PDA

View Full Version : Hasslebaink to be released by St Johnstone

Number69
22-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I would take him, he has pace and isn't a bad finisher. Also has a bit of SPFL experience behind him now. Thoughts?

Number69
22-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Sorry folks just noticed this in another thread, my bad.

calumhibee1
22-05-2014, 02:17 PM
He has pace, but apart from that he's humpty.

JustSimplyHibs
22-05-2014, 02:18 PM
No... I'd prefer my club to look at quality for example, Kris Boyd or, Kenny Miller.

With Paul Hefferman, Jason Cummings, Caldwell Handling and Collins already here - Boyd would be an excellent addition, out of contract and well within our wage range, likewise Kenny Miller.

From now on this club must look at bringing in quality to help the youngsters.

Mikey09
I would take him, he has pace and isn't a bad finisher. Also has a bit of SPFL experience behind him now. Thoughts?

Not or for me bud.... I think a fully fit Heffernan would get more goals. To be honest I was a bit gutted when we missed out on the lad Sheridan.

lord bunberry
I've never been impressed by him, he has pace but very little end product.

The Sea-gull
22-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Not for me I'm afraid. We need to start looking at better than this if we want to get better.

A player who has in recent years failed to achieve consistency and get regular starts for Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone is not the level we should be looking at IMHO.

Golden Bear
22-05-2014, 02:24 PM
He has pace, enthusiasm and the ability to take the opposition on with his mazy dribbling skills.

Definitely not Hibs class right enough.

heretoday
22-05-2014, 02:25 PM
I'd take him.

Number69
22-05-2014, 02:27 PM
His pace and skill could be the perfect match for Heff with his finishing. I always think our lack of pace is our downfall, no counter attacks in which we come out on top is something I would like to see change. Remember how good we were with Ivan bursting down the wing?

Don't know about Boyd but bring Kenny home for sure!

JustSimplyHibs
22-05-2014, 02:37 PM
His pace and skill could be the perfect match for Heff with his finishing. I always think our lack of pace is our downfall, no counter attacks in which we come out on top is something I would like to see change. Remember how good we were with Ivan bursting down the wing?

Don't know about Boyd but bring Kenny home for sure!

Never seen Hibs counter attack this season - to busy hoofing it up the park... When we learn to play the game on the deck then we can counter attack besides, you dont need forwards to counter attack am pretty sure the likes of Stanton, Cummings, Robertson, Harris all have pace to burn - i even seen a turn of pace in Hefferman last night - i was shocked!!!!

We need someone who can put the ball in the net - Boyd is proven is Hasselbank?

JimBHibees
22-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Personally think he is a headless chicken, so a no from me. :greengrin

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Another one for me would be Steven McLean at St Johnstone. Kind of striker we are crying out for in my opinion....

easty
22-05-2014, 02:43 PM
He's tatties.

Number69
22-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Never seen Hibs counter attack this season - to busy hoofing it up the park... When we learn to play the game on the deck then we can counter attack besides, you dont need forwards to counter attack am pretty sure the likes of Stanton, Cummings, Robertson, Harris all have pace to burn - i even seen a turn of pace in Hefferman last night - i was shocked!!!!

We need someone who can put the ball in the net - Boyd is proven is Hasselbank?

Yeah you've kinda got my point then. Boyd is fat and slow, Heff needs someone with speed and determination upfront with him. What can Boyd offer that Heff doesn't already? We need contrasting forwards not two players poaching for 90 minutes hoping the ball will float over. Anyway just my opinion, I think a young talented guy like NH is what we need, Boyd had his day and has another season left in him at best.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2014, 02:55 PM
No.

Number69
22-05-2014, 02:58 PM
No.

Awesome, thanks for your input ;)

jdships
22-05-2014, 02:59 PM
As the saying goes
" Flatters to deceive"

Imagine every even half decent player that is released will be looked at by many managers : just hope this time we go for some QUALITY !!!!
:rolleyes:

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 02:59 PM
He's tatties.

