fact that it's them going down in our place. The beautiful paradox is that their cheating will have saved our bacon. Thanks Yams!

GreenCastle
22-05-2014, 06:41 PM
We will be more confident approaching this game than any of the last 18.

Cummings will be buzzing after his goals and Heff is looking more sharp and fit by the minute - likewise with Robbo in midfield.

The key is defending properly and not allowing them an early goal.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game - if we do lose after being 2v0 up we deserve to go down.

Imperative the fans get along and support the team - the job isn't finished yet.

Islington Hibs
22-05-2014, 06:50 PM
We will be more confident approaching this game than any of the last 18.

Cummings will be buzzing after his goals and Heff is looking more sharp and fit by the minute - likewise with Robbo in midfield.

The key is defending properly and not allowing them an early goal.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game - if we do lose after being 2v0 up we deserve to go down.

Imperative the fans get along and support the team - the job isn't finished yet.

Agree- it is ours to lose and perhaps our luck/ confidence has turned. We need to go into this thinking its 0-0 and not panic if we lose an early goal. W have nothing to fear and hopefully will get over the line.

Russ
22-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Absolutely agree. Said this from the start, we just needed one last rally together to get us over the line and secure safety then we can start to look at solving the many problems at the club to ensure we are never in this position again!

This is the beginning of something special at ER i have no doubts about that whatsoever. Terry will have us up where we belong and it will be a long term thing, not yer flash in the pan pish. We have the march on that mob over on the dark side and a chance to be top dogs for a long time to come. Let's all gloat and get extremely carried away :).

Aldo
22-05-2014, 07:13 PM
They need to take the game to us as they need goals. This will leave space at the back which we must exploit.

We get a chance we need to take it. Score first and it's game over.

Easier said than done.... Yes but we will win on Sunday.

Heedersnvolleys
22-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Wasn't perfect but an improvement but my main concern and one I have had since PF is that Accies had much more of the ball and possession as well as looking much comfortable than us when the had it.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Wasn't perfect but an improvement but my main concern and one I have had since PF is that Accies had much more of the ball and possession as well as looking much comfortable than us when the had it.

You could argue that we had all the possession against Killie, but they won 1-0

Russ
22-05-2014, 07:21 PM

That team you saw last night will bear no resemblance to what's on offer next season, relax and enjoy.

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 07:24 PM
If it goes our way then I'd like us all to wallow in the fact that it's them going down in our place. The beautiful paradox is that their cheating will have saved our bacon. Thanks Yams!oh, that would be sublime. better still we manage a nil nil draw. I'd settle for that at the moment.

sahib
22-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Agree- it is ours to lose and perhaps our luck/ confidence has turned. We need to go into this thinking its 0-0 and not panic if we lose an early goal. W have nothing to fear and hopefully will get over the line.

I would assume our confidence will be fairly fragile, after the season we have had. Hamilton will know this, so the first goal will be very important.

WhileTheChief..
22-05-2014, 07:46 PM
No squeaky bum here, the job's as good as done.

Don't care if Accies get an early goal, they still need 3 to win and that's not going to happen.

Heedersnvolleys
22-05-2014, 07:49 PM
That team you saw last night will bear no resemblance to what's on offer next season, relax and enjoy.

I am trying too :wink: But if they could actually hold on to the thing for any length of time they would relieve so much of the pressure they are under and we could maybe enjoy it a bit :greengrin