Who's tatties?? McLean??

mentalhibee
22-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Would be a decent signing. Can play wide or up front and still pretty young.

easty
22-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Who's tatties?? McLean??

Nah. Hasselbaink.

Mikey09
22-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Nah. Hasselbaink.

Agreed.

Stevie Reid
22-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Would be happy for a player like him to augment a decent squad, not be a pivotal signing. His pace and ability to run at people is definitely something we lack though, and have since Harris' injury.

JustSimplyHibs
22-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah you've kinda got my point then. Boyd is fat and slow, Heff needs someone with speed and determination upfront with him. What can Boyd offer that Heff doesn't already? We need contrasting forwards not two players poaching for 90 minutes hoping the ball will float over. Anyway just my opinion, I think a young talented guy like NH is what we need, Boyd had his day and has another season left in him at best.

As i said goals - is that not the object of the game???? Score more than your opponent and you win.

Boyd can offer us a full season - Heff has yet to achieve that in his career.

Boyd could offer 20+ goals a season - Heff has yet to achieve that in his career, in fact he probably hasnae achieved 20+ goals at one club!!!

Hefferman is a good player and i like him but given the choice of Boyd or Hefferman - sorry but i'd get rid of Hefferman and Collins to pay for Boyd's wages.

Just my opinion, of course.

If NH was young and talented he wouldn't be playing in Scotland and struggling to get a game for the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone. Again this is my opinion!

As for speed and determination - the likes of Collins, Cummings and Handling all offer this, we need a proven goalscorer - end off!

TheFamous1875
22-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I'd take Hasselbaink on if we already had a spine of leaders and talented players in the squad. Captain material - Thomson, Miller, and a gem of a centre-half from England is along the lines of what I'd like. We should only worry about the rest once the main players for the new squad are on board.

Last season, Fenlon hoped Craig, Robertson, Collins, Tudur Jones and Nelson would step up to the plate, but he got it wrong. We need proven leaders with a pedigree. After that, we can start to think about players who can enhance the foundations of our squad. I think the players listed above can enhance our squad, but can't change games, can't dig deep, and can't be relied on when the going gets tough (hence the situation we find ourselves in) and don't show the leadership every good team needs.

I'd take Hasselbaink, but not over the essential spine of the team, and not over Higgenbotham if he is indeed joining which I hope he will be!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KiddA
22-05-2014, 03:27 PM

Not for me, not good enough for St Johnstone so why is he good enough for us? We need to stop bringing in average players and start bringing in quality for a change.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Nah.

StevieC
22-05-2014, 03:47 PM

I disagree.

He has pace, but apart from that he's humpty.

Totally agree. :top marks

Number69
22-05-2014, 04:02 PM
So he has no pace, terrible finisher and no experience? Lol

Beefster
22-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Players leave St Johnstone good, come to Hibs and turn pish.

Players leave Hibs pish, go to St Johnstone and turn good.

We should definitely take someone who was pish at St Johnstone, what could possibly go wrong?

Golden Bear
22-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Players leave St Johnstone good, come to Hibs and turn pish.

Players leave Hibs pish, go to St Johnstone and turn good.

We should definitely take someone who was pish at St Johnstone, what could possibly go wrong?

I see that Paddy Cregg and Tim Clancy have both been released by the Saints.

And like it or not , right now St Johnstone are most definitely a superior team to us!

jdships
22-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I see that Paddy Cregg and Tim Clancy have both been released by the Saints.

And like it or not , right now St Johnstone are most definitely a superior team to us!

Paddy Cregg
2004-2006 Arsenal 0 (0)-
2006–2009 Falkirk 111 (8)
2009–2010 Hibernian 15 (1)
2010 Greenock Morton 1 (0)
2010-2011 St. Mirren 22 (0)
2011–2012 Bury 7 (0)
2012- St. Johnstone
Tells its own story

Clancy sadly is just injury prone

Aldo
22-05-2014, 07:09 PM
No thanks. Rather we went for others than any of them!!

frazeHFC
22-05-2014, 07:31 PM
If we stay I'd be hoping for a bit more quality than Nigel Hasslebaink.